• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Well that's just horrible logic. Just because he didn't include Rosalina, there's no guarantee that there is anyone else besides her absent, as you're stating definitively. Horrible logic, horrible argument. We have no idea if we'll see more characters outside of the leak, but as the numbers climb it becomes increasingly unlikely. There's only so much space.
I'm just trying to make a point, I'm sure we will get more newcomers than we did in Brawl.

Last edited:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Her announcement trailer also includes characters not revealed until after e3, unlike the other announcement trailers of characters that were said to appear at e3.
Pac-Man's trailer definitely contains characters not revealed at last E3. Heck, it even includes one character not revealed at this E3 at the end! I'm also pretty certain that the trailer for Miis contains characters revealed since last E3. Little Mac's might, too, but that one I'm not entirely sure of.
I'm just trying to make a point, I'm sure we will get more newcomers than we did in Brawl.
Why would you be? Sakurai said long ago to do the exact opposite, to not expect as many newcomers in this game, which at this rate certainly doesn't look like just some mind game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Brawl had 18 new characters.

Eighteen.

Do you really think we'll have more than this:
:charizard::dedede::diddy::ike::ivysaur::lucario::lucas::metaknight::olimar::pit::rob::snake::sonic::squirtle::toonlink::wario::wolf::zerosuitsamus:

Last edited by a moderator:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Brawl had 18 new characters.

Eighteen.

Do you really think we'll have more than this:
:charizard::dedede::diddy::ike::ivysaur::lucario::lucas::metaknight::olimar::pit::rob::snake::sonic::squirtle::toonlink::wario::wolf::zerosuitsamus:
Yes
More than Brawl? Lol, no, at max we'll probably see newcomers between Melee and Brawl.
All I was saying was the leak is not the end-all be-all for newcomers. We are going to get more newcomers than what the leak says, the leak isn't a god to worship blindly, so stop treating it like it is.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yes

All I was saying was the leak is not the end-all be-all for newcomers. We are going to get more newcomers than what the leak says, the leak isn't a god to worship blindly, so stop treating it like it is.
I don't worship the leak blindly, I hate it. And I do think we'll get more characters than what are in the leak, but only 3-4 at best.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Fair enough, but allow me to say "I'm sorry" ahead of time for your immense disappointment with these long-awaited titles when their roster does not add 19+ new characters.
Not expecting 19+ newcomers, just more than the ones in Brawl, and your sarcasm isn't appreciated.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Pac-Man's trailer definitely contains characters not revealed at last E3. Heck, it even includes one character not revealed at this E3 at the end! I'm also pretty certain that the trailer for Miis contains characters revealed since last E3. Little Mac's might, too, but that one I'm not entirely sure of.
Gameplay does not count as it can be easily changed with a different scene recorded in place of another. I'm talking about the cgi cutscenes.
Rosalina's had luigi and peach in it, while none of the alleged e3 characters had post e3 characters.
Pacman had basically no cgi (and that wasn't smash design g&w regardless), as it was just 3 basic colors, and the absence of Sonic for Blue would not have changed anything if he was revealed earlier.
Everyone on this thread is a pessimist...
Call me crazy, but i'm still holding out for Snake.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Not expecting 19+ newcomers, just more than the ones in Brawl, and your sarcasm isn't appreciated.
Brawl had 18 newcomers, so if you think SSB4 will have more newcomers than Brawl (like you said), then you ARE expecting 19+.

Your math is lacking.

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'm just expecting the 11 that were leaked, plus Rosalina. To me, that's a good chunk of 'em. I feel like the newcomers we got for this game are far more memorable than the ones in Brawl. Quality over quantity if you will.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
your sarcasm isn't appreciated.
That wasn't exactly meant to be sarcasm, I am legitimately sad to hear it when fellow huge fans set themselves up for serious disappointment. I wish all the fans could love and be satisfied with the games regardless of things like roster size.
No they aren't.
Though it is highly debatable of course, so far Rosalina and Chrom are the only newcomers that are anything like past characters, while in Brawl Lucas, Wolf, Toon Link, and Wario were all similar technically and/or visually to returning veterans, so it would seem that these new games have a slight edge over Brawl in terms of memorable roster additions. But again, it's all debatable, so this is really just my opinion when it gets down to it.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
No they aren't.
Mega man and Pac man alone are more memorable than any brawl newcomer, (except for maybe Sonic)
Smash 4's newcomers are proving to be amazingly diverse with many new franchises being brought in this time around.
Quality over quantity if you will.
This is exactly the vibe i'm getting this time around.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Personally not expecting any more than what's in the leak. We don't have any evidence that would suggest that there's more.

Obviously I'd like to be proven wrong on this but that's where I stand right now.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Though it is highly debatable of course, so far Rosalina and Chrom are the only newcomers that are anything like past characters, while in Brawl Lucas, Wolf, Toon Link, and Wario were all similar technically and/or visually to returning veterans, so it would seem that these new games have a slight edge over Brawl in terms of memorable roster additions. But again, it's all debatable, so this is really just my opinion when it gets down to it.
Oh, you're talking about in terms of being Smash characters. I thought you meant in terms of being iconic and memorable video game characters.

D

Deleted member

Oh, you're talking about in terms of being Smash characters. I thought you meant in terms of being iconic and memorable video game characters.
Mega Man and Pac-Man are pretty iconic. Little Mac (at least in America) and Villager are also somewhat iconic, depending on your viewpoint. But I agree, as much as I like a lot of the characters, the roster doesn't really stick out as much as past ones have.

Oh look, we should probably get back on topic.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
What in this thread or in general? :/
In general. Don't worry about it too much, sounds like it was just a simple misunderstanding. Now you'll know for the future! :kirby:

Like Chucklehead Tom was saying, back to the topic at hand: Has anyone else now discounted the RosalinaX leak based on the combination of the CSS size and Sal's information? I know I have. RosalinaX must have just gotten lucky with a guess that was very close to the truth. Glad we have at least one leak that has withstood all tests of time.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In general. Don't worry about it too much, sounds like it was just a simple misunderstanding. Now you'll know for the future! :kirby:

Like Chucklehead Tom was saying, back to the topic at hand: Has anyone else now discounted the RosalinaX leak based on the combination of the CSS size and Sal's information? I know I have. RosalinaX must have just gotten lucky with a guess that was very close to the truth. Glad we have at least one leak that has withstood all tests of time.
RosalinaX was dead long ago, but that said we really don't know the final roster yet and trying to guess based on the CSS doesn't do anything because it will just get resized as more characters are unlocked, while the 3DS version can't get any smaller so it will have to scroll (which makes it completely immeasurable). However, regardless, 48 characters and 4 cuts is incredibly unlikely because Random button is still a thing. 50 slots (including Random) is perfectly valid, but 49? That's a very, very odd number. That alone should destroy RosalinaX.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
RosalinaX's leaks are too safe.
The only thing really proven on the MK leak was the really safe stuff like a nerf to inside drifting, and there is very little in the way of deconfirming the smash leak.
Also, apparently when Grilled about it by our own mods, Rosalina mentioned something about a color wheel for characters, which i seriously doubt is in this game in any way.
, but 49? That's a very, very odd number. That alone should destroy RosalinaX.
48 character slots, random icon and DLC icon.
Still disconfirmed, though.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

Anything based on the CSS is bogus; the CSS molds to the roster, not the other way around. And have people not read that big gamefaqs post explaining how RosalinaX has no credibility? He just made vague statements based on what people would expect, he did not leak any actual legitimate information.

Also, regarding the whole newcomers thing, more than Brawl is not so realistic, but only having Gematsu + Rosalina is being awfully pessimistic, and is pretty much just based on pessimism and awful speculation (seriously people, the CSS can "fit" more than 48 "slots", don't use the CSS to speculate the final roster). And also, do people seriously think Sakurai would leave such a small amount of the roster a mystery, even after he lamented about how he revealed too much stuff for Brawl prerelease?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
RosalinaX's leaks are too safe.
The only thing really proven on the MK leak was the really safe stuff like a nerf to inside drifting, and there is very little in the way of deconfirming the smash leak.
Also, apparently when Grilled about it by our own mods, Rosalina mentioned something about a color wheel for characters, which i seriously doubt is in this game in any way.

48 character slots, random icon and DLC icon.
Still disconfirmed, though.
I suppose a DLC icon would work, but I doubt the characters would be added through a DLC icon and instead just have them added to the main roster anyway. Again, the 3DS will have to scroll, the screen is too small to fit any more rows of characters and the icons barely fit right now anyway.

Anything based on the CSS is bogus; the CSS molds to the roster, not the other way around. And have people not read that big gamefaqs post explaining how RosalinaX has no credibility? He just made vague statements based on what people would expect, he did not leak any actual legitimate information.

Also, regarding the whole newcomers thing, more than Brawl is not so realistic, but only having Gematsu + Rosalina is being awfully pessimistic, and is pretty much just based on pessimism and awful speculation (seriously people, the CSS can "fit" more than 48 "slots", don't use the CSS to speculate the final roster). And also, do people seriously think Sakurai would leave such a small amount of the roster a mystery, even after he lamented about how he revealed too much stuff for Brawl prerelease?
I agree on all accounts. We've probably go more characters we don't know about that didn't get leaked, but we definitely won't have more Newcomers than Brawl.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
And also, do people seriously think Sakurai would leave such a small amount of the roster a mystery, even after he lamented about how he revealed too much stuff for Brawl prerelease?
... I completely forgot that statement.

You may have restored a glimmer of hope in me.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
And also, do people seriously think Sakurai would leave such a small amount of the roster a mystery, even after he lamented about how he revealed too much stuff for Brawl prerelease?
Yes.

He also is quoted saying, when asked about the Subspace Emissary, that the internet has made it difficult to keep anything secret now-a-days. So the SSE lost its appeal in Brawl because everyone could watch the cutscenes online before they got the game.

If he feels this way about that, he probably shares a similar mindset in regards to characters and stages too.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Yes.
He also is quoted saying, when asked about the Subspace Emissary, that the internet has made it difficult to keep anything secret now-a-days. So the SSE lost its appeal in Brawl because everyone could watch the cutscenes online before they got the game.
If he feels this way about that, he probably shares a similar mindset in regards to characters and stages too.
But he also said that he's going to have all cgi cutscenes in sm4sh available from the start. Why not reveal most characters if someone can just watch their trailers as soon as you get the game anyway?

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
But he also said that he's going to have all cgi cutscenes in sm4sh available from the start. Why not reveal most characters if someone can just watch their trailers as soon as you get the game anyway?
That's what I'm saying. I'm saying that there probably aren't going to be a whole lot of surprises on the roster when we get it come September (Japanese release).

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Yes.

I wouldn't say it's equivalent. You can watch the cutscenes online and there, you got whatever you could get out of it, you don't need to buy and play the game to see them anymore, just like how after you watch a movie online through youtube, you would have no real incentive to buy it to watch it anymore. That is what the problem with the cutscenes being online is, the developers' work on it easily goes to waste, as not buying the game is not necessary to enjoy them (plus I think the number one reason behind cutting SSE and cutscenes is because they took up too much space and development, which then goes to waste like that). This is not the same as spoilers and keeping stuff about the game a mystery, as even if people spoil themselves about such stuff, they still need to actually buy the game to enjoy it.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
That's what I'm saying. I'm saying that there probably aren't going to be a whole lot of surprises on the roster when we get it come September (Japanese release).
.....oh.
apologies for the misunderstanding.
Obviously I'd like to be proven wrong on this but that's where I stand right now.
I'd like to be proven wrong about newcomers as well.
Honestly at this point i'm just worried about veterans, though. If Lucas is on the chopping block, i'm wondering who else could be in danger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom