• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

K 2

Smash Lord
What order should I learn the techniques/tricks for diddy? What is the most important thing I should learn about diddy? I already know how to glide toss.

Does diddy's dair have to be sweetspotted to spike? or will it always spike (like ganondork)?

What is diddy's main kill moves?

Atlas.

Smash Rookie
is diddy a good secondary for snake? since he does good with D3 and everything. also should i play tap jump on or off for diddy?

CommanderCody08

Smash Apprentice
When is it good to use Diddy's regular side - B (face jump) versus the other type (flying kick)?
In the signiture right above me ^ is see a great use of over B (nice :), but I'm not sure which to use on the stage.

Luigi player

Smash Master
What order should I learn the techniques/tricks for diddy? What is the most important thing I should learn about diddy? I already know how to glide toss.

Does diddy's dair have to be sweetspotted to spike? or will it always spike (like ganondork)?

What is diddy's main kill moves?
Once you can glidetoss you're on the right way. Just keep practicing and maybe look in the Diddy guide threads for new techniques.

Diddys usual KO-attacks are fsmash, dsmash and fair. Sometimes you can spike with dair or upB. If it's hard to hit with those moves and they are stale you can use ftilt or utilt if the enemy is at 170+ or something.

is diddy a good secondary for snake? since he does good with D3 and everything. also should i play tap jump on or off for diddy?
I'm not sure about that since I don't play Snake, but yeah Diddy is good against D3. I always play with tap jump on, but it's just player preference... just choose what you prefer.

When is it good to use Diddy's regular side - B (face jump) versus the other type (flying kick)?
In the signiture right above me ^ is see a great use of over B (nice :), but I'm not sure which to use on the stage.
Well if your enemy is too near or too far away for the side B to "grab" then you should probably use the kick.

As for me I nearly only use the kick and only grab with the side B when I press B too late for the kick...

It might be nice to use it if you're holding a banana because your enemy will most likely use the shield...

And nice new gif NinjaLink ^^

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
btw guys check my account for me vs chillin if anyone needs the Falco help.
yea, i watched the chillin vid since i was busy when it actually happened. You had some good ideas against falco that i never used before. :laugh:

Megamegaman

Smash Apprentice
Hi ! =0

Can you tell how to do this

1. Diddy Hump Grab Release
2. Chose where the UP B barrels will after being hit

Tnx !

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace
Hello, fellow Diddy mains.

The Peachboards are discussing using Diddy Kong as a main, and maybe how well he covers Peach's bad matchups. Please click on the link below if you can tell us anything about his matchups, similarities to Peach, learning curve, etc.

Thanks beforehand :) -PrepU

P.S.: Hi NinjaLink.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink

The Peachboards are discussing using Diddy Kong as a main, and maybe how well he covers Peach's bad matchups. Please click on the link below if you can tell us anything about his matchups, similarities to Peach, learning curve, etc.

HI GUYS :3

LMAO

silly ppl

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
NL I need your help doooooood! ;=/
Picking up Diddy for freaken ******* G&W
Hes too much **** on ROB
So after seeing you with him...Ima pick the like **** up haha
Tips? Help? WTF do I do with the character?! lol

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hes too much **** on ROB
Stop being lazy.

Watch vids of good Diddys and read the guide/help threads here at the Diddy boards to know how Diddy works, they're there for a reason... -__-

PrepareYourself

Smash Ace

WHAT
Thell am I doing. Here we go.
Click

HI GUYS :3

LMAO

silly ppl
Meh, I guess you don't remember me from the tourney. Well, it was all the way back in October anyways XD

No matter. Any Diddy mains with useful info please click above.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Hes too much **** on ROB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcf2uggSQDo
Rob vs GW. Yes it is a stupid matchup

WHAT
Thell am I doing. Here we go.
Click

Meh, I guess you don't remember me from the tourney. Well, it was all the way back in October anyways XD

No matter. Any Diddy mains with useful info please click above.
I remember seeing ur tag. I need to match ur face with the name.

TreK

Is "that guy"
hum i just realised dash you can pick up the banana in the end of run animation instead of dash attacking all the way... I don't think it's faster, but who know... Are there frames data for the pick up ? It could have its uses for spacing/timing, i'm still looking for another possible use and wanted to know if someone already tested that stuff :p

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
What is the best controler configuration for diddy kong jw. somthing that allows me 2 use all of his at's ealsily i just use default right now but is there a beter 1

Luigi player

Smash Master
What is the best controler configuration for diddy kong jw. somthing that allows me 2 use all of his at's ealsily i just use default right now but is there a beter 1
There's nothing you can't do with the default setup. It's just player preference. Use what you like. I'm using the default one too.

rob.bot64

Smash Rookie
does you think diddy needs a secondary for matchups like falco or olimar? Who would you recommend?

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
Would it be possible to infinate banana lock?

Banana lock to end of stage -> grab 1 banana -> SH banana throw so they slip away from the ledge -> continue normal banana lock.

Just a thought. I'm not that good with Diddy so I can't really test it.

Count

Smash Champion
Would it be possible to infinate banana lock?

Banana lock to end of stage -> grab 1 banana -> SH banana throw so they slip away from the ledge -> continue normal banana lock.

Just a thought. I'm not that good with Diddy so I can't really test it.
I never really thought about that. Did anybody test this?

soloSHADOWROB

Smash Journeyman
Stop being lazy.

Watch vids of good Diddys and read the guide/help threads here at the Diddy boards to know how Diddy works, they're there for a reason... -__-
Is the guide written by NL cuz I mean Id like to get info from the best with Diddy and as far as I know NL is prolly the best with him. I watch videos but Im clearly asking what I can do with Diddy against G&W cuz ROB just gets *****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcf2uggSQDo
Rob vs GW. Yes it is a stupid matchup.
Good **** in the video, but Lee the G&W I play I cant be as aggressive, he perfect shields all my moves and knows how to punish me, then he just keeps me afloat so well. Its aggravating =[ and hes so fast with him its hard to find an opening anywhere
Lee is too good
I mean Ive beaten G&W before right now with the best G&W in SoCal (Lee) my record with him is 2-3 =[

But Im sure if I picked up Diddy he would stand a better chance cuz as far as I know Diddy does much better on G&W then ROB would.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Diddy can handle Luigi, its probably my most annoying and one of my personal hardest match ups but its definitely winnable. I must admit though its a very horrible and stupid match up.

:monkey:
I've come to discover im never doin diddy vs olimar again. I knew i shouldnt have bother. I thought i had it down but its by far extremely stupid and boring.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I've come to discover im never doin diddy vs olimar again. I knew i shouldnt have bother. I thought i had it down but its by far extremely stupid and boring.
I don't really know anything about that match up although theoretically speaking I do believe its one of Diddy's top 3 hardest match ups. Why don't you like it? One big camp fest lolz?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I don't really know anything about that match up although theoretically speaking I do believe its one of Diddy's top 3 hardest match ups. Why don't you like it? One big camp fest lolz?

ugh. U cant use bananas cause he chucks everything at u and it blocks it. U cant run at him cause he can quickly fast fall to grab. Ur chasing a character u cant touch basically.

Anyway i found something very useful to my game today. How much does upsmash do again? Like 18%? Can someone answer me this?

EDIT: Its 16% lol. nvm guys Also wanted to know. Does throwing bananas refresh ur moves?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I tried Diddy and hes really fun. =)
It feels nice to MAKE others trip. And glide tossing is always fun.

I like how Diddy has like 5 places to banana lock people during the rock (earth? whatever) stage on Pokemon Stadium. >___>

(I think hitting with thrown bananas refreshes moves. But throwing them doesn't.)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
EDIT: Its 16% lol. nvm guys Also wanted to know. Does throwing bananas refresh ur moves?
well like u said upsmash does 16% initially then starts declining to 15% then about 13% and eventually to complete **** :\. bananas do increase ur refresh rate of moves but only so little and thats not necessarily by throwing them its by down+b'in them sadly :( just check in practice mode. do several upsmashes and remember each % differences then do like 3-4 banana pulls and ull see the % difference increase again :3 tho honestly the refresh system on diddy isnt anything to really bother with (the replenish is miniscule). just replenish the other moves with other attacks in due time.

my question is for the diddys is...what are the frame rates on all the smashes and tilts :3 would really really appreciate it.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I think AZ has a Move Decay/Refresh List Thread somewhere around here.

And yo NL we shouldn't give up on the Olimar match up yet. I know its hard to get through the perfect camping but we have to figure something out. Black Waltz is in NY right? You should train with him for a couple of days and see what ya can find out about the match up, I would play Olimar too but I wont have a decent Olimar to train with for about two more weeks :(

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I think AZ has a Move Decay/Refresh List Thread somewhere around here.

And yo NL we shouldn't give up on the Olimar match up yet. I know its hard to get through the perfect camping but we have to figure something out. Black Waltz is in NY right? You should train with him for a couple of days and see what ya can find out about the match up, I would play Olimar too but I wont have a decent Olimar to train with for about two more weeks :(

Hes NJ and i have an olimar in my crew. I dont main diddy so im not gonna worry about it anymore. Imma just stick to wolf. Thats it.

mnkey

Smash Cadet
well olimar is a annoying tiny ****!! but i practice with a pretty **** good olimar and i the way i find my way around his horde of pikmin is pretty simple..

one way.. is to use the dash to get as close as possible and the hit from the dash can sometimes kill the pikmin so its a good way to try and get in..also when doin this if in range use a FS or DS to stop him from throwin the pikmin and it will also give use space to get in again..

second way.. jump over the pikmin then FB kick olimar... if he blocks it good set up for a dash attack to US or FA.. it can also be a good set up to grab him.

third way.. air attacks mainly BA comes out fast and strong.. and if above him just use the NA sendS him up for any air attack.

idk if this will help cause every olimar player is different.. and it will take time to get used to the **** of pikmin.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Hes NJ and i have an olimar in my crew. I dont main diddy so im not gonna worry about it anymore. Imma just stick to wolf. Thats it.
True but we would really appreciate the help, if not then its kool. Ill just try to learn the match up eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom