• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I definatley need to work on getting my Ness a bit more consistant. :3

I'm going to say, perhaps controversially, that Zero Suit and Zelda are your best characters.

ZSS just flowed awesomely.

Imirik

Smash Rookie
Good games Otter. You got quite unlucky with those TLink d-airs though lol :p

Your aerials are still really hard to predict, I need to get used to those.

I tried my FLUDD -> cape a few times but it didnt really work, I kept using it on your second jump instead of the recovry :p

Anyways hopefully some more tommorow!

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I'd only call one of those Dairs unlucky (the one that didn't spike), the rest were foolish. D:

Yeah, I try my best to mix up my aeriels. Because people soon learn that the back air **** comes when TLink's back is turned and that up airs come from below.

I think my main problem is stale move negation. My spacing has gotten better recently. My upairs and up smashes just never seem to kill because I use them to rack up damage. =(

Fludd to cape combo? I didn't know you were doing it, I shall watch out for that now. =D

Just wondering, were any of you guys tourney players in Melee? I wasn't, but I'll hopefully play/practise alot in the summer and go to some. :3

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Your Ness is good so far. =]

Really? O:
I wouldn't have said I'm very good with ZSS. only picked her up once or twice.

Take it you've decided on your Main/secondary Otter

T.Link/Ness?

I'd definitley say Zelda's my best character, but I'm not too sure how I feel about any others =S

Nah, I didn't go to Tournaments. I didn't play Melee all that much to be honest. Not enough of my friends liked Smash enough to really get into, and playing CPU's just got boring xP

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Nah, to be honest my Ness is crap compared with my TLink. I haven't put nearly as much into Ness yet. :3

TLink is easily my best character. :3 So he's definatley my main.

I still haven't decided on my secondary.

Jigglypuff - Can't bloody hit a rest.
Kirby - Hmmmm....
Ike - Nah.
Ness - Could be good with some work.

Yeah, Zelda is easily your best character. But I had alot more difficulty fighting ZSS than Ganon. Don't get me wrong, your Ganon is great and would be awesome with a bit more work. I just reckon your ZSS was pretty **** good to say how little you've played her.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Your Ness isn't as good as your T.Link, but that's to be expected xP
He's still good so far. =]

Lol. Hm. I may think of taking up ZSS along with Ganon as a secondary.
I really want to get good with Peach, but her move set just infuriates me for some reason.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Good games Imi your getting much better everyday O__o...

The Lucario camping thing was kinda getting me angry though but your mario is good and you use shield grabbing near perfectly now =P. I need to get better at spiking with falco Im starting to suicide a bit xO

Oh and Toast I want to fight your secondaries =]

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Kensei, if you get angry everytime someone camps you'll have a heart attack. XD

This is Brawl afterall, you have to find ways around camping otherwise they'll just camp forever.

Edit: Are you on now Ken? Up for a rematch?

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
I know otter I just hate how effective camping is in this game =/ and the only way to find a way around camping is to camp yourself then it turns into a huge camp fest which is not fun at all.

Otter Ill play a bit later maybe 6pm =/ I just started playing one of my xbox games.

Imirik

Smash Rookie
Yeh good games Ken. Its just so tempting to fire all those aura spheres cause they charge up so fast at high % :p

Your falco is just so hard for me to play though, i was getting stressed that I couldnt even touch you somtimes :D

Ill be on later btw if anyone wants some games

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
There's really no effective way to counter some campers.
Other campers are countered easily however. Zelda can easily be countered. Dodge Din's Fire, and her ending lag easily leaves her open to be punished.

Other characters like Toon Link are hard to counter. They can spam as long as they want, and you can either: spot dodge until they stop, roll toward them, or jump towards them.
2/3 of those options will often lure you into their trap however.

Camping doesn't really annoy me, just traps me xP

Lol, Ken. My secondaries aren't very good right now.

Edds

Smash Ace
trying to shield when someone is camping is a bit of a challenege depending on the lagg. ive been hit so many times because of it.

Dougie Grumble

Smash Rookie
I hate to ask, but can anyone explain why my Wii refuses to play Brawl?

I've done both the update that comes with the disc and an update from the Wii Options menu to make it version 3.2E. I load up the Freeloader once or twice and get the same result either way; a black screen, with no interaction at all. It gets read in my playtime as 1 second long length of play, if that helps any.

I've had Brawl for over a month now but this Wii has only been bought today. I've managed to set it up on two of my friend's consoles in the past so I really don't know why it refuses to work on mine, I've done nothing differently :(

Edds

Smash Ace

I've done both the update that comes with the disc and an update from the Wii Options menu to make it version 3.2E. I load up the Freeloader once or twice and get the same result either way; a black screen, with no interaction at all. It gets read in my playtime as 1 second long length of play, if that helps any.

I've had Brawl for over a month now but this Wii has only been bought today. I've managed to set it up on two of my friend's consoles in the past so I really don't know why it refuses to work on mine, I've done nothing differently :(
i get this sometimes whenever i start up brawl. the wii doesnt respond so i have to unplug the transformer (using an american wii) but i dont have a freeloader so i wouldnt know. is your wii standing up or on its side?

edit: sorry otter i take it your doing 1on1. if only brawl had a room limit size.

Imirik

Smash Rookie
Which did you update first? The wii update or the game update?

Casue i think you have to get it 3.2E first then do the game update.

Or ir could be that the wii lens is dirty? Could have been dirty from the manufacturers. Seeing as its new you could just say it doesnt read disks and get a new one.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Well Ken, it seems your Falco is still untouchable and I'm still pulling off silly spike attempts. XD I got a few spikes on Toast yesterday and I've been a bit too cocky with them recently. (Bloody riskiest spike, evar.)

Sorry about that Edds btw. Nothing personal, free for alls are teh sux. If we had another player we could of played teams. =]

Edds

Smash Ace
Well Ken, it seems your Falco is still untouchable and I'm still pulling off silly spike attempts. XD I got a few spikes on Toast yesterday and I've been a bit too cocky with them recently. (Bloody riskiest spike, evar.)

Sorry about that Edds btw. Nothing personal, free for alls are teh sux. If we had another player we could of played teams. =]
no worries didnt think about that actually. well pretty much most of my games with friends has always been free for all. remember when i was gonna do 1on1 with someone and ken came in and i thought. "havnt played against him yet". then the other person left and got my *** handed to me by ken

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman

make sure you put the wii settings at 60Hz

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
lol I played a few free for alls and it seemed as if they were teaming up on me . It doesn't seem fair even without items =P. Team play is much more fun and entertaining because you cant camp and its just full offensive.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Seriously... I've had my Brawl for about a month now. Your game must've got lost or something. You got to contact play-asia about this. (You bought it from them, right?)
I did. They're checking at their local post office now ("please note that this always takes 3 weeks").

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
My games running immensley slowly.
Wifi seems fine, but everything else takes ages to load >.<

Sorry Ken. I was testing out menus and the wifi waiting room when you tried to join.
Just had to dust the game disc.

Sorry about the Ganon game. I was testing my controller to see if that was a problem a few times, and I took the controller out xD
Lol@ battlefield. D:
I hate battlefield. xP

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Tofu... have you got problems or something O__o...

And OK toast I thought you were like drunk or something lol...

Anyways Ill try join your game =O

Ninjack

Smash Cadet
ken i'll join soon if you want me to, i'm just ordering Okami from Play-asia.

Reports say it works fine with the Freeloader.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
LOL Ken
Not quite drunk =P

Good games Otter. Lol@ the Bowser game.
and the Kirby game. LOL.

Lant

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for a few matches? I'm online now, FC is in my profile.

Top Bottom