• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I can agree with all of those statements. I haven't played cool-aid.

CO18 whooped my sheik with pit yesterday. his moveset is just really good, disjoints, decent power, good recovery and good speed over all.
Pit is a dark horse character in brawl.

He is basically a hybrid of a lesser Falco and a lesser MK. He's not as good as either of them, but he's still very good. I would venture to say he's better than Olimar at the least.

Ness isn't mid tier..................
Ness has amazing tools and a very strong moveset. He is a gimmick character for sure, but so are many mid tier characters. His grab-release weakness sucks but he is difficult to grab and it really only affects a few high profile matchups.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
*Cough* I remember saying I think Fox is mid-low B Tier.

Now I would like to say that comment without starting an agruement but I know can't aviod it

sooooooo.............

*Runs*

Chuee

Smash Hero
Mario
Peach
Bowser
DK
Diddy
Yoshi
Link
Sheik
Samus
Pit
IC
Fox
Wolf
Falcon
PT
Jiggly
Ike
Ness

I've heard from someone that mains each one of these characters that their character should be higher.
If you think you're character should go up you should tell me why he's better than another character instead of telling me how good/underrated he is.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You forgot Lucas (how fuuny)

I'm pretty sure I have already explained Fox to you and am not wasting my time tellin you again.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Its funny because everyone thinks their main should be higher... but for people to go up people have to move down so...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
well... everyone cept the jiggly mains... jiggly has so much potential. She should be percived the way like she is now.

in fact I think most of the top/high teirs from melee have it really because they don't live up to their counter parts of old, falcon samus sheik fox etc. it really hurts how people view them in comparision to what they should be.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Jiggly would have potential if she wasn't gayed just by playing the game in a friendly way. You can literally be going even with jigglypuff, except oops, she dies 50% earlier than everyone else.

Also I'm not a Pit main. Just FYI. I'm a ZSS main, and there are better ZSS mains than I who think she is top 10, and there are players of other characters that believe she is bottom of high tier. Not that I want to have another ZSS discussion (so over it) but yeah.

I think Pit may be better than ZSS.

Chuee

Smash Hero
You forgot Lucas (how fuuny)

I'm pretty sure I have already explained Fox to you and am not wasting my time tellin you again.
Most Lucas just say he'll stay where he is.
You never really told me why he was better than anyone above him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf
with everybody putting up their own, I had forgotten what the actual one looked like.

also, D tier needs to be eliminated completely, move PT to mid tier and bowser/zelda to low tier, with ike having either the top spot in low or the bottom spot in mid tier.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
she really doesn't though and thats a commpn misconception. yeah if you miss a rest and get a fully charged smash attack you can die as low as... 15 to some characters. BUT jiggly dies on average at percentages closer resembling mk and gaw. jiggly momentum canceling is ridiculous for reasons I can't understand.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
WHY is Mr. Game and Watch so ****ing high? LOL

He, ROB and Kirby are seriously irrelevant to the current high-end game. None of them should be higher than B tier.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Pit is SOOO underrated...
I think when people think of Pit they think of friendly Pit. When really looking at him, he is possibly the character most befitted by living on the ledge. I mean just look at at Vex or Raven.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Instead of explaining I'll just do it the old fashion way and bring in tourney results.

Got two coming up next Sat. and a Monthly on the week after those... so we will that turns out >.<

EDIT: Wow the tier list does look forgien now after lookin at all the self made ones >.<
Things have defiantly changed since then.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
GaW is beat by patience. he is easily gayed. kirby and rob to a lesser extent kind of fall into the same pool.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
I've heard from someone that mains each one of these characters that their character should be higher.

Falcon
I'm sorry, Falcon? Who's been arguing that he should rise?

Truths:

- Possibly Ike as well but he really blows vs high tiers hard
Ike just generally suffers a lot against defensive play. Ike is definately low tier and he's probably going to continue falling as other characters with better options, like Link and Yoshi, get more pronounced. This is just my opinion, of course.

-Pit is high tier. If you don't believe it, you haven't watched R@vyn or Masashi camp the ledge.
Pit. Taking all the gay attributes of Brawl and putting them together in a high-pitched fairy boy.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Pit is SOOO underrated...
I think when people think of Pit they think of friendly Pit. When really looking at him, he is possibly the character most befitted by living on the ledge. I mean just look at at Vex or Raven.
this is hailarious because kool aid is easily better than both of them and he actually FIGHTS people

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
this is hailarious because kool aid is easily better than both of them and he actually FIGHTS people
Why do you have to be so condescending ALL THE TIME regarding me? Last time you were even completely wrong as you just misunderstood my post.

Kool aid IS better than both of them. He'd be even better if he would incorporate ledge-camping into his game, if not only in certain circumstances.

But really, if you're going to be an elitist all the time, at least be elite.

Albert.

Smash Master
Truths:

- Ness and Pokemon Trainer are mid tier. Possibly Ike as well but he really blows vs high tiers hard
- ZSS and Lucario are high tier; perhaps bottom of it, but high tier
- Toon Link is underrated
- Pit is high tier. If you don't believe it, you haven't played Kool-aid =/
- Rob, Kirby, Game and Watch, Dedede, and Wario are all too high. Wario should be where Dedede is now.
- Link is too low
- Diddy Kong is too low
- Fox is much, much too low
- ICs would be too low if CPs and air/platform camping didn't exist

:)
Those are opinions lol DONT be all like "this is truth" unless you're just kidding.

I actually found out that I agreed with them after I just made my own top 15. I had written a "this doesn't add up!" retort but G&W, ROB, Kirby can be interchanged with Lucario, ZSS.

but G&W, ROB, Kirby are all as irrelevant to the high end metagame AS lucario and ZSS, I guess still. They all lose to MK snake diddy (prolly)

but hey
the whole "If you haven't played Kool Aid you don't know pit" mentality can be applied to like every single mid/mid low character, OF COURSE there's gonna be somebody out there really good who just choses to use a less-good character but ***** with them.

I'm in Kool Aid's region, he's wrecked me, I know he's a beast.

PIT IS PRETTY HIGH WHERE HE IS folks.

Here's my personal top 10

MK
Diddy
Snake
Falco
Wario
Marth

DeDeDe
IC
Olimar
Pikachu

It's more of a re-arranging, I guess.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
GaW is beat by patience. he is easily gayed.
Hes also got weight issues as well. Then..theres also his own character design which is probably his biggest flaw and most likely always will be-- being a silhouette.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Why do you have to be so condescending ALL THE TIME regarding me? Last time you were even completely wrong as you just misunderstood my post.

Kool aid IS better than both of them. He'd be even better if he would incorporate ledge-camping into his game, if not only in certain circumstances.

What makes you think that vex/raven wouldnt be better if they fought people more?

people say that holding the ledge is the best way to play pit even tho the best one doesnt do that at all, and the ones i know of that do... really dont have all that much success...

and im not eletist all the time. only when I feel like it. =P half the time I dont even look at peoples names, and reply solely on the statements that they make, so if you feel that im attacking you consistently, maybe you should stop saying bad things consistently.

lol I cant even spell elitist right...

smashmachine

Smash Lord

he's not being elitist
quit whining about other people disagreeing with you

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I beat raven pretty soundly. CO18 played an agro pit an took two games off me. (both of these are friendlies so...)

pit is much better fighter than he is a running away the whole gamer...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
or because offensive pits are better... take your pick.

but it doesnt really matter, pits that attack are shown to do better than pits that camp, the reasoning behind it is of little consequence

D

Deleted member

I dont agree that running away the whole time is the best way to play pit.
Arrows arent exactly easy to powershield, but pits camping often puts him in a not great position, because he doesnt have great options for getting off the ledge, other than going understage to the other side.

On the other hand, he has good, but not spectacular, damage racking potential, with his snake like fsmash (as in, its like snakes foward tilt), and a very strange air game due to up b mix ups and such. His throws are rediculously amazing and his grab range isnt too bad (at least his pivot grab). His jab *****.

I think koolaid should camp a little bit more, and he said it himself that for snake he should camp more, but that an offensive pit clearly works.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I dont agree that running away the whole time is the best way to play pit.
Arrows arent exactly easy to powershield, but pits camping often puts him in a not great position, because he doesnt have great options for getting off the ledge, other than going understage to the other side.

On the other hand, he has good, but not spectacular, damage racking potential, with his snake like fsmash (as in, its like snakes foward tilt), and a very strange air game due to up b mix ups and such. His throws are rediculously amazing and his grab range isnt too bad (at least his pivot grab). His jab *****.

I think koolaid should camp a little bit more, and he said it himself that for snake he should camp more, but that an offensive pit clearly works.
I think it depends on what position hes currently in, and the % of the Snake. Pit's got some pretty good damage racking tools if he gets inside

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
falcon probablly isn't as bad as he is perceived... but he is probablly in the right spot. I think the gaps in teirs and in general for this game are much smaller than people like to think.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

also, D tier needs to be eliminated completely, move PT to mid tier and bowser/zelda to low tier, with ike having either the top spot in low or the bottom spot in mid tier.
Late, but PT needs to move down, not up. He went up solely because of tournament results last time, which have since fallen. His tier position needs to reflect that fact, and the fact he's had some meta-game advances which have yet to be really put to use. And most of them were with Squirtle, who was already good. >_>

If you eliminate D tier, all four characters should fall into what is currently E tier, but in a resorted order.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i still think PT is slightly better than ike, especially when it seems like about half of every PT game is squirtle. And i maintain that Ike is the borderline between mid and low tier.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
i still think PT is slightly better than ike, especially when it seems like about half of every PT game is squirtle. And i maintain that Ike is the borderline between mid and low tier.
Then half of their game is using a character that is already meh at KOing, and who's KOing power is dropping with every second passed and every attack made. Not a good thing for obvious reasons. >_> Throw in the fact it forces you to be obvious when you're going for a flat out KO (switching), and it's that little bit worse.

There is also the fact you have to rely on Ivysaur for at least a little while each match which is flat out terrible.

PT needs a way to make Ivysaur actually borderline useful to really move up. She's too much of a dead weight. Charizard at least has his weight, grab range, and rock smash so he can carry his weight on the team, as well as the most KO potential over all. Right now Ivysaur has vertical KOing and...Bullet Seed kinda I guess. That's about it. Maybe Bair spacing but that thing would be more useful if Brawl had more hitstun.

T-block

B2B TST
Bullet Seed isn't all that great in most matchups. It's pretty rare for it to be doing more than 20% except maybe against larger characters. I'd be more scared of Snake's f-tilt in any case.

Lately, in quite a few matchups I've had Ivysaur's role be to stay out long enough to refresh the other two. It's actually a pretty important role in matchups where I tend to switch quite a bit (Snake and Wario for example), since it can take up to two minutes to fully refresh a pokemon. So, thanks to the character design of PT as a whole, Ivysaur doesn't actually have to do all that much to be useful. Ivysaur is more of a wall-type character, so you would think she'd be pretty good at this role. Her poor air speed is one of the major reasons why she's not a good character... it's hard to keep a lot of characters out with such low air mobility.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
@darktoonlink
no one is saying planking add nothing to his game we are saying it should be the whole make up of his game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom