• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pretty in pink or true in blue, Krystal for Sm4sh!

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
Well, good thing we didn't see Krystal as a Mii costume even though it doesn't really hurt her chance to be a playable fighter. As for now, we can stay calm and hopefully by the end of October 3rd, we'll see if becomes the winner of the fighter ballot. (Even though Sakurai is taking each request as considerations)
I highly doubt we ever hear the results of the ballot. It could give the wrong impression if nintendo came and said "these were the most voted characters", because then lot of people (who necessarily don't understand the point of the ballot, that we are only suggesting characters rather than votin them) would start wondering why all the top voted characters aren't made as dlc. It's just easier to keep it to themselves, rather than start giving people the wrong impression.

Wolfheart07

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dragonheart07
Going a bit off topic here from what I have heard, it appears that the latest patch for Smash 4(ver. 1.1.0) happens to buff my main boy Fox in something. For his jabs, his first and second hits on his jabs in its knockbase/growth have increased and the 3rd part that comes out after it which is his kicks has a new hitbox in the 3rd frame so hopefully the opponent will be trapped for a bit in the attack. Another buff there is his reflector has been increased and its hitbox duration is now 2 frames and hitbox size has gone up from 4 to 6. So now his reflector can do some knockback now which is good. I may not be able to do the jab lock anymore. But some of these buffs will be useful for him.

As for Krystal, it's fortunate for us now that we have not seen our favorite girl Krystal as a Mii Fighter costume. So this still works in our favor. Hopefully she will be considered as an actual character for DLC. As for Wolf, still nothing on him yet and it would stupid and unwise on Sakurai's part to make Wolf as a Mii Fighter costume which I doubt that would be the case. Besides, he was already a fighter as we all know from Brawl with an established moveset for him and porting him over from Brawl into Smash 4 with his data wouldn't be difficult and wouldn't take too long. But I also think that Sakurai may be holding off for now on Wolf because of the release of Starfox Zero(in which he has been confirmed to be in it and the game is coming out on the Holiday 2015 season) and use it as a tie-in for the game. What would be cool if along with him, we could get a Starfox theme DLC pack for Smash 4 which could have Wolf, Krystal and a DLC stage for it which is Sector Z(Smash 64). What do you guys think on this?

Also, how's the datamining coming along from the latest versionn(1.1.0) for Smash 4? Anything new there that we have yet to see in the future? Just curious.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Going a bit off topic here from what I have heard, it appears that the latest patch for Smash 4(ver. 1.1.0) happens to buff my main boy Fox in something. For his jabs, his first and second hits on his jabs in its knockbase/growth have increased and the 3rd part that comes out after it which is his kicks has a new hitbox in the 3rd frame so hopefully the opponent will be trapped for a bit in the attack. Another buff there is his reflector has been increased and its hitbox duration is now 2 frames and hitbox size has gone up from 4 to 6. So now his reflector can do some knockback now which is good. I may not be able to do the jab lock anymore. But some of these buffs will be useful for him.

As for Krystal, it's fortunate for us now that we have not seen our favorite girl Krystal as a Mii Fighter costume. So this still works in our favor. Hopefully she will be considered as an actual character for DLC. As for Wolf, still nothing on him yet and it would stupid and unwise on Sakurai's part to make Wolf as a Mii Fighter costume which I doubt that would be the case. Besides, he was already a fighter as we all know from Brawl with an established moveset for him and porting him over from Brawl into Smash 4 with his data wouldn't be difficult and wouldn't take too long. But I also think that Sakurai may be holding off for now on Wolf because of the release of Starfox Zero(in which he has been confirmed to be in it and the game is coming out on the Holiday 2015 season) and use it as a tie-in for the game. What would be cool if along with him, we could get a Starfox theme DLC pack for Smash 4 which could have Wolf, Krystal and a DLC stage for it which is Sector Z(Smash 64). What do you guys think on this?

Also, how's the datamining coming along from the latest versionn(1.1.0) for Smash 4? Anything new there that we have yet to see in the future? Just curious.

That would work, or we could get a Krazoa Palace from Star Fox Adventures, if we do get an SF64 stage, please don't include a mandatory team chat, because Fox's voice is awful, Slippy's is awful, Falco really has the only voice that is tolerable in Smash this time around

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I've seen quite a few new user names in GameFaqs that support Krystal and have her as their top pick as of lately which is awesome! I wasn't expecting anymore people to be supportive of her over there.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Yes. Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone. Maybe they actually do miss her. Hue hue.
I heard people are starting to show their appreciation to her and Assault more over 64 because of this, they wanted a sequel that hopefully could've ignored or retconned Command so neither of the stupidity that came from it occurred and made it brief, but instead we're getting a second cash in attempt on what barely remains of an audience. Obviously no one likes Command, not even Smash acknowledges it.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Yes. Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone. Maybe they actually do miss her. Hue hue.
Looks like we achieved one of our minor goals, for people to finally appreciate Krystal as a character, we can have a minor celebration about it, but let's not get carried away from our main goal and we all know what that is.
(though for the record, Miyamoto's stupidity really inadvertently helped us)

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
I heard people are starting to show their appreciation to her and Assault more over 64 because of this, they wanted a sequel that hopefully could've ignored or retconned Command so neither of the stupidity that came from it occurred and made it brief, but instead we're getting a second cash in attempt on what barely remains of an audience. Obviously no one likes Command, not even Smash acknowledges it.
Honestly, I think Command is an okay game, though I don't like the fact that Krystal cheats on Fox with Panther (that takes her trying to get back at Fox a bit too far).

Also, glad to see more people realizing that it was Stegosaur Miyamoto who ruined Starfox, and that Nintendo ain't a good company.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Looks like we achieved one of our minor goals, for people to finally appreciate Krystal as a character, we can have a minor celebration about it, but let's not get carried away from our main goal and we all know what that is.
(though for the record, Miyamoto's stupidity really inadvertently helped us)
Poor Miyamoto doesn't know what to do with this series. Oh well! At least we have this game to tide us over until the next one, which will ideally be a true blue sequel and not another re-imagining or whatever they'd like to call this.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Honestly, I think Command is an okay game, though I don't like the fact that Krystal cheats on Fox with Panther (that takes her trying to get back at Fox a bit too far).

Also, glad to see more people realizing that it was Stegosaur Miyamoto who ruined Starfox, and that Nintendo ain't a good company.
Well Nintendo ain't as bad of a company as EA, that's for sure
Poor Miyamoto doesn't know what to do with this series. Oh well! At least we have this game to tide us over until the next one, which will ideally be a true blue sequel and not another re-imagining or whatever they'd like to call this.
No, Event Horizon will be the Star Fox title that will hold me over, I want nothing to do with Star Fox 64 HD, which is all Zero is, a overglorified HD remake of SF64, with a few new bells and whistles
If Miyamoto doesn't know what to do with the series, then he needs to let it go, Retro wouldn't be a bad choice, based on their record with other classic Nintendo franchises (The Metroid Prime Trilogy and DKCR)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Unless it triggers a series of re-imaginings in which Zero is held as the new all encompassing canon. Not unlike Sonic Boom.
Exactly what I'm afraid of!

No, Event Horizon will be the Star Fox title that will hold me over, I want nothing to do with Star Fox 64 HD, which is all Zero is, a overglorified HD remake of SF64, with a few new bells and whistles
Horizon may not be the most polished game, but you have to give credit where it's due. It's tapping into Star Fox's incredible potential and with a cast and lore that ALREADY EXIST. I'll try it when it comes out.

If Miyamoto doesn't know what to do with the series, then he needs to let it go, Retro wouldn't be a bad choice, based on their record with other classic Nintendo franchises (The Metroid Prime Trilogy and DKCR)
Retro wouldn't be a poor choice, and neither would Platinum really if they were allowed to direct the game. To be honest with you, I thought Namco also did a good job. Those arwing redesigns blew me away and the core gameplay wasn't bad at all.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Oh yes it is. They're, in fact, the most corrupt game company in history. Does any other game company fix prices or remotely delete games? Here's some proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WABZJVAbN_I
At least Nintendo tries to make decent games, EA is more then content releasing sub-par titles, just so they can make money, Madden NFL 15 was full of the same bugs that have plagued Madden for years, and NBA Live 14 and 15?, Terrible

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Unless it triggers a series of re-imaginings in which Zero is held as the new all encompassing canon. Not unlike Sonic Boom.
Zero's pretty much this as others have mentioned, it's not the first time we've seen re-imaginings in a series. I wouldnt be surprised if they eventually did this with the first Zelda or Adventure of Link.

Metroid-zero-mission-cover-artwork-gba.jpg

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
At least Nintendo tries to make decent games, EA is more then content releasing sub-par titles, just so they can make money, Madden NFL 15 was full of the same bugs that have plagued Madden for years, and NBA Live 14 and 15?, Terrible
Hmmm, true, but still, Nintendo rehashes Mayro and Zorldo stuff like how Activision rehashes Call of Duty. They even do it worse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCT162H1x3c

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Zero's pretty much this as others have mentioned, it's not the first time we've seen re-imaginings in a series. I wouldnt be surprised if they eventually did this with the first Zelda or Adventure of Link.

View attachment 65200
I've heard that Zero Mission is amazing. If Star Fox Zero lives up to the hype, I don't think any of us should be mad.

Viewtiful Rain

Smash Cadet
NNID
RainAensland
3DS FC
4253-4551-9145
I'm surprised they never added Krystal. I want Wolf in Smash 4 but Krystal should have been in Smash ages ago. The main character, the best friend, the arch rival and the love interest. Honestly, she has the potential to be the most unique Star Fox character in Smash :4fox::4falco::wolf:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Hmmm, true, but still, Nintendo rehashes Mayro and Zorldo stuff like how Activision rehashes Call of Duty. They even do it worse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCT162H1x3c
You mean NSMB, yes those games are rehashes, but if they did an original 3D platformer, like what they did with Sunshine or Galaxy, It would work, but Nintendo has taken things way too conservative and played it way too safe too often with the Wii U
Retro wouldn't be a poor choice, and neither would Platinum really if they were allowed to direct the game. To be honest with you, I thought Namco also did a good job. Those arwing redesigns blew me away and the core gameplay wasn't bad at all.
No Namco didn't do a bad job at all, but the problem is that they were rushed and Assault wasn't polished, because of it. If Zero bombs, it would be a sign that Miyamoto just doesn't have it anymore, and if another Star Fox is made, allow either Platinum or Retro to direct the game, and reduce Miyamoto to a producer role, where he still has some input, but they can filter his bad and archaic ideas out

Last edited:

Infimus

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 65200
If Zero manages to be a quality product such as this game than we all win, I know it's a bit off-topic but i still wonder how Sakamoto killed his own franchise when he was in charge of so many quality titles, my favorite game of the series was directed by him, Metroid Fusion, and ironically Other M destroyed that game for being such a terrible prequel and retconning the entire Prime series.

Could it be because of the different team to work with? From what i know about his personality and how people in Nintendo say that hate to work with him it's probably that. That's why I have no problem with Miyamoto working with a different studio, his track record working with other studios besides EAD is quite impressive, he produced along with Sega the greatest racing game ever made, and he was the one that gave Retro Studios the idea of the first person perspective and the different visors in the Metroid Prime series.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If Zero manages to be a quality product such as this game than we all win, I know it's a bit off-topic but i still wonder how Sakamoto killed his own franchise when he was in charge of so many quality titles, my favorite game of the series was directed by him, Metroid Fusion, and ironically Other M destroyed that game for being such a terrible prequel and retconning the entire Prime series.

Could it be because of the different team to work with? From what i know about his personality and how people in Nintendo say that hate to work with him it's probably that. That's why I have no problem with Miyamoto working with a different studio, his track record working with other studios besides EAD is quite impressive, he produced along with Sega the greatest racing game ever made, and he was the one that gave Retro Studios the idea of the first person perspective and the different visors in the Metroid Prime series.
Even if it's a decent title, I am not going to waste $60 on a game that currently looks like a glorified EShop title,

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Even if it's a decent title, I am not going to waste $60 on a game that currently looks like a glorified EShop title,
If you don't like something just vote with your wallet, as for me I rather wait to see more because from what I've seen so far it looks promising, but honestly I'm starting to think that this game will be delayed even though Nintendo hates doing that.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
If you don't like something just vote with your wallet, as for me I rather wait to see more because from what I've seen so far it looks promising, but honestly I'm starting to think that this game will be delayed even though Nintendo hates doing that.
I am likely not going to buy it, unless Miyamoto and EAD cut the cord loose and allow Platinum to have more creative input,

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
I am likely not going to buy it, unless Miyamoto and EAD cut the cord loose and allow Platinum to have more creative input,
What proof do you have that they are not allowing them to do that? The game's director wanted to work with Nintendo again, how can you say that they don't have the freedom to do what they think is best?

darklink34

Smash Journeyman
What proof do you have that they are not allowing them to do that? The game's director wanted to work with Nintendo again, how can you say that they don't have the freedom to do what they think is best?
I believe they are given the freedom to do what is best, but I think they are severely limiting themselves by forcing the gamepad screen mechanic.

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace

Read this entire article and watch this, also unless i'm wrong, nothing was said about the Prime games being retconned. Supposedly Sakamoto had a personal hatred towards the three games and tried to knock em out of existence, but everyone else said otherwise, even Nintendo and Smash still reference it.

Last edited:

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Read this entire article and watch this, also unless i'm wrong, nothing was said about the Prime games being retconned. Supposedly Sakamoto had a personal hatred towards the three games and tried to knock em out of existence, but everyone else said otherwise, even Nintendo and Smash still reference it.
Even though the Prime era is still underepped in Smash

TheCynicalCdr

Smash Ace
Even though the Prime era is still underepped in Smash
The point is the Prime series is still acknowledged that not only did the Prime Trilogy got released again on the WiiUs virtual console, but as much as many refuse to accept it, Retro is making Federation Force. It kinda destroys what Sakamoto tried to do with the three games because you cant simply try disregarding a series of games and act like no one would notice, it only works after one game, which ironically in this case would most likely be Other M because like Star Fox Command next to no one likes it.

Supposedly the original Star Fox was retconned, but I dont believe there's anywhere that really proves this, but if it was then it was at least justifiable because there wasnt a number of sequels made after and was done in a short time frame, it did almost get a sequel, but 64 kicked that out. Doing it after roughly nine to thirteen years of progress is far too insulting, but thankfully they confirmed Zero's in a different universe from the original timeline.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Lol. Just as they were beginning to expand the universe with the Saurians, the mysterious Cerinians, the Apparoids and the Anglars, in comes this game. It truly is a good thing this is set in its own reality.

Last edited:

Bone Conjurer

Smash Apprentice
Let's hope he puts his butthurt about being left behind with his shallow and simple games aside and lets Platinum expand upon the story.

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
It does say this in the video in about 2:00, they announced very quietly that the Prime games were out of the series' canon, and made an entirely new timeline solely around Other M, as it was stated they pretty much announced that they messed up the series' entire story, even without the prime games there are still a lot of problems with the story especially regarding the galactic federation, come to think of it it's no wonder why Federation Force exists, i remember that i read somewhere that the series' producer said that the game is necessary in order to expand them, since Samus always takes the spotlight. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but it's not a bad direction, the problem is that this should be a title that would be released after a Metroid sequel with Samus, they didn't do that and decided to release it in the worst time possible. No wonder people are angry, some, to be honest, are reacting in a very stupid way.

If Sakamoto's decision to get rid of the Prime series means something only time will tell, and ironically the game that everybody is hating right now, may provide the answer to that.

ArcaneKitsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoxMcCloud022390
3DS FC
4699-8504-1203
Not to be a jerk here, but what does Metroid have to do with Krystal?

Last edited:

Infimus

Smash Apprentice
Not to be a jerk here, but what does Metroid have to do with Krystal?
Both Metroid and Star Fox have a reimagining game that didn't affect the series' canon, and their last titles didn't exactly have a great reception when announced, one more than the other.

I didn't want to stretch more this topic or else we're gonna lose focus so I will stop here.

Last edited:

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I just hope that the Star Fox series continues at this point with or without Krystal. I love the series and don't want to see it go the way of F-Zero at all.

I just wish more companies did reboots right like the new PS4 reboot of Ratchet and Clank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom