• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I'm going more on the lines of 1 normal jump, the 2nd is the double jump that everyone has and the 3rd is her Tropical Freeze helicopter which leads to glide/floating hybrid. Her UpB could be something else entirely, like a barrel or whatnot. So, 4 jumps if we count the UpB but 3 otherwise.

I'm probably not gonna use the 3-jumps idea for my moveset but I thought it'd be interesting to share.
Go for it! I can't wait to see everyone's different ideas! The more ideas the better for sure! Also if anyone has a move set and they can't draw I don't mind doing sketches of them after i'm done with mine.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Alright sorry for DBL post but here is what I have to far. The home page (the only page lol) is just about done. Switched some pages around. I included as many hard facts as I could to make a convincing argument as to why she deserves to be in.

The DLC highlight page will be for showing off the moves sets and showing how she would not be a clone and explaining how she would fill the request for more female characters as well as more DK reps. etc... I need to figure out exactly how many females are in the game and do some math to present percentage facts and whatnot. etc.

and The fans have spoken page I'm going to need your help on. Basically it's going to be a whole list of supporters from all over as well as quotes from fans such as why you want her in what makes the character special to you etc.

Im off to bed imm too tired to care about anything right now.Nodding off.. Got too much into my work and lost track of time. Oh and if someone wants to proof read and fact check that would be great! please point out any spelling or grammatical errors you find so far. Thanks.

STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION >> http://dixie4smash.wix.com/votedixie

Edit: One more thing if this site starts getting a crap ton of traffic would anyone be willing to chip in to pay for unlimited bandwidth until October I think plans start at $9 something a month I'm too tired to chaeck right now...

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Recovered from the depths of this thread just for @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer

Dixie Kong Moveset
Double Jump : Tropical Freeze Hair Whirl
She has a float like Peach where she twirls her hair to slow descent.

AAA: Hand Slap, Hand Slap, Hair slam (based on the grab in DKC) (last hit has upward knockback and can meteor smash aerial opponents.)
FTilt: Moves a little bit forward while spinning her hair. Works like Diddy Kongs FSmash
DTilt: Shoots down with her Bubble Gum Gun.
UTilt: Dixie jumps and twirls her hair. Dash Attack: Dixie begins to spin like crazy, twirling her air.
Dash Attack: The Dash Attack from TF

Nair: Twirls around one time with her foot extended. Works as a *** kick, so the first hit has better knock back than the second one, which hits behind her.
Fair: Stomps her feet sidewards like Diddy, but instead uses her hair to give her a boost forwards, like R.O.B's Bair
Uair: Hangs upside down and uses her hair to propel her up, while she kicks five times.
Bair: Like Diddy's bair, but with the boost of R.O.B's bair.
Dair: Dives into the ground head first and twirls her hair for a multihit before headbutting her opponents for a meteor smash

FSmash: Blows a big bubble of bubble gum while charging, then it explodes. Charging extends the range.
DSmash: Crouches and spins her hair.
USmash: Stands on her head and begins to spin around.

NSpecial: Bubble Popgum, like in DK Tropical Freeze
NSpecial: Chargable Popgum: Complete clone of the Peanut Popgun
NSpecial: Light Popgum: Quick and small shots.

SSpecial: Rocket Barrel: Sits on a Rocket Barrel for a short time, in which she travels half of FD.
SSpecial: Slow Barreel: Sits on a Rocket Barrel for a long time, but it goes really slow.
SSpecial: Loop Barrel: Dixie sits on a Rocket Barrel for a somewhat short time and it goes really slow, but Dixie can make loops, with it.

USpecial: Barrel Blast: The familliar Barrel spins around, pressing B again results in Dixie being blasted far away, even farther than Rosalina. If opponents break the barrel though, Dixie is helpless.
USpecial: Aimable Blast: The Barrel no longer spins around on its own, but is aimable by the player. The drawback is that the Barrel blasts Dixie less far.
USpecial: Indestructible Barrel: Blasts Dixie way less (As much as FireFox), but the barrel is indestructible, so Dixie is invincible when in it.

DSpecial: Guitar: Works like Barbara's AT, but only one time and stronger
DSpecial: Rhythm Guitar: Works like Konga Beat: Players have to press the button to make multiple weak waves
DSpecial: Rock Guitar: If charged up completely, Dixie makes one giant and strong blast.

Final Smash: Animal Barrel Mayhem! Dixie goes in a barrel to blast the animal crates and then the Animal buddies go on rampage

Throws Dixie grabs with her hair Pummel: Punches the opponent
FThrow: Dixie rolls over the opponent and then throws it.
DThrow: Dixie just throws the opponent down
UThrow: Dixie spins her hair with her opponent trapped and then sends it upwards.
BThrow: Dixie does her Dash Attacks and then she faces backwards and throws the opponent

FTaunt: Dixie does a loop with a barrel
DTaunt: Dixie uses her bubblegum
UTaunt: Dixie plays a bit of the DKC theme on her guitar and then strikes a pose.(

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not sure about having an extra jump. I'd prefer to just have the helicopter glide as her midair jump, kind of like Luigi and Yoshi's mid-air ones.

:231:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
@ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever your move set sound awesome as heck! It's so cool to see everyone's take on this! =D can't wait to start illustrating some of these for people! SO HYPE!

@ BirthNote BirthNote Seen em on DA! Thanks I'll have those uploaded to the FB page on thursday!

To everybody here i'm taking a small break tomorrow from the boards. Gonna relax on my birthday! Here is a preview of more Donkey Konga styled art I'm doing for the official site graphics.

On Thursday I'll definitely be back to hard work on this campaign! =D See yall later!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
@ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever your move set sound awesome as heck! It's so cool to see everyone's take on this! =D can't wait to start illustrating some of these for people! SO HYPE!

@ BirthNote BirthNote Seen em on DA! Thanks I'll have those uploaded to the FB page on thursday!

To everybody here i'm taking a small break tomorrow from the boards. Gonna relax on my birthday! Here is a preview of more Donkey Konga styled art I'm doing for the official site graphics.

On Thursday I'll definitely be back to hard work on this campaign! =D See yall later!
It was hard to find good moves not already drawn by you.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It would be nice to get both Dixe and K. Rool. Heaven knows the DK franchise deserves it.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
*flips table*
Y'all see this foolishness?
http://smashboards.com/threads/ryu-in-sm4sh.399078/
These sound files BETTER not be for character files. If so...
HOW IN THE FLYING F***... Is Ryu getting in BEFORE ANOTHER DK REP? And even AFTER Sakurai said he only includes 1 3rd party rep per guest developer. Capcom already has Megaman. And even worse a sound file for Roy was found as well. I swear Roy better be a Marth alt skin because it would be straight disrespect to DK if we got ANOTHER Marth clone in smash with Lucina in the roster...

Not gonna lie I am straight up
about this

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
*flips table*
Y'all see this foolishness?
http://smashboards.com/threads/ryu-in-sm4sh.399078/
These sound files BETTER not be for character files. If so...
HOW IN THE FLYING F***... Is Ryu getting in BEFORE ANOTHER DK REP? And even AFTER Sakurai said he only includes 1 3rd party rep per guest developer. Capcom already has Megaman. And even worse a sound file for Roy was found as well. I swear Roy better be a Marth alt skin because it would be straight disrespect to DK if we got ANOTHER Marth clone in smash with Lucina in the roster...

Not gonna lie I am straight up
about this
Calm down, It's got be fake, there is no way sakurai would add a third party like ryu or any character for that matter without at least re instrumenting their victory theme and stage music let alone a remix. Seriously the theme sounds like it was ripped from the super nintendo, which it probably was, cause it's probably fake.

Also Rayman, people need to stop believing these ****ing leaks

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Calm down, It's got be fake, there is no way sakurai would add a third party like ryu or any character for that matter without at least re instrumenting their victory theme and stage music let alone a remix. Seriously the theme sounds like it was ripped from the super nintendo, which it probably was, cause it's probably fake.

Pretty sure it's legit dude, multiple sources have found the same files and the cutting room floor confirmed that the files were there.

This would have to be a very elaborate prank with a lot if people in on it.

I agree it sounds ridiculous but I don't think TCRF would play a prank like that, anyway, I hope you're right because those are two very silly additions in my opinion.

Ryu is an absolutely huge icon to gaming and roy is a clone.

Dixie isnt going to be affected by this anyway as they werr4nt included for the ballot. if anything this is good because they are really behind dlc

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

It's almost proven. Three independent (and two of those are reputable) sources have confirmed. It's not a leak, by the way, more like leftover data similar to Forbidden 7 in Brawl.

It's basically a waiting game now, for Nintendo to confirm or deny it in the coming months.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
It's almost proven. Three independent (and two of those are reputable) sources have confirmed. It's not a leak, by the way, more like leftover data similar to Forbidden 7 in Brawl.

It's basically a waiting game now, for Nintendo to confirm or deny it in the coming months.

I still don't buy it. Also who are those 2 other sources btw? I've only seen one

Also, people can make things up, it's not hard. ESRB DLC leak anyone?

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If Ryu is anything to go by, I wouldn't worry about Dixie's chances too much.

If two third-party characters from the same company can get into the game, there's no reason to think two extremely popular and well-known DK characters can't get in at once.

TheBazry64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheBazry64
If Ryu is anything to go by, I wouldn't worry about Dixie's chances too much.

If two third-party characters from the same company can get into the game, there's no reason to think two extremely popular and well-known DK characters can't get in at once.
There also was no reason for them to not be in the main game since it had 2 new Fe and Ki charaters.
You know what happened.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
There also was no reason for them to not be in the main game since it had 2 new Fe and Ki charaters.
You know what happened.
While doing research for the site I came to a very infuriating discovery... I used to think FE was like some super massive popular game giant over in japan which is why reps kept popping up in smash. The excuse was always "well FE is super big in japan!" NOPE... Found out that only ONE FE game sold over 1 million copies and that FE sells more in the US than in Japan. Also KI sales where a joke compared to other top sellers. Well, all I know is that I'm going to rally as hard as I can to try to get Dixie in. I mean I know this doesn't hurt her chances, it just sucks to know Sakurai is so darn bias.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
While doing research for the site I came to a very infuriating discovery... I used to think FE was like some super massive popular game giant over in japan which is why reps kept popping up in smash. The excuse was always "well FE is super big in japan!" NOPE... Found out that only ONE FE game sold over 1 million copies and that FE sells more in the US than in Japan. Also KI sales where a joke compared to other top sellers. Well, all I know is that I'm going to rally as hard as I can to try to get Dixie in. I mean I know this doesn't hurt her chances, it just sucks to know Sakurai is so darn bias.
Sales aren't everything.

Fire Emblem is popular because the quality is consistent in every aspect, and Awakening was the breakout hit that saved the series from extinction. That said, it's also a series that places great emphasis on characters and has a wide cast to choose from.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is widely regarded as one of the best titles in the 3DS's library, the fact that it didn't sell should not be an indication of the game's quality or its potential for a character-based game like Smash.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Sales aren't everything.

Fire Emblem is popular because the quality is consistent in every aspect, and Awakening was the breakout hit that saved the series from extinction. That said, it's also a series that places great emphasis on characters and has a wide cast to choose from.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is widely regarded as one of the best titles in the 3DS's library, the fact that it didn't sell should not be an indication of the game's quality or its potential for a character-based game like Smash.
Kinda clears things up a little bit and I see where you are coming from and if that's the case then DK should definitely be given the same treatment because ratings/reception wise (not sales wise) DKC2 often pops up in best games of SNES and DKC returns is the same for the Wii while for the wiiU Tropical freeze was nominated multiple times and won at least one nomination. DK games are definitely of quality as well.

*Fingers crossed*

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, you do need to remember that Fire Emblem has been around since the NES, and has 13 games under its belt, which is a lot more than most Nintendo series. It also had a very large cast of characters, and has been very consistent in producing one game after another, which makes it easy to include characters from it while having the creators' approval.

Donkey Kong on the other hand was rather inactive in 2000s, which really didn't help matters, and most of the important characters were missing in action, too. Take Dixie, for example - her appearances in the mains games are in 1995, 1996, and 2014. Or K. Rool, who hasn't been seen in a main DK game since 2000. For a character that has been in hiatus for over a decade, it doesn't really compel you to include them.

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Well, you do need to remember that Fire Emblem has been around since the NES, and has 13 games under its belt, which is a lot more than most Nintendo series. It also had a very large cast of characters, and has been very consistent in producing one game after another, which makes it easy to include characters from it while having the creators' approval.

Donkey Kong on the other hand was rather inactive in 2000s, which really didn't help matters, and most of the important characters were missing in action, too. Take Dixie, for example - her appearances in the mains games are in 1995, 1996, and 2014. Or K. Rool, who hasn't been seen in a main DK game since 2000. For a character that has been in hiatus for over a decade, it doesn't really compel you to include them.

I feel like recognizability should play a factor as well. Your average person who doesn't play video games would still be able to recognize donkey kong most likely, and be familiar with the DK series. Fire emblem on the other hand isn't quite that recognizable, I feel like the average casual /non gamer won't be able to name a single character and most likely has never heard of the series.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I just feel and I'm sure i am 100% alone on this that if they went to go dig as deep NES to include duck hunt (which I understand is the embodiment of zapper games) who did not become relevant again until 2006 in a wii motion mini game that referenced it i believe. Idk maybe the NES remix games inspired a NES themed zapper character. But if I seen that DKC returns did well that would have at least put DK back on the map. And even if tropical freeze came into development late after the roster was chosen and I knew there would be DLC I immediately would have been like "well DK only has 2 reps and 2 relevant games did good let's hook him up with another rep" The Hiatus thing you mentioned definitely makes sense and that was something along one of the lines of what I was thinking but DHD kinda suffered from the same hiatus and still got in.

I feel like recognizability should play a factor as well. Your average person who doesn't play video games would still be able to recognize donkey kong most likely, and be familiar with the DK series. Fire emblem on the other hand isn't quite that recognizable, I feel like the average casual /non gamer won't be able to name a single character and most likely has never heard of the series.
I definitely agree with this. Which reminds me of this vid my buddy showed me the other day had me rollin' 4:45 is SO funny "Are these REAL characters?" and when that one guy is shown a pic of dark pit he was like "This is a joke right?" xD While nobody knew who Diddy was everyone was able to identify DK and that shows how important he is as a gaming icon. His series needs more love in smash. He didn't even get any assist trophies =(

if anything this is good because they are really behind dlc
I like this post alot and you are right I should take this more as a good sign that they are backing DLC this hard!

Last edited:

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that Roy doesn't deserve to be in, he is a melee / pm vet with a fan base. Even though he's not my favorite I'm still happy for his fans.

That being said I'm still not sure either of them is getting in. The only reference to Ryu and Roy was a victory theme. Someone on reddit had a theory that mii's would be getting customizable victory themes so if you make protoman you can give him a megaman victory theme etc. Only time will tell.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Kinda clears things up a little bit and I see where you are coming from and if that's the case then DK should definitely be given the same treatment because ratings/reception wise (not sales wise) DKC2 often pops up in best games of SNES and DKC returns is the same for the Wii while for the wiiU Tropical freeze was nominated multiple times and won at least one nomination. DK games are definitely of quality as well.

*Fingers crossed*
What surprises me most is that DKCTF wasn't even NOMINATED for best soundtrack. Did every game journalist mute the volume or think Jungle Level played on each stage. Seriously it's so annoying.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Don't get me wrong though, I'm not saying that Roy doesn't deserve to be in, he is a melee / pm vet with a fan base. Even though he's not my favorite I'm still happy for his fans.

That being said I'm still not sure either of them is getting in. The only reference to Ryu and Roy was a victory theme. Someone on reddit had a theory that mii's would be getting customizable victory themes so if you make protoman you can give him a megaman victory theme etc. Only time will tell.
Same here I'm not saying they don't deserve to be in. I'm not too sure why Roy was cut in the 1st place. I just hope if he IS in that they switch up his moveset a bit since Lucina is playable. It would just grind my gears to see 2 Marth clones in the game if one isn't a skin. And the Mii thing actually sounds very cool! I hope that's true not in a "let it be true so roy or ryu aren't in" type of way but more so in a "I like the concept" type of way. I'd probably actually play with miis more the more customizable they become.

What surprises me most is that DKCTF wasn't even NOMINATED for best soundtrack. Did every game journalist mute the volume or think Jungle Level played on each stage. Seriously it's so annoying.
O.o Yeah i JUST noticed that! Idk that game had a KICKASS soundtrack! If I could nominate a song for Smash it would definitely be this one! I'd give ANYTHING to play as Dixie with this song playing on a stage
or even

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Same here I'm not saying they don't deserve to be in. I'm not too sure why Roy was cut in the 1st place. I just hope if he IS in that they switch up his moveset a bit since Lucina is playable. It would just grind my gears to see 2 Marth clones in the game if one isn't a skin. And the Mii thing actually sounds very cool! I hope that's true not in a "let it be true so roy or ryu aren't in" type of way but more so in a "I like the concept" type of way. I'd probably actually play with miis more the more customizable they become.

O.o Yeah i JUST noticed that! Idk that game had a KICKASS soundtrack! If I could nominate a song for Smash it would definitely be this one! I'd give ANYTHING to play as Dixie with this song playing on a stage
or even
Scorch n Torch my friend, Scorch n Torch

either that or Windmill hills, I love that song too much

Ohh, or Seashore war...

You know what **** it, every song from tropical freeze should be in the game, that game doesn't have a single bad or even mediocre track

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Scorch n Torch my friend, Scorch n Torch

either that or Windmill hills, I love that song too much

Ohh, or Seashore war...

You know what **** it, every song from tropical freeze should be in the game, that game doesn't have a single bad or even mediocre track
Yeah actually I haven't heard all of the music yet. Trying not to spoil myself before I get to the lvs. I have had Tropical Freeze since Christmas but I am just now getting to really play it because I got a pro controller for my birthday. I find that game hard to play on the Wii U pad. My friend was like "how the heck did you even get to world 2 on that thing" But, Yeah enjoying it alot more with an actual controller! Now my husband and I can play together and I get to be Dixie! =D

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Kinda hoping Dixie has an alt that vaguely resembles Diddy's colour scheme.

Just for kicks and giggles.

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Sorry for dbl post but it's pretty quiet in here...
Anyways got a speedpaint/process vid done for the UP - B move I posted a while back!

In other news the facebook page is doing pretty well - 33 likes.
Our twitter is doing well too - 17 followers
And a small gathering on DA
small but a nice start! =) I need to start scouting tumblr next!
Also requesting that people post or message me with reasons why they like Dixie/why she should be in smash! I'm trying to do a quote page for the main web site!

Top Bottom