• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
/wrists

I've got an STD to run this weekend. I don't need any footage, but it'll be one more chance for me to grab some combos for my combo video. Ah, it's going to be epic when finished.

Random PokeDraw:
:058:
Get 58

Count

Smash Champion
/wrists

I've got an STD to run this weekend. I don't need any footage, but it'll be one more chance for me to grab some combos for my combo video. Ah, it's going to be epic when finished.

Random PokeDraw:
:058:
Get 58

Kay just be careful around the STD. I really just made this post to put a random picture on it like vyse.

:076:

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I think diddys up-b hits on frame 5. Not sure yet. Doin more testing. If diddy and MK does up-b next to each other, diddys barrels blow up on him. Spotdodge i think is 3 frames. I doubt its 2 though.

Holy crap its 2 frames. Cant figure out the enigma behind the up-b though

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I think diddys up-b hits on frame 5. Not sure yet. Doin more testing. If diddy and MK does up-b next to each other, diddys barrels blow up on him. Spotdodge i think is 3 frames. I doubt its 2 though.

Holy crap its 2 frames. Cant figure out the enigma behind the up-b though
spot dodge is 2 frames? and whats the problem with the up-b?

-advent-

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
spot dodge is 2 frames? and whats the problem with the up-b?

-advent-
Mks up-b is 5 frames. It makes the barrels go off. Snakes uptilt and dtilt DOESNT make it go off. Those are 6 frames. Marths ftilt is 7frames. goes off. dtilt doesnt. same thing.

WTF MATCHING FRAMES.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That Marth's attacks are disjointed wouldn't have anything to do with it would it?
Plus there's the whole 'MK has ******** priority' on his sword cause it doesn't clank with anything.

You've just tested the barrels with 3 different types of attacks I think : /

Random PokeDraw:
:050:

EDIT:

So how was your day Diddy mains?

Luigi player

Smash Master
So how was your day Diddy mains?
It was really nice. We had a smashfest today with about 20 people (that's much where I live ^^') and 17 people entered a Brawl tourney which I won with mainly Diddy (I think I used Ness twice too). :)

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
It was really nice. We had a smashfest today with about 20 people (that's much where I live ^^') and 17 people entered a Brawl tourney which I won with mainly Diddy (I think I used Ness twice too). :)
Good stuff man. I wanted to discuss Diddy's placement and future metagame on the tier list. Personally I think that Diddy is a much more versatile character than DK, and will eventually surpass him. I agree with Diddy's placement on the Japanese character rankings that he should be B ranked. Any thoughts on Diddys metagame, future tier/ranking, or potential as a character???

-advent-

§witch

Smash Lord
I have a question, I've seen a few diddy's over the past few days catch a nanner without an air dodge or aerial. How is this done?
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out, Z catch.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Alrighty Diddies, I have a question for you. Would any of you agree on this?:

:diddy: Diddy Kong
Best: Final Destination, Smashville
Worst: Norfair, Brinstar
It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions?

Count

Smash Champion
I agree with that for the most part. If you need to add more you could add RC to the bad stages. As for another good stage for diddy, I think it just depends on which diddy main you ask. I think any diddy main would agree that the stages you have listed are correct, however.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
I Hate luigi he slides to much i throw bananas and he just slides

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Good stuff man. I wanted to discuss Diddy's placement and future metagame on the tier list. Personally I think that Diddy is a much more versatile character than DK, and will eventually surpass him. I agree with Diddy's placement on the Japanese character rankings that he should be B ranked. Any thoughts on Diddys metagame, future tier/ranking, or potential as a character???

-advent-
I have and always will believe this.

Diddy Kong's defining weapon, the bananas, give us a combo device, in the form of a glide tossable projectile which causes almost zero knockback HOWEVER, gives us an amazing amount of 'hitstun' in the form of an opponent's tripping animation.

It's amazing, really.

Diddy Kong has one of the most versatile methods of play out there, and it's merely up to us to capitalize on it.

@Meno:
I prefer battlefield over smashville.

Luigi player

Smash Master

-advent-
Thanks. And imo Diddy Kong should be top tier or at least very high in high tier.

Alrighty Diddies, I have a question for you. Would any of you agree on this?:

It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions?
FD is probably his best stage, yes.
I'm not sure with the second best. Maybe smashville, maybe delfino, maybe PS1, or maybe even a other stage... I don't really know. The pirate ship is also not that bad.

As for his worst stages, I actually don't think Norfair is one of them... I think Green Hill zone wouldn't be good for him, but I'm not sure.

Count

Smash Champion
i beat an MK on brinstar with diddy...........but of course i dont count
That may be true, but that still doesn't mean you are necessarily good on that stage, it could just be that you were way better than the MK. Unless of course you say that you prefer that stage, in which case I would believe you :).

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Why wouldnt you count? What thing on the right side, sry I still have never played on Brinstar >_<

:monkey:
It's that one thing that looks green with circles on it. Make a banana wall on it.. Grats NL on disposing of MK.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
A massive storm rolled over last night while I was trying to update the AT sticky in Tactical discussion. I had to turn my PC off.

: O

TreK

Is "that guy"
Is the dtilt with item known ? I just found out it was possible a second ago in training mode.

You can achieve a dtilt with banana by crawling instead of just crouching. Works with c stick in every side other than downwards, or just A button lol. Could lead into good combos, i don't really know and i just am going to sleep lol

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
any one got any suggestions about norfair? people like to cp there and the more i play the stage the less horrible it is. any good combo ideas???

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
There's been a flurry of activity lately.

Flip winning Hobo, Le_Thien coming 3rd at his tourney 'OH SNAP', nynja and pasta are doing well too. And most recently, NL placing 3rd at C3 (downing M2K again).

I know the rest of you guys are reppin too, those results were the first to come out of my head lol.

Props to mah Diddy homies >.<

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
There's been a flurry of activity lately.

Flip winning Hobo, Le_Thien coming 3rd at his tourney 'OH SNAP', nynja and pasta are doing well too. And most recently, NL placing 3rd at C3 (downing M2K again).

I know the rest of you guys are reppin too, those results were the first to come out of my head lol.

Props to mah Diddy homies >.<
Just to set this straight we all split first (dsf and mew2king). we all got the same share of money.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Don't use Olimar. Diddy is a fad, and doesn't do exceptionally well against Metaknight. Also, Diddy can't play against like 2/3rds of the cast so if you win a game and they say "I'm taking you to place X" and you pick Diddy and they play another character, you are screwed.
How does this make you feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom