• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The one newcomer you want to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xganz32

Smash Rookie
If you were given the choice right this second, what newcomer would you put into the new installment of Smash Bros and why? Also, on a side note, how happy are you with the confirmed newcomers?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Bomberman because I love the guy he's adorable and awesome and would be hella fun.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
No doubt Paper Mario (sorry but ridley is my second most wanted)

Why? Well, instead of explaining way too much, I will just try to summarize. To be honest, out of all the character that I checked (even those who should come before him) he's the one that has the bigest potential but not just in moveset and uniqueness, in literally EVERY department even out of the character like stage and animations. It's for that reason that I call his potential "infinite" and even if I know that he's mario, it seriously makes me wonder if he's THE mario like toon link was for link.

But what makes my support really strong for him is the desperate need of rep for his series. In brawl he only got trophies and stickers while the M&L series got a music. Why? For having 4 games since the n64 (and the one on the gc being a masterpiece), I simply CAN'T understand why he was so underrepresented. I'm ok if we get bowser jr instead of him but seriously having at least one music is A MINIMUM.

There you have it.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Shouldn't this be in the character discussion thread?

Khao

Smash Lord
Isaac.

I honestly wouldn't mind at this point if he doesn't make it, but I've been wanting him in the game since Brawl Dojo times, and I would totally freaking explode in a humongous fangasm if it ever happened, and I know one of my best friends would too.

Though if I could go all "**** logic" and could add anyone at all, completely ignoring who owns who and it'd just happen with no trouble whatsoever...

Banjo & Kazooie.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
If you were given the choice right this second, what newcomer would you put into the new installment of Smash Bros and why? Also, on a side note, how happy are you with the confirmed newcomers?
Bandana Dee is my most wanted newcomer and I'm very happy with the newcomers, specially for Rosalina and Mega Man.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Isaac.

He's one of my favorite Nintendo characters and I think Golden Sun deserves to have a character.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Oooh, tough one. It's damn close between Ridley, Isaac and Simon Belmont.

I gotta ultimately go with Isaac, for the fact that I think with the djinn giving him variable moves and stats, he could be a very unique character.

D

Deleted member

I would personally put in Tails. Every other character I really want in this installment in Smash is very likely to happen anyway, but Tails is the oddball I myself want. And for those who want Shadow or Knuckles, I don't think they would work as well because I fear Shadow would be too similar to Sonic, and Knuckles too similar to Little Mac. Tails has much more move set potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
I can't choose just one...

...Fine.

I want to see Bandana Dee. He's just so cute and round and...I just wanna cuddle him.
Also, I want Roy. He's not a newcomer, but...ya know.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Im beyond excited to see Isaac. The possibilities! The sheer amount of uniqueness he could bring, and the glorious HD model

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
King K. Rool I'm surprised hasn't made an appearance, and I would like to see. Lloyd might make a good addition, or someone from the Tales universe. I would have liked to see X instead of Mega Man, but that's obviously not in the realm of possibility.

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Gaming character: Sora from Kingdom Hearts
Non gaming: Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

Hoenstly. Where the **** is he.

Otherwise, now that Ike is back, and I'm pretty confident in Shulk, I'm pretty content. I'd only be fully content if ****ing K. Rool was there though. Come on, Sakurai...

Last edited:

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Out of all of my potential choices, I think I would have to go with...

Palutena.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks

Not really a newcomer but idc. I'm pretty fine so far with the newcomer choices, but if I were to choose one that I would be ecstatic with it would be either Hades or Pac-Man.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Omasta- *shot*
Ridley. I don't even feel like I need to explain myself (Bandanna Dee would probably be my second choice)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Gah! I can't decide between Anna and Bandanna Dee.
Palutena and Shulk are also my most wanted but they seem more likely than the first two.

Hmm... If I were to pick from Anna or Bandanna Dee, I'd have to go with Anna. In terms of a Fire Emblem rep, she has a ton of competition as compared to BD for a Kirby rep.

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
I would say Palutena, but she is almost certainly in anyway so I'll go with Amaterasu from Okami. She could be really unique with the different celestial weapons and abilities. Plus, she has already been in a fighter game; so it's possible.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
Prince of Sable, though the no transformation thing pushes his chances into the negatives at this point.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Nintendo Character: King K. Rool. As stated above, where the **** is King K. Rool?! Really now, he was Donkey Kong's greatest adversary. The Donkey Kong series is really on fire right now with two back to back great games. Shockingly, Kremlings have made an appearance in Smash Run. Its now or never for the big green crocodile.
Third Party: Banjo Kazooie. I really don't think I need to explain this one. The characters style fits perfectly into the SSB environment, especially this game, with its emphasis on really bringing out the colors, and the more cartoony aspects of characters. So much potential here, its a shame Rare got bought out by Microsoft.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Chances if getting in? 0.01%.

But I would main him without question or regards to playstyle or feel of the character, no other character could make me disregard those things.

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Logical Newcomer? Isaac from Golden Sun. Love the game, love the character design, love the potential move set ideas.

Kitchen Sink edition: Crono.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Truly out there newcomers... Mew or Soren.

For a character with quite low, but non-zero chance, Hades.

Otherwise, Robin or Ridley, probably Robin since Ridley will likely be at least a boss if not more anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom