• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE PROJECT M NETPLAY COMMUNITY BUILD! (v1.3 BETA ) For Project M 3.02

shonuf

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, cool build. I am interested in some of the Gecko (GCT) codes you have used.
Can anyone tell me how to manage the codes used in the RSBE01.GCT file included in your builds download.
The GCT reading programs I have give me unknown codes for almost 75%.
Here is a link to pastebin.com of what I have exported.
http://pastebin.com/P4UzBzAT

Lex__

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys im curious on how you guys changed the Game ID tag because im looking into making a TK breezy back, but have no clue how to do it. Any help?

Im thinking it has to do with

Code:
SET PC=504D
SET GAMEID=RSBEPM
SET GCTSIZE=106D8
SET GCTPATH=RSBE01.gct
SET MODNAME=Super Smash Bros. Project M

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Hey guys im curious on how you guys changed the Game ID tag because im looking into making a TK breezy back, but have no clue how to do it. Any help?

Im thinking it has to do with

Code:
SET PC=504D
SET GAMEID=RSBEPM
SET GCTSIZE=106D8
SET GCTPATH=RSBE01.gct
SET MODNAME=Super Smash Bros. Project M
You set PC = to the last 2 digits of the game ID in hex (in this case PM = 504D in hex). If you don't do this you'll get the insert brawl disc error.
Game ID will change the game ID, don't touch first 4 digits.
Mod name will change the name of the iso in Dolphin.

Inocram

Smash Cadet
When I run the Build_ISO v3.1 regularly it returns "Rebuilding AlbobDS's Netplay Community Build as iso."

If I run as administrator, it returns "cannot find projectm\pf\ folder containing ProjectM files. They are certainly in the same directory as the bulider, though.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
So does this build actually do anything to reduce lag? I noticed you actually added polygons to Pokemon Stadium 2.

Y-L

Smash Champion
So does this build actually do anything to reduce lag? I noticed you actually added polygons to Pokemon Stadium 2.
It reduces polygons on battlefield and smashville. PS2 doesn't have lag problems like those.

Fudgepop01

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm on a mac, and whenever I download the newest version of the build using the specified link, I get something titled "PM BUILD V1.2.7z" instead of an actual ZIP file. Whenever I try and extract the "contents," I get an error message telling me there's nothing to extract. This means that whenever I try to run the python file, i'll just get a copy of the brawl ISO that takes up slightly less space...

___

Was just informed that .7z is the extension of a 7zip archive and not some sort of fancy way of naming your version of the build. Got unArchiver from the app-store, and successfully unarchived the file. Problem solved.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find a wall to bang my head against. I think something got disconnected up in my brain...

Last edited:

JayMan-X

Smash Apprentice
If it's possible, you should make it so that all of the My Music sliders are set to Max, or at least just the sliders of the replaced songs. Its pretty tedious to have to set all the songs to max each time I play with the Comm Build if i want to hear more than one song on each stage.

jBui

Smash Rookie
I've been trying to download this all day and I haven't been able to get it, how long do you need to wait for this quota thing to cool down?

wiztick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xhudayoloswagx
whats with this "come back later to download link"

Burning

Smash Rookie
NNID
kazuna-kasai
3DS FC
1977-0205-0646
Absolutely forgot to say, but I love this god damn build. <3
Keep doing what you're doing.

Darkevilprice995

Smash Cadet
Might I ask what "Fire Emblem Map Theme" is on the main menu? There are a lot of fire emblem entries and I don't have the time to download this build and listen to what theme you chose right now. Thanks!

Ghetto Blush

Smash Apprentice
If it's possible, you should make it so that all of the My Music sliders are set to Max, or at least just the sliders of the replaced songs. Its pretty tedious to have to set all the songs to max each time I play with the Comm Build if i want to hear more than one song on each stage.
gonna mirror this statement

C-stick Gaming

Smash Rookie
i have looked everywhere and tried every thing but i cant open the file. could you please reupload it but as a zip file?

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621

Keep getting this error, can anyone help me. I'm running it as admin and it's saying that it can't find the project m resources that are right there in the same directory. Also this was extracted right from the zip file so I made no alterations. Can someone please help!

Burning

Smash Rookie
NNID
kazuna-kasai
3DS FC
1977-0205-0646
That's your problem; you're running it as an admin. That screws it up for you. If you're going to install it anywhere make sure the builder is on your desktop first. NEVER run it as an admin or it'll screw up like you've seen.

Hope I helped fix the issue. Works for me, so...

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
I would just like to thank everyone who helped make this. I downloaded this yesterday and whatnot expecting the results to not be to drastic. But ill be damned you guys did a good job on this. The vanilla Project m 3.02 build always would drop frames at random points (due to an old i5 q6600) but this build is running really smooth for me. THANK YOU

CowlScatman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-7805-1507
I would just like to thank everyone who helped make this. I downloaded this yesterday and whatnot expecting the results to not be to drastic. But ill be damned you guys did a good job on this. The vanilla Project m 3.02 build always would drop frames at random points (due to an old i5 q6600) but this build is running really smooth for me. THANK YOU
I forgot to mention that because of this i went from frame drops on lowest settings, to 60 fps with a stutter every now and then on 2x resolution. PLUS my processor only runs 2.4 ghz. Thats pretty good if i say so myself.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
That's your problem; you're running it as an admin. That screws it up for you. If you're going to install it anywhere make sure the builder is on your desktop first. NEVER run it as an admin or it'll screw up like you've seen.

Hope I helped fix the issue. Works for me, so...
I've ran it as both and both haven't worked. Any explanations?

C-stick Gaming

Smash Rookie
i was able to dowbload the file but when i try ti open it with 7zip it cant for some reason. could you reupload it as zip?

Charmilio

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing it's a pipe dream since it really only serves to sever the netplay community, but any chance of this being updated for 3.5? I'm getting some pretty severe framedrops on the new Dreamland and a few new alts here and there, but more than anything I'd like to just be able to play offline with it. Either way, this build was awesome, and it was without a doubt the main reason I got the chance to practice so much PM. Thanks for your effort Albob, see you on the ladder.

FlamingForce

Smash Journeyman
A 3.5 build isn't out of the question at all, I know for a fact that Albob isn't entirely satisfied with the current 3.5 netplay build.

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in some of the brstm files & I don't know how to extract them from the build. Any help?

Last edited:
Top Bottom