• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I've always been incredibly confused by that post. It assumes that everyone who hates Krystal is a gay furry (not trying to be offensive here). I could easily dislike Krystal as a character without being a furry.
It isnt like there are some people who dont like her that arent, but it's still pretty low, and a good portion have been revealed as that, and the fact some love Panther kinda doesnt help as in my opinion, he's much worse as he came out of nowhere with no particular backstory (though really everyone but Krystal and Peppy doesnt have one), and has a more annoying personality that really gets out of hand in Command with his narcissism as much as that game isnt canon anyway.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
really dont feel like reading 246pages lol so sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I seriously hope Krystal gets added. That being said im a little worried about her moveset.
Falco is a Fox clone for the most part because hes the sidekick guy in a sense. Considering he has access to the exact technology and history Fox does, it makes sense hes going to fight very similar. But why was Wolf a clone? (Yes i know he played differently i preferred him, but hes still a moveset mimic with stat tweaks in the end). Wolf didnt have the same technology and had arguably more history/experience than Fox did, yet fights pretty much the same.
Im seriously afraid if Krystal gets added that Nintendo will base her off of Assault and not Adventure. If it goes off of Assault you know damn well shes going to be a damn Fox clone again with the obvious Gatling Gun instead of Blaster being the major difference.

Tbh, much as i want her in the game, if they do that to her i'd rather she stay out. We got enough clones.
And yes shes who i voted for. With the staff in my comments too.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
really dont feel like reading 246pages lol so sorry if this has been mentioned before.

I seriously hope Krystal gets added. That being said im a little worried about her moveset.
Falco is a Fox clone for the most part because hes the sidekick guy in a sense. Considering he has access to the exact technology and history Fox does, it makes sense hes going to fight very similar. But why was Wolf a clone? (Yes i know he played differently i preferred him, but hes still a moveset mimic with stat tweaks in the end). Wolf didnt have the same technology and had arguably more history/experience than Fox did, yet fights pretty much the same.
Im seriously afraid if Krystal gets added that Nintendo will base her off of Assault and not Adventure. If it goes off of Assault you know damn well shes going to be a damn Fox clone again with the obvious Gatling Gun instead of Blaster being the major difference.

Tbh, much as i want her in the game, if they do that to her i'd rather she stay out. We got enough clones.
Moveset mimic. The only thing that is clonely with him is his back air, specials, and FS. He's a semiclone.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

And yes shes who i voted for. With the staff in my comments too.
Fortunately, it looks like we won't have to worry too much about that. The dev team has shown a focus on unique newcomers this time around, and it'll probably stay that way for any Smash Ballot characters. Considering how many of the people voting for Krystal focus on how unique she could be, it could really help us out. Even basing much of her moveset on an older game might not be a problem, considering we've seen fragments of movesets be based on older games before (like how Robin's Arcfire actually uses a animation from the GBA Fire Emblem games), and considering new face Ryu is a giant love letter to a game that's over 20 years old.

iMACobra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
iMACobra
3DS FC
2638-0959-8965
Switch FC
SW 5478 1069 7302
But why was Wolf a clone? (Yes i know he played differently i preferred him, but hes still a moveset mimic with stat tweaks in the end). Wolf didnt have the same technology and had arguably more history/experience than Fox did, yet fights pretty much the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z3cT8B5fn8

Tell me how many moves look the same.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Just something I remembered from my childhood. People say Assault didn't have a lot of re-play power behind it. I remember being a kid when I had my GameCube and I played the crap out of Assault. Over and over again. And the local Multiplayer was so much fun with my Nephew and best friends at the time.

So I don't understand what people meant by no re-play power. I guess being a kid had something to do with it. But man I played Assault a lot more then I thought I did.

Mental Surge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GisR FTG
3DS FC
4098-5877-7114
It would suck if she were a clone, but I would be happy to see her in the game regardless.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I was going to say something when I saw it come up in the K. Rool thread but honestly...Wolf as a Mii? Preposterous. Even after the whole K. Rool fiasco. I don't think it's legitimate and decided against bringing it up to not spread false rumors and "leaks".

If it's true this website will implode.

Don't put stock into it. They will reveal more mii costumes tonight/tomorrow. Just hope and pray it isn't your character.
Hey. I remember reading your things from the K Rool support page. Did you manage to get any sleep after what happened early today?

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Just something I remembered from my childhood. People say Assault didn't have a lot of re-play power behind it. I remember being a kid when I had my GameCube and I played the crap out of Assault. Over and over again. And the local Multiplayer was so much fun with my Nephew and best friends at the time.

So I don't understand what people meant by no re-play power. I guess being a kid had something to do with it. But man I played Assault a lot more then I thought I did.
Yeah, believe it or not some people complained about Assault even though it was about as basic as 64 was, it just had more on foot is all. Oddly enough Kid Icarus Uprising did the very same thing that it was actually confirmed by Sakurai himself that it was almost a Star Fox game. I'm just saying the small minority like the genwunners complained about Assault even though it played the same way. Remember, this was when the genre for not just Star Fox, but all games within the genre was practically dead at this point, it made sort of a come back on the wii, but it died off again soon after, this time being completely dead.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Fortunately, it looks like we won't have to worry too much about that. The dev team has shown a focus on unique newcomers this time around, and it'll probably stay that way for any Smash Ballot characters. Considering how many of the people voting for Krystal focus on how unique she could be, it could really help us out. Even basing much of her moveset on an older game might not be a problem, considering we've seen fragments of movesets be based on older games before (like how Robin's Arcfire actually uses a animation from the GBA Fire Emblem games), and considering new face Ryu is a giant love letter to a game that's over 20 years old.
You're right. After all, what's good at least on this is that Smash 4 does acknowledge Adventures and Assault to a good extent and this could work in our favor for Krystal to be a unique fighter with her staff. Ryu was a good example how unique he completely was basing off on his moveset up to the Street Fighter IV era. Even Mega Man is another good example of not just being a 3rd-party character from Capcom, but having a different moveset from any other fighter out there. The only exception from the newcomers there is Lucina and Dark Pit who has the same exact moveset as Marth and Pit which is unfortunate. But I'm not going to complain about it. Who knows? For Krystal we can see some fragments of her moveset based off on Adventures and Assault put together and I'm fine with it. Well, let's see what the rest of the info will be posted out later today regarding about the massive update that we're getting tommorrow.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Two more costumes revealed just now, and neither of them were mentioned in that would-be leak. I think we can rest easy for sure now.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Periods of uncertainty and mounting tensions like these are what trolls dream of. I'm surprised anyone gives credence to leakers without so much as a single confirmed rumor to their name.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
None of the previous mentioned "leaked" costumes came up. I find it hard to believe the Dr. Mario one is real either.

Wold and Krystal fans can rest easy...although Lloyd Irving has been confirmed as a mii swordfighter.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
None of the previous mentioned "leaked" costumes came up. I find it hard to believe the Dr. Mario one is real either.

Wold and Krystal fans can rest easy...although Lloyd Irving has been confirmed as a mii swordfighter.
Well. Its a good thing I gave into sleep last night and didn't stay up all night for that information. Still feel bad for the Lloyd Irving supports still. :/

Also, do you have a link or anything from where you hear about Wolf, Bomberman, Krystal, etc getting made as Mii Outfits by any chance?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
I still do think that the mii costumes don't necessarily "deconfirm" any of the characters, because remember that the ballot is still going and they probably haven't even decided who they'll add to the game from it yet. But if there's going to be a wolf costume for miis, then I will lose all hope and think that they truly do "deconfirm" characters.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Am I the only one who thinks that the fighter ballot isn't for the most votes to be the ballot winner? I just rewatched the video from the Direct back in April and they said that they will take each request into consideration. Never once did they said that it is for the most votes in that video. I guess votes don't really matter at this point.

Last edited:

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who thinks that the fighter ballot isn't for the most votes to be the ballot winner? I just rewatched the video from the Direct back in April and they said that they will take each request into consideration. Never once did they said that it is for the most votes in that video. I guess votes don't really matter at this point.
No, you're not, the numbers never mattered, they don't even have a way to stop the same people for voting a dozen times.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
I think the ballots are IP locked so you'd have to be in different places to vote multiple times. Could be wrong though.
Also of course the ballot isnt final, otherwise Nintendo would be forced to find some way to get Goku in here lol. Or some other dumb character that doesnt deserve to be in the game but is mainstream enough to make people want him/her.

I dont believe the Mii costumes de-confirm characters. We already have numerous costumes available of already in the game characters. The only one i dont see getting in the game that was turned into a mii costume is Megaman X purely because how would they make him different from Megaman (as in, truely different not a stat tweak) unless they had him use Zero's sword? And i do see Zero as a possible contender.

Even if they reveal a Krystal costume, i wont care i'll still hope she gets in. Plus i think it would look weird on a Mii lol.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Also of course the ballot isnt final, otherwise Nintendo would be forced to find some way to get Goku in here lol. Or some other dumb character that doesnt deserve to be in the game but is mainstream enough to make people want him/her.
Um, my Goku thread will disagree with you. Goku is very deserving and he's first party. Now if your talking about Son Goku from like DBZ yeah he's stupid.

Jokes!
But seriously Nintendo has their own Goku

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
As I have said before votes for Son Goku, any other non video game character, or any video game character that hasn't appeared on a Nintendo platfom won't count, and will likely be tossed out, not that Goku wouldn't have an awesome moveset

Last edited:

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
So with the Miiverse update, how do you think we'll get more attention? You got the text only section, the drawing section, and the screenshot section. The support pages are still there, but..

Some also say the popular post section's gone too, but i've only noticed it on I believe just those three main categories, they're still around in the support section.

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
You're right. After all, what's good at least on this is that Smash 4 does acknowledge Adventures and Assault to a good extent and this could work in our favor for Krystal to be a unique fighter with her staff. Ryu was a good example how unique he completely was basing off on his moveset up to the Street Fighter IV era. Even Mega Man is another good example of not just being a 3rd-party character from Capcom, but having a different moveset from any other fighter out there. The only exception from the newcomers there is Lucina and Dark Pit who has the same exact moveset as Marth and Pit which is unfortunate. But I'm not going to complain about it. Who knows? For Krystal we can see some fragments of her moveset based off on Adventures and Assault put together and I'm fine with it. Well, let's see what the rest of the info will be posted out later today regarding about the massive update that we're getting tommorrow.

Not to mention the fact that Little Mac uses his KO punch and meter from Super Punch-Out (both haven't been seen since that game) instead of his Star Punch (which not only is from a recent game, but is his trademark attack) in this game.

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
I only voted once too, i rather vote once with a detailed explanation to why i want her as a playable character, than flood them with dozens of votes with weak reasons.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I've thought all along it was less about who "won" and more of a way to nominate characters. Once the polls close, they'll probably look over everyone, giving more priority to characters with higher levels of support, and then go through the process they used to decide on the initial newcomers.

Fortunately, as I've mentioned before, I think that helps us. Uniqueness and moveset potential are big deals for them, based on what they've said, and Krystal fits right into that.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
I know it's gamefaqs, but to follow up on the thread that was linked yesterday, this is the result on her. I dont know if there's combined amounts, but as ridiculous as it may come off, everything combined above the bad mark outdoes the three put together.

Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 5.26.30 PM.png

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I know it's gamefaqs, but to follow up on the thread that was linked yesterday, this is the result on her. I dont know if there's combined amounts, but as ridiculous as it may come off, everything combined above the bad mark outdoes the three put together.

View attachment 64958
A better result than I would have expected from that community.

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
Well. The update went live just a bit ago and it looks huge! Not much is known right now. Just got to wait for the Miners to do their thing now.

Dark_Pit

Smash Cadet
They are downloading the files as we type.

The main thing is most of it is balancing nearly all the roster got some tweaks, they do not know whether there are unrevelaed characters still a ? on that.

Last edited:

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Hmm..if there is going to be a patch for this next update on the roster, I wonder who is going to get the nerfs and buffs from the roster. As for them data mining, let's hope that we get something good out of it that we don't know yet.

Zteven

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zteven
3DS FC
5172-1365-2942
Well, good thing we didn't see Krystal as a Mii costume even though it doesn't really hurt her chance to be a playable fighter. As for now, we can stay calm and hopefully by the end of October 3rd, we'll see if becomes the winner of the fighter ballot. (Even though Sakurai is taking each request as considerations)

Top Bottom