• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Brawlmatt for the love of God post something worth reading or not at all. You have more than 20 posts a day, which is ridiculous.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Brawlmatt for the love of God post something worth reading or not at all. You have more than 20 posts a day, which is ridiculous.
Sorry... I just have the erge to post things... I try to make them relivant, really... It'slike, I feel I have to reply to every post.... It's weird and hard to understand.

*sigh* I'm just not good at this sort of thing.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, I hope not. For two reasons:

1) I just don't like him. I don't care, I don't like him. He was an alright boss, but seriously, I wish he was one shot character. Showing up in Mario Sports titles is annoying. Seriously. I just hate everything about him.

2) Toad, Geno and Bowser Jr. all deserve to get in before Petey does. All 10x more interesting, and all have tons more personality. Now, all three will obviously not get in, but if they did, we would have like 8 Mario characters, kinda a ridiculous amount.

Seriously, if he gets in, I'll cry. Well not really, but I'll be pissed, and he will most definately be my new sandbag. I'm already mad he's in Power Tennis and Toad was not. He's stealing light from better characters.

Bowser Jr. 28

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't mind Petey, but there are more characters that should be in Brawl other than him. He's O.K., but I want to see other people in Brawl other than him. I wouldn't mind him though as a trophy. I would want to see Bowser Jr., Toad, maybe some others too but if I see Petey on there, I will make sure Meta Knight is the first to chop his huge head up, or whoever my new favorite character will be.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion

1) I just don't like him. I don't care, I don't like him. He was an alright boss, but seriously, I wish he was one shot character. Showing up in Mario Sports titles is annoying. Seriously. I just hate everything about him.

2) Toad, Geno and Bowser Jr. all deserve to get in before Petey does. All 10x more interesting, and all have tons more personality. Now, all three will obviously not get in, but if they did, we would have like 8 Mario characters, kinda a ridiculous amount.

Seriously, if he gets in, I'll cry. Well not really, but I'll be pissed, and he will most definately be my new sandbag. I'm already mad he's in Power Tennis and Toad was not. He's stealing light from better characters.
1) That's not a good enough reason if there are hundreds of other fans that want him.

2) THAT is true. Those there DEFINITELY have a higher chance of getting in then Petey... But who comes after them? ;)

Mr.Starone

Smash Cadet
I've never understood why people hate Petey Piranha so much. He's no goofier than some of the other creatures in the Mario franchise. I mean, Yoshi craps out eggs and no one complains.

Do I think he should be in Brawl? I think he would be a good character but I think Bowser Jr would be a better new character for the Mario series.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i think fawful would be the best new mario addition, and also after goroh got ATd petey cannot get in.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

I love you. I agree with everything about this post. How PETEY made it into MPT over Toad--even though Toad was playable in MT64!--is beyond me. Petey Piranha is spreading like an STD and must be stopped.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Yeah, now I see Petey Piranha as an Assist Trophy. I'm holding firm to this idea (even the idea of him being a playable character won't effect me!).

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If he makes it in at all he should be an AT.

I liked fighting against him in SMS... but making him a character over some other more deserved characters is silly.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Hey man, I think Petey could be way more then an AT, he's even got his home stage. I'd rather have petey than Bowser Jr. because really, Petey would have a better moveset. Besides, Petey now has a homestage! Island Defino! Petey's the only good thing to come out of sunshine, save the mini secret levels.

Tanea

Smash Ace
Hey nobody else might like that idea but ithink that it's cool i mean people boo, hammer bros. i think that out of all the generic characters he shuold be in well except for toad

i think that he will bring a different flavor to the game you can go wth hoim anyway

like big ,fast , slow , weak, flyer

i believe the fact that he hasn't been made in to such a playable that they can do what ever they wish to do with him yeah if he is in it several people will be mad but i think he can be the WTF character for brawl.

if not it would be cool if he was like the fighting polygon team from N64 you know
you fight him for only a certain level

just cause he hasn't been used as much as mario, yoshi , peach, luigi, bowser,and toad that
doesn't mean that he would be a great undiscovered character.

Am i right or what?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Hey man, I think Petey could be way more then an AT, he's even got his home stage. I'd rather have petey than Bowser Jr. because really, Petey would have a better moveset. Besides, Petey now has a homestage! Island Defino! Petey's the only good thing to come out of sunshine, save the mini secret levels.
Island Delfino is a homestage for him? No, I don't think so... It's just representing Super Mario Sunshine.

I guarantee you, Petey will not be a playable character. If I'm wrong, I'll go cry in the corner, but I seriously doubt it. XD

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
I didn't mind Petey in his debut in Mario Sunshine... but he doesn't deserve a spot in every Mario game since. In Golf and Tennis, he was way too overpowered, and I don't understand why a giant plant would be such a heavy hitter... Not to mention that The Pirhana Plants were pretty cool before they started wearing spandex, got a flowery mane, and threw up all over the place.

Tanea

Smash Ace
I didn't mind Petey in his debut in Mario Sunshine... but he doesn't deserve a spot in every Mario game since. In Golf and Tennis, he was way too overpowered, and I don't understand why a giant plant would be such a heavy hitter... Not to mention that The Pirhana Plants were pretty cool before they started wearing spandex, got a flowery mane, and threw up all over the place.
makes sense but that could changed, because according tho the world of pokemon newtwo should be was stronger that any pikahcu and jigglypuff.

do you really think that peach would ever really stand a chance to bowser not likely that excuss doesn't support it's self.

Also he doesn't shoot throw up it'like a muddy substance bowser shoots fire but what do you think it is heart burn no likely it's just the power that was given to him,

i dont think that you wrong or that your right but i believe that you see it all and even then i could be wrong but it never hearts to look at it another way this thread was created to supporyt this character not to bash it

sorry got way to into that :laugh:

max_da_ling

Smash Cadet
Umm... not to be rude, but I actually don't know exactly what you're trying to say. I think you're trying to say that I think Petey would be overpowered in brawl because he was good in Mario Tennis/Golf. If that's the case... that's not what I meant. I just thought if was weird they made Petey a power character where I don't think plants should be as powerful as DK or Bowser. My other argument was just that he's as ugly as sin.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Umm... not to be rude, but I actually don't know exactly what you're trying to say. I think you're trying to say that I think Petey would be overpowered in brawl because he was good in Mario Tennis/Golf. If that's the case... that's not what I meant. I just thought if was weird they made Petey a power character where I don't think plants should be as powerful as DK or Bowser. My other argument was just that he's as ugly as sin.
He's powerful because he's huge and he has a big head.

As for ugliness, you think Ganondorf is a model? lol

Anyway, Petey for Brawl. We need a plant character who isn't a Pokemon.

Tanea

Smash Ace
so you missed my point sorry abd you weren't rude just that any character can be chnaged from the creation

newtwo was made as to be one of the strongest pokemon but in the game with the good player you can beat him with pikachu

im saying that just like every other character petey can be changed to fit the game

make sense?;)

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I don't understand why people hate Petey, he embraces the spirit of Mario perfectly! How can you love Mario, but think Petey is lame? Petey fits completely into the Mario Universe!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't understand why people hate Petey, he embraces the spirit of Mario perfectly! How can you love Mario, but think Petey is lame? Petey fits completely into the Mario Universe!
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean he should be in this game.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
i dont think he should be able to fly, but otherwise you convinced me for the most part.

You also really put alot of time into the moveset, it looks very nice and well thought out!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why Are Everyone For Toad!? Hes Not A Freaking Fighter!
He's more important to the Mario series then Petey is.

Toad does in fact fight, ever played Super Mario Bros. 2? Besides "They don't fight/they aren't a fighter." means nothing to Sakurai, only how fun and challenging making them fit into the game does.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't know, Petey Pirahna seems to be becoming a staple in the Mario series. He's a boss in practically every Mario game now(and even Mario spin-offs like Super Princess Peach).

He even got a captain spot in Mario Strikers Charged, and Toad didn't even get that.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me at all if Petey was in Brawl. He's not particularly my favorite character, but apparently somebody at Nintendo likes him.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I doubt it, but they do need more heavyweights in the smash series, and he would be a really cool one to play as. He already has some possible moves, like his mudshot from super mario strikers (I don't have that yet, but I heard he had a mud shot >.> )

Good luck mister oxyborb.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
didn't read the whole thread so correct me if i'm repeating somethin, petey would seem to be a good addition for brawl, but i would like it if petey would be an assist trophy, unless it would be as big as it was in mario kart dd, then havin her in brawl would be good, not as big as she was in super mario sunshine or galaxy...

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Toad does not fit as a fighter at all, even though he was playable at SML2 =.=, he didnt have anything special. Just the same things as Peach and others.

Petey Piranha would have so much better fighting moves then Toad.

I swear! Toad is a AT type.. he helps MOST of the games.

Top Bottom