• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Frankly I doubt Ridley would have that big of attack ranges anyway. He might have slightly longer reach with his grabs and maybe tail attacks, but otherwise the only things I can imagine him having that would be especially big would be his specials; namely, he'd have a very wide side special mostlikely.
I thought his side special would be a dash grab, combining Fox's and Bowser's side specials, and he can get a few good whacks in (mind you, about 10 damage total) before he lets go or does a grab attack.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I thought his side special would be a dash grab, combining Fox's and Bowser's side specials, and he can get a few good whacks in (mind you, about 10 damage total) before he lets go or does a grab attack.
I was kinda thinking Ridley's side special is a dash (also, I'm pretty sure Ridley is using his side special at the beginning of that Smash Direct footage) and yeah, I do think that him being able to grab opponents with it is quite possible, too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That whole scene is full of Ridley badass-ery.
"Hey, who the **** turned on the lights?!"
"***** I know ya ain't gonna do nothin' to me 'cause you're a *****, so I'm-a just gonna scream at ya for thirty seconds."
"Wha'ch'you just say to me, guy? I 'got no style?' Hey, that guy your friend Samus? Well, I'm-a kill it either way."

Ridley absorbed Samus' badass-ness for the entire game for the sake of this one scene.
:troll::troll::troll::troll:
Who else read that like Slowbeef and Diabetus?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I can't beat ridley in zero mission lmao ;_;

I've been playing two days straight man TWO DAYS!!
Get at least 100 missiles (and few super missiler) and then sit in a corner or go under him and shoot him with missiles, dodging his tail and shooting his fireballs with uncharged beam. Continue doing that until he will explode. It is nothing compared to his Super Mertoid fight or Metroid Prime 1 fight.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Ridley is pretty much like Death from Castlevania. A recurring character that is always a hard boss and yet is always really fun.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Get at least 100 missiles (and few super missiler) and then sit in a corner or go under him and shoot him with missiles, dodging his tail and shooting his fireballs with uncharged beam. Continue doing that until he will explode. It is nothing compared to his Super Mertoid fight or Metroid Prime 1 fight.
Alright thanks for the tips man. Ridley was death easy in mp3. This is the first 2d metroid I'm playing.

Any recommends after I finished this one?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Alright thanks for the tips man. Ridley was death easy in mp3. This is the first 2d metroid I'm playing.

Super Metroid is a must play for Metroid fans, it's the Metroid game.

Hong

The Strongest
^~^' I really liked Fusion.

SA-X was a cool experience. I like having something to be afraid of.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Gee guys y u want this Ridler guy so much? His tail attacks would be so long that he'd be too OP!!! Be right back, gotta practice for maining mah Palutena... What? She can have ridiculous range, it makes sense!

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
To be fair Ridley does have a much stronger presence in the Smash Bros. games than K. Rool, Ridley, Ridley's appeared in all games so far in some form or another (cameo, in melee intro and a boss), and I think all K. Rool has is a trophy. Why couldn't they have made a boss out of K. Rool in Brawl? when Ridley had 2 appearances as a boss. Though saying that it does seem odd if they were to add just kremlings.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
imo prime 1 is the best metroid game

but the only 2D one i've played is fusion so

I should probably get on those 2D ones

xD

You should pick up Super Metroid if you own or plan to get a Wii U. Never played the original but the port was great. I'm personally hoping for another 3rd person Metroid similar to Other M, but sadly it got a lot of hate because of the plot.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You should pick up Super Metroid if you own or plan to get a Wii U. Never played the original but the port was great. I'm personally hoping for another 3rd person Metroid similar to Other M, but sadly it got a lot of hate because of the plot.
See, I never picked up Other M because the gameplay turned me off, before I even heard of the plot controversy. Maybe I was too hasty, I dunno .

I'm picking up a Wii U/Mkart 8 bundle with my room mates as soon as the semester starts, so I'll look into super metroid, though. gotta culture myself.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
It is nothing compared to his Super Mertoid fight or Metroid Prime 1 fight.
I remember Ridley completely walled me the first time I faced him in Super Metroid, he just kept absorbing the missiles I pumped into him. It took me a few months later to realise charge shots aren't actually useless and are better than missiles. :v

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

Either Metroid Fusion or Super Metroid. Fusion is kinda hard at the start because of how much damage enemies deal, but it is easier to find where to go and looks better. In Super Mertoid it is pretty easy to get lost, especially in Maridia (i got lost here even with FAQ guide for 2 hours...that sounds pathetic and maybe that is just my fault), but this game has better...um...i don`t know how to explain that. Other than that, both of them are great games, but Super Metroid is considered to be better than Fusion and i agree with that.
Oh, and when Ridley in Super Metroid will decide to use his tail like a pogo-stick, just go to the right side until you will reach end of the platform, crouch/sit down and shoot up - he won`t be able to hit Samus like that with his tail or block her projectiles with it, but he still can shoot fireballs and they are invincible in this game.
Ridley is pretty much like Death from Castlevania. A recurring character that is always a hard boss and yet is always really fun.
Wait...if he kills Death, then doesn`t that means that he can`t die after that? Or Death doesn`t dies?

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Either Metroid Fusion or Super Metroid. Fusion is kinda hard at the start because of how much damage enemies deal, but it is easier to find where to go and looks better. In Super Mertoid it is pretty easy to get lost, especially in Maridia (i got lost here even with FAQ guide for 2 hours...that sounds pathetic and maybe that is just my fault), but this game has better...um...i don`t know how to explain that. Other than that, both of them are great games, but Super Metroid is considered to be better than Fusion and i agree with that.
Oh, and when Ridley in Super Metroid will decide to use his tail like a pogo-stick, just go to the right side until you will reach end of the platform, crouch/sit down and shoot up - he won`t be able to hit Samus like that with his tail or block her projectiles with it, but he still can shoot fireballs and they are invincible in this game.

Wait...if he kills Death, then doesn`t that means that he can`t die after that? Or Death doesn`t dies?
Thanks! I just beat ridley btw. Went out and got more energytanks (had like 3..). Just stood under him and shot him with missles. His grabattack was ****ing awesome lol. I REALLLLLLLLY like the bosses in this game. So if other metroids are even better I'm more than happy!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Gee guys y u want this Ridler guy so much? His tail attacks would be so long that he'd be too OP!!! Be right back, gotta practice for maining mah Palutena... What? She can have ridiculous range, it makes sense!
No. The only acceptable nickname for Ridley is Riddles McDiddles.

Last edited:

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Well out of all the remaining veterans Wario does seem like one of the safest, and he wasn't a hidden character in Brawl, that coupled with the fact we haven't had a character reveal since Pac-Man, my guess is it's a safe bet saying he could be revealed soon, but who knows, it could be true.

All of the ones below with the exception of Ice Climbers have been confirmed for Smash 4, the rest I haven't mentioned were classed as secret fighters

Last edited:

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
I will be hyped if Wario does show up as specified. Even if it's possibly just a lucky guess, it really doesn't take much to get me excited at the slightest possibility of Ridley.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well out of all the remaining veterans Wario does seem like one of the safest, and he wasn't a hidden character in Brawl, that coupled with the fact we haven't had a character reveal since Pac-Man, my guess is it's a safe bet saying he could be revealed soon, but who knows, it could be true.

All of the ones below with the exception of Ice Climbers have been confirmed for Smash 4, the rest I haven't mentioned were classed as secret fighters

Well, meta knight could come out too. Or he might be hidden this time around.

Same is the case for Falco.

We don't really know. But at this point, someone trying to use a veteran reveal to pin the legitimacy of their leak on is BS to me. I could say I know for sure that Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, and Isaac are all playable, and that as a guarantee, we'll get Ice climbers this week. it's not hard. So don't believe that leak. Sal is the one true god.

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Sonic and Snake were secret characters as well, don't forget. It is highley possible a characters gets revealed but is an unlockable in game.​

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well one little announcement we have a rumor

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/91105966296/rumor-mill-gematsu-plus-rumor

If we see wario on that week say goodnight ridley detractors

But sadly im pretty sure we are not going to see wario that week.
Meh, we're missing Wario, Ice Climbers and Meta Knight of past starters, so it really just sounds like he picked the most likely of the three. Of course this is taking into consideration Lucas is out. We're also at the point of the month where we usually get a character reveal, and he even took the liberty of giving himself two weeks time for it. Too safe, even if Wario gets revealed I wouldn't take much from it, it's what everyone is guessing at this point.

Sonic and Snake were secret characters as well, don't forget. It is highley possible a characters gets revealed but is an unlockable in game.​
They're 3rd parties, they need to reveal those pre-release.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well, meta knight could come out too. Or he might be hidden this time around.

Same is the case for Falco.

We don't really know. But at this point, someone trying to use a veteran reveal to pin the legitimacy of their leak on is BS to me. I could say I know for sure that Mewtwo, K. Rool, Ridley, and Isaac are all playable, and that as a guarantee, we'll get Ice climbers this week. it's not hard. So don't believe that leak. Sal is the one true god.
Whoa wait a second how do you know that those 4 are playable

(Ok besides ridley because i know that one myself.)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm sure Ridley is in.

I'm indifferent on Mewtwo and Isaac. They could go either way.

The evidence isn't so much for K Rool at the moment. Even though I want that to not be the case

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
No :troll:Ing please.

Why do you think all of them besides ridley is going to be playable/dlc
It was trolling in the first place, to show that you can't believe any random person who claims to have a leak on the internet. This was in response to the guy who 'leaked' some stuff, and said the proof is that Wario will be revealed this week.

Going off of the pattern that Sakurai revealed Olimar a month after E3 last year, a lot of people think a vet will be revealed this week, a month after this E3. I was using that as an example that anyone can pick a few characters they like and tie it to an educated guess to try and win credibility.

Don't trust leakers kids. Except Sal

Sal is the one true god

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
It was trolling in the first place, to show that you can't believe any random person who claims to have a leak on the internet. This was in response to the guy who 'leaked' some stuff, and said the proof is that Wario will be revealed this week.

Going off of the pattern that Sakurai revealed Olimar a month after E3 last year, a lot of people think a vet will be revealed this week, a month after this E3. I was using that as an example that anyone can pick a few characters they like and tie it to an educated guess to try and win credibility.

Sal is the one true god
Thank you based sal

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Sal is the one true god
So if we get a veteran reveal this week, then this must mean we're only getting three more characters until the release in Japan.

(and one of them could be Ridley).

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Leaks with dates never work. An specific day is thrown to add an air of legitimacy to the rumor. Even if the leaks were legit, the devs can easily change their minds and not reveal that character to shatter the leak's credibility to stop spoilers. I'd totally do that.

Top Bottom