• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
I could do better at improving. I'm improving, but not fast enough. I should save replays where I get ***** and see how I could do better. Something I'm not doing right now. But I am shooting for top 64 on AiB and holding weekly Smashfests in Toledo. (Love those guys :), but they do have work to do...in Brawl at least. They will get better though. >:D )

Boxxy

Smash Lord
You guys' pessimism is ********. Of course you aren't get better if you're too busy johning about why you can't get better. Baby steps are better than nothing. I am getting better and I intend on making my goal of being PRed. I'll help anyone that wants it also.

If you want something bad enough you'll find a way to make it happen.
i thought that was directed at me lol

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I want MI to become stronger too.

But everyone has to take their own initiative and find the drive to actual work on improving and improve. Being content with placing below the top players isn't enough.

Let's doooo it guys. Personally, I'm trying to practice and improve every day. o:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I want MI to become stronger too.

But everyone has to take their own initiative and find the drive to actual work on improving and improve. Being content with placing below the top players isn't enough.

Let's doooo it guys. Personally, I'm trying to practice and improve every day. o:
West MI smashfests gogogo

TheMann

Smash Ace
I know why MI sucks now. JOHNING! Idk why this just came to me but hear me out.

Example:

John Doe vs Joe Schmoe

John gets 2 stocked then 3 stocked by Joe. WOW HE LOST 2-0 WHATS UP!?!? This is how John takes it. "Awww man I was soooooo off today. He only won because he played me on gay stage number 3. And I missed advanced tech number 5 so much. Plus I SD'ed that one time. Theres no way he legitimately beat me I'm just off. Therefore I have nothing to practice and don't need to improve."

John uses this excuse EVERY MATCH. Wow John sure is "off" alot of matches. Or maybe just MAYBE John needs to improve. If you can never admit you have made a mistake how can you learn from it. Don't be like John guys....dont be like John...

Take note off your mistakes and learn from them, don't make excuses.

Man somebody copy this shiz to the OP. Its so legit. My deepest post EVAR!

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Nah thats not why this state is garbs, the reason we suck is that nobody wants to accept the truth that they suck

TheMann

Smash Ace
Nah thats not why this state is garbs, the reason we suck is that nobody wants to accept the truth that they suck
Tutu I hate you. Thats exactly what I said lol. Except like way longer and nicer. Once people accept and realize why they suck though it can be remedied.

Roller

Smash Legend
Tutu, that is exactly what Al is saying...

He's saying people just make excuses for why they keep losing. Like, I dunno, Falco/Zelda/Sheik are all just unable to beat ICs so that mu is forfeit. Instead of realizing Falco is fully capable of beating ICs if you put work into the mu.

I do it to, I don't usually, but this weekend I certainly did in my match vs Gio and again vs mani. Granted some dumb stuff happened, but me and Gio have both agreed that we are playing pika v mk on rc over and over in upcoming smashfests. I will make sure I don't have another game where I use being "stage gayed" by rc as an excuse.

Good post, Al. While I don't think it is the only reason, not even the top reason. I do feel it is a factor, and most of us have been johning too much.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The Mann speaks the truth. I realized this after Youmacon that I john way too much. I kept going on about the lag on the televisions making me play dumb and lag does affect things but not the fact that I played retardedly this weekend. I suck and I need to get better.I'll keep doing what I can to get better and think outside the box. I got overconfident also thats what caused me to almost lose to that Lucario player in the 3rd round.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Tutu, that is exactly what Al is saying...

He's saying people just make excuses for why they keep losing. Like, I dunno, Falco/Zelda/Sheik are all just unable to beat ICs so that mu is forfeit. Instead of realizing Falco is fully capable of beating ICs if you put work into the mu.
I realized that a long time ago. Notice how in my lists of people that are going to improve I never included myself? It's because I don't feel like putting the time into overcoming a BS MU, even if its a MU that can be overcame its still much harder for the Falco than the ICs since he's the most technical character in brawl and one mistake gets you grabbed. It's just stupid to put that much work into a MU, especially since its not even enjoyable. It's like oh I could enjoy this set, but wait pocket ICs, the best part is if I beat said ICs main, its "oh just another win" and if I lose suddenly its "wow what an accomplishment blah blah blah" like seriously? I lose one of my hardest MUs and its an upset, but if I win its just bleh? That's the bull**** that makes me not wanna bother. The MU itself is annoying and un-fun but perservering through that BS and getting no credit for it? But knowing if I make like 6 mistakes people are gonna act like the world got flipped upside down? Please tell me thats not bull****.

Feel free to disregard this, I'm obviously just salty and none of what I'm saying could possibly have any truth in it.

napZzz

Smash Hero
whoever said falco vs. ic's is viable should chop their **** off and commit public suicide

ZTD | TECHnology

I realized that a long time ago. Notice how in my lists of people that are going to improve I never included myself? It's because I don't feel like putting the time into overcoming a BS MU, even if its a MU that can be overcame its still much harder for the Falco than the ICs since he's the most technical character in brawl and one mistake gets you grabbed. It's just stupid to put that much work into a MU, especially since its not even enjoyable. It's like oh I could enjoy this set, but wait pocket ICs, the best part is if I beat said ICs main, its "oh just another win" and if I lose suddenly its "wow what an accomplishment blah blah blah" like seriously? I lose one of my hardest MUs and its an upset, but if I win its just bleh? That's the bull**** that makes me not wanna bother. The MU itself is annoying and un-fun but perservering through that BS and getting no credit for it? But knowing if I make like 6 mistakes people are gonna act like the world got flipped upside down? Please tell me thats not bull****.

Feel free to disregard this, I'm obviously just salty and none of what I'm saying could possibly have any truth in it.
You know, I was like first person to say on livestream what you just said lol. I said "Why is everyone surprised Roller beat Tutu, Roller isn't bad and he plays two characters that totally shut down Tutu's" Seriously, Pika ***** Sheik and Falco. ICs does the same. But Roller won and you being such a reputable player its only natural people are going to get all hyped. Its just how it happens. Why care about that so much? Lol just learn the MU or go Metaknight. Besides you definitely aren't the only person who recognizes a bs matchup when they see it. But its not like Roller is gloating about his win either. He probably recognizes it also. So don't fret from losing to ICs. Find a way to overcome it. This game is forever throwing obstacles at us. Whether its specific MU, techs or stages.

"Adapt more, suck less"

We all have to start doing that.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Have the current Panelists done this kind of thing before?

If not feel free to ask me/other Ohio Panelists (if they don't mind me saying this) advice or suggestions.

Or at the least, where we think Ohio players compare to MI players.

As for the whole #0 thing.... I literally viewed M2k as a random natural disaster (like a Flood or dare I say.... a Tornado). He'd either show up at your tournament and take most the money (from winning of course) or he might go do his damage out of state. No one in Ohio could touch him (Shugo came close), even if it was 2v1 in doubles. (Then again, I think some OH have taken a game off of him before...)
BUT every tournament, the better Ohio players would get closer... even if it still looked one sided.

Lain as good as he is... IS NOT at M2K level. He can be beaten, just keep growing the scene and help the newer players when they need it.

For example, at OH's last big tournament: Delta Upsilon. One player new to the scene upset 2 PR members on the current PR (one from INKY and one from here) AND almost beat AZ. This player did NOT start out like this, but just needed tournament experience and people to help out for him to realize his potential. He did this with Yoshi.

Good **** you guys for trying to bring this power house state back into the game.

ZTD | TECHnology

lol I keep telling people I didn't actually want a number 0. But I see your point. And I don't believe any of us have been panelists before. All the old ones are retired or inactive.

And we feel like we have some work to do before becoming a powerhouse state again but the support is awesome.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The only time a #0 should be implemented is if someone who's not a long-time resident or only a temporary stay appears, like when Ally was here for a summer or something.

Wow if you have problems with a matchup that you consider BS, just learn a new character that doesn't have a problem with that matchup. No excuses.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Because some people take pride in what they do in life. This applies to both Tech's and Ankoku's post.

also at Ankoku I know the MU is BS and I don't even mind that part so much, its more "if I win its nothing notable and if I lose people act like David beat Goliath"

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Pride in maining a single character in a lesser-recognized fighting game...?

You're saying this, after deciding to pick up Falco when you became dissatisfied with how far you were getting on only Sheik?

Sumer

Smash Ace
A power ranking can act as a goal to inspire and encourage players to keep training and remain active to strive to one day be on the PR. I see nothing wrong with having one.

With that being said, I'd like to move the thread back to the topic of making an AiB group for the MI PR or not, instead of focusing the discussion on a troll comment.

Top Bottom