• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE PROJECT M NETPLAY COMMUNITY BUILD! (v1.3 BETA ) For Project M 3.02

CASSlUS

Smash Rookie
The Project M Pokemon Stadium 2 skin doesn't work for some reason, everything else is fine though

DatDolphin

Smash Cadet
What song plays in place of the Sonic vs Shadow song on Battlefield? It's insanely epic, but I know for a fact it's not what it is listed under.

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
I like the idea, but I hated every single song I heard. I still had to set it to widescreen, no items; I thought that was the point?

apguy13

Smash Rookie
The first time I tried this a few days ago, it resulted an iso with a matching md5 to the OP. Like everyone has said, everything with the exception of the custom pokemon stadium skins works.

Being curious to get the custom pokemon stadium skin to work properly, I repeated the process several times and, although the skin works now, the md5 is fad67d2ab9425b6b4de0733382bec03d consistently every time. Am I the only one with this problem?

Y-L

Smash Champion
The first time I tried this a few days ago, it resulted an iso with a matching md5 to the OP. Like everyone has said, everything with the exception of the custom pokemon stadium skins works.

Being curious to get the custom pokemon stadium skin to work properly, I repeated the process several times and, although the skin works now, the md5 is fad67d2ab9425b6b4de0733382bec03d consistently every time. Am I the only one with this problem?
Changing the stadium skin will change the md5. Different files results in different md5s. I want it fixed too.

apguy13

Smash Rookie
Will netplay still work if I am using the iso with stadium skin? It's weird that my batch file keeps churning out proper (as in with stadium skin) iso files with the fad67d2ab9425b6b4de0733382bec03d rather than 9e86ca7caa64103664fd9309344cd1cc. I'm starting to believe that fad67d2ab9425b6b4de0733382bec03d is the right md5 for the OPs netplay build since his update.

Y-L

Smash Champion
Will netplay still work if I am using the iso with stadium skin? It's weird that my batch file keeps churning out proper (as in with stadium skin) iso files with the fad67d2ab9425b6b4de0733382bec03d rather than 9e86ca7caa64103664fd9309344cd1cc. I'm starting to believe that fad67d2ab9425b6b4de0733382bec03d is the right md5 for the OPs netplay build since his update.
Nah the 9 one is definitely right without the stadium skin. If you add the correct stadium skin the md5 will change to what you have.

Last edited:

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Won't this just make it more confusing for people that want to play with Dolphin?

Why not just stick to the standard build?

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
Won't this just make it more confusing for people that want to play with Dolphin?

I'm pretty sure the idea is everyone using this build. This build has advantages over the default.
-Lagless Stages
-No more Ness
-Lightsabers
and possibly more as it develops, such as automaticly having no items and the screen to 4.3 to prevent desyncs.

EDIT: THAT BEING SAID, I don't like the Lightsabers that much, (Sorry Y_L :-(...) and I haven't made an online compatible PMCB yet.

Last edited:

TFerg

Smash Apprentice
Man, the main menu screen song is just horrendous. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me, lol

I love the build but that song alone is enough to make me not use it.

McSlur

Smash Journeyman
Two things I've noticed,
1. You don't show the new Smashville in the mod description.
2. Draculas Castle should have an ' in it. I think.

Demojay

Smash Rookie
I've downloaded the build and got the right md5 but I was unable to join people using the non-community version. Is there a way to change the game id or can you only play with other people using the community build? (I tried editing the id in the batch file and the game stopped working)

Y-L

Smash Champion
I've downloaded the build and got the right md5 but I was unable to join people using the non-community version. Is there a way to change the game id or can you only play with other people using the community build? (I tried editing the id in the batch file and the game stopped working)
You can only use the community build with other people that have it or you'll desync. That's the reason we changed the game id.

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542

Yes

I'm pretty sure the idea is everyone using this build. This build has advantages over the default.
-Lagless Stages
-No more Ness
-Lightsabers
and possibly more as it develops, such as automaticly having no items and the screen to 4.3 to prevent desyncs.

EDIT: THAT BEING SAID, I don't like the Lightsabers that much, (Sorry Y_L :-(...) and I haven't made an online compatible PMCB yet.
As awesome as you want this whole build thing to be, I've played a good 40ish games for a month er so now, and I haven't ran into anyone from the east coast who rocks this build.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Has anyone been able to get this to work on Linux? The included builder just throws lots of errors if I try to run it in WINE. Tried plugging it into the Python builder for vanilla instead, but that gives it the ID of RSBEPM which is no good since it doesn't match everyone else, and to make matters worse confuses the hell out of Dolphin when I have two RSBEPM ISOs. Trying to launch vanilla resulted in this build coming up instead every time, forcing me to delete it altogether.

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
As I try to build this ISO, everytime I attempt, I just get "Rebuilding [AlbobDS's Netplay Community Build] as iso...
The system cannot execute the specified program.

KPPortage

Smash Rookie
Any links to the Super Mario 64 Save File Remix track that plays on Yoshi's Island (Brawl)? Super good :)

EDIT: Totally just realized its called something different from the music screen in the actual game, found the link in the song spoiler drop down... Apologies for stupidity xD

Last edited:

coopreme

Smash Cadet
Ok that would be awesome but i got it running just on my own and everything was working but i am yet to try it on netplay. Once i do I will see if it works, and whether it does or not i will still use your custom builder that you mentioned when it is released. :)

Edit* I was able to get onto netplay today and I discovered that it is in fact working so if you want to maybe put that method into a temporary tutorial until you make the builder for Mac you can.

Zim,

I too got this working on netplay but it gave constant desyncs... It must have to do with incorrect game id and boot id being assigned from the python builder... I've tried to change the builder to assign the correct game ID (RSBEC3) but when i change it to that the game asks for me to insert the brawl cd... Anyways for single player it worked fine but since the game id doesn't change i think it's connecting me to vanilla PM which is cause mass desyncs.

Anyways, excellent guide on getting it to at least build in osx! :007:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Yeah, same problem I mentioned on Linux. I can build it and play offline, but I can't actually netplay with it due to the ID being wrong.

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
I should have put an edit on but the method stopped working at v1.1 when they changed the game ID so you wouldn't have to switch libraries. The problem is the builder for Mac is programmed to name the ID project M. I wish dolphin let you change the ID in settings then this wouldn't be a problem. Now I just build it on my (very) old PC and move it over via flash drive. (If you try this method you have have to reformat the flash drive to hold larger files. (At least that's what I had to do))

Last edited:

coopreme

Smash Cadet
I should have put an edit on but the method stopped working at 3.01(?) when they changed the game ID so you wouldn't have to switch libraries. The problem is the builder for Mac is programmed to name the ID project M. I wish dolphin let you change the ID in settings then this wouldn't be a problem. Now I just build it on my (very) old PC and move it over via flash drive. (If you try this method you have have to reformat the flash drive to hold larger files. (At least that's what I had to do))
Thats the thing, i modded python builder and essentially matched it line by line with the batch file version for windoze. it's very easy to do but something breaks after the fact... The python script runs and builds the ISO but Dolphin says game unknown where the ID would usually show up and then it say insert Brawl disc - all from change 2 characters in python build script (PM to C3)...

I'll keep looking at it, maybe just write a builder in objective-c so it runs natively in mac without having to use python... Just need to see if wit has binaries for osx... orrrr someone could just post a link to a copy somewhere :D

thatoneguy1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-4043-2752
would this desync if i played somebody with the normal build or no?

coopreme

Smash Cadet
would this desync if i played somebody with the normal build or no?
As of right now, if i use Zimflare's method of just changing out the files and rebuilding homebrew.zip, then building, it works. It will boot up on net play and you can even get folks to join in using vanilla - but eventually within the first match there will be a desync. Using ZimFlares method does not change the gameid, so you can only net play with vanilla - which will desync. So the real goal is to get a python builder that will let you create the community build with the correct game id, it would be nice if the community build folks just distributed a pack for OSX but they don't so we'll keep cranking. :007:

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they can change the ID back to normal (because changing libraries isn't that bad in the first place) so then the OSX method would work again and once there is a working OSX builder, they make the ID back to what it is now.

coopreme

Smash Cadet
I agree that would be working solution - all you have to do is confirm with who your playing what build. so anyone post that community build iso anywhere yet :)

Y-L

Smash Champion
I'm sorry but I highly doubt that would happen. You'd have to make everyone recreate their iso for no update, and make it more inconvenient. Did you try using a hex editor to change the game id?

Top Bottom