• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Petey Piranha Boss Thread!

Kirye

Smash Ace
It's a ****ing flower without a real face, he's ugly, and he's unimportant, plus there are much better chars from the Marioverse to add into Brawl. He's not one of them.

So.. No.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
he's unimportant, plus there are much better chars from the Marioverse to add into Brawl. He's not one of them.
i agree, there are a lot more chars that should be added from many different universes before petey

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Reasons why he's lame:
- Overused by Nintendo (he's now their staple filler character)
- No real personality (he's big, he vomits sludge...that's it)
- Ugly (but not comical, like Wario)
- Minor character (no backstory or real relevance)
- Annoying sounds (self-explanatory)

I'm sure I could come up with more, but that's enough for now.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure I posted here saying that if Petey made it in I would forever lose faith in God, but on other websites, I have seen some pretty good movesets. Altough Petey is a pretty lame character, he can pull out some interesting moves. Altough I do not support him, I will no longer kill myself if he makes it in.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I'm pretty sure I posted here saying that if Petey made it in I would forever lose faith in God, but on other websites, I have seen some pretty good movesets. Altough Petey is a pretty lame character, he can pull out some interesting moves. Altough I do not support him, I will no longer kill myself if he makes it in.
wow, that sums up my stance on petey perfectly

Rash

Smash Ace
He shouldn't be in Brawl for the sole reason that we don't need more Mario characters in the Smash games, and if we do there are definitely a few that deserve the position more.

That said, Petey isn't nearly as bad of a character as some of you make him out to be. You're all reacting to the thread (and character) just a little too critically.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, you guys are acting like Nintendo punched you in the balls by making Petey.

Your only reasoning for why he shouldn't be in the game is simply aesthetics, and voicing it with a variety of immature blurbs about diapers, and feces, and... crap.

But what's wrong with him? I like petey. He's classy, he's new, and I find him interesting. He's just a goofy character. But that's only my opinion.

I do think Petey could have a better chance than a LARGE variety of characters (Toad for example. He has no moves. At all.) Petey on the other hand does have plenty of oppertunities for moves. Plus, they can just make moves up, like for Fox and Captain Falcon (Which also negates my point about Toad, but I stand firm on it). Petey on the other hand has been a boss a few times, played tons of sports, and has been showing up alot. Perhaps the reason he has been showing up a lot, is that Nintendo and the developers like him. Who is going to get into the game, someone from some non Nintendo affiliated Smash Fan site likes, or someone Nintendo likes?

Also, what's wrong with another Mario character. It is one of thier big franchises. Plus, if he's fun to use/good, who cares?

I'm not saying Petey is going to be in the game 100%, but I say he has much better odds than most of the suggestions made in this forum .

As I say everywhere, it's too early to speculate, but being a bunch of morons odesn't really change a single thing about the game.

One more thing: I'm glad I'm a 10 year old child for liking Petey. Everyone who doesn't agree with me must be 10 or ******** it a pretty intelligent way to put your point across.

I lied, this is the last thing: It's not a diaper, it's a speedo. He does hang around beaches, y'know, where people wear swim trunks and speedos.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I really like Petey Piranha, but I have a feeling there are many better characters to take up the slot of being playable.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
suprisingly he could have a very unique moveset, witht the wind and spitting junk and stuff. he has soooo many moves that he could have. Im not a huge fan of him but he would be pretty unique (and not in the totally bad way)

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
suprisingly he could have a very unique moveset, witht the wind and spitting junk and stuff. he has soooo many moves that he could have. Im not a huge fan of him but he would be pretty unique (and not in the totally bad way)
Wow, you're not a fan of him, yet you're not dissing the thread.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
well, i dont hate him, if thats what your thinking. And should i be dissing this thread bc im not much of a fan of him? im not bc id rather not get sucked into a vortex known as an "arguement"
Ahh, I see.

Okay, then, on to business.

Petey's cool, but like I said, there are others choices. After all, he was just recently introduced.

Although...

I contradict myself sometimes...

I really don't know what to think at the moment.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
A boss character, of course!

Geez, how come I only remember/realize these things when someone else says them first?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Sorry...I am kind of new....thanks for the warning so I guess I'll post something useful. Petey would be cool, as a boss! A moveset would be too hard and how would he walk?
It's okay, I'm just giving you fair warning.

Petey has been seeing walking in several games, like in Mario Power Tennis. Also, I've seen people come up with really good movesets, actually.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
NO. This is Super smash bros. Nintendo's finest titans of gaming coming together to duke it out. NOT Mario Smash Bros. I think the only reason WARIO is in, is because he has created his own franchise and is now a huge name in Nintendo on his own, not because of Mario. No Petey Pirahna. No Waluigi. No Toad. We have enough Mario characters, unless you consider somebody like Geno, who is kind of outside the whole Mario franchise, to an extent (not saying I support him, but I'm saying he would be ok if he was in). Please, for the love of god, never let this become Super Mario Smash Bros. as half f my friends call it >|(.

[/rant]

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Oh God No! The only reason I would want him in this game is as a replacement for the sandbag…him and Pichu (I just love to hear him scream :p)

Zebesian Pirate

Smash Cadet
That's his weak spot. You can hit it for MASSIVE DAMAGE!

But seriously, that's why he's called NAVAL Piranha. Because "naval" is another word for "bellybutton."

Oh yeah, and Naval Piranha kicks ***.
Actually, the other word for bellybutton is "navel". I assume it was either an accidental misspelling or a play-on-words. Like, he's in Bowser's navy (I don't see how that can be true) and he's also got a very large navel.

Anyway, I agree with you on the subject of Petey Pirahna; an enemy in nappies (what you Americans call "diapers") is never formidable.

Edit:
Also, as many have pointed out, he's very new. I don't want any characters from the last seven years on the roster, personally.

Top Bottom