• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Spatman

Smash Ace
I wasn't sure if more votes from the same IP would have been accepted, or rather canceled, so I cast only three votes from three different IPs. But now I have some regrets... maybe I would have done better if I had casted a vote per day...
they asked for a single vote per person, but still...

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I wasn't sure if more votes from the same IP would have been accepted, or rather canceled, so I cast only three votes from three different IPs. But now I have some regrets... maybe I would have done better if I had casted a vote per day...
they asked for a single vote per person, but...
Well, what if there are several people living together and they shared the same IP...?

Spatman

Smash Ace
Well, what if there are several people living together and they shared the same IP...?
they collaborate and choose together..! :p
jokes aside, 3-4-5 votes ok... but more than these... I feared there was a maximum limit of votes from the same IPs and that more votes could be canceled and the IP disqualified.
But probably it would be better trying to cast how many votes possible

Kiseki~

Smash Rookie
Yeah, we are not sure if votes from the same IP adress actually count...But oh well, at least I can say "I tried".

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Lately, I casted LOTS of votes for Dixie...Let's keep our fingers crossed...
Ah, you can add me to the supporters list of course.
My bad if my english isn't correct, but I'm italian, ahah!
Cool. I think it's neat how many super supportive European fans Dixie has. Off the top of my head, there's you, Spatman, and DixieJiggly, but I'm probably forgetting a bunch of people, haha. I admit that I don't usually look at people's locations unless they bring them up, so if you're a Dixie fan living in Europe, feel free to make your presence known. I don't mean to exclude you.

Also, I really respect people who are willing to deal with language barriers to come here to talk about how awesome Dixie is. I find it really impressive, honestly.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Cool. I think it's neat how many super supportive European fans Dixie has. Off the top of my head, there's you, Spatman, and DixieJiggly, but I'm probably forgetting a bunch of people, haha. I admit that I don't usually look at people's locations unless they bring them up, so if you're a Dixie fan living in Europe, feel free to make your presence known. I don't mean to exclude you.
I'm European. :3

Incidentally, I tried a similar project in the K. Rool thread, so I want to do it with Dixie too. I'm going to see how many of Diddy's moves can realistically be ported to Dixie to see if the "clone" concept is valid.

Neutral-b - If the peanuts were replaced with bubblegum balls or feathers, I can see it. The animation might need to be changed, but otherwise this is one of the few moves I think would translate well.
Side-b - The flying kick is fine, but no way can I see Dixie grabbing onto the opponent and smacking them down. Way too savage for her.
Up-b - Dixie doesn't have a jetpack. At most, it'd be replaced with a rocket barrel.
Down-b - I don't think this fits Dixie. She isn't really associated with bananas any more than the other Kongs.

Jab - Dixie doesn't even have a tail. At most, she'd use her hair instead.
F-tilt - Punching seems a bit intense for Dixie, but I guess I can see it.
U-tilt - I can see it.
D-tilt - I think this is a bit comical for Dixie.
Dash attack - Dixie doesn't cartwheel, she spins on the spot. This is one of the big distinctions between the two.
F-smash - It's pretty violent for Dixie, but the concept might be okay.
U-smash - See above.
D-smash - This is fine, I think.

N-air - See dash attack.
F-air - Possible, but a bit unimaginative.
B-air - See above.
U-air - See above.
D-air - I can't see Dixie using her fists more than her hair, so I don't see it.

Pummel - I definitely can't see Dixie headbutting someone. Her grab would probably be a tether grab with her hair to begin with.
F-throw - If she grabbed with her hands instead of her hair, yeah, it's possible.
B-throw - See above.
U-throw - See above.
D-throw - See above.

In a nutshell, I don't think many of Diddy's moves translate well to Dixie, since Diddy is designed to be quite a feral and savage fighter who uses crude makeshift weapons and tools. It's possible that some of these moves can work with Dixie, but it'd be very unimaginative and I think most of them would have to have the animations changed to fit her character.

So really, I think the clone debate is pretty unfounded.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Also, I really respect people who are willing to deal with language barriers to come here to talk about how awesome Dixie is. I find it really impressive, honestly.
I'm European as well.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
For some reason I picture Dixie using her hair to constrict an enemy each time she "pummels" them during a grab. That hair must be pretty strong after all, since it once picked up barrels, cannonballs and creatures. Feathers from a mini crossbow would be pretty neat, but that's more Tiny's thing I think; Dixie is definitely known to be a gum chewer. Her D-Tilt could be her sweeping her hair along the floor in front of her, with a decent chance to trip. Seeing her guitar put in action somehow would also be cool, although I'm not sure where it'd make sense in the move-set.

A lot of Diddy's moves in general would look pretty lazy on Dixie, or just off-putting IMO, even if they do have a similar physique (compared to Diddy and Donkey Kong anyway). Then again, I'm pretty biased since I was also a big fan of the Donkey Kong Country show, which gave the characters a lot more personality.

I'd like nothing more than to see a Donkey Kong rep utilise Animal Buddies in their move-set or Final Smash somehow, especially considering how lazy Donkey Kong's FS is (just my opinion).

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
You guys heard of that new supposed leak from Rogersbase and Stealth, Dixie honestly seems to fit the bill remarkably well. Newcomer? Check, Would probably have happened anyway? Check, Didn't win the ballot? Check, Not really shocking? Check

Plus it's supposedly coming in the next two weeks so it could possibly be announced in a direct with Retro's new project

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Last edited:

EliteXit

Smash Cadet

Spatman

Smash Ace
Dixie fits with literally ALL criteria hold in Smash history. But not too many people want her, and for some reason I fear she won't be the character, and that likely she won't be a character for this smash.
But I'm saying again: Dixie fits ALL, she would be perfect from so many points o view. She seems designed specifically for Smash....

Morbi

Scavenger
Dixie fits with literally ALL criteria hold in Smash history. But not too many people want her, and for some reason I fear she won't be the character, and that likely she won't be a character for this smash.
But I'm saying again: Dixie fits ALL, she would be perfect from so many points o view. She seems designed specifically for Smash....
I feel as though her biggest problem is the King K. Rool movement. It hurts both characters, if you ask me. At the very least, both fan-bases have indicated an interest in a Donkey Kong representative and we can only hope that Sakurai decides to choose one of them. Dixie would be the easier of the two, surely. So she always has that advantage.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Personally, I'm pretty skeptical (but, then again, I always am with these things).

I frequently lurk GameFAQs, and from what I can gather from people discussing this on that site, Stealth is a well known troll user over there named RPGrinder. RPGrinder aggressively fights with everyone in leak topics and tends to be a very unpleasant person from what I've seen in their posts. Therefore, I am very skeptical about Stealth's half of the leak. However, I'm pretty sure that seemingly random GameFAQs users have gotten ahold of legitimate information before, so it could be possible.

Roger, on the other hand, I don't know. I'm not familiar with who he is, but everyone keeps saying that he has or had some connection with Nintendo. However, I've also heard it said that he made a fake Twitter account a few years ago advertising a Layton DLC for Brawl (which, obviously was fake).

Dixie does seem to fit the bill in some ways for what they both are alluding to, but I'm not holding my breath. I've been disappointed too many times to get hyped over something that doesn't have completely solid credibility in my opinion.

Either way, we will find out in the next couple of weeks if this rumor is true, as that's when Roger said it would be announced.

Kiseki~

Smash Rookie
I agree with Seth. I raised my hype for a Dixie reveal too many times, but somehow I still hope for her anyway.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Personally, I'm pretty skeptical (but, then again, I always am with these things).

I frequently lurk GameFAQs, and from what I can gather from people discussing this on that site, Stealth is a well known troll user over there named RPGrinder. RPGrinder aggressively fights with everyone in leak topics and tends to be a very unpleasant person from what I've seen in their posts. Therefore, I am very skeptical about Stealth's half of the leak. However, I'm pretty sure that seemingly random GameFAQs users have gotten ahold of legitimate information before, so it could be possible.

Roger, on the other hand, I don't know. I'm not familiar with who he is, but everyone keeps saying that he has or had some connection with Nintendo. However, I've also heard it said that he made a fake Twitter account a few years ago advertising a Layton DLC for Brawl (which, obviously was fake).

Dixie does seem to fit the bill in some ways for what they both are alluding to, but I'm not holding my breath. I've been disappointed too many times to get hyped over something that doesn't have completely solid credibility in my opinion.

Either way, we will find out in the next couple of weeks if this rumor is true, as that's when Roger said it would be announced.
I think Roger is fairly popular on youtube so I don't think he'd want to damage his reputation with something like this, especially since there's not images or anything unlike Omni

I feel as though her biggest problem is the King K. Rool movement. It hurts both characters, if you ask me. At the very least, both fan-bases have indicated an interest in a Donkey Kong representative and we can only hope that Sakurai decides to choose one of them. Dixie would be the easier of the two, surely. So she always has that advantage.
K Rool has popularity and Dixie has relevance and easiness, So they're kinda in this weird situation, it's kinda like Wolf and Krystal but Dixie isn't a veteran like Wolf, I can't even begin to imagine the chaos that will ensue when either of them get announced

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I know it's been said before, but in an ideal world, Diddy would be in Melee, Dixie / K. Rool would be in Brawl and the other would be in Smash 4.

It's a shame that both have to fight for a place in DLC. Still, I don't doubt both will make it in due time - if not now, then next game for sure!

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
I know it's been said before, but in an ideal world, Diddy would be in Melee, Dixie / K. Rool would be in Brawl and the other would be in Smash 4.

It's a shame that both have to fight for a place in DLC. Still, I don't doubt both will make it in due time - if not now, then next game for sure!
I wouldn't be so sure, I said the same thing when brawl came out and didn't have either of them.

By the time smash 5 comes out they're going to have even more competition. More "Robins", "shulks", "greninjas", etc.

I'm just hoping the ballot works out so we can avoid that situation entirely.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I wouldn't be so sure, I said the same thing when brawl came out and didn't have either of them.

By the time smash 5 comes out they're going to have even more competition. More "Robins", "shulks", "greninjas", etc.

I'm just hoping the ballot works out so we can avoid that situation entirely.
The distinction here is that, circa Brawl, the Donkey Kong series was a ship without a captain. It was reduced to spinoffs and weird experiments, to the extent that it became a ghost of its former self.

Returns and Tropical Freeze have revived interest in DK in a big way. Dixie's back in the public view and, if the Kremling Kampaign's good work pays off, K. Rool will follow suit in due time.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

That is true. I believe that Dixie and K. Rool should have been in a long while ago. Moreso Dixie and considering the Forbidden 7 exist with her in there shows that she was considered as a fighter and I think that, relevancy and her being easy to be implemented makes her the best DLC choice and should have been in from the start.

I feel like as long as Retro keeps on giving love to the DK series while keeping Dixie in the pack will make the Smash team notice now and in the future.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm European. :3

Incidentally, I tried a similar project in the K. Rool thread, so I want to do it with Dixie too. I'm going to see how many of Diddy's moves can realistically be ported to Dixie to see if the "clone" concept is valid.

Neutral-b - If the peanuts were replaced with bubblegum balls or feathers, I can see it. The animation might need to be changed, but otherwise this is one of the few moves I think would translate well.
Side-b - The flying kick is fine, but no way can I see Dixie grabbing onto the opponent and smacking them down. Way too savage for her.
Up-b - Dixie doesn't have a jetpack. At most, it'd be replaced with a rocket barrel.
Down-b - I don't think this fits Dixie. She isn't really associated with bananas any more than the other Kongs.

Jab - Dixie doesn't even have a tail. At most, she'd use her hair instead.
F-tilt - Punching seems a bit intense for Dixie, but I guess I can see it.
U-tilt - I can see it.
D-tilt - I think this is a bit comical for Dixie.
Dash attack - Dixie doesn't cartwheel, she spins on the spot. This is one of the big distinctions between the two.
F-smash - It's pretty violent for Dixie, but the concept might be okay.
U-smash - See above.
D-smash - This is fine, I think.

N-air - See dash attack.
F-air - Possible, but a bit unimaginative.
B-air - See above.
U-air - See above.
D-air - I can't see Dixie using her fists more than her hair, so I don't see it.

Pummel - I definitely can't see Dixie headbutting someone. Her grab would probably be a tether grab with her hair to begin with.
F-throw - If she grabbed with her hands instead of her hair, yeah, it's possible.
B-throw - See above.
U-throw - See above.
D-throw - See above.

In a nutshell, I don't think many of Diddy's moves translate well to Dixie, since Diddy is designed to be quite a feral and savage fighter who uses crude makeshift weapons and tools. It's possible that some of these moves can work with Dixie, but it'd be very unimaginative and I think most of them would have to have the animations changed to fit her character.

So really, I think the clone debate is pretty unfounded.
Don't see how you concluded that Dixie shouldn't be as feral as Diddy. Diddy isn't feral in his games either, it's just Sakurai has decided to make all the animal characters that way. In the Country games they basically do the same actions just with different animations, and it's not like a cartwheel is more savage than hitting someone with your hair. Gameplay-wise the distinction has always been that Diddy is more about speed and athleticism, whereas Dixie is about using her hair, but neither of them is canonically feral in their main games.

Also how is the banana fitting for Diddy and not Dixie? It's not a canon move. Diddy isn't associated with bananas any more than Dixie is.

If Dixie got in, only way I see her not being feral is if they make her moveset almost entirely hair-based. As much as I'd love that, I find that unlikely, because the main draw for Dixie getting in over more poplar characters is that a lot of her character can be cloned from Diddy, so she takes less dev-time. I feel like they wouldn't give her an entirely unique moveset, because they might as well just make K. Rool then, who is more popular.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Don't see how you concluded that Dixie shouldn't be as feral as Diddy. Diddy isn't feral in his games either, it's just Sakurai has decided to make all the animal characters that way. In the Country games they basically do the same actions just with different animations, and it's not like a cartwheel is more savage than hitting someone with your hair. Gameplay-wise the distinction has always been that Diddy is more about speed and athleticism, whereas Dixie is about using her hair, but neither of them is canonically feral in their main games.

Also how is the banana fitting for Diddy and not Dixie? It's not a canon move. Diddy isn't associated with bananas any more than Dixie is.

If Dixie got in, only way I see her not being feral is if they make her moveset almost entirely hair-based. As much as I'd love that, I find that unlikely, because the main draw for Dixie getting in over more poplar characters is that a lot of her character can be cloned from Diddy, so she takes less dev-time. I feel like they wouldn't give her an entirely unique moveset, because they might as well just make K. Rool then, who is more popular.
When most people say that they're usually refering to characters like Wolf or Lucas, semi-clones who have entirely unique normals and special that are dirivetive from the original, I believe sakurai said they required about 70% of the time a normal character would also Dixie being feral doesnt make sense in my opinion, Diddy is more hyperactive and less patient whereas Dixie is more graceful and intelligent, I just cant see it working, I also cant see her punching and kicking, at least not in the way Diddy does

Skorm Snow-Strider

Smash Rookie
Here's the thing about most silent protagonists, they are whatever they need to be in any given game at any given moment. Its why someone like Mario is a fit for almost any tone of game you throw him in. Luigi is an outlier, but he actually gets spoken lines every once in awhile, and that his contrast with Mario was played up post-Paper Mario.

So what do we know about Dixie as far as personality goes? Nothing really. The best quirk we have that is indicative of her hobbies is rocking out with a guitar, and that's about it. Like I said, characters like her are mostly flexible in that you can do anything with them and it'd still seem in-character. Donkey himself used to be played up to be around human intelligence until Miyamoto ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL a bit more...ape-like, I guess, as opposed to standard hero intelligence.

Dixie being feral doesnt make sense in my opinion, Diddy is more hyperactive and less patient whereas Dixie is more graceful and intelligent, I just cant see it working, I also cant see her punching and kicking, at least not in the way Diddy does
This is the girl who is given a job as a baby sitter, sees her infant cousin, and decides that yes, taking him on a continent spanning adventure through the Kremling equivalent of the industrial revolution to save her boyfriend and Donkey, is a sound idea with no drawbacks whatsoever. I always sort of saw Dixie as tomboyish anyway.

That's neither here nor there. All of the Kongs seem pretty compulsive to me, albeit with some differences. For what its worth, she's completely willing to get in the thick of it and break things as necessary, if Tropical Freeze is any indication.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I found something rather interesting, I was watching a video by Rogersbase called "KING K ROOL SMASH DLC GAMEPLAY" and I was scrolling through the comments when I found this

Turns out Rogersbase supports Dixie, he also said "I'd say 8 or 9 on the hype scale" in reference to this new news.

After all this news came out, He then went on to tweet this
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Which is a gif from that same video, there's also a joke in that video which says "Why isn't Dixie Kong playable - Anita sarkeesian" which was what the comment above was referencing. He's clearly hinting at something with that tweet and I don't think it's K Rool, that'd be too obvious

I honestly feel like a conspiracy theorist right now

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Here's the thing about most silent protagonists, they are whatever they need to be in any given game at any given moment. Its why someone like Mario is a fit for almost any tone of game you throw him in. Luigi is an outlier, but he actually gets spoken lines every once in awhile, and that his contrast with Mario was played up post-Paper Mario.

So what do we know about Dixie as far as personality goes? Nothing really. The best quirk we have that is indicative of her hobbies is rocking out with a guitar, and that's about it. Like I said, characters like her are mostly flexible in that you can do anything with them and it'd still seem in-character. Donkey himself used to be played up to be around human intelligence until Miyamoto ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL a bit more...ape-like, I guess, as opposed to standard hero intelligence.

This is the girl who is given a job as a baby sitter, sees her infant cousin, and decides that yes, taking him on a continent spanning adventure through the Kremling equivalent of the industrial revolution to save her boyfriend and Donkey, is a sound idea with no drawbacks whatsoever. I always sort of saw Dixie as tomboyish anyway.

That's neither here nor there. All of the Kongs seem pretty compulsive to me, albeit with some differences. For what its worth, she's completely willing to get in the thick of it and break things as necessary, if Tropical Freeze is any indication.
I agree with this. Personally I think that while she's more graceful and "girly" than the other 2 kongs, she's still capable of being wild and dangerous. She's not as hyperactive as Diddy tends to be or as brutal as DK can be, but she's still an animal that should be approached with caution. You can't do what they've done in their games without being ready to maul if the need comes to that.

She may be a cute Kong but that doesn't make her less tough.

xWolfiex

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xWolfie55x
3DS FC
2982-1721-1850
I found something rather interesting, I was watching a video by Rogersbase called "KING K ROOL SMASH DLC GAMEPLAY" and I was scrolling through the comments when I found this

Turns out Rogersbase supports Dixie, he also said "I'd say 8 or 9 on the hype scale" in reference to this new news.

Which is a gif from that same video, there's also a joke in that video which says "Why isn't Dixie Kong playable - Anita sarkeesian" which was what the comment above was referencing. He's clearly hinting at something with that tweet and I don't think it's K Rool, that'd be too obvious

All I can say is that Sakurai holds the answer, not them.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

Hmm...very interesting. I've come around on the leak, and I'm mostly on the side of believing it. However, even though this gives me a little hope, I'm still expecting Inkling.

The reason why I'm still expecting Inkling is because Stealth is hyped about this character, and has said that this character is "not shocking". I have seen multiple GameFAQs threads where Stealth, as RPGrinder, actively fought users who were claiming that Dixie was likely or popular. He has also stated that he wants K. Rool instead of Dixie for DK representation. If Stealth's word is trustworthy in this leak (which I think it is), I don't think the character is Dixie.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
With the "hints" given

-Newcomer
-Would have eventually happened anyways
-NOT A BALLOT WINNER
-Makes sense for so many reasons
-1st party

If true I'd definitely say this could fit more characters than Dixie however somewhere in the mix of things it is supposedly said that this character is coming with stage and the stage placeholders are called tiki buzz which is DK related. Also I find it interesting that everyone "in the know' refused to comment on the gender of said newcomer

I mean were the previous mario placeholder slots related to the DLC that actually filled them? No, but a very small part of me thinks it's Dixie because of the stage placeholder names. Just seems a bit odd that they would go out of their way to actually give stages a temporary DKC returns related name like that. Specially since the DK franchise is VERY under represented in terms of everything in Smash.

Now I know K Rool or Dixie didn't appear in that title however according to polls I can promise you K Rool was more of a "ballot winner" than Dixie was so I think this would fit her more than him. Am I reaching a bit? Yes. But those stage names tho... That's just my opinion if I were taking these "hints" seriously.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I think they (developers) just picked the most random name possible (Tiki Buzz) and used it as the placeholder for the new stage. I wouldn't use it as evidence in favor of a new Donkey Kong rep. I want to be proven wrong, though. Even if Dixie isn't in, I welcome a brand new DK stage.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Has anyone made a list of who this rumor applies to? I think it could be the Inkling, Dixie and K.Rool, but I see the king as more of a ballot winner. Anyone have any ideas besides Dixie?

Last edited:

Reila

Has anyone made a list of who this rumor applies to? I think it could be the Inkling, Dixie and K.Rool, but I see the king as more of a ballot winner. Anyone have any ideas besides Dixie?
They said the character isn't from the ballot, so I am ruling out K. Rool. While Dixie is in the ballot, she was considered for Smash before, so I am not counting her as a ballot character and she wouldn't be a surprise for that reason. Chorus Kids also wouldn't be a surprise, since they were considered as well, the Gematsu leak raised a lot of awareness for them and the Rhythm Heaven series is popular (mostly in Japan tho). On top of that, the "who needs squids when you have kids" tweet that made people think Sean was talking about the Inklings could be a reference to the Chorus Kids instead.

It might sound biased since all these characters are on my wishlist, but they are the ones that fit the most. At least that I can remember now.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
They said the character isn't from the ballot, so I am ruling out K. Rool. While Dixie is in the ballot, she was considered for Smash before, so I am not counting her as a ballot character and she wouldn't be a surprise for that reason. Chorus Kids also wouldn't be a surprise, since they were considered as well, the Gematsu leak raised a lot of awareness for them and the Rhythm Heaven series is popular (mostly in Japan tho). On top of that, the "who needs squids when you have kids" tweet that made people think Sean was talking about the Inklings could be a reference to the Chorus Kids instead.

It might sound biased since all these characters are on my wishlist, but they are the ones that fit the most. At least that I can remember now.
Ok so Dixie, Chorus Kids and Inkling. Honestly I haven't been up to date with other popular Nintendo characters, so this doesn't seem biased to me. With this being the Dixie thread, most of us will try their best to make the details apply to her which is cool and all, but since things were so vague I wanted to see who else would fit the description.

Is there anyone else besides these 3 though? Does anyone know of other popular, Nintendo owned, non-ballot winners who'd make a lot of sense? If it's just these 3 then the odds are looking good.

I can see this as the perfect Dash Attack for Dixie.
View attachment 78277
LOL, thanks.

Reila

Ok so Dixie, Chorus Kids and Inkling. Honestly I haven't been up to date with other popular Nintendo characters, so this doesn't seem biased to me. With this being the Dixie thread, most of us will try their best to make the details apply to her which is cool and all, but since things were so vague I wanted to see who else would fit the description.

Is there anyone else besides these 3 though? Does anyone know of other popular, Nintendo owned, non-ballot winners who'd make a lot of sense? If it's just these 3 then the odds are looking good.
The only other Nintendo owned character, non-ballot winner, that would sorta make sense is the infamous Ridley. They are:

- A popular character, being the most requested during the Smash 4 pre-release speculation days
- A first party character
- Likely not the ballot winner, since the presence of the cloned Ridley from Other M in the Pyrosphere stage made a lot of people to give up playable Ridley
- Not a surprise, because even though a lot of people gave up on Ridley, many still hope and expect them to be playable someday.

That being said, I don't think the character is Ridley. Sakurai seems to be adamant on the idea that Ridley can't work as a playable character.

The other characters all feel like ballot material to me, like Isaac and Wonder Red.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
The only other Nintendo owned character, non-ballot winner, that would sorta make sense is the infamous Ridley. They are:

- A popular character, being the most requested during the Smash 4 pre-release speculation days
- A first party character
- Likely not the ballot winner, since the presence of the cloned Ridley from Other M in the Pyrosphere stage made a lot of people to give up playable Ridley
- Not a surprise, because even though a lot of people gave up on Ridley, many still hope and expect them to be playable someday.

That being said, I don't think the character is Ridley. Sakurai seems to be adamant on the idea that Ridley can't work as a playable character.

The other characters all feel like ballot material to me, like Isaac and Wonder Red.
Ah I was thinking Wonder Red, but I wasn't sure how popular he or his game was. He'd make sense in a way, but from what I've seen people think he's not even Nintendo's--which isn't true--but that would surprise people if he made it I guess.

Ridley would be something. It would surprise me personally since Sakurai always says why he "wouldn't work", but he is popular and would make sense, despite what Sakurai usually says about him. So basically we're looking at:
-Dixie
-Chorus Kids
-Inkling
-Ridley

Reila

Ah I was thinking Wonder Red, but I wasn't sure how popular he or his game was. He'd make sense in a way, but from what I've seen people think he's not even Nintendo's--which isn't true--but that would surprise people if he made it I guess.

Ridley would be something. It would surprise me personally since Sakurai always says why he "wouldn't work", but he is popular and would make sense, despite what Sakurai usually says about him. So basically we're looking at:
-Dixie
-Chorus Kids
-Inkling
-Ridley
He is a Nintendo character, but like Isaac's game, Golden Sun, The Wonderful 101 wasn't developed by a first party team. His game is relatively popular for a game that sold really poorly. The reason I doubt Wonder Red is the character is because Sakurai said that characters from franchises that have little future wouldn't be added. Or something like that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
He is a Nintendo character, but like Isaac's game, Golden Sun, The Wonderful 101 wasn't developed by a first party team. His game is relatively popular for a game that sold really poorly. The reason I doubt Wonder Red is the character is because Sakurai said that characters from franchises that have little future wouldn't be added. Or something like that.
I think he can make an exception on The onset Red due to its DLC. Its one of the reasons why I said that this might be his last chance to be in Smash because if he doesn't get in now, the support will drop super hard unless the series get another game and that depends on the sales and demand for that character.

Top Bottom