• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Dixie's uniqueness has come under fire! Time for another moveset idea!

Up Air

While airborne, Dixie can use her hair for more than maneuvering. She can treat enemies above her to a violent display of her hair's spinning ability, in which her ponytail twists and throttles wildly; it jerks and whips in a dangerous fashion, abandoning the more graceful movements it's known for and embraces a feral nature. The ponytail lashes and contorts relentlessly in a strange circular form that resembles a tornado, and thus she's able to gain multiple hits while enemies are caught in this cyclone.

Dixie makes a sort of free falling pose to pull off the move. Her arms are stretched outward while her head dips so that her feet are the highest point of her body; this allows her ponytail enough room to swivel uncontrollably without smacking herself, and her body is poised to help her with her movement, for the turbulent nature of her Simian Cyclone slows her good air speed. Fortunately this move slows her falling speed considerably, as she is spinning her ponytail afterall.

Great for racking up damage and trapping enemies in a hairy cyclone, not much of a killing move.

[Collapse=Forward Smash:]

To begin her Forward Smash attack, Dixie coils her hair around herself and turns her back to her foes. As she charges the move her hair tightens and snakes around her body; she balances on one foot in preparation for what's to come, unaffected by her own constricted grip. The extent of the coil grows with each second while Dixie grows more determined to maintain her posture. The pressure mounts...and then finally...!

WHAAAOOOOoomsshh!! She makes a fierce spin and unravels her hair, slashing the space around her! While she turns, her ponytail extends to whip the air with immense might and smack anything it collides with HARD. The force behind this move is extreme and her strongest smash attack without a doubt, and you can even hear the wind crack while the move's used. She easily surpasses her boyfriend's strength and practically rivals DK's!
This is a high-powered move with amazing knockback and high killing power, so do your best to avoid it! This move is a stationary spin attack that, thanks to her hair, gives this kong an elliptical strike range with impressive reach, damage, knockback and KO potential. The move starts quickly but has a bit of ending lag, for a revolution that fiercely performed needs a moment to keep balance. The upside to this however is that Dixie's using her hair to attack, and thus has a bit of a backswing that foes should beware. The backswing isn't as deadly (far less tbh) or powerful but it still packs a punch, so rolling around Dixie or standing behind this attack will leave you with a nasty surprise.

Dixie's UpTilt is a good setup for this move.

I finally got to show a smash attack. The idea behind it is a powerful backhand move where hair is used instead of hand, and I think it works out nicely[/collapse]

[collapse=Neutral Air:]

A nice whirling kick. She spins twice to let her feet hit you; it pushes enemies back on moderate damage percentages and hits two times when used on those with low percentages. Nothing too special about the move, but its reliable and gets its job done. [/collapse]

[Collapse=Jab & Finisher]Okay everyone, here's my jab idea for The Third Hero:

Using her hair for support, she sits back and kicks her feet forward; Dixie pedals her feet back continuously to rack up damage.

Then, to finish her rapid kicks, she uses her hair and body to thrust herself forward feet first to give opponents a forceful shove. Thanks to her hair's length she's able to move a nice distance for her finisher.

Originally I thought of the 2nd drawing as a forward tilt backup idea, but after seeing the introduction of standard attack finishers in a Pic of the Day months ago, I knew what to do with this move.[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Forward Tilt]
I thought up a forward tilt for Dixie Kong

She coils her blonde hair behind her and leans on one side of her body, then shifts her weight to the opposite side to swing her hair and make it spank the ground. Those who get hit by it just as its about to smack the ground receive a stronger strike, while those who get hit in mid-swing are punished less. The move's not TOO powerful, but it can kill, particularly the full swing...once certain percentages are reached, of course. Has good range thanks to Dixie's hair and the fact that she leans outward.[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Up Tilt]

Dixie's UpTilt involves her body facing us as she shuffles gracefully left to right or vice versa. She literally tilts; as she does so her hair sways with her to whack opponents above her, behind her and in front of her to move them around. It has great range and its effective at crowd control, but it has little knockback and by extension no real killing power. It is however good for disrupting aerial approaches and those that are too close as it displaces them, and if a foe's damage is substantial they'll be swept around through the whole animation instead of part of it. It's best to use this on airborne targets as they'll typically get stirred more than grounded opponents, who are more likely to get smacked depending on where they are, how close they are to Dixie and what stage her attack's in. It's generally a carrying attack. She'll always start the move from behind where she's facing; this is good to for getting those who rolled around her.

This is the attack's layout. At position 1, she starts the move and foes directly above as well as those beside her get hit and swept to position 2. Grounded opponents who got hit during position 1 will be swept and usually left here. Airborne victims likely won't. At P2, new victims both grounded and aerial will be whacked and likely carried with the airborne victims of P1 and swung to P3 where the attack ends. From this point, victims will either hit the ground or be chucked forward a bit, especially if their damage % is EXTREMELY high. Enemies who make contact at P3 will simply get whacked and pushed back. They only take damage ranging from average to below average from this move at these 3 points. Good for displacement, close-quarters crowd control or setting up the Forward Tilt or Forward Smash.[/quote]

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
The only newcomers I wanted for Smash 4 were :4pacman:, :4robinm:, :4lucina:, Dixie, and K. Rool. Woohoo! That's 3 for 5 so far! I must have prophetic wisdom or something! At this point, I'm pretty sure we'll get K. Rool as the unique DK newcomer and Dixie as the semi-clone newcomer like with Robin and Lucina. It makes too much sense, what with Sakurai not showing off anything DK-related so far and interestingly not pointing out the Kritters in Smash Run. Also, if Chunky Kong really is an assist trophy, that pretty much confirms everything for me. DK hype goin up! :bluejump:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Just remember that Starfox, a franchise that didn't have much shown, had a stage revealed just recently, and it didn't reveal any newcomers. They might still get newcomers, having delayed stage reveals doesn't necessarily mean newcomers.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

Up Air

While airborne, Dixie can use her hair for more than maneuvering. She can treat enemies above her to a violent display of her hair's spinning ability, in which her ponytail twists and throttles wildly; it jerks and whips in a dangerous fashion, abandoning the more graceful movements it's known for and embraces a feral nature. The ponytail lashes and contorts relentlessly in a strange circular form that resembles a tornado, and thus she's able to gain multiple hits while enemies are caught in this cyclone.

Dixie makes a sort of free falling pose to pull off the move. Her arms are stretched outward while her head dips so that her feet are the highest point of her body; this allows her ponytail enough room to swivel uncontrollably without smacking herself, and her body is poised to help her with her movement, for the turbulent nature of her Simian Cyclone slows her good air speed. Fortunately this move slows her falling speed considerably, as she is spinning her ponytail afterall.

Great for racking up damage and trapping enemies in a hairy cyclone, not much of a killing move.
Thank you, BirthNote. I always love your posts and illustrations; they are great contributions and keep the hype alive in here. I really want to find a way to put them in the OP, but I'm running out of room with the growing supporter list, and I don't know how I can get around that without deleting stuff from previous contributors.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
You can sign me up if you want seeing as Dixie is the only potential newcomer I care about. At this point I only follow Smash 4's progress for potential DK content.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman

Up Air

[Collapse=Forward Smash:]

To begin her Forward Smash attack, Dixie coils her hair around herself and turns her back to her foes. As she charges the move her hair tightens and snakes around her body; she balances on one foot in preparation for what's to come, unaffected by her own constricted grip. The extent of the coil grows with each second while Dixie grows more determined to maintain her posture. The pressure mounts...and then finally...!

WHAAAOOOOoomsshh!! She makes a fierce spin and unravels her hair, slashing the space around her! While she turns, her ponytail extends to whip the air with immense might and smack anything it collides with HARD. The force behind this move is extreme and her strongest smash attack without a doubt, and you can even hear the wind crack while the move's used. She easily surpasses her boyfriend's strength and practically rivals DK's!
This is a high-powered move with amazing knockback and high killing power, so do your best to avoid it! This move is a stationary spin attack that, thanks to her hair, gives this kong an elliptical strike range with impressive reach, damage, knockback and KO potential. The move starts quickly but has a bit of ending lag, for a revolution that fiercely performed needs a moment to keep balance. The upside to this however is that Dixie's using her hair to attack, and thus has a bit of a backswing that foes should beware. The backswing isn't as deadly (far less tbh) or powerful but it still packs a punch, so rolling around Dixie or standing behind this attack will leave you with a nasty surprise.

Dixie's UpTilt is a good setup for this move.

I finally got to show a smash attack. The idea behind it is a powerful backhand move where hair is used instead of hand, and I think it works out nicely[/collapse]

[collapse=Neutral Air:]

A nice whirling kick. She spins twice to let her feet hit you; it pushes enemies back on moderate damage percentages and hits two times when used on those with low percentages. Nothing too special about the move, but its reliable and gets its job done. [/collapse]

[Collapse=Jab & Finisher]Okay everyone, here's my jab idea for The Third Hero:

Using her hair for support, she sits back and kicks her feet forward; Dixie pedals her feet back continuously to rack up damage.

Then, to finish her rapid kicks, she uses her hair and body to thrust herself forward feet first to give opponents a forceful shove. Thanks to her hair's length she's able to move a nice distance for her finisher.

Originally I thought of the 2nd drawing as a forward tilt backup idea, but after seeing the introduction of standard attack finishers in a Pic of the Day months ago, I knew what to do with this move.[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Forward Tilt]
I thought up a forward tilt for Dixie Kong

She coils her blonde hair behind her and leans on one side of her body, then shifts her weight to the opposite side to swing her hair and make it spank the ground. Those who get hit by it just as its about to smack the ground receive a stronger strike, while those who get hit in mid-swing are punished less. The move's not TOO powerful, but it can kill, particularly the full swing...once certain percentages are reached, of course. Has good range thanks to Dixie's hair and the fact that she leans outward.[/Collapse]

[Collapse=Up Tilt]

Dixie's UpTilt involves her body facing us as she shuffles gracefully left to right or vice versa. She literally tilts; as she does so her hair sways with her to whack opponents above her, behind her and in front of her to move them around. It has great range and its effective at crowd control, but it has little knockback and by extension no real killing power. It is however good for disrupting aerial approaches and those that are too close as it displaces them, and if a foe's damage is substantial they'll be swept around through the whole animation instead of part of it. It's best to use this on airborne targets as they'll typically get stirred more than grounded opponents, who are more likely to get smacked depending on where they are, how close they are to Dixie and what stage her attack's in. It's generally a carrying attack. She'll always start the move from behind where she's facing; this is good to for getting those who rolled around her.

This is the attack's layout. At position 1, she starts the move and foes directly above as well as those beside her get hit and swept to position 2. Grounded opponents who got hit during position 1 will be swept and usually left here. Airborne victims likely won't. At P2, new victims both grounded and aerial will be whacked and likely carried with the airborne victims of P1 and swung to P3 where the attack ends. From this point, victims will either hit the ground or be chucked forward a bit, especially if their damage % is EXTREMELY high. Enemies who make contact at P3 will simply get whacked and pushed back. They only take damage ranging from average to below average from this move at these 3 points. Good for displacement, close-quarters crowd control or setting up the Forward Tilt or Forward Smash.[/collapse]
Wow! Really creative work here. Your really proving how unique Dixie can be!

Thank you, BirthNote. I always love your posts and illustrations; they are great contributions and keep the hype alive in here. I really want to find a way to put them in the OP, but I'm running out of room with the growing supporter list, and I don't know how I can get around that without deleting stuff from previous contributors.
Really? I thought OP's could go on WAY longer. The K Rool's thread OP goes on for way longer.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Welp, really hoping we Dixie supporters don't share the Takamaru fans fate eventually.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I find that unlikely... I think its quite likely at this point we'll get both Dixie and K. Rool.
It just seems too logical. Sakurai historically throw us curveballs at the expense of what the fans asked for. I still think Funky is that curveball.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It just seems too logical. Sakurai historically throw us curveballs at the expense of what the fans asked for. I still think Funky is that curveball.
I don't. Those come from very well established franchises with a large cast. Robin? Wasn't really a curveball at all, too many people were just dead-set on getting Chrom.

Rosalina and Greninja are the only newcomer curveballs from established franchises, all the other newcomers we have are from new franchises. Both Mario and Pokemon have very large casts as well. If we get any other curveball newcomers from an established franchise, it'd be Zelda.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Look at inclusions such as GaW, Pit, ROB, Wolf, ZSS, ICs, WFT, Pichu, Snake. These were characters that no one expected, mostly because no one asked for them. He put two FE reps in Melee when no FE games had been released in the West at the time (obiously for marketing purposes like WFT). Many of the decisions haven't been logical in terms of giving the fans what they wanted.

I think if Dixie gets in she won't be very unique. I think the fact she's semi-clone materialis her best chance of getting in, but I don't trust Sakurai's sense of logic to be sure.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Could I be added to the list? I've wanted Dixie Kong to be represented in the series for a while as she's probably one of my favorite Nintendo characters.

Reila

Funky Kong, who is literally DK wearing clothes and sunglasses, instead of Dixie would be the worst hell.
No, he doesn't.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Look at inclusions such as GaW, Pit, ROB, Wolf, ZSS, ICs, WFT, Pichu, Snake. These were characters that no one expected, mostly because no one asked for them. He put two FE reps in Melee when no FE games had been released in the West at the time (obiously for marketing purposes like WFT). Many of the decisions haven't been logical in terms of giving the fans what they wanted.

I think if Dixie gets in she won't be very unique. I think the fact she's semi-clone materialis her best chance of getting in, but I don't trust Sakurai's sense of logic to be sure.
That still tells me nothing about why Funky would be added over Dixie? Its just a list of a bunch of new franchise reps and the third-most important character in the Star Fox series. And Pichu who was added LITERALLY as a joke.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
That still tells me nothing about why Funky would be added over Dixie? Its just a list of a bunch of new franchise reps and the third-most important character in the Star Fox series. And Pichu who was added LITERALLY as a joke.
It tells you that he's won't necessarily give us what we want. People may love those characters now, but at the time of their inclusions that slot could've gone to a character that the public was actually asking for.

I hope I'm wrong though. I just get the feeling that we won't be getting what we're expecting/think is fair.

Also I have no idea why I care so much about DK. I didn't play the DKC trilogy as a kid (just Diddy Kong Racing and DK64). Gen1 pokemon were the games that defined my childhood. I played DKC1 for the first time in 2012 and got hooked, and it instantly became my favourite VG soundtrack. Now that I've started going through the country games I don't even care about pokemon anymore and what it gets in smash. I just care about DK stuff now, even though I'm still only up to DKC2.

I feel like an imposter fan lol. I seem to care about it as much as everyone else, but didn't play the trilogy as a kid.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It tells you that he's won't necessarily give us what we want. People may love those characters now, but at the time of their inclusions that slot could've gone to a character that the public was actually asking for.

I hope I'm wrong though. I just get the feeling that we won't be getting what we're expecting/think is fair.
The problem with that comparison is you listed off a bunch of characters not from an established franchise, with the sole exception of Pichu (and at the time, Sakurai did give fans what they wanted: Mewtwo. Pichu was just thrown in as an extra.) None of the characters in that list have anything against Dixie.

Wolf, actually, helps Dixie if anything. Sakurai chose the character more important to the franchise rather than the one who was more highly requested. Granted, in the case of the DK franchise, K. Rool and Dixie are both extremely important to the franchise and both highly requested. But the argument that Sakurai might throw in a lesser important character holds no water at all.

What attacks won't involve her hair?
I'd say her Side Smash, Standard Special, and Down Special, if I'm thinking correctly. MAYBE her recovery, but that's debateable.

Standard Special: Gumball Popgun
Down Special: Guitar
Side Smash: Bubblgum Blow (basically, her "switch places" animation from the classics where she blows a bubble)

Potentially, also:

Up Special: Squawks. This one is iffy, but plausible.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
No problem :) seeing the responses and detailing the ideas is pretty rewarding, and it's probably gonna take a while before I complete it, so I wouldn't worry about adding it to the OP. I also wanna thank you and a Link to the forums as well as everyone else for the really positive feedback.

Wow! Really creative work here. Your really proving how unique Dixie can be!
Thanks! Hopefully I'm inspiring others to come up with their own possibilities too.

Also I have no idea why I care so much about DK. I didn't play the DKC trilogy as a kid (just Diddy Kong Racing and DK64). Gen1 pokemon were the games that defined my childhood. I played DKC1 for the first time in 2012 and got hooked, and it instantly became my favourite VG soundtrack. Now that I've started going through the country games I don't even care about pokemon anymore and what it gets in smash. I just care about DK stuff now, even though I'm still only up to DKC2.

I feel like an imposter fan lol. I seem to care about it as much as everyone else, but didn't play the trilogy as a kid.
LOL no wonder you're not too confident about Dixie. Play through the games when you get the chance, not just the 1st 3 DKCs, but also Retro's and get a feel for the characters. The kongs all have a personality to them and that goes a long way in brainstorming. I'd even recommend Jungle Beat for when you have time to spare.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I know about Dixie, and I know that K. Rool plus Dixie is the most logical thing to do. Just remember that people originally thought we'd only get one new rep, and now they think we'll get two simply because FE got 2.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace

There's no such thing as an "imposter fan." If you like something, you like something. you don't have to have been there at the very beginning to understand something's appeal. I will never hear a Beatles record on the day of its release, but I know good music when I hear it.

I didn't play any of the DKC games until I was in college, about 11 years after they were originally released, and they're some of my favorite games. I think I can speak for just about everyone here when I say the DK fans of the world welcome you into the fold, regardless of when or how you were first exposed to the games. As long as you know they're awesome, as we all do.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I know about Dixie, and I know that K. Rool plus Dixie is the most logical thing to do. Just remember that people originally thought we'd only get one new rep, and now they think we'll get two simply because FE got 2.
Well I can't speak for everyone, but I remember back in the pre-Brawl days I was hoping they'd both be playable. In this thread and in K.Rool's there was hope that it would happen (as well as one or the other mindsets for each respective thread) but now with the Robin-Lucina reveal that hope seems more realistic, and it convinced some of those on the fence about it.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
You can sign me up if you want seeing as Dixie is the only potential newcomer I care about. At this point I only follow Smash 4's progress for potential DK content.
Talking of which I'm surprised I haven't dropped in and stated I'm 100% behind Dixie Kong at this point. One of my most wanted for sure.
Could I be added to the list? I've wanted Dixie Kong to be represented in the series for a while as she's probably one of my favorite Nintendo characters.
No problem. It's been updated.

Well, none of us know that for sure. No one knows what Sakurai will do other than Sakurai himself (and sometimes, I'm not even sure that he knows). However, I would rather spend my energy trying to prove to naysayers that Dixie has the potential to be unique, rather than being pessimistic about the situation and saying that she won't be unique if she gets in (and personally, I don't care if she's a little clone-y, as long as she utilizes her hair in a creative way).
I know that you are going with your gut feeling, and you are perfectly entitled to believe in that, but it won't convince me or anyone else in this thread of anything if you don't have evidence to back up your statements.

Anyway, I hope that you will try out the DKC games (especially DKC2). They are really good.

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking, with all the new stages being announced like with the recent news of a Paper Mario stage, could a DK stage pop up (see what I did there... because it's Paper Mario... *sigh* forget it) sometime soon? They are revealing a ton of stages lately and I find it ridiculous that one hasn't yet been shown off yet.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I've been thinking, with all the new stages being announced like with the recent news of a Paper Mario stage, could a DK stage pop up (see what I did there... because it's Paper Mario... *sigh* forget it) sometime soon? They are revealing a ton of stages lately and I find it ridiculous that one hasn't yet been shown off yet.
I think so. Sakurai is definitely trickling out the big information at a faster pace. We got two stages and the first sneak peek at the main menu of the 3DS version last week, and so far, we have gotten an AT and a new stage this week. He's also shown us a new stage from every major franchise except DK and Kirby (I'm not counting Jungle Japes and Halberd; those are retro stages); it's only a matter of time. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us DK fans.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Been supporting Dixie Kong even through the Gematsu leak, Donkey Kong needs a newcomer and I think Tropical Freeze did a really good job of bringing the series' popularity up.

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
This is my first post here and I am choosing to support Dixie Kong with it. I love the playstyle of Diddy Kong in Brawl, and I think that Dixie could bring even more to the table. I wouldn't mind her being a semi-clone, but I definitely think that her attributes lend to a completely unique moveset.

I'm with you guys 100%! (While I pass the time trying to 200% Tropical Freeze. Nearly there!)

Reila

Been supporting Dixie Kong even through the Gematsu leak, Donkey Kong needs a newcomer and I think Tropical Freeze did a really good job of bringing the series' popularity up.
Yeah, but Donkey Kong was never an unpopular series, specially in Japan. It is often ranked relatively high among Nintendo's 10 most beloved franchises (when franchises like Metroid and Star Fox don't even appear in TOP some times). I would be surprised if there is not a DK newcomer in Smash 4, specially after Fire Emblem getting special treatment after Awakening's success.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, but Donkey Kong was never an unpopular series, specially in Japan. It is often ranked relatively high among Nintendo's 10 most beloved franchises (when franchises like Metroid and Star Fox don't even appear in TOP some times). I would be surprised if there is not a DK newcomer in Smash 4, specially after Fire Emblem getting special treatment after Awakening's success.
If you check sales (yes sales are relevant, they certainly help with popularity) DK is Nintendo's fifth best-selling franchise. No, not behind Kirby, but behind Zelda and the "Wii" series of games. Kirby is actually 20 million below DK.

DK is vastly underepped, and definitely needs at least one, if not two newcomers. If any franchise deserves two newcomers in this game, its DK.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
No way is Dixie a clone of Diddy. Okay, maybe the team can squeese her in by giving her SOME of his moves, but at most, she'll be Luigified. But she has enough material for a full moveset.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No way is Dixie a clone of Diddy. Okay, maybe the team can squeese her in by giving her SOME of his moves, but at most, she'll be Luigified. But she has enough material for a full moveset.
Other people's argument is "well, so did Lucina!" I think these are completely different situations, though. Dixie fights and moves in a completely different way than Diddy does, even in the original DK games. Lucina... just used a sword. Her animations and such weren't identical to Marth's, but just going by her bare basic skills (skills exclusive to her, weapons exclusive to her, class exclusive to her; FE characters in Smash never rely on actual Skills except for Mastery skills), that's all she had.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
This is my first post here and I am choosing to support Dixie Kong with it. I love the playstyle of Diddy Kong in Brawl, and I think that Dixie could bring even more to the table. I wouldn't mind her being a semi-clone, but I definitely think that her attributes lend to a completely unique moveset.

I'm with you guys 100%! (While I pass the time trying to 200% Tropical Freeze. Nearly there!)
Welcome to the thread! Do either of you mind if I add you to the supporter list?

Other people's argument is "well, so did Lucina!" I think these are completely different situations, though. Dixie fights and moves in a completely different way than Diddy does, even in the original DK games. Lucina... just used a sword. Her animations and such weren't identical to Marth's, but just going by her bare basic skills (skills exclusive to her, weapons exclusive to her, class exclusive to her; FE characters in Smash never rely on actual Skills except for Mastery skills), that's all she had.
Not to mention, it makes perfect sense for Lucina to be a complete Marth clone. She wields his weapon (although the design in Awakening is different from the original Falchion's design), and because she is his descendant, she looks so much like him that she is able to spend the first few chapters of Awakening impersonating him.

It doesn't make sense to make Dixie a full-on Diddy clone like Lucina because she doesn't have his tail or jetpack. If she's playable, she'll be a Luigified semi-clone at worst. Though, I'm probably preaching to the choir here; I'm sure that everyone knows that by this point.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I don't know if I made this clear enough before, but I'll make sure to do it now: I 200% support Dixie joining the Smash 4 roster along with K. Rool, so count me in, fellow supporters.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Yes please! Put me on Seth! BTW, does anyone have a Dixie signature button I could use?
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-official-signature-icons-thread-last-update-12-02-2014.336081/

This thread should help. It's where I got the original images for my sig (I put a bunch of them together in Paint and uploaded the image on Imgur to get my current sig pic). There's plenty to choose from. By the way, you and Kremling Klansman are now on the list.

EDIT: Apparently, there's only one Dixie image now. I could have sworn there used to be more. Oh, well. That one is the one I chose.

Last edited:

Empty Number

Smash Journeyman
Hey thanks Seth! I was able to select a Dixie button from a link to another thread in the thread you gave me.

Any idea as to why my signature only seldom shows up? I'm not entirely sure. Thought it had something to do with post length but I don't think that's it.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Hey thanks Seth! I was able to select a Dixie button from a link to another thread in the thread you gave me.

Any idea as to why my signature only seldom shows up? I'm not entirely sure. Thought it had something to do with post length but I don't think that's it.
It's once per page, I think.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
As I've said before, any character in the game has the potential to have a completely unique moveset. The reason why clones (this is including semi clones) end up becoming clones is because they are so similar in the games that they can have a cloned/semi-cloned moveset and it would still be a fair representation of the character. That's why you don't see Toon Link running around with the Skull Hammer in Brawl instead of the current assortmen of weapons he uses. That would make him more unique, but they didn't go that because it's not a fair reflectin of how he plays in his games.

It'd be nice for Dixie to have a unique mveset, sure. But as long as she gets a hair move for her upb, the bubblegun and a unique final smash, the rest of her moveset could be cloned of Diddy's and it'd still be a fair representation of her character.

Top Bottom