• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
@ Curious Villager Curious Villager I think that's all the details. I agree actually - I do not believe he was being facetious, sarcastic, humorous or whatever because at first he said, "it's not true" but then later said "I hope it's true". It doesn't take the prof himself to work out that he was probably genuine with the tweet in between. Therefore, as we already established he has been voicing Layton for a couple of projects. I doubt it's a revival unless they really want to bring him back with a bang with a worldwide reveal. I also doubt it's the second movie unless they just scrapped it and started again from scratch.
Something I am beginning to wonder is if he might be planned for Mario Kart instead - but this is pure conjecture on my part and I have absolutely nothing to back it up, other than Mario Kart sounds would be similar to Smash sounds. (Hm, hah, something roughly equivalent to ouch, a victory quote, you get the gist)
Maybe, just maybe, they're FINALLY giving us London Life?
Well there is this....
Do you think Hershel or Luke would make good special guest characters in something like a new Mario Kart or Smash Bros.?

Hino-san: That would certainly be a wonderful opportunity!

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?p=103521 ]
Professor Layton for Mario Kart 8 DLC confirmed!!

Lol but really. If there is a lot of grunting involved (Which isn't really a typical thing in the Layton series apart from a couple animated cutscenes which is probably what might have confused Christopher Miller) then it may be possible that Layton may be making a guest appearance in another game or series. It could be Smash Bros (Hopefully), it could be Mario Kart 8 (Unlikely though since I think they said they where done with Mario Kart 8 DLC if I recall correctly) It can even be something out of nowhere such as a Level-5 vs Capcom crossover! Who knows really.....

Last edited:

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
I think we can strike MarioKart8 due to it being unclear whether we'll get more DLC for that, and I can't imagine Layton or any third party getting added given that only arguably the three biggest Nintendo franchises have reps in it. Except maybe Pac-Man because of the arcade game mariokart where he was playable, but I digress...

Which probably leaves us back at Smash or super secret mystery project.

Either way, this is the most excited I've ever been as a Layton fan. With Level-5, all we usually have to do is look towards Japan to know what to expect, but we don't know a damn thing on the horizon. Just that there's something. That's thrilling!

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
I posted this a while ago, but I'm not sure if it was on this thread, and also it's changed since, so I'll just post it again. This is my moveset for Professor Layton.

Mechanics- What makes Professor Layton a mechanically different fighter is that when charging Smash attacks, the type of attack can be changed mid-charge. For example, when charging a forward-smash, if you tilt the control-stick directly upwards, it becomes an up-smash, but doesn't appear as such on the screen until the attack is executed. In doing this, Layton is literally able to puzzle his opponents.

Neutral Special- Deduction: The famous Layton point. Layton suddenly pivots 180 degrees and points aggressively behind him. The attack also causes some shockwaves that carry quite a distance, depending on how long the attack was charged.

Side Special- Puzzle Blocks: Layton pulls out a block from the various sliding block puzzles the series is infamous for, and throws it ahead of him. Similar to Peach/Pac-Man, the size, shape and damage of the block is different every time the move is used.

Up Special- Glider: Layton whips out the home-made glider from the end of the Curious Village and suddenly rises sharply upwards, then gently floats downwards while gliding in the direction held by the control stick. The attack deals damage on the way up, and Layton is able to jump out of the glider at any time, and is able to attack further after he does this.

Down Special- Search Mode: The magnifying glass from the 3DS games appears on the screen. By holding the special attack button, the magnifying glass can be moved around on the screen, and when the button is released, the magnifying glass will activate. If this happens while the glass is covering a fighter, they will be hit by one of three random things:
1- A hint coin will pop out, which deals low damage and knockback
2- The white 'observation lines' will appear, which deal medium damage and knockback
3- The red 'puzzle exclamation mark' will appear, which deals high damage and knockbacl

Final Smash- Puzzle Solved: Layton will disappear from the battlefield, and the background will go dark. The Layton symbol appears on the screen, which the player can move around. Layton appears 3 times on the screen in flashes, similar to the puzzle solved anticipation screen. If, at the end of this sequence, the cursor is over a fighter, Layton will 'solve the puzzle', and deal 60% damage and insanely high knockback to the fighter. If the attack misses, Layton will fail to solve the puzzle, 10 picarats will be taken away, and Layton will attempt to solve the puzzle again. If this attack lands, because 10 picarats were taken away, the attack only deals 50% and slightly less knockback. If this attack also fails, another 10 picarats will be lost, and Layton tries again. If this third attack also misses, Layton will give up and return to the battlefield.

Mechanics- What makes Professor Layton a mechanically different fighter is that when charging Smash attacks, the type of attack can be changed mid-charge. For example, when charging a forward-smash, if you tilt the control-stick directly upwards, it becomes an up-smash, but doesn't appear as such on the screen until the attack is executed. In doing this, Layton is literally able to puzzle his opponents.
I'm going to keep reading, but I had to stop and hit like as soon as I read that.
:4miibrawl:

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
I posted this a while ago, but I'm not sure if it was on this thread, and also it's changed since, so I'll just post it again. This is my moveset for Professor Layton.

I can get behind this! His Smashes would have to have either low damage or knockback growth if changed mid-charge to compensate for that (though the latter may also help with combos!), or have very long endlag if that technique is performed. It'd definitely be cool if Layton was the king of mix-ups though.

One move combination I thought of a while for a Side/DownB that would promote Layton's puzzling style was Hint Coin/Critical Thinking. Hint Coin acts like Shadow Sneak, where a shadow travels across the ground while the move is held and a hint coin pops out upon release, as Layton points to the coin, to damage foes. If the move is entered as a Smash attack, the shadow on the ground travels quicker.

Critical Thinking is a bread-and-butter counter. Yawn, I know. Counters suck slightly, but he's one of the few characters where it suits his traits. If Layton is attacked while this is buffering, he'll snap his fingers in front of the foe, inducing a dizzy state. Then you can give them some punishment!

The similarity between these two moves? They share the same initiation pose of Layton holding his chin and thinking. Which initiates more mindgames: should you keep your distance or capitalise on an opening (but how long do you have, how was the Hint Coin attack entered)? Getting this puzzle wrong means you lose more than just a few Picarats, but a couple of percent too.

Aaaaaand Layton's already a banned character.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Neutral B: Hint Coin
Professor Layton thinks, and a small glimmer of an appearing Hint Coin appears somewhere on the stage.
The coin is almost invisible
If a Hint Coin is on stage when using this move, Layton thinks again and a Magnifying Glass appears.
If the Glass overlaps with the coin, the coin pops up, potentionally Star KO'ing opponents.

The trick to this mystery?

Professor Layton can aim the coin and glass in 8 directions by aiming the control stick while pressing B.
Both Layton's thinking pose and the invisible coin make it so that the coin seems to appear out of nowhere.

This move forces opponents to be aware of their surroundings.
You never know when Layton lays down one of these glimmering bombs.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Poor Chris, not even he is sure Layton is in Smash yet people seem to assume he has already confirmed it....

We still don't really know for certain what the voice lines are for (or if they even sound like they could be for a game like Smash Bros) and most of it is merely just speculation on our part..... :T

Last edited:

Laytonite

Smash Cadet
Poor bloke, this must all be pretty mental for him.

Anyway:
I've been doing some thinking about Layton's trunk minigames and how they could be incorporated into Smash. Here's the ideas I've got so far:

Camera - Pandora's Box - Layton photographs the enemy, unleashing a flash from the camera. (this won't actually be a blinding flash, think like the effects on Ness' Bair when it connects.) works a little like Pac-Man's Bell but has very short range and a decent amount of startup. This move could easily be a Smash, special move or an aerial.
Gizmos - Curious Village - Layton starts building the robot dog (charge can be stored) to create a Phantom Slash style of move, but with greater range as it flies off to find hint coins and generally better than Phantom Slash
Toy Robot - Miracle Mask - Layton winds up the robot and sets it off. If works a little like Bowser Jr's Mechakoopa, except rather than exploding it will sprint using a golden wind-up key when an enemy is in it's line of sight. It moves somewhat slowly, pausing every few steps, and if left alone it eventually runs out of power and disappears harmelssly. Is throwable so you can adjust it's position or use it against Layton - would treat whoever throws it as it's new user and no longer targets them with golden-key-powered sprints.
Parrot - Lost Future - two ideas for this one. First one: the parrot flies diagonally up from Layton with a parcel for as long as you hold B. When B is released the parrot drops the parcel. Second one: the parrot functions just like the first idea, but Layton sets a trampoline the first time this move is used which breaks as soon as a character or the parrot bounces on it. In both scenarios, thet parcel would explode and meteor smash on contact (since it would be hard to land).

And the one I'd like to see the most...
Toy Car - Lost Future - a multi-staged attack, a bit like Villager's tree. First Layton lays down a tile on the floor. This tile can shoot opponents a little like a weak bumper but only launches horizontally (the direction depends on which way Layton was facing when he used it) and can never KO off the side. It can also catapult Layton. When the first tile is laid, Layton can lay a second tile in midair (at his shoulder height) - this tile can only launch opponents directly vertically. If both tiles are active, Layton can then leave a car which trundles along(it can be picked up and thrown). If it comes into contact with a tile, it shoots off in that direction like Pac-Man's Key. The tiles will eventually disappear after X amount of time has passed or when the car vanishes. The potential for this move would be huge - stage control, a recovery aid, a kill move, a combo extender, a zoning tool, setting up an edgeguard and it can even be used like Pika's Quick Attack for quick mobility around the stage, albeit in just one direction.

Has anyone got any alternative ideas for these minigames, or can think of something for the other minigames? (Good luck with the tea one.)

Martingale

Smash Apprentice

Poor Chris, not even he is sure Layton is in Smash yet people seem to assume he has already confirmed it....

We still don't really know for certain what the voice lines are for (or if they even sound like they could be for a game like Smash Bros) and most of it is merely just speculation on our part..... :T
I think the problem here is that many, ahem, "news" sites tend to throw around the words confirmed and deconfirmed almost haphazardly. It was never more than a maybe, because as is clear, not even he knows what's going on or what he recorded for. I wish I had reported it a little more cautiously myself, but it's a little too late for that now.

He's as confused and just as in the dark as we are.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

typical you cant make a joke with out someone take it as an official confirmation

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
The best case scenario for me at this point is if we get Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright confirmed on the same day. I acknowledge that Phoenix is far less likely than Layton, and it's almost certain that Wright won't get in, but not only will it mean that we can literally do Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, but at this point, if they do announce Layton, I will not be surprised at all. Phoenix Wright being announced at the same time would throw EVERYONE for a loop, and we could have an experience similar to Lucas' reveal, as opposed to the Roy/Ryu reveal where everyone saw it coming.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Down B: Hamster Parcours (Pandora's Box)

Layton sets down a Hamster Wheel, and places a Hamster in it.
Then Layton can set down four different Hamster Obstacles like Apples, Thread Mills.
All four objects are in a set order, with the Apple first and the Thread Mills second etc.

When Layton has set down his last obstacle, the Hamster sprints through the objects, setting off any Hint Coin he comes across and dealing damage to every opponent.

There are two tricks to this:

One, the Hamster won't sprint too far without amusement.
If all of the obstacles are too far from eachother, the Hamster stops, sighs and walks back to the threadmill, before poofing away.

Second, the Hamster can actually change its knockback and speed
Some obstacles make the Hamster fatter, and some make him lighter.
A heavier hamster is slower, but deals more damage and knockback and a slimmer hamster is speedier, but deals less damage.

Use this to your advantage by placing certain objects out of the sprinting line, but this requires quick thinking and stage knowledge!

The Hamster can jump, and some objects can be placed in the air.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

Well, hopefully fangirls and fanboys won't harass him if Layton isn't actually coming to Smash. I want to believe Layton fans are more civilized than that :)

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
I geeked out a bit and got into looking at Twitter analytics and found that Layton is far above all others on Twitter this month. Most talked about (with K.Rool coming a near second due to him being skinned for a Mii Costume), with Shantae and Shovel Knight not recievig half the exposure of Layton, with these two being the normal high flyers. SK and Shantae had their big stories too-- Shantae ran away with a reddit poll and SK had that mysterious amiibo listing pop up. Layton also has the lead far and away in terms of Smashified too, which is great to see!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, hopefully fangirls and fanboys won't harass him if Layton isn't actually coming to Smash. I want to believe Layton fans are more civilized than that :)
Well there was a time when the Layton fandom caused a commotion over ONM's wishlist of other crossovers they wanted to see Layton make it in. Without reading the main article they immediately assumed that Layton was "leaked" for Smash Bros. Even though it was clearly stated at the very top that it was just their wishlist.

As much as I hate to admit it. For a franchise that teaches you about careful observation and critical thinking. Its fanbase can sometimes jump to conclusions pretty prematurely..... ^^

Can't say I blame them though. Besides Layton 7, there isn't really much to look forward to for the Layton franchise so some of its fans are more than likely clinging on to some hope for some new information for their favourite top-hatted Professor.... ^^

Eitherway, all we can do is hope for the best....

The best case scenario for me at this point is if we get Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright confirmed on the same day. I acknowledge that Phoenix is far less likely than Layton, and it's almost certain that Wright won't get in, but not only will it mean that we can literally do Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, but at this point, if they do announce Layton, I will not be surprised at all. Phoenix Wright being announced at the same time would throw EVERYONE for a loop, and we could have an experience similar to Lucas' reveal, as opposed to the Roy/Ryu reveal where everyone saw it coming.
I do wonder if we may see a Phoenix Wright Mii costume at some point. If Layton does make it in, I suppose they could probably include that in a hypothetical trailer for Layton. (Much like Ryu and Heihachi)

Seeing Phoenix Wright himself would be really cool too but I'm not sure how likely that is....

Last edited:

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Well there was a time when the Layton fandom caused a commotion over ONM's wishlist of other crossovers they wanted to see Layton make it in. Without reading the main article they immediately assumed that Layton was "leaked" for Smash Bros. Even though it was clearly stated at the very top that it was just their wishlist.

As much as I hate to admit it. For a franchise that teaches you about careful observation and critical thinking. Its fanbase can sometimes jump to conclusions pretty prematurely..... ^^

Can't say I blame them though. Besides Layton 7, there isn't really much to look forward to for the Layton franchise so some of its fans are more than likely clinging on to some hope for some new information for their favourite top-hatted Professor.... ^^

Eitherway, all we can do is hope for the best....

I do wonder if we may see a Phoenix Wright Mii costume at some point. If Layton does make it in, I suppose they could probably include that in a hypothetical trailer for Layton. (Much like Ryu and Heihachi)

Seeing Phoenix Wright himself would be really cool too but I'm not sure how likely that is....
Oh yeah, I remember that. I laughed so hard when someone showed me that and considered it confirmation, because we'd also (if memory serves me) get Layton in Animal Crossing if that was correct. The icing on the cake is that Official Nintendo Magazine isn't official.

But I definitely agree that we as a fanbase have a tendency to hold on to hope. Unsurprisingly, 2013-2015 has been the lowest point of talking regarding the good professor, so we're literally going to take what we can get right now and run with it and likely never look back. Thankfully, I haven't seen very many people confronting Chris on the rumour over on Twitter, so folks are fortunately keeping a respectful distance.

I'd definitely say that Wright would arrive as a Mii Brawler costume if at all. People are already pretty full of sodium now that we have two Capcom reps, I don't think they'll try a third.

Anyway, speaking of sodium, are folks here taking this new Shovel Knight rumour with a grain of salt? Second supposed leak in a week, so I'm naturally cautious.

Reila

I think the Shovel Knight is rumor is most likely fake and it is not because "it is fake until it is confirmed", but... while there are no rules towards what character can or cannot be playable in Smash, there are just too many things against Shovel Knight. He lacks relevance (something important according to Sakurai), he doesn't have a long lasting history with Nintendo (yet, at least), I doubt a Shovel Knight DLC would sell well and lastly, didn't Sakurai say the remaining DLC would be fanservice? Does the main character of a rather obscure indie game count as fanservice?

Don't get me wrong, I like the character and Shovel Knight is one of my favorite games, but... Something feels off about this rumor. On top of what I typed above, I learned to not believe any rumors that don't come with gameplay videos, so... I am taking it with a ton of salt.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh yeah, I remember that. I laughed so hard when someone showed me that and considered it confirmation, because we'd also (if memory serves me) get Layton in Animal Crossing if that was correct. The icing on the cake is that Official Nintendo Magazine isn't official.

But I definitely agree that we as a fanbase have a tendency to hold on to hope. Unsurprisingly, 2013-2015 has been the lowest point of talking regarding the good professor, so we're literally going to take what we can get right now and run with it and likely never look back. Thankfully, I haven't seen very many people confronting Chris on the rumour over on Twitter, so folks are fortunately keeping a respectful distance.

I'd definitely say that Wright would arrive as a Mii Brawler costume if at all. People are already pretty full of sodium now that we have two Capcom reps, I don't think they'll try a third.

Anyway, speaking of sodium, are folks here taking this new Shovel Knight rumour with a grain of salt? Second supposed leak in a week, so I'm naturally cautious.
There was also Layton in Resident Evil.... I'm surprised hardly anyone considered that if supposedly Layton was "confirmed" for Smash because of this, that he would by that logic also be "confirmed" for all the other crossovers ONM had in their wishlist and thus deduced that this whole thing was more a wishlist than a "Leak". Or just read the paragraph at the very top that stated as such.... :T

That's good to know. I think the last thing Mr. Miller would want to see is even more confrontations in regards to Layton and Smash, he sounded pretty annoyed in his latest tweet.....

I wouldn't mind Wright myself, but yeah, a Mii Brawler costume feels likelier.....

I wasn't really aware of that new Shovel Knight rumour myself to be honest. I've been too preoccupied with this whole Professor Layton commotion the past few days that I wasn't really aware of any other happenings going on. I didn't even get to work further on my 3D models for that matter. (Although I did model the Layton mobile from that Layton fanbook page some days ago and I worked a little on Luke too... ^^)

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What I'm thinking -> Amiibo =/= Smash inclusion.

just look at Chibi-Robo.

anyways, isn't this a bit off topic?

Layton time.

GWTCN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GWTCN4
3DS FC
0173-1757-4619
Back onto Shovel Knight for a minute, setting aside the fact that the Shovel Knight amiibo was deconfirmed by those who initially announced it, I think people saw that as Smash confirmation because there is literally no other reason for them to make a Shovel Knight amiibo. So far, the only 3rd-party amiibo to be released are from the Smash line, and given that Shovel Knight was released across multiple platforms, it seemed unlikely that an amiibo would be made specifically for that game.

But, you're right, back to Layton.

I figured that since I've already posted my list of possible Layton stages and moves, I might as well post a soundtrack as well, mainly because I'm hyped as hell at the moment.

Here's the list:

- Professor Layton's Theme (original remix)
- Professor Layton's Theme (Professor Layton & the Unwound Future)
- Descole's Theme (original remix)
- Descole's Theme (Professor Layton & the Miracle Mask)
- Theme of the Last Battle (Professor Layton & the Last Specter)
- Don Paolo's Theme (Professor Layton & the Curious Village)
- Puzzles Medley (original remix of all the puzzle themes)
- Puzzle Battle (Professor Layton & the Unwound Future)
- Huge Weapon (Professor Layton & the Unwound Future)
- The Future British Gentleman (Professor Layton & the Eternal Diva)
- Pursuit- Spell-breaker (Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
- Ending Theme (Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
- Main Theme (Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)
- Pursuit Medley (Phoenix Wright medley) (from games 1-5 of the main series)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Saw all the news.

A shame C. R. Miller was probably joking around. I'd love to see Layton DLC, but a offhand Twitter comment is nothing to get excited over...

Reila

Well, that just depends on interpretation.
I don't know, judging by his other tweets, it seem more like he was just as confused as us. He seem to have assumed the lines he recorded were for Smash (because of the IMDB listing?), but then realized they might not be for Smash. But who knows, maybe he was joking/lying/whatevering.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I don't know, judging by his other tweets, it seem more like he was just as confused as us. He seem to have assumed the lines he recorded were for Smash (because of the IMDB listing?), but then realized they might not be for Smash. But who knows, maybe he was joking/lying/whatevering.
Don't you think he would have known if he was doing a recording for Smash?

Reila

Originally I thought voice actors and voice actress always knew the projects they are leading their voices to, but according to more well informed people (here and on NeoGAF), it is common for them to stay in the dark until the project is announced to the general public and that seems to be the case for Christopher Miller and the mysterious voice lines he recorded in the past. It kinda makes sense to leave them in the dark in order to avoid leaks and stuff.

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Given how often now he's stressing that he hopes this rumour is true, there must be something to make him believe that there's a possibility of that beyond IMDb just saying it, which he dismissed as false initially. Who knows for sure, but it doesn't seem like he was just joking.

It's not uncommon for VAs to be a little unaware. The guy who voiced Ryu for Smash didn't have it sink in until he read out Haduken. I know usually an NDA would be signed in advance, but as it was, hypothetically, sneaked in at the end of a routine recording for Level-5, would anyone assume it was for a third party project without it being implicitly implied in the lines? Sometimes keeping folk in the dark is just as effective.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Originally I thought voice actors and voice actress always knew the projects they are leading their voices to, but according to more well informed people (here and on NeoGAF), it is common for them to stay in the dark until the project is announced to the general public and that seems to be the case for Christopher Miller and the mysterious voice lines he recorded in the past. It kinda makes sense to leave them in the dark in order to avoid leaks and stuff.
If that's the case, then there may be a chance he was being honest, and not joking.

Time will tell...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not necessarily. Voice Actors aren't always informed to what they are voicing for in order to avoid any potential leaks and spoilers.

Xander Mobus for example (The voice of the Smash 4 announcer) was given a list of various characters to announce, including a number of names who never made it in. This way even he wouldn't know which characters made it into the game.

Likewise Christopher Miller was probably asked to do various grunts for Layton as well as some quotes for him. But wasn't informed as to what they would be used for. Hence why he thought it may be used for Smash but isn't 100% sure if it actually is.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Given how often now he's stressing that he hopes this rumour is true, there must be something to make him believe that there's a possibility of that beyond IMDb just saying it, which he dismissed as false initially. Who knows for sure, but it doesn't seem like he was just joking.

It's not uncommon for VAs to be a little unaware. The guy who voiced Ryu for Smash didn't have it sink in until he read out Haduken. I know usually an NDA would be signed in advance, but as it was, hypothetically, sneaked in at the end of a routine recording for Level-5, would anyone assume it was for a third party project without it being implicitly implied in the lines? Sometimes keeping folk in the dark is just as effective.
So you're the person who started all this...?

Thanks for reviving our cause.

Not necessarily. Voice Actors aren't always informed to what they are voicing for in order to avoid any potential leaks and spoilers.

Xander Mobus for example (The voice of the Smash 4 announcer) was given a list of various characters to announce, including a number of names who never made it in. This way even he wouldn't know which characters made it into the game.

Likewise Christopher Miller was probably asked to do various grunts for Layton as well as some quotes for him. But wasn't informed as to what they would be used for. Hence why he thought it may be used for Smash but isn't 100% sure if it actually is.
Interesting...

Weird how they didn't make him sign an NDA or anything. Or maybe he did, and just never realized it was for SSB4.

It's a puzzle, to be sure.

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
So you're the person who started all this...?

Thanks for reviving our cause.

Interesting...

Weird how they didn't make him sign an NDA or anything. Or maybe he did, and just never realized it was for SSB4.

It's a puzzle, to be sure.

Yeah, I ran the account that first publicised the tweet. It might have been a bit of guerrilla marketing, taking a rumour and announcing it so freely and kind of biased in how I wrapped it up, but... I'll let the data speak for itself.

At the very least, what came from this is big exposure for the cause, and hope for Layton fans who may have given up, and his name is definitely out there seriously now. Here's hoping it may inspire other Layton fans who may have berated his chances.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yeah, I ran the account that first publicised the tweet. It might have been a bit of guerrilla marketing, taking a rumour and announcing it so freely and kind of biased in how I wrapped it up, but... I'll let the data speak for itself.

At the very least, what came from this is big exposure for the cause, and hope for Layton fans who may have given up, and his name is definitely out there seriously now. Here's hoping it may inspire other Layton fans who may have berated his chances.
As they say:

"All is fair in love and Super Smash Bros. For Wii U and 3DS character DLC speculation."

I'm pretty sure that's how it goes.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We can only hope for the best. We may have been given a jigsaw puzzle piece with Professor Layton's name on it. Now hopefully that piece belongs into the roster of Smash 4.....

Only time will tell. The next Smash 4 news really can't come soon enough.....

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd love an Amiibo figure of various other Layton characters too. Even if Level-5 would make a spin off game that uses them.....

Imagine if Layton 7 was still being made for the 3DS and had Amiibo support....

Top Bottom