• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Mario Discussion Thread

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Yes it does keep better

Mario is 2nd main character in a tournament where gonna have on the SSBB Neo forum

Captain Falcon & Mario

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
OMG! Strkz!!!! Gimpy Sed Mario Is ****!!!!!
Im So Giddy!! omg I cant Breath.. that taunt is disgusting.. where he takes off his hat!?! yea.. that.. wowzers Mario will still be my main! lol i see your exicited Strykz... dont pee on yourself!

:psycho:

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Mario's FS looks badass as well

he keeps getting better and better

faster stronger mario

Stryks

Smash Hero
OMG! Strkz!!!! Gimpy Sed Mario Is ****!!!!!
Im So Giddy!! omg I cant Breath.. that taunt is disgusting.. where he takes off his hat!?! yea.. that.. wowzers Mario will still be my main! lol i see your exicited Strykz... dont pee on yourself!

:psycho:
Wow wtf is ur problem? seriously are u so anti-social that the only way to entertain urself is by bashing what some other guy said?

wow fail

anyway Im happy, I couldnt go to E4A myself, to test out mario, but if what gympy said is true, then im glad Im maining mario cause he just got better...

seriously **** off...

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
It's a close one for me

I'm gonna main Capitan Falcon but I don't know how good he is yet

Mario is my 2nd choice if CF doesn't work out then Link

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
It's a close one for me

I'm gonna main Capitan Falcon but I don't know how good he is yet

Mario is my 2nd choice if CF doesn't work out then Link

My decision is up in the air still myself. I mean all these vast improvements and ideas for combos is staggering [SP?] to me.

I'm actually thinking of Mario, and how to utilize FLUDD right now, even though it doesn't seem to good. Just my take.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't make a difference to me

sense to me the Tornado Fist is crap on melee never used it

I'm try to use the water pack as Edge Hog weapon even
if it will be difficult

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
Does Mario's Front air A (Down going Punch) hit as hard as Dr. Mario's in Melee or is it weak like the regular Mario in Melee? That was my favorite move to use when playing Doc, I hope it's still strong.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I think I read some where it was a mix of Dr.'s and mario's

If your like above mario and he hits you with punch you'll fly up
If your under him you'll fly down by the punch

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
So it seems Mario has been made even better in Brawl he combos really well and is farily powerfull people are saying that he\'s definitly moved up a teir i have always liked Mario but i never used him that frequently but i may have to look into using him more often in brawl.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
mario is really, really, really good.
:link:

Well, I am very glad to here that from you because Mario was my second main in Melee and I planned on using him in Brawl as well...keyword = "planned". Pit as well...or Metaknight? I, and a lot of us still aren't sure..Brawl is in fact way different..

On a side note-
Mario should totally be able to don a Waluigi costume if he ain't in Brawl!

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I planned on using Mario as my main also not knowing if he would be good or not

but i'm very glad he has gotten that much better

now just waiting for Captain Falcon and Ridley then i'll be complete

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Mario is gonna be sick. He's definety gonna be my secondary, next to snake, and my main if snake turns out to be real weird.

Note: The above post does not apply, when megaman is announced as the last third-party character.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
CF and Ridley are both Nintendo characters?

yeah it's a toss up between CF and Mario

Mario might be my secondary

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
how did players feel about his tornado moving to the d+air? was it better or worse or not that much different?
I can't really say yet. It all depends on how long it lasts, whether it still has that gap between the first and second hits, where it sends the enemy, etc. Granted, Mario's old dair wasn't exactly the most essential technique anyway.

MetaKnightRules5

Smash Cadet
Mario is old now and people like change like adding Meta Knight to the game! Thats why barely anyone posts anything about mario.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Your just a hater

Mario is awesome now

Meta knight is cool too but he is a nOOB friendly character from what i read about him
that means there is gonna be a lot of him on Wifi and specially Sonic...so much hype

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Mario is old now and people like change like adding Meta Knight to the game! Thats why barely anyone posts anything about mario.
Funny seeing as more the half the people I talk to about Brawl have no clue who Meta-Knight is. Yet Mario is the most recognizable face on the planet. Literally.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
mario is really, really, really good.
So he has Doc's power/knockback? That's the only thing that matters to me about Mario right now.
Mario isn't old; he's classic. This thread only has 7 pages because we pretty much know everything about him already so there's nothing left to discuss until the game comes out.

Plus he's going to destroy Meta-Knight.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he is entirely like Dr.Mario

Faster better combo's

It would be cool if he is as strong as Dr.Mario and fast as normal Mario

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
how did players feel about his tornado moving to the d+air? was it better or worse or not that much different?
Personally I'm going to miss his old dair if it's gone completely. It was much better than the tornado at hitting enemies below you. I also hope the tornado retains its "mash the button to float" property (which it doesn't seem to have done from videos) or that FLUDD can somehow be redirected to help in recovery.

Also, I'm not sure, but is Mario's bair more like the one he had in the original game now? It looks like a delayed double kick with both feet at the same time.

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
I think in brawl I'll probably main Mario. I've always liked him, just never been any good with him in smash.

Mario rocks.

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
I use Mario just out of respect. SSB is built on the power of his mustache .

I think the cape is the most awesome thing in the game. You can make people look foolish. I'm going to miss pills though. ;(

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I gonna main Mario also maybe but I think it's gonna be CF
Mario my 2nd main

I liked playing with Mario also in Melee but I wasn't awesome with him
Can't wait to play with him now

Kriptonite

Smash Rookie
I belive Mario will be a moderatly large character, I personally belive Mario was the best smasher ever invented but on the other hand he might fade into the backroung with all or the new characters coming. Lets all hope Mario makes a huge splash with the Wii!

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
That's good if Mario is underrated

I'd rather beat up all the Sonic & Meta knight users online

Even if Mario is shadowed he is still gonna be good

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
That's actually what i'm saying

Why would i want to beat people with Mk when everyone is gonna be him
that's just what I think

They underestimate Mario can't wait to play as him

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Wow. Mario's really that good in Brawl? That's good for me since I've been a Mario main all these years. Mario can beat Fox after all these years!

Top Bottom