• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Midna for Brawl thread. (Debate the Wolf here!)

Midna In Brawl?

• Only Midna in Brawl!

Votes: 277 30.8%
  • Midna and Wolflink in Brawl!

Votes: 398 44.3%
  • I don't want Midna in there, period!

Votes: 89 9.9%
  • Just give me Wolflink sans Midna!

Votes: 30 3.3%
  • I really couldn't care less.

Votes: 105 11.7%

• Total voters

vesperview

Smash Hero
Ok, this argument is turning really stupid and never-ending, the guy is not proving anything, he's just been upping his post count for the last two and a half weeks, with so called "patterns and game role" arguments, it's ridiculous, there's nothing preventing Midna from being a PC and I still don't understand how Sheik doesn't count as a one timer Zelda character just like Midna who got into a Smash game, please, Sheik destroys that argument altogether, whether she is a transformation of Zelda or not and patterns can be broken, specially if they haven't even been established by the game's creator as such, so all of that is bullshit, *sigh* Now, can we go back to discussing Midna instead of trying to debunk stupid arguments from the guy who has no better thread to be in?

Why does Sheik's reason for getting in provide a reason for Midna to get in?

Tell me - did Sheik get in for "current popularity", or for being an aspect of Zelda?

Vesperview, I know you hate being wrong, but I don't know what I can do about your little problem with being perpetually wrong at all times.

And UsernameLink, there ARE other characters that have just as much importance, if not more so, than Midna - Tingle and Vaati, for instance?

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Well, I'd prefer that Cel Link gets in (if there only happend to be one more rep after Ganondorf), but I'd also love Midna! Here is a moveset I made for her:

^Special Twilight Warp: Similar to the warp on the Bridge of Eldin. It sucks up Midna and spits her out closer onto the stage.

>Special Dark Dash: Without Wolf Link, this would work kind of awkwardly because it's Wolf Link that always dashes at Midna, but anyways...You control a "dark ball of energy" with in a certain radius, and Midna dashes towards it when you have selected your desired location.

Neutral Special Dark Ring: Hold the button for a ring to progressively come out of Midna. Anyone caught within the ring is marked. After releasing the button, Midna attacks all those that were marked.

vSpecial Dig (If paired with Wolf Link): Wolf Link digs under ground then pops out somewhere and deals damage to those above him.

FS ???

If not paired with Wolf Link, I can't see what another possible vSpecial could be so...

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Another (stupid) idea that popped in my mind is if Zelda could transform into Midna in the sense they tag into each other. I think it would be un-expected and pretty cool, but a loooooong-shot!

vesperview

Smash Hero
One time, non recurring Zelda character, genius! By your logic, Geno couldn't even be considered for a playable spot and don't tell me he's an exception, Geno is the clear proof that Sakurai is interested in these types of characters.

Tell me - did Sheik get in for "current popularity", or for being an aspect of Zelda?
As if even you know the answer to that, she was just implemented differently, doesn't change the fact that she got in.

Vesperview, I know you hate being wrong, but I don't know what I can do about your little problem with being perpetually wrong at all times.
Haven't you stopped to think that maybe you're the one who's wrong? For one, you haven't proven a thing in this thread, second, no one agrees with you and third, you're just here for the sake of the argument, no person can be as stupid enough as you to spend two and half weeks arguing something when it is as clear as water that both parties won't reach an agreement and don't try to sound like a know it all, please, it doesn't suit ******* like you.

Just look at your argument, is pathetic, "didn't happen in Melee, won't happen in Brawl"

GTFO!

You can keep arguing everyday till the release of the game and you still won't be able to prove ****.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman

And UsernameLink, there ARE other characters that have just as much importance, if not more so, than Midna - Tingle and Vaati, for instance?
Tingle has never done anything important is the games (unless you count stealing my god **** money) and vatti has been a boss in less important zelda game and doesnt have a great populartity (and has only been in a real form in one game)

Yeah, he's only the first and only Zelda character to have a spin-off, and one of the very, very few characters who have been playable in any form.

Very unimportant.

And Vaati was the main antagonist in Four Swords and Minish Cap - why are they unimportant? FS is the first multi-player game, and Nintendo seemed to think Vaati and the series was important enough to continue with two sequels, both which did very well in sales and reception.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well good news Midna fans, it seems that Tingle is a AT according to the findings one the Jump thread (on the general Brawl Topic).

So it looks like that cheap a** Tingle is finally put to rest;)

Now, it looks like Midna's only real comp is the minish who was the main villian of 2 unimportant LoZ titles and Ganon's b**** in another not very important one. This makes me happy.:p

Yeah, Nintendo really considers FS unimportant. They may have made more sequels to it than they did to TP, but hey, why let truth, reality, logic, fact, etc. block you?

Black/Light, I can officially confirm you as a terrible Zelda fan - you basically troll Zelda games just so you can defend Midna. Wow, that's kinda freaking weak of you.

Oh, and just to note, you're using a GFAQs post to defend yourself to say Tingle's an AT.

Regardless of characters becoming ATs, it's pretty much indisputable who is more important.

Tingle:

1. Six appearances in main Zeldas, two spin-offs.
2. Supported by Nintendo's GBA-GC functionality to be playable in Wind Waker.
3. Has an item, several characters based on him, etc.
4. Appeared in Melee.

Midna:

1. One appearance.
2. Focus of the story.
3. Link's support character (ie, Navi, Tetra, etc.)

Fact of the matter is that Tingle is more important than almost every Zelda character in the series. He may not have plot focus, but he got his own series, and has had roles in almost every Zelda game released since 2000 (save for Four Sword, Twilight Princess, and Phantom Hourglass - although we see him in promotional art for it).

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
So, vesperview, Black/Light, and anyone else who becomes active in the thread between now and whenever,

If Midna does become playable, how do you think they will alternate her color schemes? That seems to be something that I wouldn't know how to do. Unless, they change the blue markings on her body to other tinted colors. :/

Black/Light

Smash Master
So, vesperview, Black/Light, and anyone else who becomes active in the thread between now and whenever,

If Midna does become playable, how do you think they will alternate her color schemes? That seems to be something that I wouldn't know how to do. Unless, they change the blue markings on her body to other tinted colors. :/
Humm, IDK. I think her half dead colors could be her white color. But I would assume the head dress/ hair would change with each color before the markings.

And don't worry "A_Link_To_The_Snich", I haven't forgotten about you. . . .just strapped for time right now.

And the source saying Tingle is a AT is this. . .
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134394

Some of our members are acttively translating post that are from a Japanese forum. Japan had a brawl demo at thier JumpFesta resently and tons of news about Kriby/ Wario (who where playable) and ATs/ Items/ Stages popped up there along with other goods.

I will reply to you after Blood+ is over. . .

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I like them all. :]
They all have their own kind of specialty to them. I especially like the last one.
But don't you think that they'd change hair colors as well?

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
The helmet shouldn't change though, it wouldn't look good.
Yeah, you have a point there. Changing the helmet color would make her look odd. I think just the hair and body color change would be good enough.

BTW, Congrats on winning runner-up in most sarcastic. Although, I think you should've won it.
That, and I really like your sig. :p

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Thanks, the one who won is a lot more sarcastic than I am though, lol, next year FTW!
Well, I actually have no idea who the winner is. Never heard of 'em. Go figure.
Lol, but definitely next year FTW. :]
I might even try and get something.
But that's a little off topic.

Meh, I really hope Midna's in Brawl.
I guess only a few weeks and we'll know. :D

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, Nintendo really considers FS unimportant. They may have made more sequels to it than they did to TP, but hey, why let truth, reality, logic, fact, etc. block you?
Look here person, Im not about to get into yet another restarded agruement with you so expect this reply to be the end on my front.

The 4 swords era games are called that because they are a era. A few games made to have more than one player in them in some time spand. That era ended with the last 4 swords game.
(And what kind a BS is TP not having a sequel? I guess we are to expect a new LoZ title for the Wii soon. . .)

Black/Light, I can officially confirm you as a terrible Zelda fan - you basically troll Zelda games just so you can defend Midna. Wow, that's kinda freaking weak of you.
Oooohhh, good for you. I don't really care how you label me, fact is these games where not big/ important to the over all series.

I think Bowser Jr will be a PC but if he had only appeared in NSM and other hand helds but NOT big, important games like MSS and SMG than I surely wouldn't think too highly of him.

IMO the 4 swords era is the LoZ's closest thing to Mario sports games. Not huge, is a sub series and are made to fill up time between the bigs in a 4 player style game. Difference is that Mario sports games sell like hot cakes and the 4 swords era is more low key.

What ChronoBound said in his roster thread is pretty much how I see it. . .
Vaati: Vaati is the second most re-occurring villain in the Zelda series. He was the main villain in Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, and Minish Cap. However, none of these games are considered major Zelda titles, nor did they sell really good. Also, the only game Vaati had a humanoid form in was Minish Cap. Most of Vaati’s popularity has also disappeared by the time Brawl was officially unveiled, and Midna has taken his place as the popular “new face” of the series. I expect the eyeball version of Vaati to make it in as an Assist Trophy, with the “human” Vaati appearing as a trophy or sticker.

And yea, Japanese people lie too. . .but they also tell the truth as well. It's not like only one person saw him (Tingle) ATing it up in the demo and what nots.

Now that Im done with ALTTS I will comment on the recolors. I would recolor the hair more so than the bodies but they look good.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, most characters don't change hair color, Peach and Zelda are the only ones so far who change hair color, Midna could be an exception, but I don't see how it would work.
I guess you're right.
The more that I think about, it would only make sense if they kept the hair color.
So I guess you're right.
Although it would be totally awesome to see multi-colored hair Midna. :]

Black/Light

Smash Master
Come to think of it, most characters don't change hair color, Peach and Zelda are the only ones so far who change hair color, Midna could be an exception, but I don't see how it would work.
I don't think Midna would be called a exception. . . I mean, they all have a common theme to them ( Princesses with long hair:p).

Now that I think about it, Zelda changes her hair color into 2 different colors in brawl (Silver/White and blond).

But either way, I kinda see Midna like Pika/ Sonic and Jpuff. . . might not look too good if the primary color of her fur changes too much.

Look here person, Im not about to get into yet another restarded agruement with you so expect this reply to be the end on my front.

The 4 swords era games are called that because they are a era. A few games made to have more than one player in them in some time spand. That era ended with the last 4 swords game.
(And what kind a BS is TP not having a sequel? I guess we are to expect a new LoZ title for the Wii soon. . .)

Oooohhh, good for you. I don't really care how you label me, fact is these games where not big/ important to the over all series.

I think Bowser Jr will be a PC but if he had only appeared in NSM and other hand helds but NOT big, important games like MSS and SMG than I surely wouldn't think too highly of him.

IMO the 4 swords era is the LoZ's closest thing to Mario sports games. Not huge, is a sub series and are made to fill up time between the bigs in a 4 player style game. Difference is that Mario sports games sell like hot cakes and the 4 swords era is more low key.

What ChronoBound said in his roster thread is pretty much how I see it. . .

And yea, Japanese people lie too. . .but they also tell the truth as well. It's not like only one person saw him (Tingle) ATing it up in the demo and what nots.

Now that Im done with ALTTS I will comment on the recolors. I would recolor the hair more so than the bodies but they look good.
1. And Minish Cap is the last game why? They weren't making a Four Swords game for the DS for giggles.

2. You wouldn't think Bowser Jr. should be in if he was "only" in the best-selling Mario game since Super Mario Land 2, 15 years before it? Wow. What, are you just that biased against handhelds?

3. Minish Cap was just as important as any other game. Hell, it included several allusions, including to the White Sword's creation, Pegasus Boots' creation, etc. They didn't stop with TMC, they just haven't made any sequels yet, even though there's a rumored Four Sword sequel for WiiWare. And a Wii Zelda sequel? It's not necessarily a sequel to TP. Hell, it could be a new Wind Waker, a Four Swords sequel, etc.

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
Hey Vesperview, make photoshop recolors with Wolf Link and Midna, please!!!

BTW the Midna recolors are really nice too:)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Hey vesperview, your Midna recolors are so awesome. Too bad for no change in the hair, but I understand. You don't mind if I show it to my friends?

vesperview

Smash Hero
Hey vesperview, your Midna recolors are so awesome. Too bad for no change in the hair, but I understand. You don't mind if I show it to my friends?
No, I don't mind, go ahead.

Hey Vesperview, make photoshop recolors with Wolf Link and Midna, please!!!

BTW the Midna recolors are really nice too:)
Ok, I'll do them later today.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
No, I don't mind, go ahead.

Ok, I'll do them later today.
*clears throat*

Vesperview, if you could, take me off your ignore list. I've got something I want to say to you, via pm.

On topic: Ok I'll bite, I'd be cool to pick the Twilight Princess in Brawl. And I'll even spear you supporters and I won't be a jerk and say "Ganon and Vaati will make it in before her, thus she's not getting in! DECONFIRMATION!!" Ya know, like a noob.

I'm ShadeNexus and I support this thread.

Midna for Brawl.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace

Black/Light

Smash Master
*clears throat*

Vesperview, if you could, take me off your ignore list. I've got something I want to say to you, via pm.

On topic: Ok I'll bite, I'd be cool to pick the Twilight Princess in Brawl. And I'll even spear you supporters and I won't be a jerk and say "Ganon and Vaati will make it in before her, thus she's not getting in! DECONFIRMATION!!" Ya know, like a noob.

I'm ShadeNexus and I support this thread.

Midna for Brawl.
If he has you on his Ignore list than he probly wont see this inless I quote it. . . so heres your quote.

Top Bottom