• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the Official MALLOW in SSbb thread

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
he doesn't HAVE to be annoying in brawl. characters don't exactly have to have specific traits.

i just realized...did peach take after SMRPG in Melee? with the frying pan and all?

killa keil

Smash Cadet
I have to be honest putting mallow in brawl would be like a pichu joke. He infact was the worst character in the game and Geno has more favoritism. Mallow is funny an all but i prefer Geno.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Lord_Deathborne said:
Unlike Pichu, however, Mallow did have some impressive attacks - how about that giant thunderbolt (can't remember the exact name... >.<)?
I think it was called Shocker, that falling giant star would make a great super.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Mallow FTW... him and Geno would complete the game. I mean, you cant have Geno and not Mallow, wheres the fairness in that?!?!?! He would have his powers from the game, and he should have... THE FROGGIE STICK. Tell me that wouldnt be awesome.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Terrible character. No. Not only did he suck in Mario RPG, it would require getting titles from Square, there's already a better character from Mario RPG (and we don't need two since Boshi blows too), and to top it off, he looks like Kirby ate too much and sprouted legs. Unoriginal. Uncool. Difficult. No.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
state WHY you think he's unoriginal.

i mean, i've never seen anybody drop a giant snowman on anybody, or be a cloud prince, or just, overall, own.

ThundaSnake

Smash Apprentice
Shocker, Snowy, and that Star attack owned.

I also liked Mallow's second best weapon...the one that allowed him to mold his fists together. It was the one just before the Cymbals methinks.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Paranoid_Android said:
Terrible character. No. Not only did he suck in Mario RPG, it would require getting titles from Square, there's already a better character from Mario RPG (and we don't need two since Boshi blows too), and to top it off, he looks like Kirby ate too much and sprouted legs. Unoriginal. Uncool. Difficult. No.
I agree 100%, sure he may be original, but he still sucks. You want a reason why he sucks? Play SMRPG.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Mallow probably won't appear, but I wouldn't be surprised that, if we see Geno in Brawl, Mallow pops up for the next SSB game.

His evade could be separating the two halves of his body :laugh:

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
of course it would be Geno > mallow, but that doesn't mean mallow still doesn't have a swell chance.

"I agree 100%, sure he may be original, but he still sucks. You want a reason why he sucks? Play SMRPG."

yeah..and jigglypuff OWNED in pokemon, right?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
MenacingMike said:
of course it would be Geno > mallow, but that doesn't mean mallow still doesn't have a swell chance.

"I agree 100%, sure he may be original, but he still sucks. You want a reason why he sucks? Play SMRPG."

yeah..and jigglypuff OWNED in pokemon, right?
she did if you raised her to a high enough level and gave her the right moves

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
GenG said:
Hey, I've been thinking in Mallow these days. If we get him along Geno, the Mario RPG party could be playable in Brawl! (Mario, Peach, Bowser, Geno and Mallow).
Mallow can stretch his arms to get average distance in attacks, he can use many weapons and has magic based in weather (rain, thunder, wind). He has variety and it's an original character moveset wise.

Of course, If we are bound to get only and one character from Mario RPG, that should be Geno. But I'd like to play as Mallow too.
Now all we need is Smithy. That would be cool ^_^. Mallow should be in it more since he is less popular. With his addition to the game he will get a bigger fanbase. And besides, we got Snake so getting the approval from square enix or anywhere else won't be that big of a problem unless it is like Sephiroth or one of the other BIG names. But there is actually no point in posting about Brawl because the programmers aren't reading these. They are deciding on their own. Just to ruin it ^_^

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Muffin_man said:
I'm probably one of the few people who actually liked Mallow in Mario RPG?
Me too, Muffin Man.

Anyway, because they were both exclusive xcharacters, they should both be in IMO, tough unlikely

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
To be honest, Geno and Mallow deserve to be in Brawl EXACTLY as much as the other one does.

BUT: I think Geno would be a lot better. Geno is a natural fighter. Mallow can't even jump, he's weak, and slow. It would be hard to put him in the game. But maybe his specials, with the Weather could be powerful. I always hated MAllow and Geno was my favorite from MArio RPG, but they DO deserve the chance equally, although Geno doesn have a better chance of being in it.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
his over A smash would be cymbols crashing, eh? If mallow isnt in it, what was that raptors name from mario rpg?

Bolshoi

Smash Journeyman
I would totally love to see Mallow in Brawl. He'd have a very interesting B moveset, with thuder, freezing, maybe some stretch cymbal crashes. There are too many average move sets, and not enough magic based ones. Mallow would be unique, original, and fun, and I totally support him.

And Mallow totally stopped being a crybaby by the end of the game. He was one of my favorite characters, cause he was unique and incredibly useful. And he did more story wise than Geno ever did.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What's with all the Mallow hate? Sure, his chances are depleted by Geno, but he can have just an interesting moveset. Nintendo should by the rights from Square Enix and just put them both in.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I for one want to see Mallow and Geno make it in to Brawl. Not only would they possess unique movesets, but they would give the character roster some flavor. In addition, they are very much retro, so they should be favored by Sakurai. It would be very interesting what they could do in real time instead of RPG esque fashion. Plus I would like to see them revamped, kind of how they revamped Pit.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Character redesigns are pretty much a given anyway when it comes to Smash.

At any rate, I would also love for both to be featured, but realistically only one (if any) has a shot, given their third-party status, and given Geno's much larger fan base, he's pretty much the de facto choice among the two. Of course, that's only the most plausible outcome, but then again anything could happen...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Square-soft (Square-Enix) just had to cut ties with Nintendo. As a result, Paper Mario was born instead of Super Mario RPG 2. If you ask me, that was the dumbest business discision that Square ever made. Curse them!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Nintendo staying with a cartridge format wasn't the smartest move either - or partnering with SONY to make a CD add-on for the SNES (the project was eventually canned) which would go on to become the Playstation... But yes, I still remember when Square cut it's ties to Nintendo, just so they could have all that extra storage capacity to sugar-coat FFVII with all those cruddy FMVs... :grrr:
(everything other than the FMVs could've been pulled off on the SNES...)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
La di da~

Neutral B: Mallow throws out a lightning energy ball that travels much like Ness’s PK thunder, but increases in speed like Zelda’s Forward B. It’s slower than Zelda’s though, and thus easy to control at the beginning. It will keep on traveling indefinitely though if the B button is let go of. Once this is done, the ball will erupt in a few small shocks of lightning, which have a seemingly small range, but they are fairly deceptive, as they jump out. Although it can be manifested indefinitely, the speed will increase just as fast, making it extremely hard to control. If it hits anything, it will automatically stop and explode, which includes a surface, or an opponent.

Neutral B: Mallow takes out two cymbals, and bangs them together, with slightly extended arms. A small sound wave causes extra damage, but it is fairly low. If the cymbals hit dead on, it will freeze the opponent as Mallow slams them over them several more times extremely quickly, finally ending in a fairly strong strike, with good knock back.

Up B: Mallow pushes up from his pants, and then shoots out of them (much like many attacks he has in SMRPG) spinning around like a small cyclone. The spinning Mallow can be controlled somewhat, but it will mostly be vertical. The damage is low, and while the knock back is moderate, but it will always launch the opponent in a different direction. After landing, his pants will inexplicably return.

Down B: Mallow creates a small snowball, and kicks it. As the ball rolls, it gathers snow, and increases in size and power, though it will always be at a constant speed. (Even though there is no snow) The ball will roll on for potentially forever, and keep increasing as well (though there is a fixed size, around twice as tall as Bowser) but the ball will disappear if it hits something or someone. At it’s lower form, it can trip others up, but when it is bigger, it losses this feature, although as it dissolves, it can hit opponents with its released snow for a second strike.

Final Smash: Mallow calls down a large Super Star, which falls down, and flattens anything under it, then bounces back up to repeat the process. The star will bounce four times, and is very large, being about as long as Giga Bowser. The player can control where it bounces, but as they do this, Mallow stays in one spot. (Although he can’t be attacked) If the player bounces the star over an edge, they lose it, so keep yourself on guard. It has good damage and good knock back, befitting a FS, and if an opponent gets on top of the star as it goes up, it will have much the same effect as an Arwing. (As the Star bounces above the screen) Also, the star will bounce past normal platforms going to the center stage.

Top Bottom