• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Sooooo, I am going to be back in town for a bit, town being Greenville. I haven't touched smash in probably close to a year, but I am real solid at SSF4 and I play a bit of Marvel. I would be down to play any of the three.
^new melee players should hit this guy up, don't miss your chance while he's home for the holidays, this is one of the best dudes I've met through the game! and his family's awesome too :D

why charleston so far all the time HUUUUU

OneWing_Angel

Smash Apprentice
Is there much of a Melee scene in Anderson? I'll be going through there this weekend and I'll be free most of Sunday. I could possibly swing through Greenville on Sunday, but that's only if there is some for-sure Melee going down. I live in Georgia, but I live so close to SC, that when I'm not around Atlanta for college, I'd love to come join in SC Melee.

Tag: Work
RL Name: Devin
Cell: 706-201-2908
Captain Falcon
Kennesaw, GA (Elberton, GA on holiday/summer)

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
scha-k-47, my roommate and I play SSF4 and Melee. We play just for fun but are competitive about it. Hit me up if you're interested.

Kidd! You didn't say if you want to play sometime our ot. I'm in Spartanburg, SC, now if you guys missed it.

KodiakBear

Smash Cadet
Heading up to greenville area later this evening, let me know if any of you guys in that area want to play.

Also hope to see you, dill, sometime while im in the upstate.

Le Fou Syke

Smash Rookie
Good friendlies at Augusta, GA wit Sai and friends today.
@work yo u gon be free sunday? I live in cola and will be down to travel for melee

Also may hold something in cola this month. I got a pretty big apartment. I kno its holidays but im sure some ppl from Augusta will come thru. Friendly/MMs/watev. **** will be ill.

:phone:

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
scha-k-47, my roommate and I play SSF4 and Melee. We play just for fun but are competitive about it. Hit me up if you're interested.

Kidd! You didn't say if you want to play sometime our ot. I'm in Spartanburg, SC, now if you guys missed it.
Yeah dude I'd totally drive down to play you again sometime =D

Edit- Scha's nasty at SSF4, he's kinda beast at that, as in back in August 2010 he ***** the Rambats SFF4 tourny in columbia like it was free money and didn't even lose a set when he got counter picked LOL, WINNERS BRACKET ALL THE WAY

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
Awww snap I haven't been here in a minute. But yeah long story short I'll be back for a month for break. Wooot. We could also play some KOF, and Mk. And wooot it'd be awwsome to c scha and everyone else

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
Scha has good footsies and he turtles.. Ive heard he gets flak for that.

:phone:
I wouldn't say I get flak for that. It honestly depends on the day with my play style. Most of the times I am pretty aggressive. Most people just don't understand not to jump at me and fight me on the ground.

Also in regards to my statement about *free money*. I will say that the tournament scene in Columbia seemed more concentrated on Blaz Blue than SSF4. I also just got back from a heavy training regiment on the West Coast. I would love to see how the community down there has leveled up since then.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Which is almost this entire generation. I know a couple of people that hate him because he's easymode, but I agree with you. His footsies are kinda domination on certain characters though. But I think I don't hate Rog cause I have fundamentals from ST for the most part.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, we're friends actually. lol

And yeah, Akuma players complain so much but they have a vortex that has so many variables that it's impossible to read, you just have to guess. The player that told me that about rog was a kumes player too.

CFMR

Smash Cadet
So kodiakbear is staying with me for a while. I live in Greenwood which is close to anderson/greenville area. anyone in the area want to play?

text: 864-992-9883

Dr.Faust

Smash Cadet
Sup guys i've talked to the guys at dotgames about a tournament and they said the best day would be Sunday form 12:00 to 5:00 like my old tournament over there but they will stay open longer if the tournament last longer. Anyway how does Sunday sound.

EDIT: When I say sunday I mean hosting a tournament once a month on a Sunday

weez nuts sc

Smash Cadet
hey rc are you in charleston currently? if so we should play sometime over break as i'm back in summerville for the holidays. my marth has been improving (idk if you and dillhard talk smash while playing LOL but we both think we're getting less terrible) and i'd be grateful if you'd kick my *** for a little bit

weez nuts sc

Smash Cadet
awesome i'm not sure what your schedules are like but i'm basically free all the damn time. how does later this week work? (like thursday or friday sometime perhaps) if not i should be here until sometime around the new year

Dr.Faust

Smash Cadet
Sup guys. I got the official word that we can host a tournament on any Sunday we want :) I got a flyer done too. I'm thinking the best time is one or two weeks after Christmas break because people will be looking for stuff to do after Break and will have some cash and that students can post it at high school and college. What do yall think? Also I need the rules for SSBB and SSBM tournys explained to me. PM me to call me and talk about it. And please bring Setups for the tourny when it happens.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
...true i guess, you'd be useful to split gas with...and i am a very likely candidate to end up at these, as long as SC melee makes full plans to attend. it seems you're pretty out of the way for everyone else though faust, but if they go in full force, you can expect my attendance as well, barring any other reasons i wouldn't attend.

Dr.Faust

Smash Cadet
...true i guess, you'd be useful to split gas with...and i am a very likely candidate to end up at these, as long as SC melee makes full plans to attend. it seems you're pretty out of the way for everyone else though faust, but if they go in full force, you can expect my attendance as well, barring any other reasons i wouldn't attend.
Cool. I'm getting a copy of melee soon and i'll just copy someones data for brawl.

KodiakBear

Smash Cadet
Had some good games with Spencer at Cabel's house and hope to get some more in before he heads out. been a long time since i played against shiek P:<

Top Bottom