• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
And the space furries? I know Wolf is heavier than the other two, but Fox and Falco?
Falco and Lucas are in the same boat here. Toon Link at least is lighter and faster than Adult Link, plus way shorter. I can see Lucas and Falco being DLC instead, perhaps.

EDIT: And Ganondorf gets a new moveset.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
And the space furries? I know Wolf is heavier than the other two, but Fox and Falco?
Space furries are interesting. Fox and Falco have almost a Mario/Luigi relationship going on. Fox is the offensive Juggernaut and Falco is more of a defensive character. They are both heavy, but in terms of speed and jump there are big differences. Sakurai added Falco over Wolf during the Melee clone assault because of the more apparent differences in jumps and model design (a bird as opposed to another canine).

I think Falco is more of a keeper than Wolf in this situation. Fox, Falco and Wolf's specials are variations of each other. The only thing I think Wolf has going for him in terms of uniqueness is his ground-covering Forward Smash. But this design space can be utilized with new characters.

We will see. Personally, if I had to keep all three I would give the Side special and Up Special of Wolf to Falco and give Wolf all distinct special moves (he can keep his blaster).

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
wait there was new info about Lucas and such for the Sal leak? Where can I find what specific info he said?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Space furries are interesting. Fox and Falco have almost a Mario/Luigi relationship going on. Fox is the offensive Juggernaut and Falco is more of a defensive character. They are both heavy, but in terms of speed and jump there are big differences. Sakurai added Falco over Wolf during the Melee clone assault because of the more apparent differences in jumps and model design (a bird as opposed to another canine).

I think Falco is more of a keeper than Wolf in this situation. Fox, Falco and Wolf's specials are variations of each other. The only thing I think Wolf has going for him in terms of uniqueness is his ground-covering Forward Smash. But this design space can be utilized with new characters.

We will see. Personally, if I had to keep all three I would give the Side special and Up Special of Wolf to Falco and give Wolf all distinct special moves (he can keep his blaster).
Wolf can easily get a Gatling Gun from Assault, too, though.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
So I literally just joined to show you guys this. It's the Rhythm Heaven Ghost as an enemy in Smash Run. It's from the IGN stream at around 3:29:40. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3PZg2-GxdM This pretty much confirms the Gematsu leak.
Wait, is there ANY evidence that a franchise that doesn't get a character can't have an enemy in Smash Run? I'm not trying to act like I really doubt the leak but acting like that's an end all confirmation is pretty stupid.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Ha, so many people posting this at once. Yeah, I think this makes the leak look pretty good. Not confirmed, 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt if you really want to hang on to that .01% but hey.

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Welp that's that then, isn't it? Hard to remain skeptical now, though I am still open to the possibility of mis/disinformation.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah, there is no denial this leak is, for better or for worse, legit.

Looking forward to see Chorus Kid, even though Rhythm Girl would be a far better rep for the Rhythm Heaven series.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
With Miis and Pac-Man out of the way I feel like I just have a kill me now and get it over with attitude xD

Reila

I still am going to remain hopeful for Ridley and a DK newcomer
I still am going to remain hopeful for Ridley and a DK newcomer... and that Chrom isn't in the game.

He probably is and I will have to deal with it, lol

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Still don't really know why getting a Smash Run enemy automatically means guaranteed playable rep. I mean seriously, all we need is literally one series rep that isn't represented by a playable character confirmed as a smash run enemy, one, and suddenly it proves nothing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Still don't really know why getting a Smash Run enemy automatically means guaranteed playable rep. I mean seriously, all we need is literally one series rep that isn't represented by a playable character confirmed as a smash run enemy, one, and suddenly it proves nothing.
Pretty much.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It does make this piece of the leak look more likely, though.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I don't know if there is, though.

Unless you count the Find Mii ghost as an enemy without a playable character tied to it, since the Miis don't really represent Find Mii, but that may be stretching it.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Well it's not like Rhythm Heaven has a huge array of great enemies that needed to be in this. To me, this really suggests a playable character.

Though I want to check the footage myself, just to be certain.

D

Deleted member

It does make this piece of the leak look more likely, though.
Sure, it does prove that they're acknowledging Rhythm Heaven, but it doesn't outright allude to a playable character either. A series can be referenced in Smash, but have no playable character.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I don't know if there is, though.

Unless you count the Find Mii ghost as an enemy without a playable character tied to it, since the Miis don't really represent Find Mii, but that may be stretching it.
And that doesn't mean there will be?

(Also it would be kind of disappointing if Smash Run didn't give franchises with no playable characters a chance to shine, because it feels like this is the perfect place for that. Though that doesn't really mean anything validity wise)

Reila

I would love if at least the second part of the leak was bullocks, but really, why would they put a thing from Rhythm Heaven as an enemy in Smash Run?

An enemy from Rhythm Heaven

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I would love if at least the second part of the leak was bullocks, but really, why would they put a thing from Rhythm Heaven as an enemy in Smash Run?

An enemy from Rhythm Heaven
Because maybe if they weren't getting any playable characters and/or a small amount of assist trophies then god damnit, the game needs SOME LOVE. Again, I'm NOT trying to say I doubt the leak, I just think it's stupid to think that THIS is the thing that confirms it 100%

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Well, at this point, it's definitely hard for me to remain skeptical. I thought the leak had some legitimacy, but considering the fact that ALL of the confirmed newcomers this E3 have been Gematsu leak newcomers, and the fact that Rhythm Heaven of all franchises has an enemy in Smash Run, I'm accepting the rest of the leak. Bring on Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men!

I'm hoping the DLC part is true. I know that this may not be all of the newcomers, but I want at least some chance of getting a playable Dixie Kong. Maybe Roy, too?

Reila

Because maybe if they weren't getting any playable characters and/or a small amount of assist trophies then god damnit, the game needs SOME LOVE. Again, I'm NOT trying to say I doubt the leak, I just think it's stupid to think that THIS is the thing that confirms it 100%
Yes, the game needs more love and representation in Smash, but why as an enemy? Why not say, a trophy? Assist Trophy? I don't know, man.

If not by the leak, it wouldn't mean much. I mean, I don't think kremlings in Smash Run necessarily mean King K. Rool or a new DK rep is in Sm4sh.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Also, I still really need to know what the new information about the leak says, because people keep talking about it and I have no idea what the content of it is.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
He knew the exact name for "Mii Fighter" but didn't know "Palutena" he said she'd be named "Goddess Palutena."

I understand it may just be a slight oversight, but I just found that interesting. Rhythm Heaven might still not get a character, not entirely sure yet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sure, it does prove that they're acknowledging Rhythm Heaven, but it doesn't outright allude to a playable character either. A series can be referenced in Smash, but have no playable character.
Weren't all Weak Enemies like these guys directly from playable series only so far? Not counting SSB original enemies, of course(although they did have characters with the SSB symbol like Master Hand, etc. Not playable, unless you count Giga Bowser, but still).

I'm saying that it looks more believable just a tad bit because we now know Rhythm Heaven is represented some way in the game. I agree it doesn't confirm it, it does help a bit, though.

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
That settles it (Knew it was true all along). Chorus kids, Shulk, Chrom are the final newcomers. Unless sakurai has some secret sauce but honestly I doubt it. The leaker did mention DLC so ridley can always happen in the future... Kappa

Last edited:

Reila

That settles it (Knew it was true all along). Chorus kids, Shulk, Chrom are the final newcomers. Unless sakurai has some secret sauce but honestly I doubt it. The leaker did mention DLC so ridley can always happen in the future... Kappa
No, you didn't. No one knew if it was true or fake until the last few announcements.

Also, no, the three remaining newcomers mentioned in the leak aren't necessarily the final ones.

Why? Because Rosalina.

Last edited:

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
No, you didn't. No one knew if it was true or fake until the last few announcements.
Um yes I did. Ever since he mentioned Wiifit,megaman,villager I knew he was legit. I just wasn't as delusional as some people thinking he got lucky lol. Especially when Mac and Greninja got announced it was done.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
Who knows. Maybe there are other newcomers. K Rool has a good chance, especially due to the Kremlings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom