• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Luigi in Brawl Topic (CONFIRMED! Pictures inside!)

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Luigi needs to be more Luigilicious in Brawl, meaning he should sport his own unique move set and outfit.

He was a pimp in melee, but he was also just another mario. Mario and Dr. Mario were cramping his style.

One of his moves could be sucking someone up in his vacuum, then blowing them back out at high speed. Perhaps that could be one of his grabs.

I don't know what his final smash should be, but he should have a really pissed off face during his final smash.

*Nervously repeats, "Luigi has gotta be in Brawl..."

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking for a final smash he would do the luigi tornado but his tornado would basically be Marios final smash vertically and he could go any direction like with the Luigi tornado. That sounds good right? Unless you think Luigi has been copying Mario for far too long.

Luigi will be in no doubts and if he isn't I will never use a newcomer to avenge his death. lolz **** you DeDeDe

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Of course Luigi is going to be in Brawl, the only question is, when is Sakurai going to update confirming such...

Then again, Luigi is a secret character in both the previous games, perhaps Sakurai is holding him off until the right time?

Also, TobiCORE, it's a vacuum.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't believe that all of the character's we've seen are starters. I'm guessing that Sonic, Snake, and King Dedede are unlockables. So even if Luigi is unlockable again, his update will hopefully come soon.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Heres a question for you though...if you dont unlock them how do you play with them with other people over Wi-Fi! O.O
Character filter?

I have no doubts that Luigi will be in Brawl. But now that wavedashing is gone, how will he play competitively? Luigi's relied on WD'ing for movement and technique, and with the new Brawl environment, it seems to me that he'd be more difficult to use.

headbusa

Smash Cadet
Because of the sakur's understanding of how much people enjoy the game now im pretty sure that the copies are a thing of the past, but in luigi's case he has to have a moveset close to mario...

anyone who said he was a copy of mario in mellee doesnt understand luigi he is his own character with a unique plastyle and will be in brawl also...

luigi fs:
luigi runs around like a madman like in luigi's mansion with his vacuum. it doesnt actually do damage but the vacuum pulls opponents to and past luigi and there momentum causes them to be launched past luigi in a wierd momentum based knockback.
this fs should be able to be cancled and restarted and given a certain amount of time to use it..

idk kinda stupid but i think it could be executed alright if they made luigi have the same voiceover as luigi's mansion.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Maybe Luigi's down b should him turning into Mr.L? (like Zelda's down b) Luigi could then have a big part in the story mode as Mr.L

EPX2

Smash Ace
Heres a question for you though...if you dont unlock them how do you play with them with other people over Wi-Fi! O.O
Huh? I don't really understand the problem... are you asking how would you use characters that you haven't unlocked yet online or how would it be possible to play online against people who are using characters you haven't unlocked yet? If the former: simple - you don't. Just as you wouldn't be able to use unlockable characters offline until you actually unlocked them, you wouldn't be able to use them online. If the latter: simple - you just play. Just as it's possible to play against secret characters you haven't unlocked offline (besides, how do you think you unlock secret characters in the first two games), it's possible to play online against these characters without needing to have unlocked them yourself.

Mr1337

Smash Cadet
I'm real surprised Luigi hasn't been announced yet. His moves have got to be completely different for it to take this long to reveal him.

I think they need to alter his jump to emulate his SM 2 legs swinging hop. Maybe his upB can be changed to a large arcing jump where the legs damage you much like Yoshi's downA. I mean they gave Peach her ability from Mario 2, Luigi deserves his.

I'll bet the farm that Luigi's downB is a vacuum move. It's going to work like the opposite of Marios FLUUD sucking the enemy in toward you with no damage. That sounds weird because who wants the enemy closer without damaging him but I see it a much more useful than the FLUUD. It could potentially link combos together nicely.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Luigi will come back. Maybe I come with a B move set.

Maybe he must use some thunder attacks from Super Star Saga?

susu_atari

Smash Ace
I think if you keep his special moves the same apart from down+B, which is obviously going to be the vacuum, his moves will be different enough from Mario's, yet have enough similarities. He IS Mario's brother, after all, and I don't think ALL his B moves should be completely different. Taking away his green fireball and uppercut would be straying too far from the nature of a "Mario Brother".

Tails for brawl

Smash Ace
wow no nonbeliviers and i thout i was the only 1 that likes Luigi
BETTER than mario i think luigi's grab move should be his vacuum
/\
|
key word

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
Look at the last picture in metknights update, I think that's Luigi, tomorrows update will be luigi.

Robane

Smash Rookie
It's pretty obvious that Luigi will be in Brawl.

I'm fine with Luigi's moveset as it is in Melee, twink a couple of moves (maybe adding vacume) would make for a great Luigi.

(I didn't read any posts in this thread, shh)

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well Mario has FLUDD which already makes Mario different from his Melee character. Even modeling characters after Melee Mario would not make them a total clone of Mario now.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I am hoping Luigi keeps his same moveset, and I REALLY hope he returns to brawl.
Same here, but I could care less seriously if changed and tweaked his other moves (especially his Up+B for power and comeback purposes), but I just don't want Sakurai to edit the power of his aerial moves.

And now that wavedashing is deconfirmed (not complaining mind you), I'm going to have to figure out another way to win with Luigi if he plays similar than to what he did in Melee. This complicates things.....

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
how is this the official thread?
How is it not?

I made an official Luigi topic because I was sick of seeing all of these other random Luigi topics being made every day. There is no real Luigi topic other than this.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Bump.

Luigi's moveset should definately get revamped. Since his character has gone through ghostly changes the past few years, I would love to see them incorporate his vaccum from Luigi's Mansion.

He is even in the Haunted Galaxy in Super Mario Galaxy. Luigi loves his supernatural escapades.

He could use the vaccum as a tether recovery, and an extended grapple like Samus and Link. Luigi has so much potential to be very different from Mario.

Specials:
Standard-- Vaccum: Like Kirby's inhale. You suck up opponents, but like Yoshi, you entrap them in the vaccum's bag, giving you time to smash them or run around to another opponent and spit them out vollying them into danger.

Forward-- Ghostly Dash: A ghost scares the daylights out of Luigi, causing him to rush into opponents ahead of him.

Down-- Vaccum Blow: You give a big blast of air, sending opponents opposite of your direction.

Up-- Vaccum Burst: Like name, vaccum fries and bursts behind him, sending him flying in any direction you choose.

Nah, just his down B should be vacuum! I think inhaling projectiles and then spewing them out in a ball of flame or something random like in the mansion would be awesome.

What I thought his moveset should be:
Standard B: Fireball still owns just because it is a classic move! It should do more damage or a longer range if it is still going to suck.
Up B: Luigi Uppercut: Just like the other Smash Bros except more like the SSB64 version instead of the lame melee straight up move!
Side B: Vacuum Blast: Should take Vacuum and push himself sideways based on how long it hasn't been used for. (Okay... so two vacuum moves....)
Down B: Vacuum Inhale: Should suck up projectiles and blast them back like G&W down b. Can lead into a grab too.

umm here's a moveset:

B: Thunder Hand- Like his green fire balls, except that when hit you get stunned for a short while
B>: Ultra Hammer- Luigi spins with his hammer jetting outwards. This move does excellent knockback and damage but after using it luigi is dizzy and has his stun animation.
B^: Spin Jump- Luigi does a backflip and then starts to spin around. This move leaves you like peach's up b, pressing down will cause you to freefall but unlike peach's up b you can't press up again to start falling slow.
Bv: Poltergust 3000- This item brings enemies close to you and rapidly increasing their damage. It also sucks up energy based moves, if you suck up three it spits out either a fire blast, ice blast, or water blast (the amount of energy based moves does not reset after you die). It can also suck up projectiles, they get stuck on the nozzle and are sent flying back at a very high speed.

Final Smash: Luigi Finale- Luigi pushes his hand onto the ground a giant pillar of green fire blasts from the area he is in. It's just like mario's except vertical

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
^B: Super Jump Punch: He's Mario's Brother. He should share one move with Mario
B: Thunder Ball: Similar to Pikachu's B except not affected by gravity like his fireballs
>B: Green Missile: Why does this have to change?
vB: Poltergust 3000: Draws enemies in and causes slight damage.

tutata

Smash Ace
Dam ppl got some great ideas for luigi, i like the vacuum idea. I like luigi alot and have been playing him from the n64, from dinging ppl, to the meele version, were you wave dash all over the place. I fear that he might get worse, i mean look at the trend, they did it to ness, i dont think there is going to be major changes, they probably think, hey it does not matter everyone is playing items, and that balances the game! Poor luigi,ness,G&W and all other low tires

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Now that I've seen other ideas I like, I'd like to see him retain 'some' classic properties, like his fireball, but to tie it into his Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga with his electric personality for his fireball to be changed into a thunderball that doesn't bounce on the ground.

Standard B: Lightning Ball
Exactly like his green fireball, just aesthetically altered to fit his recent appearances.

Side B: Green Missle
Same as the other, just add a lightning animation as he charges up. If done as a recovering aerial move, for it to stall longer in the air, giving him more time before falling to his doom.

Up B: Super Jumping Uppercut
Same as before.

Down B: Poltergust 3000
Sucks in anything like items, projectiles, and characters, and can to spit them out you press B or you could keep holding down and pressing B to keep ingesting things until the vacuum explodes damaging opponents.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Now that I've seen other ideas I like, I'd like to see him retain 'some' classic properties, like his fireball, but to tie it into his Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga with his electric personality for his fireball to be changed into a thunderball that doesn't bounce on the ground.

Standard B: Lightning Ball
Exactly like his green fireball, just aesthetically altered to fit his recent appearances.

Side B: Green Missle
Same as the other, just add a lightning animation as he charges up. If done as a recovering aerial move, for it to stall longer in the air, giving him more time before falling to his doom.

Up B: Super Jumping Uppercut
Same as before.

Down B: Poltergust 3000
Sucks in anything like items, projectiles, and characters, and can to spit them out you press B or you could keep holding down and pressing B to keep ingesting things until the vacuum explodes damaging opponents.
You just kind of elaborated more on my idea...

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I know, I did take your ideas and rethought mine since I liked them, but I thought the Poltergust 3000 should be more versatile by inhaling just about anything and the exploding vacuum mechanic.

This thread is dead! Bring out some action will ya!
Alright, I have a complaint. I was playing SSB64 and since I main Luigi in Melee I'm used to using his D-air attack as a killing move now and then. But in SSB64, I forgot it was a gay combo move that did next to nothing for me. Now seeing Mario has D-air as his mario tornado, I don't want that to happen to luigi because Luigi's down air is just to awesome to become crap again.
Thoughts? Objections?
Candy?
Don't give up on Luigi!!!

Top Bottom