• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I get that people don't like Mii.

But don't let that cloud your judgement.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I get that people don't like Mii.

But don't let that cloud your judgement.
Pretty much. It's very realistic as a choice, and a fairly safe bet, honestly.

Because of this, it doesn't add or take away from the leak's validness. Albeit, it still has a high chance of being valid.

I do happen to like Mii, but eh, irrelevant.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Pretty much. It's very realistic as a choice, and a fairly safe bet, honestly.

Because of this, it doesn't add or take away from the leak's validness. Albeit, it still has a high chance of being valid.

I do happen to like Mii, but eh, irrelevant.
But what DOES take away from the Mii aspect of the leak's validity is the fact that we've seen them in the Find Mii stage. It raises some interesting questions and we don't have any answers.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
don't want to be real.(because chorus men. lol.- all rest are VERY safe......in fact all rest are gurantees in my book apart from shulk........and little mac and Rosalina used to be on it. there is only one he didn't mention : Dixie kong.)

also I found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkDYSHi8SO0&list=WLIOJeyMxBIF_eWx21k0wg4Q&index=17
But what DOES take away from the Mii aspect of the leak's validity is the fact that we've seen them in the Find Mii stage. It raises some interesting questions and we don't have any answers.
and we have also seen the stage WITHOUT the mii in it.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
But that was so long ago that aspect of the stage likely wasn't even implemented yet, so I find that doesn't really help either. Alternatively, it could be simply that the Mii had been freed sometime during the course of the match. So again, doesn't really help.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not really.

Toon Link showing up in both a Stage and as playable only makes it neutral again.

It's possible that those Miis are based upon the ones you have among your system, while the playable Mii has specifically set costumes.

That said, this is diving too much into character speculation.

D

Deleted member

Also, that is the "Prince Mii" character (who uses the player's Mii as design basis because he's the "son") rather than the player's "King Mii".

Last edited by a moderator:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Yeah, but that's Toon Link, not a generic player avatar. Plus, look at the quality of Toon Link there. Just awful. The Mii's so far look great, though. Why put that much effort into something that's gonna disappear? Also, I'd like to mention that since Alfonzo runs the train while Toon Link fights on the stage says that Sakurai has no idea that WW/PH Toon Link and ST Toon Link are completely separate entities.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

don't want to be real.(because chorus men. lol.- all rest are VERY safe......in fact all rest are gurantees in my book apart from shulk........and little mac and Rosalina used to be on it. there is only one he didn't mention : Dixie kong.)

also I found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkDYSHi8SO0&list=WLIOJeyMxBIF_eWx21k0wg4Q&index=17

Rosalina was never on the leak. She was confirmed before the second leak occurred and she did not show up on the first leak which had Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii, Pac-Man and Little Mac).

D

Deleted member

Yeah, but that's Toon Link, not a generic player avatar. Plus, look at the quality of Toon Link there. Just awful. The Mii's so far look great, though. Why put that much effort into something that's gonna disappear?
Also, that is the "Prince Mii" character (who uses the player's Mii as design basis because he's the "son") rather than the player's "King Mii".
Aside from that, with what little we've seen how can you possibly tell it "looks great"?
On another note, since Miis continuously co-exist as background elements and playable characters in games they appear in, who's to say that the player's Mii wouldn't literally just be the player's Mii while background Miis use random Miis that are saved to the Mii Maker or Mii Plaza?

So until Miis are directly confirmed not to be playable, literally nothing short of an Assist Trophy role is viable evidence towards their exclusion.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There has never been a game featuring playable Miis that didn't also include NPC Miis as well. So?

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I don't understand how or why the possibility of Miis being in the game is a bad thing.

I get that they're different than the standard video game character. But besides that, I don't think there is anything to gripe about.

what about the FOOTAGE of chorus man I posted?!
I believe that was deemed fake on site.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
There has never been a game featuring playable Miis that didn't also include NPC Miis as well. So?
^ This. Mii isn't just one character - you've probably got a couple dozen of them on your system right now. You play with one, and any other can be in that cage.

*sings* Nobody likes Mii, everybody hates Mii, they can go eat worms.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't understand how or why the possibility of Miis being in the game is a bad thing.

I get that they're different than the standard video game character. But besides that, I don't think there is anything to gripe about.
yes. and personaly I don't care if they are uin or not.
but I know they will be in.

I understand both sides of the argument but I just don't care for them XD.

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Yeah, but that's Toon Link, not a generic player avatar. Plus, look at the quality of Toon Link there. Just awful. The Mii's so far look great, though. Why put that much effort into something that's gonna disappear? Also, I'd like to mention that since Alfonzo runs the train while Toon Link fights on the stage says that Sakurai has no idea that WW/PH Toon Link and ST Toon Link are completely separate entities.
Toon Link looks that way to match the style of the Spirit Tracks stage, that's how he looked in Spirit Tracks.
The Miis match their Find Mii appearance.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Mind the off-topic, people. I don't want to give infractions to people who aren't careful to take conversations to their appropriate places, but I will do it if necessary.

The Mii discussion can go to the Character Boards.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
You know the worst part?

There's no veterans to go with this. Unless the game goes gold soon or something else comes up (and even then unless it's definitive proof...) we're only gonna receive an answer at E3.

Welp.

40 days left guys

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I bet that Sal will leak something else before E3.
Based on what we have so far, it seems that he waits until big events to leak (E3 2013, Smash Direct). So I can see him leaking the final newcomers right before E3.
I kinda hope he doesn't, though.

Shroob

Sup?
Based on what we have so far, it seems that he waits until big events to leak (E3 2013, Smash Direct). So I can see him leaking the final newcomers right before E3.
I have a strange feeling that it'll be the veteran list.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Aside from that, with what little we've seen how can you possibly tell it "looks great"?
'cause it looks way better than Toon Link does in the Spirit Tracks stage?

Look, I don't have a problem with Mii's. I think they have potential to be a fun and unique character. I just find it more fun to resist the flow than to submit and just go with it most of the time.

D

Deleted member

You know the worst part?

There's no veterans to go with this. Unless the game goes gold soon or something else comes up (and even then unless it's definitive proof...) we're only gonna receive an answer at E3.

Welp.

40 days left guys
I'll admit, it is quite strange that we haven't see Sal Romano's tipper leak any veterans yet. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about Ike's fate in this game (he's one of three characters I care about hearing now; the other being Mewtwo and King K. Rool) and it'd be kinda nice to see a veteran leak. At this moment, I'd prefer it over seeing newcomers (even if I really do want to see King K. Rool). Losing Ike to Ike 2.0 would hurt a lot worse than not seeing a newcomer get in that may get in SSB6 anyway (especially if Kremlings appearance in Smash Run leads to K. Rool's return in the DKC games).
That's what I have been saying all this time; if we get a third leak, the best time will be at E3. I don't think it's a coincidence that we've seen the two leaks come out right before major events in Smash and it is for this reason why we need to pay attention to the possibility of a leak occurring (especially within the week before E3 2014 starts). For all we know, if the Sal Romano leak is true and if he were to leak both the remaining veterans and newcomers, the speculation period (outside of DLC) may be over before the 3DS game even released.

As towards my feeling towards a last potential newcomer leak, I'm not sure what to feel. On the one hand, it'd be great to know who's in the game (veterans and newcomers) and it gives us the opportunity to prepare our response to the official roster (and would help ease disappointment), as well as take action if we really wanted to (not that it'd change much most likely). Plus it would allow me to retire from the speculation community early and focus on hyping the great things that are going to be in the game (Mega Man, better online, Smash Run, etc.). Yet at the same time, knowing the roster beforehand ruins the feeling of being excited if I see Mewtwo or King K. Rool on the roster and it is fun discussing potential characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader

Look, I don't have a problem with Mii's. I think they have potential to be a fun and unique character. I just find it more fun to resist the flow than to submit and just go with it most of the time.
But the it was on the 3DS when we saw it(I believe) and I'm pretty sure that the model was a direct rip from Spirit tracks, not only that but....the Mii came out on the Wii, which in turn would make any model rip better than the one in the 3DS version. You can't really compare a DS riped model with a Wii ripped model. Oh well that's just my take on things.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
But the it was on the 3DS when we saw it(I believe) and I'm pretty sure that the model was a direct rip from Spirit tracks, not only that but....the Mii came out on the Wii, which in turn would make any model rip better than the one in the 3DS version. You can't really compare a DS riped model with a Wii ripped model. Oh well that's just my take on things.
You make a good point there. I hadn't considered that.

D

Deleted member

Well in this case, it would be comparing a 3DS model to a DS model. Though the point would still stand.

That isn't saying much, really.
Pretty damn hard to outright butcher a simplistic model.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Well in this case, it would be comparing a 3DS model to a DS model. Though the point would still stand.

That isn't saying much, really.
Pretty damn hard to outright butcher a simplistic model.
Yeah Basically what I meant was: Wii Models look better on the Wii U
DS models look meh on the 3DS but you can't really compare those.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

also I found this

I actually thought that was real at first. Got me excited for nothing.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Also, I'd like to mention that since Alfonzo runs the train while Toon Link fights on the stage says that Sakurai has no idea that WW/PH Toon Link and ST Toon Link are completely separate entities.
Are you really complaining about the finer points of canon consistency on a Smash Bros forum?

If you're going to play devil's advocate, don't do it for the sake of whimsy. That's just a waste of everybody's time.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
you know, aside Pac-Man, I'm not actually a supporter of any of those characters.. but I also don't hate the idea of their inclusions either... I mean, all of them will include a lot of variety for the roster, and we'll get much more representation of Nintendo story in Smash (and this, for sure, includes Mii as well), which is awesome!.. some people may not like some certain characters... maybe their potential movesets or any other aspect, but their inclusions will something very VERY positive. No doubts about it.

I'm excited to see how Chorus Men will work, actually.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
If you're going to play devil's advocate, don't do it for the sake of whimsy. That's just a waste of everybody's time.
'cause we'd all rather be here discussing the finer points of what could ultimately wind up being a really elaborate joke?

You're right. I'll change my ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom