• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'm sure its because they know you and have watched you play the game and talk about it.

I think you are overestimating how iconic this area is. I'm sure the majority of people haven't even gotten to the end of DKC to see it. When I talk casual, I mean casual. I the mean people who'd call Dixie "That girl monkey". That's what I mean by casual.

The only reason why you think it's so iconic and important to the series is because of K. Rool and his connection to it. Without K. Rool, Gangplank Galleon is meaningless.
Gangplank Galleon was also the first world in DKC2... so yeah, people don't have to get to the end of DKC1 to see it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
How about a minecart level that transitions into a Pirate Ship level and back again?

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm surprised this topic was in the THIRD page.
What's happening ?
I know K.Rool is strong, and have a bigger/more vocal fanbase but...Dixie Kong.
Dixie is my all time favorite Nintendo character. and it's true I'm supporting K.Rool lately because the Mii costume almost made every DK fan cry, but come on...
Let's not surrender, we need still supporting the most stylish girl around.:cool:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That Dixie 4 Smash support site is really amazing. Congratulations (and thank you) to whoever made it.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nice. Now I want Jibanyan in Smash Bros.
Not gonna lie... that cat is growing on me... I'm considering getting that Yokai Watch game.

I still believe that Dixie has strong support around the major parts of the world. While it isn't the level of K. Rool is, she's still a loveable character as well.
Yeah, it's sometimes disheartening to see Dixie have less support than she used to have. I still have some hope that she will get in Smash because she was planned to be in Brawl just like :4drmario::4mewtwo::4feroy: were. That's the only thing I have to hold onto hope.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Not gonna lie... that cat is growing on me... I'm considering getting that Yokai Watch game.

Yeah, it's sometimes disheartening to see Dixie have less support than she used to have. I still have some hope that she will get in Smash because she was planned to be in Brawl just like :4drmario::4mewtwo::4feroy: were. That's the only thing I have to hold onto hope.
I still hang on to that hope but that doesn't disheartened her chances. Dixie also has recency on her side compared to K. Rool but not the size of popularity

Reila

I am definitely getting Yo-Kai Watch (if I have the $$). I have read great things about the series and after almost 20 years of playing Pokémon, I am itching to play something new and fresh on the "Mon" genre.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In an ideal world, Dixie and K. Rool would be added.

Let's just hope Sakurai shares our sentiment.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In an ideal world, Dixie and K. Rool would be added.

Let's just hope Sakurai shares our sentiment.
And in my world, Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky, Pauline, and DK Jr. are added. :awesome:

But priorities, priorities... Dixie and K. Rool first.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Dixie Kong might be the next character to be Smashified; going by the hints they're giving on Twitter. It's a secondary protagonist from a series that has a character Smashified and has a character in Smash itself. That means it's either a secondary protagonist from Donkey Kong or Earthbound. I'm guessing it's either Dixie or Kumatora.

Reila

If that is the case, I am looking forward to see her Smashfied render. :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here's another poll, vote for your favorite one.
Hey, Meowth isn't in the poll! The only Pokemon newcomer option is Sceptile? :glare:

If that is the case, I am looking forward to see her Smashfied render. :)
Me too. I am sure her Smashfied render will look fantastic.

I truly hope Sakurai still wants to add Dixie in Smash. It isn't like she suffers the Chrom syndrome. Her hair is the only thing she needs to make herself different and unique from Diddy. So what if she isn't a walking Swiss army knife like King K. Rool... she doesn't need to overcompensate with a flashy moveset. She just needs something to make herself stand out... and her hair will do just that. The KISS principle (keep it simple stupid) can work wonders.

Reila

I truly hope Sakurai still wants to add Dixie in Smash. It isn't like she suffers the Chrom syndrome. Her hair is the only thing she needs to make herself different and unique from Diddy. So what if she isn't a walking Swiss army knife like King K. Rool... she doesn't need to overcompensate with a flashy moveset. She just needs something to make herself stand out... and her hair will do just that. The KISS principle (keep it simple stupid) can work wonders.
It all depends on how Sakurai is deciding the DLC characters. If he wants to maximize the DLC sales, I don't have high hopes for Dixie and Rhythm Heave rep, but if he wants to fill the gaps (no RH rep yet and DK is currently underrepresented) while at the same time giving (some) people what they want, then I could see Dixie happening, especially since she was planned to be playable in Brawl (and a RH rep was planned to be playable in SSB4...).

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
And in my world, Dixie, K. Rool, Cranky, Pauline, and DK Jr. are added. :awesome:

But priorities, priorities... Dixie and K. Rool first.
You're speaking my language! All of those characters would be wonderful.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Gotta start cranking out these moveset ideas. Here's another:

Dash Attack: Ponytail Pirouette

Dixie uses her spin attack from Tropical Freeze in Smash Bros.! She starts by kicking a leg out and briefly extending an arm while simultaneously turning to spin. As she rotates, an arm, a leg and her ponytail smack opponents up to four times. It's a quick move that carries foes like most other tornado attacks (like DK's or Mega Man's) through the animation and is fast to perform with little startup or ending lag.

A pretty straightforward, 4-hit attack; I just wanna point out that the poses above represent different stages in the move's lifespan. The first pose is the startup, the 2nd and 3rd are the attack itself, but different points. The closer Dixie's left arm is to her paralleling her left leg, the closer the attack is to finishing. I looked at ballerinas spinning and noticed they don't always keep their arms or legs in the same pose throughout, so I did the same with Dixie. Keeps me from being bored having to draw the same pose but at different rotations. Hopefully I caught a sense of momentum with these.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Dixie uses her spin attack from Tropical Freeze in Smash Bros.! She starts by kicking a leg out and briefly extending an arm while simultaneously turning to spin. As she rotates, an arm, a leg and her ponytail smack opponents up to four times. It's a quick move that carries foes like most other tornado attacks (like DK's or Mega Man's) through the animation and is fast to perform with little startup or ending lag.

A pretty straightforward, 4-hit attack; I just wanna point out that the poses above represent different stages in the move's lifespan. The first pose is the startup, the 2nd and 3rd are the attack itself, but different points. The closer Dixie's left arm is to her paralleling her left leg, the closer the attack is to finishing. I looked at ballerinas spinning and noticed they don't always keep their arms or legs in the same pose throughout, so I did the same with Dixie. Keeps me from being bored having to draw the same pose but at different rotations. Hopefully I caught a sense of momentum with these.
She's so adorable! BTW, I REALLY hope after reading this article: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/26/the-end-of-the-pre-ballot-content/
That Dixie has a better chance now. We do only have 2 months left...

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
She's so adorable! BTW, I REALLY hope after reading this article: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/26/the-end-of-the-pre-ballot-content/
That Dixie has a better chance now. We do only have 2 months left...
Good read. Going by that article I'd say we've got some surprises in store for us, and it does give me hope regarding Dixie as well. They could literally use Diddy's model as a temple to make a unique moveset like they did in Wolf's and even better, Ryu's case.

And thanks for liking the drawing!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Good read. Going by that article I'd say we've got some surprises in store for us, and it does give me hope regarding Dixie as well. They could literally use Diddy's model as a temple to make a unique moveset like they did in Wolf's and even better, Ryu's case.

And thanks for liking the drawing!
You're welcome!

Reila

Do you guys remember spainkiller's rumor from the pre-release days? He mentioned knowing about certain characters having "moving models" (like playable characters have). The characters were: a rhythm heaven rep (we know a RH rep was unfortunately scrapped), Ridley (we know he has a moving model, a moving model that completely ruins the Pyrosphere stage), Mewtwo happened and... the last character he mentioned was Dixie. Dixie isn't an AT, she isn't playable, she... doesn't have a moving model in the vanilla game. Now you are going to say his leak was fake, but you know what? I don't think it is. I think he only jumped the gun on claiming the characters with moving models to be newcomers.

Why I am saying this? Because if the "leak" isn't fake, that means there is a moving model of Dixie somewhere. That + the fact Dixie was planned to be playable in Super Smash Bros Brawl... and call me delusional, but I am thinking Dixie doesn't even need the ballot votes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I vaguely recall that rumor but nothing came about it so I thought it was debunked. Do you think that rumor is still alive?

Reila

I don't know, but I do think the fact all characters he claimed to have "moving models" are in the game with moving models, in a way or another, other than Dixie of course, is a little suspicious. That is not to say Dixie will be DLC, seriously I am not trying to give anyone false hopes, but tbh I am hopeful for Dixie, regardless of ballot results.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
I wish all those good signs Dixie are true, I really would be the happiest in the world to play with Dixie Kong Smash Bros person, my favorite game, and lack little to know

by the way, I made a video loquendo giving some reasons to encourage people to vote for Dixie Kong is it's too late, because i am just a month, but I have not had the time or inspiration before, besides this is my first video and loquendo was tricky to do, but the result was decently well, I hope this will encourage more people to vote for her special thanks to @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer by some of your images you use and the other authors in the video, the video I did in my language: Spanish, since that little English and I communicate with you through a translator, as I share in the group because it makes me illusion
PD: You could help me giving "like" the video, so that it becomes better known and viral and can reach more people, in order to convince more people to vote for Dixie, I do not think you achieve miracles but maybe get a few more and not nothing is lost by trying

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I like that video... man, I really wish Dixie is playable in Smash already.

She's my favorite character in DKC games. She's so much fun to play with... I cannot get enough of her hair spinning. I just like to float and control my jumps/falls.

I love her design... cute little girl monkey... pretty in pink... big blonde ponytail... and I love berets! Everything about her appeals my fashion sense... and she kinda has that Disney air about her (something like DuckTales, TaleSpin, Darkwing Duck).

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Thank you @ Arcadenik Arcadenik , I totally agree with you on everything you said except the last part, I'm not a fan of disney lol

Crabman

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pipopolus
I feel like pre ballot content is probably over (could be wrong) but if that's the case I really hope they announce who the winners are when the ballot ends in October rather than making us wait until the characters are actually done

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Know i haven't been very active lately but i have been working behind the scenes!
I am officially with MVG now so my twitter followers are steady going up. I am currently trying to put out as much smash content as i can such as artwork and replays etc so i can get more followers. I have at least 3 event s lined up next month that i will be commentating for 1 of which M2k might be there lots of viewers... So yeah when the smash newcomer conversation pops up I will definitely slide the whole "vote dixie" in.

Also manged to talk a few professional players into voting Dixie.
Managed to get some votes in exchange for twitter banners since I am a graphic designer.
ALSO we now have the support of Retro studios! They finally re tweeted my move set. My twitter blew up and I have gained more followers.

I may not be as active because I am in a position right now where I can actually build myself up as a public figure in the smash scene through the Esports league that has taken interest in me. The more followers I have the more likely people are to actually listen to me. I WILL use that to bring attention Dixie's way.

ABSOLUTELY love it! Same dash attack as mine but better illustrated! I love the movement it shows!

I wish all those good signs Dixie are true, I really would be the happiest in the world to play with Dixie Kong Smash Bros person, my favorite game, and lack little to know

by the way, I made a video loquendo giving some reasons to encourage people to vote for Dixie Kong is it's too late, because i am just a month, but I have not had the time or inspiration before, besides this is my first video and loquendo was tricky to do, but the result was decently well, I hope this will encourage more people to vote for her special thanks to @ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer by some of your images you use and the other authors in the video, the video I did in my language: Spanish, since that little English and I communicate with you through a translator, as I share in the group because it makes me illusion
PD: You could help me giving "like" the video, so that it becomes better known and viral and can reach more people, in order to convince more people to vote for Dixie, I do not think you achieve miracles but maybe get a few more and not nothing is lost by trying

Awesome video!

I like what I am seeing here everyone please keep up the great work and I'll keep it up on my end as well! =)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Know i haven't been very active lately but i have been working behind the scenes!
I am officially with MVG now so my twitter followers are steady going up. I am currently trying to put out as much smash content as i can such as artwork and replays etc so i can get more followers. I have at least 3 event s lined up next month that i will be commentating for 1 of which M2k might be there lots of viewers... So yeah when the smash newcomer conversation pops up I will definitely slide the whole "vote dixie" in.

Managed to get some votes in exchange for twitter banners since I am a graphic designer.
ALSO we now have the support of Retro studios! They finally re tweeted my move set. My twitter blew up and I have gained more followers.

I may not be as active because I am in a position right now where I can actually build myself up as a public figure in the smash scene through the Esports league that has taken interest in me. The more followers I have the more likely people are to actually listen to me. I WILL use that to bring attention Dixie's way.

ABSOLUTELY love it! Same dash attack as mine but better illustrated! I love the movement it shows!

Awesome video!

I like what I am seeing here everyone please keep up the great work and I'll keep it up on my end as well! =)
OMG, you're not dead. Best of luck to you and thanks, we kept the thread warm for you

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

Awesome video!

Good to hear from ya! Congrats on the MVG news and thank you for sending more votes in Dixie's direction. It's also great to hear we have Retro's support--it's quite a morale booster, and thanks for the feedback on the latest illustration! There's not much time left for the ballot so I'm gonna be pumping out the drawings nearly back to back until they're all done. The dash attack was the simplest to do but now I'm onto something else that requires more explanations and pictures for, but it'll be ready to show in a couple of days.

Good luck with everything!

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Have you all voted for Dixie in PushDustIn's DLC character poll yet? I know it might not mean as much as the real fighter ballot, but I think it'd still be nice to see Dixie get some support on it.

As for the Smashified stuff, it'd be cool for Dixie to get the recognition that comes with getting a new render from those folks. I'm not all that worried about it though, since Dixie already has a very recent new render (the one from Tropical Freeze) that I like a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom