• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OTL Brawl Ladder: Currently in play!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yay something to get rid of my aggravation : D.

You host?

edit: Vinyl, if you want someone to take over this, or if you're too busy to edit it, I totally can.

\KILLER/

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Challenge: Anyone

Might as well use this since I signed up.:applejack:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
His jiggs destroys me without me going low tier. :I

Yea sure thing Doom. The only low tier are really play though is Zelda. Unless ya still count Yoshi~ =w=

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Oooh your talking about the tourney?
Mm alright. Sent ya a pm.

I feel so guilty using yoshi in a low tier tourney though. He's almost metaknight-ish to them.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Vinyl, do you want someone else to take over this or start a new thread? :v.

It really seems like you don't care about this at all. I am (along with many others, I'm sure) more than willing to take over this if you don't want to do this anymore haha. If you're still going to run it, though, then an update would be nice! ._.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'll tally up all of the points after my matches with NA, then!

Edit: Actually thoughts on this?

Instead of +1 or -1, how about the points go like this?

Losers score divided by Winners Score for points gained and lost. (

51 beats a 49...

They both gain/lose .9608 points.

42 beats a 53...

They both gain/lose 1.2619 points.

It adds decimals, but it'll be more accurate than this! Especially if the points start getting way higher/lower!

Thoughts?

Also

[collapse=Updated Rankings]Red Savarin 54
DTK 53
Ninja-alex 52
Iota 52
Tacket 51
Unrealwarlord 50
Dooms 50
Alberto 49
Moosehead 49
Xiroey 49
Link2thelost90 49
Dexident 49
Vinyl 49
Dyclone 49
Sunnysunny 48
Ruinn 48[/collapse]

Challenge: Anyone

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
No that isn't fair, because if a 30 loses to a 60 then why does the 30 lose more than when he loses to a 40? He was more likely to lose to a 60.

You should add differences like they do in most ladders. +1/-1 when even, +1.2/-0.8 when opponent is higher, +1.9/-0.1 when opponent is A LOT higher etc

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Its not that Vinyl doesn't care. He's got some IRL problems going on right now, so those come first. :>

Btw CHALLENGE: Anyone

EDIT: Hup nevermind. Going to get coffee. Mmm maybe when I get back? =w=

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
No that isn't fair, because if a 30 loses to a 60 then why does the 30 lose more than when he loses to a 40? He was more likely to lose to a 60.

You should add differences like they do in most ladders. +1/-1 when even, +1.2/-0.8 when opponent is higher, +1.9/-0.1 when opponent is A LOT higher etc
Read it again.

Lower score will win more than 1 or lose less than 1.

Its not that Vinyl doesn't care. He's got some IRL problems going on right now, so those come first. :>

Btw CHALLENGE: Anyone

EDIT: Hup nevermind. Going to get coffee. Mmm maybe when I get back? =w=
Oh. Sorry for misunderstanding, Vinyl.

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
I'll start playing here more I need some improvement. But first I'm curious on how a certain player plays when his points are on the line. I've seen you play casual matches before but this is a different situation

Challenge: Xiroey

PM me if you accept

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
When i have time and the internet i'll start getting back into this. I haven't lost points yet? Huh..kool.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Nvm, now that I think about it, that wouldn't be fair at all.

How about this:

[COLLAPSE="New Point formula"][COLLAPSE="Purpose"]The purpose of this formula is to reward lower ranking players for defeating people higher up. This also discourages the most skilled players from seeking out lower ranking players to raise their score.

This is done to encourage a more competitive atmosphere. As the difference in points becomes greater, and top competitors gain more of a lead, top players will have to make the choice of either fighting a more skilled opponent with a smaller penalty if they lose, or fighting a less skilled opponent with a larger penalty if they lose.

They are also rewarded more for defeating harder opponents, and rewarded less for taking on opponents lower ranking.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Formula"]((Winners Points - Loser's Points ) x -0.1 ) +1
[COLLAPSE="Examples"]Red wins vs Sunny[/U]

53 - 48 = 5 / 5 x -0.1 = -0.5 / -0.5 + 1 = 0.5

Red: +0.5 Sunny: -0.5

Sunny Wins vs Red

48 - 53 = -5 / -5 x -0.1 = 0.5 / 0.5 +1 = 1.5

Sunny: +1.5 Red: -1.5

Player 1 wins against Player 2

70 - 50 = 20 / 20 x -0.1 = -2 / -2 +1 = -1

Player 1 actually loses 1 point for winning is this scenario so the amount of points recieved/lost on both sides automatically defaults to 0.5

Player 1: +0.5 Player 2: -0.5

Player 1 wins against player 2

10 - 100 = -90 / -90 x -0.1 = 9 / 9 + 1 = 10

Player 1: +10 Player 2:-10

There is no limit to the amount of points a lower ranked person can gain against a higher rank person. There is also no limit to the amount of points the higher ranked person can lose in such a scenario. It is for this reason that it is considered highly risky for the leader of the ladder to take on the person in last place. While this could easily net in an extra 0.5 points, the high ranking leader also runs the risk of taking a hefty loss if he or she loses. The brave low ranking challenger on the other hand is rewarded for taking on such a difficult challange and succeeding.

[/COLLAPSE]

[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Rules/ Restrictions"]- The amount of points won by the winner cannot be any less than 0.5
- The amount of points lost by the loser cannot be any less than 0.5
- There is no limit to the amount of points a low ranked person can win against a high ranked person
- There is no limit to the amount of points a high ranked person can lose to a low ranked person[/COLLAPSE]
[/COLLAPSE]

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sorry about everything. I'm in 12th grade and stuff and school's almost ending.
I haven't even started planning on going to college and take some driver's test.
I can barely manage to work for 120 bucks every two weeks. I want to quit, but I'm too soft to do so. :/

Problems are everywhere, ATM. I really thank you dooms for updating this for me.

Necrotic

Death By Necrosis
Sorry about everything. I'm in 12th grade and stuff and school's almost ending.
I haven't even started planning on going to college and take some driver's test.
I can barely manage to work for 120 bucks every two weeks. I want to quit, but I'm too soft to do so. :/

Problems are everywhere, ATM. I really thank you dooms for updating this for me.
its better to quit than to be fired. i had food poisoning from the food at my job and they fired me because i got sick multiple times during my shift. now i cant work for any company owned by Yum! (pizza Hut, Kfc and Taco bell) ever since than job hunting has been brutal.

Top Bottom