• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
I do remember what happened to the last thread...what happened to the last thread is exactly the opposite of what is happening in here, which is on-topic leak discussion.

For the uninitiated, Sal did come into that thread and explain his role in the leak. The detractors proceeded to spit more all-powerful totally applicable bias and theory jargon in his face, as well as to tell him he was running his website wrong by not posting every crap rumor under the sun like GoNintendo and/or running his website so as to get attention from "guessing Wii Fit Trainer." Surprise, surprise.
Speaking of....
LINK

Via Jason Schreier at Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/how-a-dumb-gaming-...ads-1569944698

There's a fair bit more at the link.

Kotaku said:
Originally Posted by Kotaku

How A Dumb Gaming Rumor Spreads, by Jason Schreier

Let's take a quick trip into the strange world of video game rumors—and see how easy it is for misinformation to spread across the web.

Today, rumors about the next Call of Duty popped up on a website called Bubblews.com. According to the article—posted under the byline "newsoftheday"—the next Call of Duty will be set during World War I, it'll be called "Call of Duty: Patriots," and it'll be out for current-gen systems and PC.

This rumor was linked on the gaming forum NeoGAF, and soon made its way to a number of websites, including the major outlet GameSpot. GameSpot is huge—as of this posting, their article about this rumor has 285 comments and hundreds of shares on Twitter and Facebook. On the official GameSpot Twitter account, the article has more than 400 retweets.

For this Call of Duty rumor, simply clicking on the author's byline reveals that he or she has no other posts on the site—there is no track record here, or reason to believe that any of this is correct. Anyone could have created this account and written this thing. (Of course, there's always an off chance that this might be true, just like there's a chance that your friend's uncle really does work at Nintendo. But nothing to add credence to this post at all.)

Let's take this one step further. It took me roughly two minutes to create an account on Bubblews and write this post:

So far this ridiculous post has netted my Bubblews account $1.72, and I imagine that number will grow. There is no discernible difference between my post and the Call of Duty one, other than the details being a little sillier.
GAMESPOT said:
UPDATE: Sometimes in trying to bring you the latest and most exciting news about games, we occasionally get in a bit of a rush. This is an instance where we feel we haven't performed due diligence, and that does a disservice to you, our reader.
The content on the source for this story is from a community-generated site that has no reason to provide accurate information and no way to police users to provide disinformation.
We always strive to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date information about the world of gaming, and this is just a case where there's not enough credibility to have made this information worth sharing. We apologize for publishing this story, even as just a rumor, but we'll continue to work hard creating a site that lives up to your expectations.
--Justin Haywald, Senior News Editor
So I think people saying Sal should post every rumor he comes across can hopefully see why that's such a stupid stance. I've yet to see anyone answer explanations regarding how silly an idea that is. When you have to issue apologies and corrections as a news agency it hurts your reputation. Gamespot is looking REALLY stupid right now.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Oh, you mean like Rosalina?

All the more skeptical.
I've been convinced that feeling that way if Ridley shows up ignores the flexible development/PR cycle of pretty much every industry.

Keep in mind neither of the leaks in question specifically point out anything with regards to E3 in June (looking back, I myself am guilty of forgetting that). The only thing we know is 7 of the 11 named characters have missed their deadline (including Little Mac).

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I've been convinced that feeling that way if Ridley shows up ignores the flexible development/PR cycle of pretty much every industry.

Keep in mind neither of the leaks in question specifically point out anything with regards to E3 in June (looking back, I myself am guilty of forgetting that). The only thing we know is 7 of the 11 named characters have missed their deadline (including Little Mac).
Oh, I'm aware that things change rapidly and without warning in development, but missing your chance to predict Rosalina and really solidify your 'leak' says that they're probably full of it. It's one thing to not know who Greninja is, it's a whole 'nother not knowing who Rosalina is, as much as Nintendo's been stuffing her down our throats since Galaxy.

D

Deleted member

Seeing as neither of the lists of characters made the claim that they were the only new additions, any additions not on the list such as Rosalina have absolutely no bearing on the leaks whatsoever.

The only thing that can discredit it is if any of the remaining characters (Miis, Pac-Man, Chrom, Shulk, Palutena, Chorus Kids) are revealed to be Assist Trophies or otherwise not playable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I feel like Sal is being sneaky and not tell us about Rosalina

Maybe he meant those were to be revealed at that E3. He's pulling this off for this E3.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Warning Received
I like how Smashchu never responds to the MOD posts, or hell, I don't think he even responded when Sal himself quoted his post in the last thread.
Not sure what you mean to the mod post. I actually did respond to Sal. You can look it up in the old thread.

Also, this forum has become WAY to immature. Some one makes a ridiculous post and me and a nothing guy call him out for it. NOPE. That's an infraction. Why should I bother to make well thought out post if everyone's just going to cry and act like buffoons. But I'm sure THIS will somehow violate the rules too.

Case in point: man up people. Geez.

Last edited:

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I can't disprove it at this point, but I really don't want Mii and the Chorus Men... please no.. >.>
C'mon, bro. What did those guys ever do to you?

I call for an end to the Smash Bros. fan-roster eugenic agenda. All characters are created equal and will be given equal opportunity in Sakurai's glorious new Nintendo battle-utopia.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Can someone tell me why everyone is so against Chorus Men?
Like seriously, you don't want a rhythm based trio? Is it because Rhythm Heaven is too obscure for you?
Get this: It sells more than Mother.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Like seriously, you don't want a rhythm based trio? Is it because Rhythm Heaven is too obscure for you?
People don't like things that aren't familiar. Like when ROB was confirmed; he was awesome, but loads of idiots thought it was a "waste of a character slot" or whatever that means.

All the self-proclaimed die-hard fans want Ridley or K.Rool, Deviantart lurkers without girlfriends want Krystal and Geno, etc. etc.

They all want validation for being lifelong Nintendo fans with no life outside their bedrooms, I guess. If they don't get their absolute favourite guy in Smash Bros., they think it means Sakurai doesn't care, despite how many tweets they sent him.

"Oh, why won't you listen, Sakurai? I'm your number one fan!!"

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
So the Mario Kart 8 Direct. Did it take out the 48 Roster Leak? Far as I can tell, drift is the same. I have no problems with the Gematsu leak if I know there's going to be others beyond it.

D

Deleted member

Because I want Wrestler.
They get in the way of that.

I'll still defend the leak from bull**** used as attempts to discredit it, but that doesn't mean I have to support what's in it.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
Because I want Wrestler.

I'll still defend the leak from bull**** used as attempts to discredit it, but that doesn't mean I have to support what's in it.
I agree wholeheartedly. Ridley isn't listed in the leaks. And an interesting left-field 3rd party character is missing as well so I really have no reason to defend it other than probability. Truth be told I was ambivalent towards the list but as people continuously whine and complain about the possibility of Miis and Chorus Men it makes me actually want to see them included. The salt would be glorious.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Because I want Wrestler.

I suspect if the Chorus Men are in, their attacks will likely involve their co-stars. They don't have enough moveset potential on their own. It's a pretty good way to represent the series.

What if the wrestler is a grab, eh? What then?

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
My dislike for Chorus Men is simply more of a personal choice. As I said before, I'd be 100% cool with it being true, 'cause it's not like I HAVE to play the character. Though a lot of the thing that helped me formulate the choice is the distinct lack of any real love for any franchises that already exist in Smash that still need newcomers, so I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst. Just, to me, Chorus Men exemplifies the worst.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
THERE WILL BE MINIMAL TO NO SPECULATION DISCUSSION ALLOWED: There are numerous other threads where you can discuss the possibility of X character getting into the next Smash or speculation other aspects of the game. Use them, don't clog up this thread with Fire Emblem General or discussing whenever or not Ridley is going to be playable.​
Please stay on topic everyone, if you wish to discuss the characters brought up in the leaks please use their respective threads (the list of character threads can be found here).

D

Deleted member

Because I want Wrestler.

Same here. This leak does nothing for me personally. Of all the characters leaked so far, only one was someone I actually supported; Mega Man. Even then, he was already confirmed before I started to believe the Gematsu leak, so what's the point of me defending the leak from a personal viewpoint? I don't care for anyone else and have concerns about Chrom and to a lesser extent, Pac-Man (who I used to be heavily anti-supportive of).

Characters that I would actually want to see; Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Paper Mario, Ridley, Isaac, Roy Mach Rider, etc, aren't anywhere to be found.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Warning Received
Rhythm Heaven, in my opinion, deserves series representation in Smash more than almost any other unrepresented series.
Fever was a hit, and I know both DS and Fever sold well, at least in Japan.
I just find Chorus Men to be a really cool idea. Would I be devastated if they aren't in the game? No.
But I want to see some Rhythm Heaven, damn it.

D

Deleted member

I suspect if the Chorus Men are in, their attacks will likely involve their co-stars. They don't have enough moveset potential on their own. It's a pretty good way to represent the series.

What if the wrestler is a grab, eh? What then?
I see what you did there.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I dont personally dislike any particular characters on Sal's leak... maybe mii but i've come around to the idea.

however i am hopeing for a few more reveals only because i find "the sal roster" (brawl with some cuts + sals leak) a little bland... though im preparing for it after seeing mario kart 8's final roster and i never found sakurai to make the most diverse rosters imo.

pickle962

Smash Lord
In my honest opinion? Given how the guy didn't guess Rosalina or Greninja's appearance on the roster (though many had speculated a sixth gen rep for months just not Greninja), im just gonna come out and it that the guy is just making crap up as he goes along for the most part all because he got "famous" when it was revealed a wacky oddball choice like Wii Fit Trainer would be a playable character and he randomly speculated (read he randomly guessed and guesses for character choices for a new smash game generally have like a 0.0001 percent chance of actually coming true!) it would be in the game prior to E3 2013 Nintendo Direct alongside Mega Man and Little Mac! (thought LM wasn't revealed till earlier this year) and decided to backpedal on his speculation and act like it was FACT that he knew all along!

Anywhom, chances are high we could get a new Fire Emblem rep though its pretty much a given just like a rep from the latest pokemon games I will say that much and there's a solid chance for one more third party character to make the roster IMO

Miis (AS PLAYABLE CHARACTERS MIND YOU) would ruin what smash is all about and online fights would quickly devolve into "homer simpson VS darth vader" or "Harry Potter vs Justin Bieber" in the event the Mii character could be customized to look like your personal mii or whatever Mii you feel like using! Yeah...not very Nintendo-y huh?

Chorus men? yeah...that has the same chance of Waluigi being made a playable character...

Palutena? Read the sentence that precedes this one!

Anywhom that is just my two cents on the supposed know it all leaker! ;)

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
In my honest opinion? Given how the guy didn't guess Rosalina or Greninja's appearance on the roster (though many had speculated a sixth gen rep for months just not Greninja), im just gonna come out and it that the guy is just making crap up as he goes along for the most part all because he got "famous" when it was revealed a wacky oddball choice like Wii Fit Trainer would be a playable character and he randomly speculated (read he randomly guessed and guesses for character choices for a new smash game generally have like a 0.0001 percent chance of actually coming true!) it would be in the game prior to E3 2013 Nintendo Direct alongside Mega Man and Little Mac! (thought LM wasn't revealed till earlier this year) and decided to backpedal on his speculation and act like it was FACT that he knew all along!

Anywhom, chances are high we could get a new Fire Emblem rep though its pretty much a given just like a rep from the latest pokemon games I will say that much and there's a solid chance for one more third party character to make the roster IMO

Miis (AS PLAYABLE CHARACTERS MIND YOU) would ruin what smash is all about and online fights would quickly devolve into "homer simpson VS darth vader" or "Harry Potter vs Justin Bieber" in the event the Mii character could be customized to look like your personal mii or whatever Mii you feel like using! Yeah...not very Nintendo-y huh?

Chorus men? yeah...that has the same chance of Waluigi being made a playable character...

Is it not possible, for even just a second, that the leaker glanced at Sakurai's notes? Is it not possible that the leaker got his info before they decided which XY pokemon they were gonna add? Is it not possible that they added Rosalina after the leaker leaked his info? Also could you give this a read?

Well I'm finally home. I'll take my time with this one.

I see a lot of the detractors of this leak state that it's definitely just a lucky guess, or the guy is making it up and running with it. Let's run a background check on our friend Sal Romano.

Sal Romano:
-Owner of a website
-has leaked legitimate information before
-would lose credibility should he be wrong
(yet guesses Wii Fit Trainer who, prior to E3, would have been shot down by basically 99.9999% of the Smash Bros fanbase. Don't even try to argue that.) Animal Crossing Guy, to the average joe isn't a questionable choice, but to the people who follow Sakurai and the series very closely, it was a highly doubted idea for awhile due to his comments about the Villager.

This guy has some credibility if I do say so myself. That's my take on that part of it.

Sal came to Smashboards briefly after the second leak, and explained what he knew. He received the supposed email for E3 awhile before the event (pretty sure it was a few months beforehand), and he saved it until just before as a guess. He claims that he questioned the leak, and he still does. He gets the concern with the fact that Rosalina was missed, and that X/Y Pokemon was questionable.

Let's look back at the first leak.

Sal says, "Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Mii will appear at E3"

Detractors will say that because all six of them didn't appear, the leak is automatically fake. So it didn't come to fruition just yet. Guess where else there was inaccurate information? A Pokemon X/Y leak. However, in that particular Pokemon X/Y leak, a majority of the information the leaker gave was actually CORRECT, save for a few parts (by few, I mean VERY few). On the flip side, while Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii hadn't appeared at E3, the other three did. Two of which are arguably dark horse characters that would have been the most questionable choices.

Later on, Little Mac was confirmed at a later date. That's character number four that Sal's leaker got. However, Little Mac isn't a difficult character to predict...if you're a North American fan. Most Japanese Smash Bros fans didn't recognize Little Mac, nor did some understand why he was picked. Little Mac, while seemingly an obvious pick to western fans, was incredibly obscure to Japanese fans. He's not as obvious as some think.

Pac-Man has yet to appear, but should you deny the likelihood of this guy showing up, you're getting your hopes up. Namco already has a presence in Smash Bros in the form of items, and I think it should make perfect sense for Namco to receive a character, especially one in the echelon of Pac-Man, who happens to still be a major gaming icon. Maybe not modern gaming, but classic gaming for sure. Smash covers all facets of gaming history and Nintendo, and Pac-Man fits that bill.
Don't even bring in that Sakurai quote about Namco not getting special treatment. That doesn't rule out just one Namco character. Multiple Namco characters was never likely anyway.

The Mii's haven't appeared either. However, they still have quite the chance to get in. There really isn't anything to draw from as far as their potential appearance just yet, but that doesn't take away the fact that they could easily happen.

So now, let's look at the second Sal Romano leak.

Sal says, " Leaker has sent a second email, saying that Pac-Man and Mii's are still coming, but there are other newcomers as well. They are: Chrom, Shulk, Palutena, Chorus Men, and an X/Y Pokemon"

Let's look at these characters one by one.

Chrom: A fairly likely Fire Emblem pick, as the protagonist from the latest Fire Emblem game, Fire Emblem: Awakening. You could say he was a "safe" choice should this leak be fake. But that's asinine logic, based on the fact that the rest of the newcomer roster is filled with characters few expected should this be real. Do you expect off the wall characters along with Wii Fit Trainer and Chorus Men (and to a lesser extent, Villager)?

Shulk: Protagonist from the critically acclaimed Xenoblade Chronicles. He's a fairly popular character in Japan (being at least top 10 I believe) and has quite the following in the western fanbases. He's a reasonable choice, but I'm not entirely convinced that he's a "safe" choice. If you want to get into there being too many "safe" choices, see the section on Chrom.

Palutena: a character that has been hinted at multiple times now, is very likely to be in Smash Wii U/3DS. Another "safe choice" but again, read "Chrom".

Chorus Men: This is where it gets icky. This is yet another character that nobody saw coming. This, in my honest opinion, is the only thing that will make or break this leak. If they aren't playable characters (or whatever Chorus Men consists of), the leak can be deemed fake. If they are playable, I find it highly likely that the leak will turn out to be real. This is probably another case of the character being revealed, and then speculators going on about how they were likely the whole time. I'm telling you now, they're an off the wall choice, and their position in Smash Bros 4 will make or break this leak.

X/Y Pokemon: Oh the controversial character, a Pokemon from Pokemon X/Y. This was not highly considered by many fans out there. There are many people who claim that because it was Greninja specifically, that it debunks the leak. Let me tell you why that's bad logic...you see, before Ike was chosen for Brawl, Sakurai simply had the concept of a slow moving, heavy sword user. There is proof of this, and once I get a hold of it, I will add it to this post. For the time being (before Ike was actually chosen for that spot) it could quite simply be argued, that the Fire Emblem newcomer...was simply labeled as "Fire Emblem character" just as the choice from Pokemon X/Y is possibly be labeled "X/Y Pokemon". It's happened before, no reason it can't happen again. No matter how you slice it, it is entirely accurate that an "X/Y Pokemon" turned out to be Greninja. Greninja is a Pokemon that debuted in Pokemon X/Y, therefore, he fits in the category of "X/Y Pokemon". I don't see what the problem is here.

What I'm getting at here, is that there is presently nothing that can prove either side.

You can say it's fake, but that would bypass the fact that Sal Romano is a fairly credible source, so it should be assumed he wouldn't be making this up himself. If the guy wanted the leak to spread (which he wouldn't) that would be when he would go to a mod on IGN or a big name website. Sal, who is the owner of Gematsu, which is a small website most people have probably never heard of, claims to have gotten the information from a separate source. He did not make this leak himself. Why would he? Claiming otherwise would be going directly against the information we have. He has talked to Smashboards Staff after being asked for information. He is not bragging he's getting things right. I could go on, but I think you're getting my point.

What do I think? Well, if I'm being honest, I do believe this leak. The "safe" picks make sense, and don't make it unbelievable (which doesn't take from the credibility of the leak). It makes sense to have a Pokemon from the latest gen, as Melee and Brawl both had one from their current Pokemon Generations.

Don't get any scientific terms in here, because they don't do anything for this right now. It's all speculation at this point. It all hinges on the Rhythm Heaven Chorus Men. Should they be confirmed, it should be heavily considered that this leak is real.

That's pretty much my view on it.

EDIT: Here is a journal entry from Sakurai about the Fire Emblem character:
New work of "Fire Emblem" is produced in the Wii at the stage of July 2005 announced the creation of "Smash Bros. X"
I've found that. There is no information about the character, because I did not know anything, is at the stage of making a proposal
where he was referred to as "someone in the Fire Emblem". "I feel the heavy contrary to appearance from the developer of the original Ike
if there is a demand to put out ", was aimed at rough character with a large sword. The attack for heavy movement
easily dodged, though that painful mess it hits. In the original, the enemies far away with something like shock wave
Is there also situations to attack, but do you accommodate phase and Ike image that should aim at "Smash Bros. X".
In addition, rather than in terms of character of, when you embody a quality of character on the game, will be accepted
out did you think that it is whether to become balance. After all, the character if Tsukkome remains of the original, such as the skill
but I was not the case in any way speaking likeness restrictor is, or get out.

It's a rough translation, but it's pretty much understandable.

Dinoman96

Smash Master

Very professional stuff here.

Not really.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Miis (AS PLAYABLE CHARACTERS MIND YOU) would ruin what smash is all about
This.
We already have one console rep, WFT, and Miis would steal slots from much more deserving characters however you look at it. I would think that Sakurai would know this, and that's why I'm skeptical on the "source". Pacman is more arguable but still it's not like he has a great chance of joining.

The guy may have real info mixed in with characters to raise the hype for the leak.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
If Nintendo pushes Sakurai to include Mii's though, then Mii's will be included. I doubt Sakurai has the authority to outright say no to Nintendo. If this leak is just making guesses, I'm pretty certain Mii is a safe bet. I mean, they have been including them in Mario Kart now and those races haven't yet devolved into Hitler vs Male Genitals Face. Have they?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
If Nintendo pushes Sakurai to include Mii's though, then Mii's will be included. I doubt Sakurai has the authority to outright say no to Nintendo. If this leak is just making guesses, I'm pretty certain Mii is a safe bet. I mean, they have been including them in Mario Kart now and those races haven't yet devolved into Hitler vs Male Genitals Face. Have they?
Mario kart is different from smash. In smash the focus is on the characters more than it is in MK and adding miis ruins the purpose of smash.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Why is there so much hate for the roster already? Nobody's even played the game yet. Who knows, that character you're bashing might be a lot of fun, or even your best.

For example, I've always really hated Diddy as a character outside the context of Smash Bros. - actually, just any Donkey Kong in general. It doesn't help that I don't even like monkeys. As you can imagine, I wasn't very thrilled when he was included in Brawl, to the point where I'd cringe whenever I got him as Random. I just despise his character that much, and I honestly don't even know why.

So last night I got to meet up with a fellow SmashBoarder and play some Project M. From a Random match, I somehow discovered Diddy was really speaking to me, and after playing a few more rounds with him I found I was playing him way better than my main.

My least favorite character on P:M's roster might be my main. How do you know Mii isn't yours?

Last edited:

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
The first leak has to be true. I mean he got megaman, villager, wii fit trainer and little mac right. 4 out of 6 of the initial leak is no guess its a spot on reveal. Missing rosalina is not out of place he could have thought it was a peach costume. Also he never said these were ALL the newcomers he just said these were the newcomers he knew of.

Just because a character is in doesn't mean he is wrong if he didn't mention it. Now if chorus men don't make it in then his second leak is wrong. Guessing a 6th gen pokemon does not an accurate prediction make. At this point though even if Pac-Man is not in it may not mean the initial leak was wrong it could just mean Pac-Man was planned but dropped. At this point no one can argue that a 4 out of 6 initial leak is just guessing. Not with those names. Not only did he say far out characters but he also accurately predicted the first characters to get revealed. I mean those newcomers could have been revealed way down the line, but no they were the first revealed and he called it. He had inside knowledge.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I have an emotional bias towards this leak but I'm going to call out everyone that disagrees with my personal assessment of the leak based off of my opinion of it by claiming THEY have an emotional bias towards it (which, granted, they probably do.) Something, Something, confirmation and/or hindsight bias, once again being used to justify my point of view no matter what it might be.

Am I doing this right?

D

Deleted member

Why is there so much hate for the roster already? Nobody's even played the game yet. Who knows, that character you're bashing might be a lot of fun, or even your best.

For example, I've always really hated Diddy as a character outside the context of Smash Bros. - actually, just any Donkey Kong in general. It doesn't help that I don't even like monkeys. As you can imagine, I wasn't very thrilled when he was included in Brawl, to the point where I'd cringe whenever I got him as Random. I just despise his character that much, and I honestly don't even know why.

So last night I got to meet up with a fellow SmashBoarder and play some Project M. From a Random match, I somehow discovered Diddy was really speaking to me, and after playing a few more rounds with him I found I was playing him way better than my main.

My least favorite character on P:M's roster might be my main. How do you know Mii isn't yours?
All we have to do at this point is to point towards R.O.B. When we found out he was in Brawl, people hissed at him because "he took away a spot from MY favorite character" (which isn't even close to the truth). Now he's a popular choice and most people don't want him to get axed. All of these choices in the leak are going to end up being worthwhile additions (except maybe Chrom), so we do have a pretty good line-up here.

Many people are also forgetting that Sal Romano's tipper never state these were all the newcomers, just the ones he knew were in the game. Rosalina wasn't leak, so it does leave the possibility for more unleaked characters to get in (and I'd dare say, I'm sure there's at least one more coming down the pipeline).

Arcticbanana

Smash Rookie
Maybe the reason Rosalina wasn't in the second leak is because she was already confirmed? It was pretty obvious and didn't need to be said again.

D

Deleted member

....Just when I thought I've seen the worst out of this thread.....

....never has my current avatar been so fitting.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
....Just when I thought I've seen the worst out of this thread.....

....never has my current avatar been so fitting.
Agreed...I feel like whoever this is does not know a thing about Palutena or the leak regarding her either :p

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Agreed...I feel like whoever this is does not know a thing about Palutena or the leak regarding her either :p
I don't find the Palutena leak to be conclusive evidence. It's one of those things that I personally find something off about. I think that leak is kinda in limbo at the moment, though, right?

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I don't find the Palutena leak to be conclusive evidence. It's one of those things that I personally find something off about. I think that leak is kinda in limbo at the moment, though, right?
Well sure, leaks in general aren't all that big of evidence, its just the fact that no one can break this leak that gets most people. Including myself. And yeah I believe it is. I just found it ridiculous how he says that Palutena has as big of a chance as Waluigi getting in :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom