• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !
That was probably fan-made, we know nothing of the ballot results right now
There was a survey made by an official gaming magazine (not just a guy running an online poll) the survey asked 430 japanse gamers who they voted for/would vote for.
the results showed that most people wanted vetarns backafter them the most voted newcomers (on the survey) were K.rool, Krystal, Dixie, Paper Mario, Custom robo.

Krystal0290

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowMario90
I've never so good at those star fox games and racking up the points. If Zero is just all that, then it's less likely that I would get the game.

(Still saving money for the upcoming amiibos.)

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Most of the fans didn't want SF64, they only wanted a game that played LIKE Star Fox 64 and were content keeping the story and cast from Adventures and Assault,
FYI If Nintendo decides to make another Star Fox game, I'd prefer for Miyamoto and EAD to have little involvement, it's for the best.
Which one of these studios would you prefer to develop the next Star Fox game?
SORA
Platinum
Retro
Namco

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Most of the fans didn't want SF64, they only wanted a game that played LIKE Star Fox 64 and were content keeping the story and cast from Adventures and Assault,
FYI If Nintendo decides to make another Star Fox game, I'd prefer for Miyamoto and EAD to have little involvement, it's for the best.
Which one of these studios would you prefer to develop the next Star Fox game?
SORA
Platinum
Retro
Namco
Another tough choice. Ian, I'm having a hard time deciding... Namco by the thinnest of margins for consistency's sake.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
There was a survey made by an official gaming magazine (not just a guy running an online poll) the survey asked 430 japanse gamers who they voted for/would vote for.
the results showed that most people wanted vetarns backafter them the most voted newcomers (on the survey) were K.rool, Krystal, Dixie, Paper Mario, Custom robo.
Really? Is there a link to this anywhere?

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Namco, hands down. I've wanted Star Fox Assault II for so long now. I'm sure they can come up with even more awesome stuff now. Melee combat system, enhanced multiplayer, better controls, same great voice acting and story, and more.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Technically we can eliminate Retro, since they are probably developing a new Metroid
Do you agree with what I mentioned before I asked that
Yes, I completely agree with what you said. That veterans wanted gameplay that handled like 64, but wasn't a 64 rehash. It matches up with the opinions from the disappointed players I've seen around the internet. The 64 veterans also don't like the way they're handling Zoness. They think a slow moving stealth section in an arcade rails shooter is bonkers and has no place in Star Fox. I have a mixed opinion about that myself. Experimenting is good, but what I've seen hasn't exactly thrilled me.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yes, I completely agree with what you said. That veterans wanted gameplay that handled like 64, but wasn't a 64 rehash. It matches up with the opinions from the disappointed players I've seen around the internet. The 64 veterans also don't like the way they're handling Zoness. They think a slow moving stealth section in an arcade rails shooter is bonkers and has no place in Star Fox. I have a mixed opinion about that myself. Experimenting is good, but what I've seen hasn't exactly thrilled me.
This isn't Metal Gear Solid we are talking about, although a stealth mission would be good in an Assault style game

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
Technically we can eliminate Retro, since they are probably developing a new Metroid
Do you agree with what I mentioned before I asked that
I wouldn't say Retro is totally out of the question. We can't possibly say when we'll get another Star Fox after Zero, hopefully sooner rather than later, but for all we know Retro could be done with the next Metroid at that point. Still I'd rather have Namco handle it with Retro being a close second.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say Retro is totally out of the question. We can't possibly say when we'll get another Star Fox after Zero, hopefully sooner rather than later, but for all we know Retro could be done with the next Metroid at that point. Still I'd rather have Namco handle it with Retro being a close second.
Though all are good candidates, but did I make a good point about most people not wanting a SF64 rehash and Miyamoto needing to be put in an advisory role for Star Fox: NX

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Miyamoto is a legendary ideas guy, but he would be better served sitting on the sidelines for this next one handing out guidance where requested. Let the younger generation see what they can do with this franchise, even if it entails drawing it away from some of that Thunderbirds inspiration. Kamiya, an awesome, awesome director took an advisory role with Bayonetta 2. He trusted Yusuke Hashimoto and it came out wonderfully. Like, game of the year quality. There's no need for Miyamoto to feel like he has to bear the burden of returning Star Fox to the upper echelon of Nintendo franchises by himself with the number of talented studios around him to help.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Miyamoto is a legendary ideas guy, but he would be better served sitting on the sidelines for this next one handing out guidance where requested. Let the younger generation see what they can do with this franchise, even if it entails drawing it away from some of that Thunderbirds inspiration. Kamiya, an awesome, awesome director took an advisory role with Bayonetta 2. He trusted Yusuke Hashimoto and it came out wonderfully. Like, game of the year quality. There's no need for Miyamoto to feel like he has to bear the burden of returning Star Fox to the upper echelon of Nintendo franchises by himself with the number of talented studios around him to help.
Yeah, I feel like it'd definitely help him if he let some other figures he trusted shoulder more of the burden. I kind of wonder if all the responsibilities he's put on himself have been affecting some of the questionable creative decisions he's made (i.e. Sticker Star).

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yeah, I feel like it'd definitely help him if he let some other figures he trusted shoulder more of the burden. I kind of wonder if all the responsibilities he's put on himself have been affecting some of the questionable creative decisions he's made (i.e. Sticker Star).
Especially with Platinum's talent for developing games being wasted since EAD did most of the creative work

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
The guy definitely hasn't aged well.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
The guy definitely hasn't aged well.
I'd rather not denigrate Miyamoto any further than I already have. He loves this series as much as any of us. Even the best minds have their creative slumps and if Zero is shown to be underwhelming overall, then we can conclude Miyamoto needs a second opinion. Preferably from a developer who isn't afraid to say no to someone of his standing. I've pledged to hold out on a review until I've played the game. It's much too early for me to say it's a disaster until I've had the opportunity to dig in and see what it has to offer. Granted, I'm not liking what I'm hearing. The multiplayer thing is whatever, but I don't understand why they had to remove a staple item like the nova bombs or why they feel they had to make an already intuitive game so much more accessible for the casual goers. Krystal's absence is a subjective blow to the game's quality. It's the other things that are wholly valid.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Sounds an awful lot like the PushedDustIn survey. He's part of a small online gaming news blog called Source Gaming, but I guess you could call that an "official magazine". He's certainly done a lot of work in data gathering by digging deep into various Japanese Smash communities. It's still just a survey however. It is unique though in that in gives us at least an idea about Japanese support in the ballot.

Btw, here's a little update to the Japanese support data as gathered by Source Gaming...
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/22/japantopdlcpart1/
They're still working on gathering all the data since their last survey, so this is just preliminary comments about each popular character's standing so far. They only talk about the clearly popular choices so it's good that Krystal even gets a mention still, but there's no indication of the numbers exactly. In their own words, Krystal "still has pretty good support overall", which is something they mention after leading with the fact that she has Wolf to deal with basically. Other characters get "decent support", "sizable support", "respectable support", "very strong support, "quite a bit of support", etc. I'll let you decide how to scale these levels of "support", heh. I think "very strong" and "quite a bit" beat out "pretty good" most likely. "Sizable" might too. Really though, it kind of sounds like a bunch of different ways to say the same thing... "these characters are popular still". Will be interesting to see their updated numbers in any case.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sounds an awful lot like the PushedDustIn survey. He's part of a small online gaming news blog called Source Gaming, but I guess you could call that an "official magazine". He's certainly done a lot of work in data gathering by digging deep into various Japanese Smash communities. It's still just a survey however. It is unique though in that in gives us at least an idea about Japanese support in the ballot.

Btw, here's a little update to the Japanese support data as gathered by Source Gaming...
They're still working on gathering all the data since their last survey, so this is just preliminary comments about each popular character's standing so far. They only talk about the clearly popular choices so it's good that Krystal even gets a mention still, but there's no indication of the numbers exactly. In their own words, Krystal "still has pretty good support overall", which is something they mention after leading with the fact that she has Wolf to deal with basically. Other characters get "decent support", "sizable support", "respectable support", "very strong support, "quite a bit of support", etc. I'll let you decide how to scale these levels of "support", heh. I think "very strong" and "quite a bit" beat out "pretty good" most likely. "Sizable" might too. Really though, it kind of sounds like a bunch of different ways to say the same thing... "these characters are popular still". Will be interesting to see their updated numbers in any case.
Yay for vagueness.

XeVioN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XeVioN !

Magnemite... are they serious!? Probably a joke vote but accoriding to whoever wrote this he seems to be the second most voted pokemon character just how LOL.
I'm starting to think there won't be a new pokemon character since there a way too many suggestions nobody can agree on a definitive overall choice.

I'll let you decide how to scale these levels of "support"
Hmm the article said that both robo and issac had a respetable amount of support but not overwhelming then it say they are probably around the top 20, saying Krystal has "pretty good support overall" makes me think she at top 10 or almost at.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
And this is exactly why I'll still be buying Zero and enjoy it for what it is. Sure, it's not the "dream" Star Fox game I was hoping for, but my love for the series is unchanged and I want to support it all the way. I'm hoping that everyone else who's disappointed with it being a 64 reimagine will buy it as well, because we need to show Nintendo how much love for Star Fox there still is. There's no point sulking and thinking "nope, not buying this, this game sucks, Star Fox is dead" because that mindset isn't helping anyone and these people who think Zero is doomed from the start might be surprised to find that it's a much better game that they're giving it credit for.

Let's look at it from this perspective, let's say a band or musician write an album and it ends up going number 1 and getting a lot of sales. Said musician will then obviously have a lot more fans, a lot more recognition and ultimately be much more popular. Now haven't you noticed that nine times out of ten, once a musician hits a certain degree of fame, they decide to branch out and do something entirely out of there comfort zone with their music? That's because now that they've gained the amount of popularity and trust of their audience needed, they can afford to do something different and totally out there, because if it did end up flopping, then now it wouldn't hit nearly as hard and then that musicians career wouldn't be over forever. I better get to the point, I think the same logic can be applied to Nintendo, if Zero sells well enough, gets decent enough reviews and is ultimately considered a success, then not only would the next game in the series be guaranteed (hopefully sooner rather than later, too) but they can give Star Fox another chance to venture out of its comfort zone and create something truly unique without worrying that it'll be a total failure and the final nail in the coffin. I know this is something they already did with SF64 to Adventures, but if anything that further proves my point. 64 was immensely popular, so they could take the risk with Adventures, I can definitely see the same happening again. I'm not saying it needs to do as well as 64, because In the Wii U's current state that'd be impossible, but just well enough to get Star Fox back into the show light again.

In a nutshell, DONT BE A BUTTHURT FAN AND BUY ZERO GOSH DARN IT, GOOD THINGS WILL HAPPEN, TRUST ME.
I am in complete agreement with you. Do you have any idea how long I have been waiting for a new Starfox game? It's finally happening and I can't wait to get it. And if anyone doesn't want to get this game, then they shouldn't play it. More power to us fans. But to have people complain about something like graphics and ignore everything else to what the game offers can be ridiculous. Besides, remember to what they said about Zero ' s gyro controls can be turned off? You can do that and you're not forced to play with those controls. Having more than one control option in games like this is always a good thing. And regarding about Zero does in sales, I think it'll do fine as a game itself. I mean come on, it's Starfox and fans have been wanting a new game in the series for a long time now and we're finally getting one.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I am in complete agreement with you. Do you have any idea how long I have been waiting for a new Starfox game? It's finally happening and I can't wait to get it. And if anyone doesn't want to get this game, then they shouldn't play it. More power to us fans. But to have people complain about something like graphics and ignore everything else to what the game offers can be ridiculous. Besides, remember to what they said about Zero ' s gyro controls can be turned off? You can do that and you're not forced to play with those controls. Having more than one control option in games like this is always a good thing. And regarding about Zero does in sales, I think it'll do fine as a game itself. I mean come on, it's Starfox and fans have been wanting a new game in the series for a long time now and we're finally getting one.

And apparently that means we can't find fault with it?

thief_of_demons

Smash Journeyman
And apparently that means we can't find fault with it?
There's no denying that from what we've seen so far the game does seem to have its faults, but no game is absolutely perfect. Having a few downsides isn't going to automatically equal a terrible game and it's way too early to tell how it's going to pan out. I'm personally not going form a solid opinion on Zero until I've played it myself. It's perfectly fine to express your worries about the game, I just personally wouldn't dismiss it completely until it's actually been released and we know for sure what we're getting.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I searched for when part 2 of that survery would come out, but it looks like PushDustin hasn't set a definite timetable for when to expect it. In any case, Krystal has a stronger presence in Japan than I realized! I'm dying to see the hard numbers.:smirk:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I searched for when part 2 of that survery would come out, but it looks like PushDustin hasn't set a definite timetable for when to expect it. In any case, Krystal has a stronger presence in Japan than I realized! I'm dying to see the hard numbers.:smirk:
Not counting throwaway votes (Banjo, Geno, Ashley), Krystal is in the top 10, damn gurl, get it

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Not counting throwaway votes (Banjo, Geno, Ashley), Krystal is in the top 10, damn gurl, get it
Yeah, other throwaway votes are any other character from the Sonic franchise (Only one rep per 3rd party franchise seems fair and logical)
Any character that is a stage boss or assist trophy (Ridley, Waluigi, Samurai Goroh, Dillion, and Shadow)
Characters that have never appeared on Nintendo consoles (DUH!, And for the last time any FNAF character or Slenderman have ZERO moveset potential)
Characters that didn't originate in a video game(again common sense)
Other Rareware characters (Except Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, K Rool, and Krystal, who are in franchises that are owned by Nintendo, Rare only created them,)
Sora (Disney has said that they don't want their characters in fighting games, and even if they did Nintendo would have to pay HEAVY royalties)
Let this picture show you guys how I feel about people wasting votes on characters with no shot of getting in Smash
tumblr_n6tkif0qqK1scwnx8o1_500.png

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Other Rareware characters (Except Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, K Rool, and Krystal, who are in franchises that are owned by Nintendo, Rare only created them,)
Do you think Krystal is popular in the UK, where Rare is based?
Let this picture show you guys how I feel about people wasting votes on characters with no shot of getting in Smash
View attachment 70976
Heeeey, that's how the Smashified requests go: "Can you do Sceptile, Midna, Cooking Mama, Blaziken, Spongebob..." Yes, I'm sure they've considered each and every one of your 15 requests. Lol.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Do you think Krystal is popular in the UK, where Rare is based?

Heeeey, that's how the Smashified requests go: "Can you do Sceptile, Midna, Cooking Mama, Blaziken, Spongebob..." Yes, I'm sure they've considered each and every one of your 15 requests. Lol.
Nintendo isn't really popular here in general tbh, most people play CoD and/or Fifa

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Nintendo isn't really popular here in general tbh, most people play CoD and/or Fifa
I had no idea you were from there! Is Star Fox itself at least known? I thought it would be given Argonaut and Rare's involvement with the series. I'm legitly surprised there aren't more Nintendo fans there. The FIFA thing not so much only because I know how big "football" is in Europe.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Hey, that's like America! Just replace Fifa with any or all of these following choices.
NBA, Madden, NHL, MLB, basically anything EA Sports makes.
I'm not from the UK, but I can tell you nearly every single CoD video is always from a UK guy. In any case there's word going around about the Ballot having an update tomorrow or the 1st, I think it's nothing really but who knows.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Hey, that's like America! Just replace Fifa with any or all of these following choices.
NBA, Madden, NHL, MLB, basically anything EA Sports makes.
Trust me, it's worse here. I know one guy that plays pokemon but the rest are all those 2, I'm not even exaggerating, straight british boys man, they might as well be demons

I had no idea you were from there! Is Star Fox itself at least known? I thought it would be given Argonaut and Rare's involvement with the series. I'm legitly surprised there aren't more Nintendo fans there. The FIFA thing not so much only because I know how big "football" is in Europe.
I never really hear it mentioned but then again star fox has been dead for almost 10 years, plus what I said before, Nintendo just isn't big here, no joke, just yesterday my brother (who is 2 years older than me I might add) thought that Samus was a guy...despite playing Smash 4 with me where Zero Suit is a thing. But that's just one example of how bad people's taste in games is here.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I'm not from the UK, but I can tell you nearly every single CoD video is always from a UK guy. In any case there's word going around about the Ballot having an update tomorrow or the 1st, I think it's nothing really but who knows.
The Fighter Ballot Website was updated today apparently as well. Not sure what changed but something happened.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Of all the times for a leak, it's funny one's coming out literally a whole month before the deadline. The newest one has to do with boss mode (sorry, no Krystal) and the pictures look good. Heck, if I wasn't exposed to so many leaks already, I would have believed it outright. Maybe the theoretical update has to do with that.

Top Bottom