• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Return of Rochester! October 24th. And the New NYS PR!!!!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Megabus goes to EastView mall which is like 15 mins from like rochester. If anything get a cheap megabus ticket and have Rtf or Rochester***s pick you up.
Except not from Albany. From Albany, Megabus only goes to NYC, so the only way I could get to Eastview would be to take a bus to NYC and then go to Eastview. The earliest bus is at 7. Thats would put my in NYC by like 10:30-11:00. I don't even know how long the travel time from NYC to eastview is, but everyone would be gone by then(if they plan on attending the tournament at least)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
leave the night before maybe?

i need somebody that tech savvy (because I am very very not) to get me a picture of new york state, and than like photoshop it, and put lil dots where everybody lives so I can get a better view of the situation.

bcb. utica
CJT. Albany
San. Ithica
Me, Pika, and TEG. Rochester
Easy, Shun, Cross and more. Buffalo
Cura, Bry and more. Syracuse.
Mana. where ever the hell he lives

I need a visual aid to figure out where all these places are in relation to each other.

also, who from buffalo is coming to this?

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord

I just got a bunch of people who posted in this thread.
I used avatars if you couldn't tell

Edit: Redoing it to include TML
Edit: Fixd.

soma ghost

Smash Journeyman
I'm closer to rochester than buffalo by like twenty minutes. Pretty much right between the two though.
Put me with the roc players please.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
Girls exist in real life? =O

Hmm, I still have like no contact info of anyone from UB going. Hell, I'd pay the person who drives me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
15 bucks is more than enough for a round trip from buff to roc.

I suggest you look up that dude cross (FallenTwilight on SWF) and not only send him a message on here, and also send a message to his youtube account, informing him of this tournament and your abitilty to pay for transportation

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
there are more than 7 ppl in new york check all the old player finders the compendium and past tournament topics to find people actually in our areas it takes a lot of work to find people in new york i used to do it night and day but its hard

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
I thought he said he needed a ride as well. I talk to him on MSN... well, whenever he's on, but I thought he said he needed a ride in this thread.

altairian

Smash Lord
there are more than 7 ppl in new york check all the old player finders the compendium and past tournament topics to find people actually in our areas it takes a lot of work to find people in new york i used to do it night and day but its hard
I think he only put up the people relevant to the ride discussion for this tourney ;)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I think he only put up the people relevant to the ride discussion for this tourney ;)
this.

however, this:

Is also a fantastic idea.

D

Deleted member

dear WNY:

host something around thanksgiving so I can visit.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
If people tell me there location, I can add them to the chart, although if this gets big, I should probably start from scratch with a better system than avatars...

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
My mommy told me to tell an adult if someone touches me inappropriately.

And for no reason I'll just say, w00t, Cross just got online.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
cross mentioned he needed a ride earlier. Something about rob possibly giving him 1 though. If buffalo is coming bring out CbC. I think thats what his tag was.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yea, i gathered that much. the attendance for ATOB 3 was like 30, no?

there should be no reason out of the 20 or so guys that were there that were actually from buffalo, you cant find 4 dudes that can pool together some resources and make a drive down to rochester for a day.

try to get touch with alexei and see what he can do. regardless of what he might think, I would like him to show up at this.

altairian

Smash Lord
Don't sweat it bry, it's only one tourney =)
lol I just realized that unless pikapika goes, there actually won't be a pikachu player at this tourney. Weak =\

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i can pick up people in syracuse

theres no tournament hype theres literally just chat in this topic its not even a tournament topic this will faill too bc every1 in WNY likes to talk to eachother on the boards as opposed to like advertising getting people into the topic not talking about useless **** etc

if i do end up going (only if attendance looks promising)

$50 KoJ - Falcon v Falco bo5

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
False, sir.

Ive gotten in touch with the RIT game club and I personally driving at least 3 of them to this tourney.

Ive also gotten in touch with the MCC game club and am talking to them about attending this, I was thinking about seeing if I could get them to find a room for us to have teh tourney there, but I really dont feel like dealing with the schools red tape.

Im going to try and talk to the RIT game club this week and get some of them to attend as well.

I also met a random girl at the bbq shack that I used to work at that told me Smash is her favorite game, and she should hopefully becoming and bringing a friend or two.

Im definitely talking to much mcuh more people than the ones posting on this thread, just cus people dont have smash boards accounts doesnt mean that they wouldnt like to come to a smash tourney

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
jesse team with me

all fox/marth

this reminds me of something i wanted to say.

Jesse, in the spirit of fairness, I dont think you should team with neil for this tourney. Cura is teaming with his girlfriend, and I am teaming with a dude from RIT. and if san comes back i already have a teammate lined up for him as well.

The teams for brawl are looking well balenced and I dont feel like having an auto win super team for this that nobody is going to beat just because the rest of us feel like teaming with new, untested people for once.

Just for brawl, tho. Melee you can do what ever you want.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok, I'll team with someone else. Max, if you actually come to this, it may just be the best weekend of my life.

Melee teams: Marth+Zelda
Brawl teams: Snake+Ike?

Also, you can get me back into Pokemon and it will be 10x more fun than last time. We'll troll Smogon and **** them like old times.

Oh, and you and Tanya can have my bed too. It's very big.

I call winning all 4 events!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Max is coming?

F*CK

P.S. - Please don't troll Smogon without me, it's like my favorite pastime. D:

Top Bottom