• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "PatiKnee" Combo

Patinator

Smash Champion
Greetings, Falcon boards. I come to you as an agent of assistance. I'm adding to the library of combos Falcon has in his arsenal.

Most of you probably don't know me, but I do play Falcon. And for the first time in my career, I've discovered something, a combo in Brawl no less.

Now, a note. Unless otherwise said, all references to Falcon's D-Air refer to the Meteor Smash portion, not the up-and-away hit.

Here is the final quote from resident president, ToKneeOrNotToKnee, in our conversation about it.

Good ol' Knee said:
Alright.

I have the best solution (imo)
I did quite some testing, and the best thing to do, is to simply leave out the first Dair.

making the string: aerial Dair>falling first hit Nair>up b

or (on floaties)

aerial Dair>falling first hit Nair>SH sweet knee

I think the best idea is to call the aerial Dair>falling first hit Nair the Patiknee combo, as all follow ups after it will be part of the patiknee combo.

So we have several patiknee combo endings.

What do you think?

I suggest you make the thread for the patiknee combo. I trust you will include all the info needed to clarify the patiknee combo in the OP of the patiknee thread.

^_ ^
If you can't tell from this message, the combo is as follows.

A D-Air, buffered from a double jump and initial jump, followed by the first hit of N-Air and then an Up B. A garaunteed combo. The seemingly excess hitstun from someone being hit down to the ground from Falcon's D-Air (Or any Meteor, really) is more or less my part of this. There are several other combos you can do with this, like D-Air > buffered sweet Knee or D-Air > buffered U-Air.

There are many other possibilities. You can perhaps lead into this with a normal, grounded D-Air, though THAT is escapable. This combo, D-Air > N-Air 1 > sweet Knee works on floaties, as said in the quote.

In an act of selfishness, Knee and I have named this combo after ourselves. 8P

Discuss the overall viability/awesomeness of this combo here.

Edit note: Hmm, you don't have to be at the maximum height of Falcon's jumping ability for this to work after all. You do for a D-Air > sweet Knee, though.

Edit note 2: I'll clear up confusion here. This combo is only escapable if the opponent techs the ground. And I wish good luck to anyone who actually tries to do that regularly. u_u

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
I think this is a nice one, just be careful using Falcon Dive in combos- its very risky. Good thinking over all though. This isnt inescapable, but it sure looks sexy- a clever find.

btw, Knee, start going to tourneys. I know you'd be good in the circuit. Its time you started raising hell with falcon in your area.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I think this is a nice one, just be careful using Falcon Dive in combos- its very risky. Good thinking over all though. This isnt inescapable, but it sure looks sexy- a clever find.

btw, Knee, start going to tourneys. I know you'd be good in the circuit. Its time you started raising hell with falcon in your area.
First hit Nair>up b is inescapable, it is tested thoroughly and is proven to work.

And yes, I will start going to tourneys soon if all goes well.
Thanks.

Ice`

Smash Rookie
Cant wait to see some more falcon players out there, learn some good combos like this one...and you guys can maybe bring him up to the middle tier :)

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
This was ALL done on 0% Ganondorf

Uh. After some testing, I tried the PatiCombo. FH DAir > First Hit NAir > Up-B. Which, if all moves are fresh, does 35%

On Ganondorf , I found that this combo might be a little more helpful.
FH DAir > First Hit NAir > Jab, Jab > Fthrow > Falcon Kick. Which does 43% After the Falcon Kick, you're in range for a follow up. (Watch out, this also means you're in punishing range if you screw up.)

If you're afraid your opponent will DI out of your jabs, then just use one jab. Which lowers the combo to 41%

You NEED room behind your opponent for this combo. If your opponent is near the ledge, then I suppose you could use FH DAir > First Hit NAir > Neutral A combo. This should rack up damage.

[EDIT] Works on Bowser too.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
ehh could we get a vid up? sounds really cool to look at and i lyk movin pictures.

Patinator

Smash Champion
As far as I tested there is not enough time for a knee to be thrown out on your way down after the aerial Dair.
Knee, Knee, Knee. Tsk, tsk. You can do a Knee, but Falcon must be at the peak of his initial jump when he double jumps, and the peak of his double jump when he D-Airs. I need to edit the first post, you don't HAVE to buffer both jumps for something like D-Air > U-Air or something like that (Including N-Air 1). Curses.

Roager

Smash Ace
Wait what? They can't tech this when you hit them into the ground or am I missing something?
Of course they CAN tech it, but if they don't, then you nair, then upB. If they don't tech the dair, it should be inescapable.

Not a long combo, but if it's inescapable, yay.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Wait wat

I do this on the sandbag all the time.

Like, hit somebody up high with dair, then as they drop and have the odd hitstun, drop a nair/knee on them?

yeah, I do this on the sandbag, never on a real opponent though, its rare to land high up dairs like this.

HOWEVER, if I'm wrong, MAKE A VID SO I CAN SEE WAT U MEEN

Also, theorycraft, possible nudge combo if they pound into the ground?

Red-Blue

Was selected randomly
Alot of people aren't getting this at all.

Maybe a video will help.
-------------------------------------------------------
I got a video of the FH DAir > 1NAir > Falcon Dive.

Uploading in progress...

Zeallyx

Alot of people aren't getting this at all.

Maybe a video will help.
-------------------------------------------------------
I got a video of the FH DAir > 1NAir > Falcon Dive.

Uploading in progress...
..Yes, it seems people are misinterpeting this..
I see you are uploading a vid.
Thank you:)

I wanted to upload one myself, but yours will suffice. Again, Thanks:)

Zeallyx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpk3hYK9B0k

I think this is it, can someone confirm? I didn't do the knee combo, because everyone seems to know what it means. If requested, I'll record the PatiKnee Combo aswell. D:
That vid does not show te Patiknee combo. Although it is interesting, too.
The Patiknee combo requires both you and your opponent to be in the air during the Dair, wich will result in your opponent beeing spiked into the ground and you FF first hit Nair etc.

I could get a vid of the PatiKnee combo up, but if you, Red-Blue, want to upload it, that is fine with me too.:)

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
That vid does not show te Patiknee combo. Although it is interesting, too.
The Patiknee combo requires both you and your opponent to be in the air during the Dair, wich will result in your opponent beeing spiked into the ground and you FF first hit Nair etc.

I could get a vid of the PatiKnee combo up, but if you, Red-Blue, want to upload it, that is fine with me too.:)
So the PatiKnee combo is not actually a combo?

Zeallyx

So the PatiKnee combo is not actually a combo?
..Possibly. But a fast enough fast fall could be able to catch the opponent.

And even if it is not 100% inescapable, all the opponent can do is tech.
Wich will most likely not happen anyway.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
or you could set the CPU to "Jump"
:|

lol

You can't tech footstools btw, soooooo

combos off of footstool GO

Player-3

Smash Hero
I just got your mental image, and I am not liking it.

If you dair to start it, even auto canceling, its not gonna work.

I think.

URGH *goes to test autocancelling moar*
what they mean is

your opponent is in the air and so are you

you do a full hop plus DJ, and DAIR them into the ground

then you single nair them, then follow up

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
what they mean is

your opponent is in the air and so are you

you do a full hop plus DJ, and DAIR them into the ground

then you single nair them, then follow up
Ok, then I misread waht you wrote, my first mental image was correct.

I think

JUST POST A VID

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
I am working on a vid. plz be patient.
MOST EXCELLENT

*begins maniacal laughter and drums fingers together*

But yeah, I wanna see what you guys are talkin about.
The other vid would only work on REALLY GENEROUS tall characters that would be happy to stand still long enough for you to land a non FLYING THROUGH THE AIR dair, or your momentum would easily screw up the combo. If landing dairs is moderate, landing dairs while air controlling like a crazy mofo is crazy hard. XD

Ne Derceh

Smash Cadet
So, why call it a combo, when it isnt really a combo? Please in the OP say something about how it is escapable, just to prevent confusion and misinterpretations.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Gawd, why can't we just all put "PSUEDO" in front of "COMBO" to clear up stuff.

Not like learning new tricksies is something wrong.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
i fell in love with this combo <3
whats better than a patiknee combo? a double patiknee combo :D
after the HYES!, do a double jumped dair>nair>up b again! i managed to get my opponents with that once but they caught up with it soon enough
the good thing about this combo is that even if the dair misses, you can di your fall and still land the nair>up b, i luv it :p

Top Bottom