• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the Official MALLOW in SSbb thread

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Geno's more popular because he's more popular - do you really need anything more than that?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If you must know Geno was one of the most suggested characters on Sakurai's poll. Unless Sakurai has more interest in Mallow, Geno's chances are much higher.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Why do you NEED a reason? The fact remains that he's more popular. The existence or nonexistence of a reason isn't going to change that.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why do you NEED a reason? The fact remains that he's more popular. The existence or nonexistence of a reason isn't going to change that.
So you just go with the flow? I'll support Geno just because he is who everyone likes, seriously! The fact remains that the recent hype surrounding Geno is what makes him popular but there is really not a factual reason to support that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So you just go with the flow? I'll support Geno just because he is who everyone likes, seriously! The fact remains that the recent hype surrounding Geno is what makes him popular but there is really not a factual reason to support that.
I gave you a reason, because Geno is useful and Mallow's role is better served by Peach and Geno

Plus Mallow cries all the time

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I GAVE you a reason.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The polls just prove he is popular not give a reason as to why he is.
Why is he popular? Well first of all, SMRPG is regarded as a great game by many. Second, Geno is, as PI stated, very useful in the game. Have you actually played the game yourself?

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
I'm saying I don't HAVE to. Not EVERYTHING has to have a reason behind it, you know.

People. Like. Geno. More. PERIOD.

Don't go trying to read ridiculously far into it just to make yourself feel better.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why is he popular? Well first of all, SMRPG is regarded as a great game by many. Second, Geno is, as PI stated, very useful in the game. Have you actually played the game yourself?
Yeah he starts out as a doll and needs to find the star things, that's why I said he was the game's catalyst.

I'm saying I don't HAVE to. Not EVERYTHING has to have a reason behind it, you know.

People. Like. Geno. More. PERIOD.

Don't go trying to read ridiculously far into it just to make yourself feel better.
I'm not reading into it, I don't hate Geno nor am I trying to belittle him, cause anyone would fail, I just asked a question which you so on haven't answered, please stop wasting both my time and yours.

Meta_Knight_14

Smash Cadet
Are you ladies done arguing yet? Good lord it's like watching two 5 year olds yell at each other. The same thing gets repeated and no progress is made.

Anyway, I fully support Mallow being playable in Brawl. Sure he's not one of those characters that sticks out in everyone's mind, but can you imagine the reaction and the expression on people's faces if they were big fans of RPG, and saw this

WARNING!
Challenger Approaching!
M-A-L-L-O-W.

I'd personally freak out. I loved that little whiny puffball :). Sure he can't jump, but there are creative ways around that.

Oh, don't get me wrong I love Geno too, but to those who say that Geno was the catalyst of the game are sadly mistaken. The catalyst is what initially takes the story into a new direction A lot of people probably thought that it'd just be mario again, on his own, until the game introduced Mallow, and BAM! Instant story change.

What can I say i like the little guy. If they really wanna go all out with Brawl, they should include both characters from this cult-hit.

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
Are you ladies done arguing yet? Good lord it's like watching two 5 year olds yell at each other. The same thing gets repeated and no progress is made.

Anyway, I fully support Mallow being playable in Brawl. Sure he's not one of those characters that sticks out in everyone's mind, but can you imagine the reaction and the expression on people's faces if they were big fans of RPG, and saw this

WARNING!
Challenger Approaching!
M-A-L-L-O-W.

I'd personally freak out. I loved that little whiny puffball :). Sure he can't jump, but there are creative ways around that.

Oh, don't get me wrong I love Geno too, but to those who say that Geno was the catalyst of the game are sadly mistaken. The catalyst is what initially takes the story into a new direction A lot of people probably thought that it'd just be mario again, on his own, until the game introduced Mallow, and BAM! Instant story change.

What can I say i like the little guy. If they really wanna go all out with Brawl, they should include both characters from this cult-hit.
Agreed. Mallow for Brawl!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Wow! This thread just exploded with debate! Awesome!

Personally, I like Geno and Mallow equally. I've never technically owned SMRPG, but I did pirate it onto my computer (I know... I'm a bad boy). I stopped playing it when I got to the part where you fight that first boss with Geno in your party. I stopped playing because when I had gotten that far, I heard that they were going to put SMRPG on the Wii VC. I'm just going to hold out and but it when it comes out for that.

I think they would both be great fighters (Mallow is short, plump, stretchy armed, has weather magic / Geno is short, shoots stuff from his hands, turns into things, is all dark and badass). But from what we're going on now, it seems the Smash Community likes Geno better overall. If only one of them is getting a spot, then the nod is definitely going to Geno. It doesn't matter "why they're considered more popular", they just are. Popularity means more people like that person more, there really isn't always a good reason, nor does there even need to be.

But if Geno is the only one of the two to make the cut, then Mallow will definitely make an appearance as an AT. (Same goes for vice-versa, but I'm just going with the more likely scenario.)

And that's what I have to say about that...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I do not support mallow for brawl or geno for that manner. Its nothing personal just I dont think we need more mario characters, 5 is enough.
Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser only rep the Mario games. Yoshi and Wario are repping their own franchises. Putting Geno and/or Mallow in would be fine. It wouldn't hurt, especially if they are good fighters.

On a commercial note, it would definitely spark more interest in people buying SMRPG on the Wii VC if Geno or Mallow made the cut. Sounds like a very corporate thing to do. And after they've already given Roy a commercial spot in Melee, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same again.

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
There is no way Mallow could get in without Geno getting in first, so just support Geno for now. If Geno makes it in, then Mallow has a shot as an AT.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
The reason for his fluctuating weight is cause a lot of people say he can't jump because he couldn't in SMRPG and a lot of other people said he could because hes a cloud. I couldn't choose so I tweaked it to my liking.

MALLOW MOVE SET

Stats:

-Weight = All weights. (Go to his up special for a better description.)

-Speed = Runs about as fast as Bowser used to.( In Melee not brawl)

-Jump = Mallow has 3 but since hes so heavy they work like a metal Kirby until he loses some water weight. (Go to his up special for a better description.)

-Recovery = His jumps don't do much for recovery but his Up Special helps a lot.

NEUTRAL A ATTACKS

A = Jab - Simple punch. About 5%

AA = Jab Hook - 10%

AAA = Jab Hook Double Punch (Timed Hit) - 20%

Dash = Runs with both fists extended knocks them down and the tramples them. 13% for the fist then 2% for each trample. 25 percent if you get all the tramples but its easy to DI out of.

TILTS

^ Tilt = Over Head Palm - Good for juggling. Does about 8 to 12%

v Tilt = Splits - Just a simple little split kick. Pretty good knockback not enough to kill though. About 12%

> Tilt = Jolt Punch - Its like Gannons Palm attack (Not sure if its his Neutral A or his > tilt) but does decent knockback at higher percents. It zaps about 3 times and does about 9%. 3% per zap

SMASHES

^ Smash = Cymbols - Music Notes also comes out and kind of act like little projectiles that don't move but only if you do the timed hit. A lot of knock from a direct hit from the cymbols. Minimal knockback from the Notes. About 16 to 25%. Notes are timed hits 3 to 5% from a note.

> Smash = Sonic Cymbols -Bigger cymbols than the up smash ones. Good killing move. Amazing knockback. About 25% without the timed hit and 35% with it.

v Smash = Ribbit Stick - Hits once then again on the side that has the closest enemy. It only hits twice if you do the timed hit. It bounces them off the ground and sets up good combos like a lot of things about 14 to 34% on each side. Its pretty fast move.

SPECIALS

v Special = Snowey - Drops a lot of big snowflakes that can spike and keep you bouncing off the ground back into another one. You can stall in the air for a few seconds with no horizontal movement Only works in air. Does a lot of damage each snowflake is about 5% and can do an upwards to about 27% depending on how many hit you. Sucks you in but can be DI'd out of. them for a while not much knockback.

> Special = Frog Coin Throw - Mallow gets a Frog Coin when he gets a K.O. They have a lot of start-up time (ala Gannon's Punch) and if its interrupted he can't do it again until he gets another K.O. You can only have one coin at a time. Once he gets a coin out you can throw it at who ever. Its basically a Hammer Head. Does ridiculous knock back and sure to K.O. at lower percentages. Does about 34%. Can't be caught, but it can be reflected and absorbed. (PSI Magnet)

^ Special = HP/Acid Rain - Can be held for a long time (About 20 seconds at once. After the 20 seconds are up he'll be incredibly light and easy to kill.) and propels you upward till you let go. Drops waterdrops really slowly that replenishes your health by about 3% each. In other words a lot comes out but it just falls really slowly. Its slow so you can cancel into it but anyone can take your HP Rain. Now the acid rain acts the same but has a bunch of knock back. It'll K.O. anyone with 80 or more percentage. Still heals though. Its random which one you'll get but the Acid Rain would be about as common as a Stitch Face Turnip. If you absorb this with the PSI Magnet it does damage.

(When Mallow spawns he's full of water weight. The more you use his up special, the lighter he gets. The lighter he gets the more range his jumps have and the easier it is to knock him off the stage.)

N Special = Shocker - A lighting bolt that charges while its not being used and gets bigger and faster the less its used. If you use it repeatedly it gets smaller and smaller and does less knockback and goes slower. In air Mallow spins and shoots four bolts in four directions and the damages gets split up as well as the size, speeds the same though. Fully charged bolt does about 35% with massive knockback. In air it does 12%. Does a little more than half the knock back of a fully charged one.

GRABS - All grabs are done with the sticky glove.

> Throw = Whomp Glove - Stretchs his arm out and grabs grabs the opponent then punches them with the whomp glove. With the timed hit the whomp glove doubles in size. Really good knock back. About as strong as Peachs >smash. Does about 15% alone with the timed hit it does about 27%.

< Throw = Back Drop Kick - Does a back drop. Then when they pop back up Mallow does a drop kick(Timed Hit). Does about 14% with out the kick and 34% with it. Pretty good knock back but wouldn't kill till higher percents

^ Throw = Upwards Freeze - Tosses them upwards and then throws a snowflake after them. Snowflake does about 10%(Timed hit). The toss alone does 16%

v Throw = Electrical Body Stomp - Throws them down then jumps on their gut with both feet and electricutes them if you do the Timed Hit. The throw alone does about 10% with the timed hit it goes up to about 22%.

AERIALS

Fair = Shocking Drop Kick - Has electrical knockback ofcourse. Very strong can kill and lower percentages. About 17%

Dair = Mid-Air Seat - Sits on somebody in the air. It spikes them doing about 15%

Bair = Backwards Headbang - Medium knockback. About 10%. Not a very good killing move til really high percents.

Nair = Chilly - Acts basically like Mewtwo's Nair with Ice knockback. 3% per hit.

Uair = Upwards Double Fist - Kind of long start up time. Kills of the top easily, but a lot of lag after. 18%

FINAL SMASH

FS = Star Rain - One huge star, like in the game, takes up the whole stage and even overlapse the edges of the stages so no one can recover. The star does 60% to everyone on the stage and everyone gets stuck in the ground. 20% to anyone that get hit by it and is trying to recover, it also spikes them.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Haha Mallow.
The one who thought he was a tadpole.
I wish him and Geno could both be in the game simultaneously as PC's but sadly, if Geno gets in, Mallow has his best shots as an AT. :(

y3nia659

Smash Ace
why? they both have good shots at playable :( BTW I support Mallow ;) and as long as he appears in Brawl I'll feel satisfied.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
why? they both have good shots at playable :( BTW I support Mallow ;) and as long as he appears in Brawl I'll feel satisfied.
Only one rep is going to come from Square-Enix, they wouldn't put in Geno and Mallow. Geno has more poll recommendations, and he has a larger fanbase, so I say he has a bit better of chances. Mallow *MIGHT* be an AT.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
The reason for his fluctuating weight is cause a lot of people say he can't jump because he couldn't in SMRPG and a lot of other people said he could because hes a cloud. I couldn't choose so I tweaked it to my liking.

MALLOW MOVE SET

Stats:

-Weight = All weights. (Go to his up special for a better description.)

-Speed = Runs about as fast as Bowser used to.( In Melee not brawl)

-Jump = Mallow has 3 but since hes so heavy they work like a metal Kirby until he loses some water weight. (Go to his up special for a better description.)

-Recovery = His jumps don't do much for recovery but his Up Special helps a lot.

NEUTRAL A ATTACKS

A = Jab - Simple punch. About 5%

AA = Jab Hook - 10%

AAA = Jab Hook Double Punch (Timed Hit) - 20%

Dash = Runs with both fists extended knocks them down and the tramples them. 13% for the fist then 2% for each trample. 25 percent if you get all the tramples but its easy to DI out of.

TILTS

^ Tilt = Over Head Palm - Good for juggling. Does about 8 to 12%

v Tilt = Splits - Just a simple little split kick. Pretty good knockback not enough to kill though. About 12%

> Tilt = Jolt Punch - Its like Gannons Palm attack (Not sure if its his Neutral A or his > tilt) but does decent knockback at higher percents. It zaps about 3 times and does about 9%. 3% per zap

SMASHES

^ Smash = Cymbols - Music Notes also comes out and kind of act like little projectiles that don't move but only if you do the timed hit. A lot of knock from a direct hit from the cymbols. Minimal knockback from the Notes. About 16 to 25%. Notes are timed hits 3 to 5% from a note.

> Smash = Sonic Cymbols -Bigger cymbols than the up smash ones. Good killing move. Amazing knockback. About 25% without the timed hit and 35% with it.

v Smash = Ribbit Stick - Hits once then again on the side that has the closest enemy. It only hits twice if you do the timed hit. It bounces them off the ground and sets up good combos like a lot of things about 14 to 34% on each side. Its pretty fast move.

SPECIALS

v Special = Snowey - Drops a lot of big snowflakes that can spike and keep you bouncing off the ground back into another one. You can stall in the air for a few seconds with no horizontal movement Only works in air. Does a lot of damage each snowflake is about 5% and can do an upwards to about 27% depending on how many hit you. Sucks you in but can be DI'd out of. them for a while not much knockback.

> Special = Frog Coin Throw - Mallow gets a Frog Coin when he gets a K.O. They have a lot of start-up time (ala Gannon's Punch) and if its interrupted he can't do it again until he gets another K.O. You can only have one coin at a time. Once he gets a coin out you can throw it at who ever. Its basically a Hammer Head. Does ridiculous knock back and sure to K.O. at lower percentages. Does about 34%. Can't be caught, but it can be reflected and absorbed. (PSI Magnet)

^ Special = HP/Acid Rain - Can be held for a long time (About 20 seconds at once. After the 20 seconds are up he'll be incredibly light and easy to kill.) and propels you upward till you let go. Drops waterdrops really slowly that replenishes your health by about 3% each. In other words a lot comes out but it just falls really slowly. Its slow so you can cancel into it but anyone can take your HP Rain. Now the acid rain acts the same but has a bunch of knock back. It'll K.O. anyone with 80 or more percentage. Still heals though. Its random which one you'll get but the Acid Rain would be about as common as a Stitch Face Turnip. If you absorb this with the PSI Magnet it does damage.

(When Mallow spawns he's full of water weight. The more you use his up special, the lighter he gets. The lighter he gets the more range his jumps have and the easier it is to knock him off the stage.)

N Special = Shocker - A lighting bolt that charges while its not being used and gets bigger and faster the less its used. If you use it repeatedly it gets smaller and smaller and does less knockback and goes slower. In air Mallow spins and shoots four bolts in four directions and the damages gets split up as well as the size, speeds the same though. Fully charged bolt does about 35% with massive knockback. In air it does 12%. Does a little more than half the knock back of a fully charged one.

GRABS - All grabs are done with the sticky glove.

> Throw = Whomp Glove - Stretchs his arm out and grabs grabs the opponent then punches them with the whomp glove. With the timed hit the whomp glove doubles in size. Really good knock back. About as strong as Peachs >smash. Does about 15% alone with the timed hit it does about 27%.

< Throw = Back Drop Kick - Does a back drop. Then when they pop back up Mallow does a drop kick(Timed Hit). Does about 14% with out the kick and 34% with it. Pretty good knock back but wouldn't kill till higher percents

^ Throw = Upwards Freeze - Tosses them upwards and then throws a snowflake after them. Snowflake does about 10%(Timed hit). The toss alone does 16%

v Throw = Electrical Body Stomp - Throws them down then jumps on their gut with both feet and electricutes them if you do the Timed Hit. The throw alone does about 10% with the timed hit it goes up to about 22%.

AERIALS

Fair = Shocking Drop Kick - Has electrical knockback ofcourse. Very strong can kill and lower percentages. About 17%

Dair = Mid-Air Seat - Sits on somebody in the air. It spikes them doing about 15%

Bair = Backwards Headbang - Medium knockback. About 10%. Not a very good killing move til really high percents.

Nair = Chilly - Acts basically like Mewtwo's Nair with Ice knockback. 3% per hit.

Uair = Upwards Double Fist - Kind of long start up time. Kills of the top easily, but a lot of lag after. 18%

FINAL SMASH

FS = Star Rain - One huge star, like in the game, takes up the whole stage and even overlapse the edges of the stages so no one can recover. The star does 60% to everyone on the stage and everyone gets stuck in the ground. 20% to anyone that get hit by it and is trying to recover, it also spikes them.

what a **** post.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I support Mallow appearing in Brawl as well as Geno but you definately need to do more with your first post. You want people to support Mallow and want him to appear in Brawl but all you do is give two pictures of him and that's about it. As my cat would say " EYE KNEDZ MOAR!!!" :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I fully support Mallow in Brawl, BUT I don't want to see him picked over Geno...

I found him quite annoying and he cries too much

D

Deleted member

I like Mallow. I believe he'll make it in as something like an AT though.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Mallow

Neutral B - Cry, two big waterfalls of tears come out of Mallows eyes. And they splash on either side of him. The longer it's held the smaller the water falls, like bowsers B move.

Forward B - Shocker, Sends out a large greenish bolt of lightning, characters hit will take damage as long as the bolt is hitting them. The bolt slowly gets smaller as it moves forward. This process temporarily increases when passing through a character.

Up B - Lakitu Ride, Lakitu appears right above Mallow's head and carries him upwards for a short distance with his fishing pole.

Down B - HP Rain, as long as B is held down this move can be moved left and right, if it goes too far away from mallow, or if you let B go, it will disappear. Absorbs enemy energy based projectiles. If rain goes directly onto Mallow for a bit of time, next time he uses neutral B, his waterfalls will be bigger.

A - Long Punch, Streches out right hand, Weak
AA - 2nd Long Punch, Streches out left hand, slightly stronger
AAA - Hammer Punch, Puts both hands in front of self and streches them out.
Tilt Forward A - Froggie Stick, does a quick horizontal swing with it
Tilt Up A - Cymbals, does a quick push upwards with the cymbals held open
Tilt Down A - Whomp Glove, hands get big, holds out hands, and does a quick swinging circle around self
Smash Forward A - Ribbit Stick, Holds above head ans whacks downwards, kind of like IC'ers smash >A move
Smash Up A - Sonic Cymbals, Claps above head, sends out a shockwave, high knockback
Smash Down A - Big Whomp Glove, Hands get REALLY big, holds them out, and swings around in a big circle.
Aerial A - Spin Punch, Puts arms out and spins.
Aerial Forward A - Whomp Smash, holds hands above head for a sec, they grow large and are swung downwards(like DK's)
Aerial Up A - Froggie Stick Swing, Swings the froggie stick above his head fairly quickly.
Aerial Back A - Reverse Whomp Hit, holds out hands in front of self, then swings them behind him, they grow large, BIG knockback
Aerial Down A - Sonic Cymbals Crash, holds Sonic Cymbals open below self, send out a shockwave, can spike.
Dash A - Headbutt, does a small jump and flies head first.

Grab - Sticky Glove, swings right arm out far, catches an enemy and pulls them in.
Grab Hit - Headbutts
Throw Up - Holds above head and headbutts
Throw Down - Throws onto ground right infront of Mallow, then Jump vertical hits them with the Ribbit Stick.
Throw Forward - Swings around and tosses
Throw Back - Catapult Throw, extends arms and throws backwards when right above Mallow's head.

Getting Back on Edge (<100%) - Hammer, holds onto edge with one hand, other one grows huge and he swings it onto the stage, then pulls self up.
Getting Back on Edge (>100%) - Trip, slides quickly onto the stage and falls down.

Taunt - His taunt from SMRPG when he wins a fight.
Idle - Starts falling asleep
Walk - Trots with arms flapping
Run - Dashes forward
Jump 1 - Jumps straight up with hands above head
Jump 2 - Does a long slow front flip
Kirby Hat - More like kirby pants, kirby get's mallow's pants and small hair tuft
Final Smash - Star Rain, A huge star will start bouncing around all over the screen as little stars fall from the sky, the little stars aren't very powerful. But the big one is VERY powerful.

Top Bottom