• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OTL Brawl Ladder: Currently in play!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm just going to be a yes-man for Sunny.:applejack:

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
this is pretty much exactly what I meant
Would have made more sense if you didn't try to relate it to the color DK you chose, just made you sound completely stupid to be honest.

Zatch your second definition of sandbagging is flawed imo. When I mained Mario that doesn't mean I sandbagged every time I played against one of Mario's bad match-ups.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What do you mean it's flawed? It's another interpretation that I was assuming, based on recurring contexts suggesting it. I almost always go with the first, as it's accepted to be the better definition.

Also, I should mention this: if you know how to play in Mario's bad match-ups, then my second interpretation still holds. You're not at as big a setback as someone who deliberately picks a character because they know that the character is bad in an MU, and they know that they are inexperienced with said character.:applejack:

Oh, and it should be noted that deficits do not only apply to match-ups in particular. Picking MK, SDing to your last stock, and having to start with your damage at 200% satisfies my suggestion thoroughly, regardless of practicality.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
Would have made more sense if you didn't try to relate it to the color DK you chose, just made you sound completely stupid to be honest.

Zatch your second definition of sandbagging is flawed imo. When I mained Mario that doesn't mean I sandbagged every time I played against one of Mario's bad match-ups.
colour is how i show whether i take it seriosu or not. if sunnysunny was able to pick it up, so can you. :glare:

zmx

Smash Lord
Not entirely sure what the point is this is when AIB has a perfectly functional ladder system already with far more players. Might I add that most of the best wifi players will be on it starting next season (month) so if you want the best competition I suggest you head there.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
There are people like me that strongly dislike AiB.:applejack:

zmx

Smash Lord
Yeah, you have a valid reason to be seeking an alternative.

ATT: Zatch

AIB ladder is seriously not that bad. I haven't encountered a single douchy player yet. Granted the current one is a joke ladder and the real one starts next month but still.

Also this particular system is very flawed anyway. It basically rewards farming the worst players since no matter who you beat the reward/loss is the same.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
colour is how i show whether i take it seriosu or not. if sunnysunny was able to pick it up, so can you. :glare:
I caught on to it, I was just saying that it's stupid.
Not entirely sure what the point is this is when AIB has a perfectly functional ladder system already with far more players. Might I add that most of the best wifi players will be on it starting next season (month) so if you want the best competition I suggest you head there.
There are people like me that strongly dislike AiB.:applejack:
^ that though I don't hate AIB. It definitely has more immature children on it.

im banned from aib ladder for assisting in a cheat.
shoutouts to Lota

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
AIB ladder is seriously not that bad. I haven't encountered a single douchy player yet. Granted the current one is a joke ladder and the real one starts next month but still.
Not that bad relative to what? I didn't say it was bad, I just said I don't like it. I'd rather withhold the reason why I dislike it so much, if you don't mind.:applejack:
Also this particular system is very flawed anyway. It basically rewards farming the worst players since no matter who you beat the reward/loss is the same.
Which is partially why I haven't considered joining yet.

zmx

Smash Lord
Same reason I didn't consider joining.

If this is going to work and become as active as AIB (which will no doubt draw out the best players to join it) we need to devise a system similar to the AIB ladder. By beating higher ranked players (those with better wins) you get more points, and beating lower ones nets you less.

Also there is a thing called diminishing returns meaning if you choose to keep playing the same player over and over you get even less points each time for winning.

I would love to see this become serious but a lot of work and planning will be needed. Kudos to Vinyl for the effort thus far.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Other reason I didn't join was because I didn't feel like playing let alone for a ladder ranking. Though it does seem rather, basic.:applejack:

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Don't you have somewhere else to be? Ya' know like wooing a whale of a lady from a balcony of a mcdonald's?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I wish I could scream. But whatever, Updating later.

This time, doing on a piece of frikin' paper, lol. I can barely organize this list with so many.

I give thanks to the people that are using the commands in bold. Makes things go more faster for me.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'll edit in all of my matches into this post in bold if that'll make it easier, Vinyl.

Later, during school haha.

\KILLER/

Top Bottom