• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
I don't think many people are really "against" new characters, except for those who think that characters are chosen to fit a random numerical limit. It's more a question of who we may want more.
my point is i'm looking for a poll involving Ridley's inclusion.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
So the days on average are around the 10th. So 8-13 works for me.

My perception on Ridley, since I've never gone over it myself here: the large size is inconsequential, but I can see an issue with Ridley's lankiness. To me, it seems like his many awkward features like his hunched torso and extremely twiggy neck could create graphical issues and unsightly quirks when running at 60 FPS for stuff like dodge rolling, tilting, etc. Other M Ridley ironically would be better to implement in that case due to having a more rounded body like Bowser.

That said, if Hal and Namco can make it work, they'll make it work. Ridley would take the Pac-Man route for appearance - having the more Smash-y look as the character model, with the other prevalent look for something else. In this case, Ridley using a conglomeration of his Super Metroid and Zero Mission look, with Other M Ridley being Ridley's Final Smash with its own moves and techniques, similar to Yoshi's Super Dragon and Mega Charizard X oh, look at that. Two Dragons with similar Final Smashes in terms of effect. Let's get the third dragon into this game as well. OM Ridley perpetually flying like he seems to be in the Smash Direct footage is an indicator of that...just without the Final Smash filter effect like those had....huh. :/
im sure it'll be other M ridley that gets added, since he'd just be much easier to make playable when it comes down to the animations for his body.

personally, other M ridley has really grown on me, the more i see of him.

besides, samus received her other M look, didnt she? no reason not to use that version of ridley.

hopefully we wont have to wait more than a couple of weeks for a ridley confirmation... its all come down to this.

domokl

Smash Lord
if its the villians trailer with k rool ridley amd mewtwo crashboards will be here for days

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Am I the only one who likes the small wings of 2D Ridley? I love how he has a big body and little wings, much more so than the large Prime inspired wings we see today.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Am I the only one who likes the small wings of 2D Ridley? I love how he has a big body and little wings, much more so than the large Prime inspired wings we see today.
Well, since Super Metroid was my introduction to Ridley, I've always had a soft spot for his design in that game.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I prefer him with realistically sized wings. Creatures/humanoids with tiny wings look too awkward for me, like they'll just plummet to the ground after jumping off a cliff. Pit gets a pass since he uses Palutena's powers to fly though (and his wing-to-body ratio isn't that bad anyway).

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Off topic/Warning Received
why do people keep expecting mewtwo to return?

i remember reading something about how so many people hated mewtwo in melee cause he was hard or impractical to use... and then after he was removed, people were upset by it and brought him back for the project M thing... and now want him back in smash officially.

well if people didnt want him gone, they shouldnt have complained in the first place.

i cant really remember WHERE i read that... but i know i did... damn screwed up memory.

mewtwo was actually one of my favorites to use in melee, but i doubt he'll ever be brought back, now.

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario

i remember reading something about how so many people hated mewtwo in melee cause he was hard or impractical to use... and then after he was removed, people were upset by it and brought him back for the project M thing... and now want him back in smash officially.

well if people didnt want him gone, they shouldnt have complained in the first place.

i cant really remember WHERE i read that... but i know i did... damn screwed up memory.

mewtwo was actually one of my favorites to use in melee, but i doubt he'll ever be brought back, now.
Project M and the news of his planned inclusion in Brawl giving us false hopes and dreams. Another funny thing about the Brawl roster time constraints, Mewtwo's supposed replacement barely made it in the game in time.

EDIT----------------
Uh, you know who else wasn't in brawl? Ridley.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is something that you should ask over in the Mewtwo thread as opposed to here:
http://smashboards.com/threads/mewtwo.324191/page-145#post-17154178

For the sake of staying on the topic of Ridley in here.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
No no, I believe you said, and I quote:

"Please scar me for the rest of my life by killing my friends, pets, and family."

"Yes, I'm sure of that now."

-Ridley, 2014.

That sounds like a thing Ridley would say

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
You know...i recently got an great idea spawned in my pretty sick (sometimes...sometimes it is normal) head...
about making another Ridley (or Roidley, if you want) model import hack, but instead of adapting model to Charizard`s rig/skeleton, we will adapt that rig/skeleton to the model without changing amount of bones or their indexes. Then, i would ask permission of editing Ridley PSA animations to contribute to their project with credits to the model`s author (i once got it for editing those animations to give Ridley proper neck, but i canceled that project when i realized that model they used had ridicolously bad neck bones that, instead of just bending his neck, wapred it in a not very good ways). Since moveset itself is good (except for Final Smash) while animations and model are not that good (model is horrible, but that is mostly Charizard`s skeleton/rig`s fault), that would give us a very good Ridley PSA...but i doubt that will happen...unless i will learn how to port Brawl characters` skeletons on other models...and moveset itself can`t be changed unfortunately, so, it wouldn`t be possible to fully remake few animations (like standing animation), only improve them and adapt them to new model.

They were supposed to be big since Super Metroid (look at concept art or whatever Ridley, red one, he has normal wings instead of those very small wings that could not lift such thing and look pathetic) and his wings was THAT big only in Prime 1, after that game, they had normal size. It is a lot more realistic and makes him look better. His wings were so small to avoid having a very frustrating boss that could damage you from a large distance by its wings because of that good ol` touch damage.

Last edited:

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
What have I missed over the last 300+ pages, I was too busy being uninterested about this thread and hoping for Ridley :p (Just so you know, I was just kidding)

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
What have I missed over the last 300+ pages, I was too busy being uninterested about this thread and hoping for Ridley :p (Just so you know, I was just kidding)
Nothing much, other than a new screenshot from the april direct showing that something on Palutena's Temple has HP remaining.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Ridley and Roidley hugging...no, really, both AndreaAC`s version and my version. It is worth looking at. At least AndreaAC`s version. I don`t remember who asked for it...

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ridley and Roidley hugging...no, really, both AndreaAC`s version and my version. It is worth looking at. At least AndreaAC`s version. I don`t remember who asked for it...
-u- Please don't say it like that! yours is worth looking too! :).....oh and it was um....I_hate_Usernames....?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So, how would you guys want the Ridley trailer to play out, and who else would you want to see in it, assuming they make another dual-character trailer since we're nearing the end of the roster?

I want Ridley + Isaac, myself.

I once wrote a series of Space Pirate Logs, styled after Prime, about the Pirates encountering Weyard.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Fyi it translates to remaining hp not boss hp.
Thank you. Well, my guess is the Hewdraw popping up in the gap and snapping at players while shooting fire. I can be fair for Little Mac because its heads could stay by a platform, but back on topic. Have we even had very many Palutena's Temple screen shots? If we haven't then that definitely helps Ridley considering Pyrosphere having tons of screenshots.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Really? I didn't know that he is a member of smashboards. That's pretty cool and it does make sense since they do have some evidence from this thread. Hail to Ridley!
Well, I actually became friends with WiiDude over the whole Chrom debate, and he invited me to a couple of his chats. I didn't technically "co-host" it, he hosted it, and I was invited to participate in the video (along with another one of his friends). And I made sure we brought up the the Ridley info in this thread, especially Post #2.

So, how would you guys want the Ridley trailer to play out, and who else would you want to see in it, assuming they make another dual-character trailer since we're nearing the end of the roster?

I once wrote a series of Space Pirate Logs, styled after Prime, about the Pirates encountering Weyard.
I'd like it to be a villain trailer, but with Isaac using Judgment to attack the villains. :D

EDIT: At one point I wanted K. Rool and Ridley, now I want a separate DK trailer (for both Dixie and K. Rool) with Isaac and Ridley in the same trailer.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I'm gonna make a ridley video sometime before sometime. I hope it's not too late, anyone want to join? Private message me.

I have 0 subscribers.

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525

Before I said I wanted each main character facing of against their mortal enemy, but I like someone else's idea of Bowser leading an attack on the smashers and different villains being confirmed.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Well, I actually became friends with WiiDude over the whole Chrom debate, and he invited me to a couple of his chats. I didn't technically "co-host" it, he hosted it, and I was invited to participate in the video (along with another one of his friends). And I made sure we brought up the the Ridley info in this thread, especially Post #2.

That's cool. Good for you that you guys met that way! Glad you guys spread the Ridley support and made a darn good video with very strong points and evidence.;)

I'd like it to be a villain trailer, but with Isaac using Judgment to attack the villains. :D

An all villains trailer would be epic and I could see it happening as one of the last newcomer vids.

EDIT: At one point I wanted K. Rool and Ridley, now I want a separate DK trailer (for both Dixie and K. Rool) with Isaac and Ridley in the same trailer.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
He could be an 11 year old from Miiverse
Or Sakurai. Or Ridley himself. Maybe he wants to test how loyal are we? If we will fail, he will abandon SSB and never return ever again, but not before killing all of us and then using our bones for his planned custom-made toys.

I want Ridley+Bowser+Ganondorf VS Samus+Mario+Link trailer.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Or Sakurai. Or Ridley himself. Maybe he wants to test how loyal are we?
Even Sakurai knows The Rabbids, Maxwell, and Minecraft Steve should never be in Smash Bros.

This kid probably is probably asking for Skydoesminecraft for Smash *shivers*

Top Bottom