• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I see then.

Oh well, we are getting kinda off topic with this now. It's still cool to know though. ^_^

I wish we could of got some more Layton info now, even if it isn't Smash related. But oh well, there probably isn't much else to do except waiting for the release of Azran Legacy and the Ace Attorney Crossover. Although some assurance that the series are indeed still continuing would have been nice. The only thing we got to go by is Hino's eagerness to continue the Layton series and not being ready to see it end as well as that they wouldn't be the same as the current games... :T

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Back on Topic;

I do hope that Hino goes through with that. I'd love to see him do one more trilogy, then pull a Mother/Earthbound series with Layton, sealing him in history. Then we can have a Professor Triton series. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I just don't think ending the series with the prequels will feel right. Especially with all these cliffhangers they have been throwing around. The series should have at least a sequel trilogy so they can fill the void of those cliffhangers and then they can pull an Earthbound/Mother and end the series perfectly. But that's just my opinion really....

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Alright, time to resurrect this thread. Who is your favorite one-time Villain? Sorry if this is off-topic, I just can't think of anything.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We really need some news... I'm not sure if I even have a favourite Villain, most seem to like Descole, Clive and the Masked Gentleman. Eh I'll choose the unpopular Don Paolo, poor guy deserves some love. And I always kinda liked Villains like Bowser, K. Rool and King Dedede more. So the Don I guess...

D

Deleted member

Weren't there some spoilers to Azran Legacy in Lucas's codec?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Uhuh, say now that this thread has been bumped. I've been wondering, should we do an online petition? Or would that be a waste of time since the planned roster has already been finalized so if Layton isn't in the game now, a petition wouldn't help him much... but it might for Smash 5 though...

D

Deleted member

Uhuh, say now that this thread has been bumped. I've been wondering, should we do an online petition? Or would that be a waste of time since the planned roster has already been finalized so if Layton isn't in the game now, a petition wouldn't help him much... but it might for Smash 5 though...
Where was it said the roster was finalized?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ah, I see.

It might work; after all, Sonic was never planned to be in Brawl; he was added in at the last minute. If they haven't added Layton already, he could very well be the same.
I guess, but then Layton would need A LOT of support in order to achieve that. Sonic's amount of requests went off the radar when people found out that he was a possibility. If Layton isn't planned now, at best I can see him end up like Megaman and get included in the next game. As much as I hate to admit it. :/

D

Deleted member

I guess, but then Layton would need A LOT of support in order to achieve that. Sonic's amount of requests went off the radar when people found out that he was a possibility. If Layton isn't planned now, at best I can see him end up like Megaman and get included in the next game. As much as I hate to admit it. :/
I guess we'll have to find out...unfortunately...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, for this game at least we would just have to wait and see, but that doesn't mean we should put our support for the good professor aside. ^_^

For now we should just try and raise support.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, for this game at least we would just have to wait and see, but that doesn't mean we should put our support for the good professor aside. ^_^

For now we should just try and raise support.
Indeed.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone have any ideas for Event Matches with Layton in it?

D

Deleted member

Anyone have any ideas for Event Matches with Layton in it?
Perhaps one with the puzzle solving stage I mentioned earlier where you have to solve all the puzzles before your opponents? Could be called "A True Gentleman Leaves No Puzzle Unsolved".

Or one where you play as Layton and fight against Wario; trying to beat the opposite of a "true gentleman". :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Event Matches? I had an idea or two in the Event Match ideas thread. Too lazy to dig it up though....
I know, I just am looking for more ideas.

If you could replace one character in Brawl with Layton, who would it be?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wouldn't want to get rid of anyone from Brawl even for Layton. I wouldn't even see why he can't coexist with them since he has nothing to do with them. If we can only have limited third parties though then I guess either Snake or Sonic... :/

D

Deleted member

I know, I just am looking for more ideas.

If you could replace one character in Brawl with Layton, who would it be?
Honestly, I don't see the point of doing that; he has nothing to do with the Brawl cast and can coexist with them just fine; theres also no characters I don't like I would replace with him because they all could be reworked to be better characters (Link, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf are the only ones I don't like, but thats besides the point).

On another note, I'm thinking of making a few of my own Layton codecs; I would like help with putting in the images and changing the colours of the text, if anyone could help.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
On another note, I'm thinking of making a few of my own Layton codecs; I would like help with putting in the images and changing the colours of the words, if anyone could help.
Well, you can find the sprite images I've cut here --> http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...smash-bros-thread.324333/page-6#post-15506763 Just copy and paste them over.

If you want to change the font colours click on the button on the task bar. ^

And I'm pretty sure you know the rest.

Hope this helps. Have fun. And if you have more questions, feel free to ask. ^_^

D

Deleted member

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Alrighty then. ;)

Gee I kinda miss that line, they haven't used it anymore ever since they started on the prequels... :T

D

Deleted member

Alrighty then. ;)

Gee I kinda miss that line, they haven't used it anymore ever since they started on the prequels... :T
Perhaps they'll use it again in Azran Legacy; it could be tell how he first started using the line. :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Perhaps they'll use it again in Azran Legacy; it could be tell how he first started using the line. :p
I'm not sure if people are going to find this spoilerific or not so I'll put it within a spoiler tag just to be safe.

[collapse=Spoiler to Azran Legacy... I guess....]Nah he doesn't actually, well at least not at the end of that game. But I guess he could in the translated versions I suppose.[/collapse]

I think the reason why Layton doesn't use that line anymore at least in Last Specters Call and Miracle Mask (and the movie) is probably because Emmy tags along with him along with Luke now so the writers probably find it too much of a hassle to make him say "That's what a lady and gentleman do" or whatever. I don't know really. :T But it was a part of that which made the ending of Unwound/Lost Future so memorable for me but oh well I guess... :/

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure if people are going to find this spoilerific or not so I'll put it within a spoiler tag just to be safe.

[collapse=Spoiler to Azran Legacy... I guess....]Nah he doesn't actually, well at least not at the end of that game. But I guess he could in the translated versions I suppose.[/collapse]

I think the reason why Layton doesn't use that line anymore at least in Last Specters Call and Miracle Mask (and the movie) is probably because Emmy tags along with him along with Luke now so the writers probably find it too much of a hassle to make him say "That's what a lady and gentleman do" or whatever. I don't know really. :T But it was a part of that which made the ending of Unwound/Lost Future so memorable for me but oh well I guess... :/
Ah, I see.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Our good Professor is up on Rate Their Chances.
Yup, I was kinda worried that he would probably do awfully with people calling it an obscure franchise or whatever but he's actually doing pretty well. At least in the want department, most seem to be either indifferent, don't mind him or do want him in the game which I'm pretty happy to see.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised people give him such a very low rating.
I wouldn't really blame them, it is the fact that it's a third party franchise that is really standing in Layton's way. Had he been a first or second party character I'm sure people would have rated him higher as most have said, it's a very successful series and a big one on Nintendo's handhelds, the only thing that is getting in his way is the fact that he's a third party character. Which is probably the reason why we really should push for his support. :T

@ Anorak

Those are some pretty nice pictures, yes. I guess I will include the colour swaps to the colour swap section. ^_^

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So apparently today, Level-5 announced a new Layton game for the 3DS, IOS and Android and Hino wasn't kidding when he said that it would be completely different from what we are used to.... I guess I will just show the images.

This is Layton 7. It's a Role Playing Puzzle game.

Looks kinda London Life-esque. I'm not really sure what to say, I think I need to see some more images and gameplay videos before I can make some concrete judgement since we know so little about this but oh well. What do you guys think?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So apparently today, Level-5 announced a new Layton game for the 3DS, IOS and Android and Hino wasn't kidding when he said that it would be completely different from what we are used to.... I guess I will just show the images.

This is Layton 7. It's a Role Playing Puzzle game.

Looks kinda London Life-esque. I'm not really sure what to say, I think I need to see some more images and gameplay videos before I can make some concrete judgement since we know so little about this but oh well. What do you guys think?
I'm not quite sure what to think, yet, to be honest.

Top Bottom