• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
I had no idea you were from there! Is Star Fox itself at least known? I thought it would be given Argonaut and Rare's involvement with the series. I'm legitly surprised there aren't more Nintendo fans there. The FIFA thing not so much only because I know how big "football" is in Europe.
Well I'm from the UK as well and used to be on a college course specifically for video games believe it or not and I can tell you at least from my experience that practically everyone in the class were PC Elietists that mainly played games like League of Legends, Day Z and pretty much all the triple A titles as well, however they constantly complained about a game if the graphics weren't absolutely perfect and heck, even looked down on me for being what they referred to as a "console peasant". These people were aware of Nintendo, but didn't have any respect for them. I talked a few guys from my course into playing Assault with me and they did actually enjoy it, but it was hardly enough to convert them into Star Fox fans unfortunately.

Funnily enough, there was one guy on my course who, while still a PC gamer, was also a big fan of Adventures, Assault and even Krystal, but I made a point of steering clear from the guy, since he was a total d-bag in my opinion. It was annoying, really. The one Krystal fan I find and I simply didn't like the guy. :/

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Funny thing I found is on polls that let you choose multiple character is that Krystal is a Second/Third choice of a lot of people. That is how Elisa and Beowulf won the Skullgirls polls so maybe if enough people vote twice...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well I'm from the UK as well and used to be on a college course specifically for video games believe it or not and I can tell you at least from my experience that practically everyone in the class were PC Elietists that mainly played games like League of Legends, Day Z and pretty much all the triple A titles as well, however they constantly complained about a game if the graphics weren't absolutely perfect and heck, even looked down on me for being what they referred to as a "console peasant". These people were aware of Nintendo, but didn't have any respect for them. I talked a few guys from my course into playing Assault with me and they did actually enjoy it, but it was hardly enough to convert them into Star Fox fans unfortunately.
Glorious PC Gaming Master Race -insert muscular guy here- ... Filthy console peasants. Yes. I know that meme! Don't feel too bad. It's cool to like what everyone else likes and to bash the individual who doesn't. For the ones who were willing to play something new, well... At least you tried.
Funnily enough, there was one guy on my course who, while still a PC gamer, was also a big fan of Adventures, Assault and even Krystal, but I made a point of steering clear from the guy, since he was a total d-bag in my opinion. It was annoying, really. The one Krystal fan I find and I simply didn't like the guy. :/

Are you serious? :sadeyes:

There's you, Noivern and the second coming of Kefka over there. Seems I was hugely mistaken for suspecting UK was a hotbed for Star Fox fans, let alone Krystal ones.
Funny thing I found is on polls that let you choose multiple character is that Krystal is a Second/Third choice of a lot of people. That is how Elisa and Beowulf won the Skullgirls polls so maybe if enough people vote twice...
That would be too perfect. You could cut the irony with a knife. They think they're prioritizing their favorite by submitting a vote for them first, and with the second, unsuspectingly add to the growing mountain of Krystal votes. Nintendo apparently allows a second vote from a household if the writing style is nothing like the last one on the ballot.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Glorious PC Gaming Master Race -insert muscular guy here- ... Filthy console peasants. Yes. I know that meme! Don't feel too bad. It's cool to like what everyone else likes and to bash the individual who doesn't. For the ones who were willing to play something new, well... At least you tried.

There's you, Noivern and the second coming of Kefka over there. Seems I was hugely mistaken for suspecting UK was a hotbed for Star Fox fans, let alone Krystal ones.

That would be too perfect. You could cut the irony with a knife. They think they're prioritizing their favorite by submitting a vote for them first, and with the second, unsuspectingly add to the growing mountain of Krystal votes. Nintendo apparently allows a second vote from a household if the writing style is nothing like the last one on the ballot.
Wow that's shady and sneaky, I like it

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Wow that's shady and sneaky, I like it
The question that remains to be answered (and might never), is how big a factor ballot volume plays into the selection process. Sakurai is level headed enough to understand that 12 votes for Professor Layton is not indicative of the character's overall popularity.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman

Watamote ftw Yeah, I let the comments go over my head. I mean, I did "try" to venture into their territory and give PC gaming a go, just for the sake of not completely dismissing it, but ultimately it wasn't my thing. I'd rather stick to what I enjoy than be a sheep and follow the crowd. And sorry to crush your hopes and dreams, aha, but for what it's worth, I did actually know more Star Fox fans back at school, but this is going back to 2006-2008ish. This was before PC gaming and CoD really began to catch on, so to my knowledge Nintendo in general was much bigger in the UK back then. It helped that the Wii was just released, too. Man, this is making me reminisce back to the good old days, aha. <.>

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Har har... I wrote differently for both of my votes towards Krystal way back when.

But yeah, that would be a funny scenario. You've got all the different prioritized characters, but then there's Krystal potentially snagging all the secondary votes.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Har har... I wrote differently for both of my votes towards Krystal way back when. But yeah, that would be a funny scenario. You've got all the different prioritized characters, but then there's Krystal potentially snagging all the secondary votes.
My smile would grow three sizes larger that day if all those expectations got turned on their head as a result of a "side" vote they didn't think would amount to anything, and Krystal was the reason why. The funniest part about it is that there are actually people who would believe she qualifies as a curveball. Why? You didn't notice this character had been requested for 7 straight years, that her fanbase has stayed exactly where it is, that she's blatantly popular on an international level and that she has extreme potential for a unique moveset?! None of these things registered?! From my perspective, it's absurd to think she is a longshot.

Last edited:

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
speaking of votes I've wanting to vote again (because I have new proposals and ideas) anyways question can I vote again using ballots from different countries still using the same Ip adress I used to vote the first time?

Also a proposal guys I think we should construct the perfect Vote for Krystal request here so somebody could send it

Flavius

:^)
NNID
TheEdgyOne
The question that remains to be answered (and might never), is how big a factor ballot volume plays into the selection process. Sakurai is level headed enough to understand that 12 votes for Professor Layton is not indicative of the character's overall popularity.
Well I'm sure having a large amount of votes definitely helps your chances but if Sakurai just doesn't see the potential in the character, he's not gonna waste any time working on them.

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm sure having a large amount of votes definitely helps your chances but if Sakurai just doesn't see the potential in the character, he's not gonna waste any time working on them.
And this is why that recent unburied interview is in fact a major development for a her chances, since it's now been confirmed that he DID in fact see the potential.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
And this is why that recent unburied interview is in fact a major development for a her chances, since it's now been confirmed that he DID in fact see the potential.
It kinda burns me up there hasn't been a host that's asked more assertive questions about Krystal, since that was a hot button topic at the moment of Brawl's release.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, other throwaway votes are any other character from the Sonic franchise (Only one rep per 3rd party franchise seems fair and logical)
Any character that is a stage boss or assist trophy (Ridley, Waluigi, Samurai Goroh, Dillion, and Shadow)
Characters that have never appeared on Nintendo consoles (DUH!, And for the last time any FNAF character or Slenderman have ZERO moveset potential)
Characters that didn't originate in a video game(again common sense)
Other Rareware characters (Except Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, K Rool, and Krystal, who are in franchises that are owned by Nintendo, Rare only created them,)
Sora (Disney has said that they don't want their characters in fighting games, and even if they did Nintendo would have to pay HEAVY royalties)
Let this picture show you guys how I feel about people wasting votes on characters with no shot of getting in Smash
View attachment 70976
LOL I'm reminded of the Engineer's Nope meme. XD

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
As well as Bandwagon characters like Shantae or Shovel Knight

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
As well as Bandwagon characters like Shantae or Shovel Knight
I can't speak on those fanbases, although I have played Pirate's Curse and most recently Shovel Knight two weeks ago, so I have some familiarity with the characters they're based around. There's going to be bandwagoning for any character with a decent rumor going for them. It's to be expected, and if Krystal were the beneficiary of a credible one, you can bet we'd see bandwagoners in this very thread. The feeling of success is an alluring one that people like to be around, regardless of their initial investment, or lack thereof, to the character's emergence.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I actually like Shovel Knight since I got to play his game and two of my best friends want Shantae and Shovel Knight in respectfully.
I don't have a real problem with him. What bugs me is that his game is considered a "throwback" to the NES as if it were necessarily by design. The majority of indie studios don't have the resources to develop anything but 2D platformers! What if the art direction was cost effective and they chose to make the best game they could without breaking the bank? That's my guess. And is anyone else noticing a new default font or is it me?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't have a real problem with him. What bugs me is that his game is considered a "throwback" to the NES as if it were necessarily by design. The majority of indie studios don't have the resources to develop anything but 2D platformers! What if the art direction was cost effective and they chose to make the best game they could without breaking the bank? That's my guess. And is anyone else noticing a new default font or is it me?
I think Shovel Knight's thing is it tries to be as NES accurate as possible with a couple of modern features like infinite lives thrown in. Things like limiting their color palette and making sure the music worked on an NES soundboard. They even do the Castlevania BS where the special attack is button and a direction despite there being so many buttons it could be (the only complaint I have about the game really.)

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
Hey guys I'm back and just wanted to remind you guys that next month the smash ballot ends so for this month we have to give our support for Krystal to be in smash all we got so spread the support in any social website like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or do drawings of her on Miiverse or something that will get people to notice her and the support that she has and gather people who would or wants to support her in this thread (and remember no forcing people to vote for her). Try doing this if you guys can for this month and then cross your fingers and hope that Krystal becomes a dlc character. And remember to ignore her haters and don't go too aggressive with them. Best of luck to everyone who support her and on this thread.

Also good game last Friday @Krystal0290 and I like your new profile pic @ TheLegendaryFoxFire TheLegendaryFoxFire tho I'm going to miss your previous one a bit but anyway we can do this guys, Krystal will be playable if we keep making our support strong. #Krystallization

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Krystal will be in Mario Maker. either there's a limit that review copies can be played for or no one scanned their whole amiibo collection in so make sure all the unlocks were new ones.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I'm back and just wanted to remind you guys that next month the smash ballot ends so for this month we have to give our support for Krystal to be in smash all we got so spread the support in any social website like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or do drawings of her on Miiverse or something that will get people to notice her and the support that she has and gather people who would or wants to support her in this thread (and remember no forcing people to vote for her). Try doing this if you guys can for this month and then cross your fingers and hope that Krystal becomes a dlc character. And remember to ignore her haters and don't go too aggressive with them. Best of luck to everyone who support her and on this thread.

Also good game last Friday @Krystal0290 and I like your new profile pic @ TheLegendaryFoxFire TheLegendaryFoxFire tho I'm going to miss your previous one a bit but anyway we can do this guys, Krystal will be playable if we keep making our support strong. #Krystallization
I really only had my other Avatar because I wanted people to see some Good Safe art of Krystal for once. I have this Avatar for all of my accounts that let me have Avatars so I switched back to it now.
Glad you like the old one too!

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !

Yeah Fox support page turned into hell I've barely seen posts supporting Fox its mostly post supporting Wolf and Krystal for DLC which has annoyed some people so if someone is going to do it there beware.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Krystal is owning in the polls, which is good, if she is highly requested, which she probably will, Sakurai will add her, since she's been seriously considered for Smash and was even planned to be a playable fighter in Brawl but was cut due to time

Last edited:

Draxis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xShadowSladexx
@ TheLegendaryFoxFire TheLegendaryFoxFire So that why you put that particular Krystal pic as your avatar, well I still like your new one.
@ XeVioN XeVioN Yeah that is why I don't go there or post there anymore. It literally a war between Krystal fans and Wolf fans, honestly why can't we get along and agree that having both of them would be perfect for dlc.
@ Delzethin Delzethin Heh heh I already went to that poll when I went to the Wolf thread and it seem that Krystal is doing really really well and I'm glad to see that.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Yeah Fox support page turned into hell I've barely seen posts supporting Fox its mostly post supporting Wolf and Krystal for DLC which has annoyed some people so if someone is going to do it there beware.
To be really fair here, every single characters support page has all the same crudely drawn images and the "X sucks" comment towards the character that should be getting support. While Krystal has been involved in everyone elses page once or twice except for Fox, other supporters have done this with whatever series they're from the last I know, and that Miiverse picture contest is where the K Rool supporters went all out as there were more than eight submissions in the popular section pertaining to him being DLC.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
To be really fair here, every single characters support page has all the same crudely drawn images and the "X sucks" comment towards the character that should be getting support. While Krystal has been involved in everyone elses page once or twice except for Fox, other supporters have done this with whatever series they're from the last I know, and that Miiverse picture contest is where the K Rool supporters went all out as there were more than eight submissions in the popular section pertaining to him being DLC.
I'm aware of that go to Diddy kong's comunity you'll see K.rool posts, go to Kirby's you'll see bandana dee posts.

But it's Fox's community where you'll see DLC request post everyday of the week and also peach community.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This just makes things hard though.

I literally have to defend myself on every other site, sometimes even here. Its annoying. Its like people cant see moveset potential.
Krystal fans play this game on hard mode baby! Tsunamis of awful rule 34 tier arguments, haters in bunches, near non-existent bandwagon support, EAD's single-minded love for their own characters... Our own little slice of heaven. It's frustrating sometimes, I'm not gonna lie to you, but if it makes the salt storm that much fiercer and the reveal that much sweeter, then it's worth it. Should the day ever come when the Smash Bros community gets a big surprise, my greatest concern will be if I've remembered to bring my umbrella. When it rains, it pours.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Just taken it. Looks like Krystal is owning pretty damn hard on that poll too. naturally
Already placed my choices there. For the veterans, I picked Wolf and Snake (even though his chances are unlikely because of the issues wi th Konami). As for newcomers, I picked Krystal and King K. Rool.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Like I said, Krystal is a lot of people's second/third choice.

What screwed us out of playable Minette in Skullgirls may help a second non-Japanese created character into Smash. (Rare has that market cornered it seems.)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Krystal fans play this game on hard mode baby! Tsunamis of awful rule 34 tier arguments, haters in bunches, near non-existent bandwagon support, EAD's single-minded love for their own characters... Our own little slice of heaven. It's frustrating sometimes, I'm not gonna lie to you, but if it makes the salt storm that much fiercer and the reveal that much sweeter, then it's worth it. Should the day ever come when the Smash Bros community gets a big surprise, my greatest concern will be if I've remembered to bring my umbrella. When it rains, it pours.
Amen, to that, we have to deal with a perfect storm all over the internet, FYI: Ignore anything on 4chan, that site is an incubator for trolls

Top Bottom