• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phoenix Saga Pt.1 - December 10th, 2011 - Ann Arbor, MI

Zinoto

Smash Lord
3: Zinoto ($25.00) :diddy:
? ?
:yeahboi:

Shoutouts!

1: Shugo :falco: :metaknight: :pit: ($90.00) - I thought you'd have a heart attack from all of my salty runbacks :awesome:. You're really good at punishing bad habits, hopefully I get to play you again too. Definitely a top Falco player.

2: Sparta Kick :snake: ($40.00) - YOOO I wish I was recording our pool set. Knocking off my barrels with a grenade --> uair --> death at 70% = ****. You and Oblivion are really cool people. Can't wait to play you again, I'll be bringing the salt :cool:

3: Zinoto :diddy: ($25.00) - Did way better than I thought I would've.

4: Lain :popo: :metaknight: ($15.00) - Your advice from last tournament was really helpful. You've got a lot of tournament experience and it was really fun playing you. I think I took you by surprise since I improved quite a bit from last tournament. Hopefully, I get to play you again, definitely one of the most of exciting matches I've had in a while.

5: Roller :popo: ($8.00) - So glad I got to get some IC practice with you, really helped with me and Lain's match. The advice you gave me about going in with the right mindset was really helpful too. I've been practicing MK and I can help you with the :popo: - :metaknight: match up. I'm gonna watch some double matches so I can do a lot better next time. You carried me so hard in some of those matches. Me and you in GF next time (singles and doubles). :cool:

5: Anther :pikachu2: ($8.00) - Now that you came to this one, you must come to every other one as well >:D. Your :pikachu2: is godly and so are those skull bashes :yeahboi:

7: Azure Kenny :snake: :metaknight: - YOOO I was waiting all tourney to play you. Maybe next time ^_^

7: Blue Rogue :popo: - Didn't get to play you, but hopefully I will sooner or later.

9: Coco :olimar: - Good stuff in doubles, Olimar's pivot grab is so broken lol

9: Tutu :sheilda: - You are one of the most accurate players I've ever seen. You punish everything so well. Keep playing, maybe one of these days we'll actually get to play each other in bracket xD.

9: Duck :falco: - Just legit all around huh?

9: Gio :metaknight: - :yeahboi:

13: Oblivion :snake: :falco: - Really chill dude. Glad I got to meet you and SK, hope you guys can come to more tournaments out here.

13: Tech_Chase :dedede: :snake: :wario: - Hype match between you and SK. So sad we still didn't get to play, next tourney though :)

13: Arc :pit: - Good stuff in doubles, I've never played a good Pit before, hopefully we can play again sometime.

13: Suyon :falco: :gameandwatch: - Didn't get to play you, but saw your match against Lain. Planked the life out of him. Good stuff!

17: Juggleguy :snake: - Didn't know you could play Brawl, and you're pretty legit. Hope to see you at more of these, you can take some more games off of thugz.

17: Scala :metaknight: :falco: - Didn't play, thanks for coming though

17: LOE1 :wario: - The legend.... you're Wario is getting pretty good, but you gotta just play bait and punish. I wanna see top 10 next time.

17: Mr.C :falco: - Nice friendlies, you've got infinite bullets SPAM!

17: LordHelmet :falcon: - Never knew Falcon could be played that well. You put in so much work, definitely earned some mad respect.

17: What's The Point :falco: - YOOOOOO the sandbagging though. Gotta start playing serious again >:D

17: ORI_bro :metaknight: :marth: - We had some really good sets. We definitely gotta play again sometime. Our MMs were really close too.

17: PzO : - Didn't play you, but thanks for coming out

25: Thugz :metaknight: - Stick with 1 character and learn that character. You've got the potential to be so much better.

25: Legit :random: - Didn't get to play you, thx for coming though

25: Gifts :metaknight: - YOO Where's the Diddy at? Hopefully I get to play you next tourney :awesome:

25: Red :sheik: - Keep at it. Sheik's really good at punishing stuff. Keep a level head a don't rush the match. People do some really crazy things sometimes, Tutu's really good at punishing stuff.Really glad you have him to help you out. Hope to play you next time.

25: Amity :snake: - Nice Snake, if you get a little better at reading spot dodges and rolls you'll be able to **** a lot of people.

25: Auspher :wolf: - Glad to see you were able to make it out here.

25: BladeYKM :marth: - Didn't play but thanks for coming out to the tourney.

33: Jawsome :pikachu2: - Didn't get to play you, but I saw a couple of your matches. Good stuff keep it up and come out more.

33: Rikku :lucario: - Didn't play but thanks for coming!

33: Robjoe :lucario: - Good games in pools

33: Xatic :wolf: - Good games in our MM. Tough pool man, every character that's like +2 wolf. When you get matches like that pick stages like BF, stay on platforms, and be evasive.

33: FireCrotchDDD :dedede: - Didn't play but thanks for coming!

33. Jiffyboob :wario: - I saw one of your pool matches, good stuff.

33: SuperTH :fox: :mario2: - Didn't play but nice meeting you. Next time let's run a few friendlies ^_^

33: Apasher :dedede: - Your getting better, but you're missing some of the key factors that are character specific. I was expecting to see a Falco/Marth this tourney, but you wound up using DDD. Stick with a character and make it your own. You'll advance a lot quicker this way, look at some of your videos and write down your mistakes to see what went wrong (or have a more skilled player look at them with you). But you gotta choose one character and keep coming out to the tournies ^_^.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Before I do real shoutouts...I feel like I have to do this first. This has been eating at me for a while and I won't rest until its done.

THUGZ

I may have made fun of you in the past and I apologize. But that's just how we do things here in MI. It was nothing personal. But I am sorry. But now I have to be real with you because you need to read this.

STOP GETTING SO MAD DURING MATCHES

You will continue to lose matches against people my level, better than me and worse than me until you learn how to control yourself. You need to stop getting so worked up and keep your cool. You have a problem with doing so. You will NEVER defeat a player of my caliber playing like a hothead. You let you emotions cloud your judgement during matches...and your judgement and your ability to analyze is EVERYTHING. Its a video game bro...have fun. This is not your career, or your life..this game will have a replacement in less than a year. Have some ****ing fun. Talk to more people and don't get so worked up. People give you **** because you hold a "Kick me" sign on your back. Block out that **** and just play for you and to have fun. Tournaments will be a lot more fun when you master this thought train trust me. Forget your entitlements and "Oh I should beat this guy because of XYZ". Assume everyone is your equal, play to have fun and open your eyes. You are better than 25th at a 40 man tournament. But not if you act like you did this weekend. I am posting this...because I care. If I didn't I'd let you drive yourself nuts. Please take what I'm saying to heart and put your emotions and ego aside. You will thank yourself later. I promise.

- TC

:dedede:

1: Shugo ($90.00) - i'm really glad you came!!! it's always nice to see shugolicious delicious NUTRITIOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
2: Sparta Kick ($40.00) - thanks for letting me use your controller for basically all my matches LMAO. every time i see you at a tournament you've gotten better. best MW snake?
3: Zinoto ($25.00) - yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i gotcha next time son :yeahboi:. but for real. best MW diddy. i'm so impressed by your improvement... we gotta practice together
4: Lain ($15.00) - y so rusty
5: Roller ($8.00) - holy **** teach me how to beat sparta lol
5: Anther ($8.00) - <<<<<<<<<<<<<<3
7: Azure Kenny - <3 my boy. this was one of the most fun dubs tourneys i've done, sorry i ****ed up losers finals :(. im gonna turn you into a :popo: slayer, it's a free matchup
7: Blue Rogue - those bike parts are so confusing! ggs
9: Coco - ban olimar
9: Tutu - where's dat :peach: at
9: Duck - you should play brawl more
9: Gio - free
13: Oblivion - ggs, you've definitely improved son
13: Tech_Chase - :woman:
13: Suyon - ggs
17: Juggleguy - yo your snake is legit for not playing lol
17: Scala - my boy! we should have a music slumber party or something someday :woman:
17: LOE1: The Legend - free
17: Mr.C - free
17: LordHelmet - i love how you play falcon
17: What's The Point - try
17: ORI_bro - go mk next time!!
17: PzO - free
25: Thugz - 6th pillar ***** :denzel:
25: Gifts - go diddy he's more broken
25: Amity - ggs
33. Jiffyboob - ggs

overall this tourney was really fun and it was nice to see people again. kinda reminded me why i like smash tournaments and stuff. wish i didnt have to play zinoto 2nd round tho lololololoolol :evil:

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
Put Marth by my name. If I recall correctly I only used Falco in one match against Pimp Daddy. I played Marth a lot.

Also, thanks again for housing us Gio.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
everyone - free

i just wanted to say congrats to zinoto for ****. i think playing you has kinda made me wanna play again and improve. watch out next tournament imma get that legendary lain diddy practice in
:yeahboi: So much hype for next tournament.

I almost forgot to give a HUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE shoutout to Gio for hosting that Smashfest. He made a lot of this possible and brought a lot of good smashers together. Giofests are always a lot of fun, if anyone deserves props it's you :bee:

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
@Zinoto I switched to :dedede: because I felt the most comfortable with him than with all the other chars I use. I couldn't find a char to stick with back when i was :marth:/:falco:/:metaknight:, then D3 just popped out of nowhere and I decided to stick with him.

:phone:

clowsui

Smash Legend
i can probably guarantee my attendance at the next one.

roller/tech, i'm holding you to my free entry ;)

on second thought, gio's paying for my entry since i don't lose to scrubs :troll:

zinoto $10 MM BO5 at the next one of these. my quest to prove diddy v marth is 50-50 starts here...

i'm really happy this ended up being a good tournament. huge props.

by the way, shugo you played zinoto TERRIBLY wtf. you forgot how to play that MU? let me **** your diddy kong on wifi once more for several hours on end so you can copy my tricks again. props to zinoto for doing well but gd shugo you're *** vs diddy kong
blue 7th? =(
SK at 2nd is sexy keep it up
lain i'm tight you did a 2008 shuttle loop on SK to lose the set. COME AWN

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Great job Shugo!!

Also great job to zinoto/sparta kick, you guys are stepping it up I see!
Much appreciated ^_^

@Zinoto I switched to :dedede: because I felt the most comfortable with him than with all the other chars I use. I couldn't find a char to stick with back when i was :marth:/:falco:/:metaknight:, then D3 just popped out of nowhere and I decided to stick with him.

:phone:
Alrighty, I hope to see you in bracket next tourney you play in :)
Tech's got some pretty good D3 advice under his belt, could be a good resource.

zinoto $10 MM BO5 at the next one of these. my quest to prove diddy v marth is 50-50 starts here...
:yeahboi: Back to the hyperbolic time chamber :cool:

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
yes because i totally play this game and play against diddykong just all the time clowsui lmao.

D

Deleted member

Shugo is also pretty bad at playing Diddy.

He'd rather play Pit.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Nobody likes to play against Diddy Kong. Pretty much the sole reason he is the 2nd best character. It's impossible to have fun when playing against him.

clowsui

Smash Legend
spell dat with a Z, holla

also zinoto hyperbolic time chamber won't do **** for your ***. imma rock your body no homo :yeahboi:

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
i can probably guarantee my attendance at the next one.

roller/tech, i'm holding you to my free entry ;)

on second thought, gio's paying for my entry since i don't lose to scrubs :troll:

i'm really happy this ended up being a good tournament. huge props.

by the way, shugo you played zinoto TERRIBLY wtf. you forgot how to play that MU? let me **** your diddy kong on wifi once more for several hours on end so you can copy my tricks again. props to zinoto for doing well but gd shugo you're *** vs diddy kong
blue 7th? =(
SK at 2nd is sexy keep it up
lain i'm tight you did a 2008 shuttle loop on SK to lose the set. COME AWN
Thanks, and hey... 2008 is legit. No one punishes MK's roll in 2011.

Great job Shugo!!

Also great job to zinoto/sparta kick, you guys are stepping it up I see!

Nobody likes to play against Diddy Kong. Pretty much the sole reason he is the 2nd best character. It's impossible to have fun when playing against him.
I like fighting Diddy. Then again, I main a character that throws **** at people too.

I'll do shoutouts later this week after finals.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
:146:PICTURES:146:

[COLLAPSE="Sparta Kick takes the worst pictures if he looks in the camera .."]
[/collapse]

[COLLAPSE="Lain and Shugo make the cutest interracial couple"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Zinoto: The new talent who ***** MI."]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Gio is rich"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Anther: Yep,he's still alive."]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Roller and Anther: The Pikachus' Revolution?"]
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Azure Kenny: He secretly wants me to **** him."]

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Red: Fueled by Sheik power, he wins the DJ Hero 2 set from the raffle."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Roller

Smash Legend
But Tutu, what dumb matchup are you going to come across in tourney that you wont come across in AA smashfests?

Lain: ICs
Anther: Pikachu
Me: ICs+Pikachu
Gio: Metaknight
Zinoto: Diddy
THuGz: MK+ICs+Pikachu+Diddy

We have you as a sheik, all we're missing from dumb characters in AA is Olimar.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Wow Zinoto. SK, and Roller making waves. Anther making it to a tourney. Ohio coming up! Sounds like a legit tourney(:

It's cool to see a shake-up in results! I'd like to apologize to Kenny and Tutu for bailing last minute. And to the West Michigan Carpool as well. I'm glad you guys were able to make it. See you next tourney? ..maybe?(:

Mr~C

Smash Apprentice
Ehh, im to free to play anymore, Im gonna be like hot_arms and just come to venue now :troll:

1: Shugo ($90.00) - Good stuff

2: Sparta Kick ($40.00) - Yooo your snake inspires me! :p We need to friendly soon! :)

3: Zinoto ($25.00) - What do you mean my bullets SPAM? lmao anyways ggs in friendlies

4: Lain ($15.00) - <3

5: Roller ($8.00) - Friendlies were pretty tight. Nice seeing you

5: Anther ($8.00) - Antherrrrr :D

7: Azure Kenny - Hope you feel good about ****** me lmao, ggs! nice seeing you bro

7: Blue Rogue - GGs man, that wario reminds me of my brothers.. lmao

9: Coco - I couldn't hear you half the time you would say something to me lol but I see you play olimar well! Nice to see you.

9: Tutu - Yoo get wreaked ;)

13: Oblivion - GGs, Nice snake/marth :)

13: Tech_Chase - Yoo you should feel proud of yourself in that one bracket match :troll:

17: Juggleguy - that '09 snake! lmao GGs! Im gonna get wreaked next time I bet :p

17: Scala - Nice game&watch!! Almost got roller!! :D

17: LOE1: The Legend - You'll never beat me in a money match....

17: Mr.C - I quit

17: LordHelmet - A captain falcon! Always good to see people main a different character. Thanks for coming! :)

17: What's The Point - "I don't like this game". XD I was asking myself too... Whats the point in brawl? lmaoo

17: ORI_bro - Nice seeing you bro bro! lol

17: PzO -You'll place better next time... I hope. O_O

25: Thugz - .....smh.. lol, its all good my dude, don't rage

25: Gifts -I saw you around, nice to see ya.

25: Red - GGs! I see the next tutu lol.

25: Amity - I was spectating your matches, Nice Snake!

------Pools Cutoff-------

33: Xatic - Glad I didn't have your pool! Im sorry bout that :/

33. Jiffyboob - GGs, nice wario

33: Apasher - ........ Pangus?

Zinoto

Smash Lord
3: Zinoto ($25.00) - What do you mean my bullets SPAM? lmao anyways ggs in friendlies
Lol wrong word order. I mean SPAM your bullets. You got an infinite amount, might as well make good use of them. Enjoyed the friendlies ^_^

zDuck

Smash Journeyman
1: Shugo - wanted to play more falco dittos :(
2: Sparta Kick - ggs man, playing you is mad fun
3: Zinoto - yooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you should join 6th pillar
4: Lain - pools lol, thanks for giving me a game
5: Roller - good job at this tourney, your 6th pillar application looking really good
5: Anther - meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
9: Tutu - sheik is broken
9: Duck - scrubs
9: Gio - loooooooooooool
13: Tech_Chase - thanks for hosting
13: Arc - ggs man, your arrows are really cool
17: Juggleguy - lol good ****
17: LordHelmet - dat falcon punch
17: What's The Point - you should play melee if you're bored and why would you pick IC's lol you don't even play them
17: ORI_bro - sup lol
17: PzO - much respect
25: Thugz - in both games, you should just calm down while you play, you would do soooooo much better

------Pools Cutoff-------

33: Xatic - yo, good to see you again

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
I am still the best. noob IC get lucky. loooooooooooooooooooooool

ggs tho.

My R.O.B coming back to stay in T-minus 5 days.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
Shout out to Lain and Gio though, those my babies.

And shout out to everyone who went to Bdubs after, Ori, Xatic, Lordy, Coco and co. you guys are my hearts. <3

Top Bottom