• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Luigi in Brawl Topic (CONFIRMED! Pictures inside!)

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
hmmm

its true tho that luigi was a copy of mario from the beginning but the outcome of the attacks were totally different...

personally i say keep the same move list and improve on the effects of it like remove the randomness of the green missle attack and make it like fox's firefox but with limitations...(idk maybe u could direct him in a restricted angle instead of fox's ability to move his fire fox wherever he wants)

fireballs could stay altho i wanna see the thunderhand in 3d action

the luigi cyclone should keep its ablilty to raise luigi up instead of the whole do it once on the ground and doing it again in the air. i also hope its really mobile like in melee ( just in case wavedashing isn't in due to the havok physics system.)

in the end, each character in ssb has moves and relations to characters that correlate to his/her history in nintendo. if luigi has all new moves then he loses his flavor as mario's younger brother.

T-major

Smash Champion
Luigi has enough moves and abilities from all the games to be given a 100% original move-set. although he's very different from Mario in the way his shared moves act, he's important enough to deserve moves of his own.

the majority of Luigi's A moves are his own, so not much of that should change. but his B moves are where it gets tricky. some people want him to have moves that use the Poltergust 3000 from Luigi's mansion, but a lot of people (like me) are againced this idea. while it is original, but was from one game that didn't particularly do that well. I think it would make a great Final smash though, if he got to use the vacuum to shoot out different elements.

I personaly think that his most of his B moves should be taken from the Mario & Luigi games. for example, instead of the Green fire, he could have his Thunder powers. most likely it would be a standard B attack, but I see it as more of a Forward B. the way Noshiee said is a great way for it to work, and is probably the best way I can think of how it could work. you can charge up the thunder, and when you release it a sphere of electricity will form in front of Luigi from his hand. the more you charge it, the bigger and stronger it is. a fully charged ball should be about 3/4 the size of Luigi in hight.

Jaykizzle

Smash Cadet
yeah im against the vac attack as well..i can't really see him or any character lugging something around like that

besides...his jump wouldn't be as high with that thing on his back

ToonyMan

Smash Cadet
Every single one of Luigi's Moves is different then Mario's, why do you think he isn't in the clone spots? (The sides)

Edit: Whoops didnt see the 3rd page.

SilverFang

Smash Cadet
Luigi will surely be there. Smash Bros can't Smash BROS without him. For his moves they can even add a hammer from Superstar Saga as one or two of his moves in order for him to be more different than Mario.

Amaggad

Smash Apprentice
Luigi is my main in melee so i definatly want him back, most of the moves should be changed apart from his aerial attacks and the flying headbutt fart thing

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Luigi is my main in melee so i definatly want him back, most of the moves should be changed apart from his aerial attacks and the flying headbutt fart thing
Ha, I always found that funny... However I think all of his B moves (with the exception of maybe side B) need to be changed.

My moveset:

B - Thunderhand: Works a bit like it does in Mario and Luigi. I really think he should be able to charge it, but I don't think it should be a projectile, as I said earlier it should work like Mario's fsmash, just not as much "knocking power", and probably more range and damage.

B Down - I'm not really sure on how to change this myself... Anybody have good ideas?

B Up - I saw a suggestion earlier that it should work like a Luigi jump from a Mario game... I think that's a great idea. It'd be like Yoshi's jump, except it will damage anybody he runs into.

I'm not good at making movesets, I'm aware of that... but I think at least the B move should be changed, and the Poltergeist 3000 would probably work best in his Final Smash as opposed to shaping his whole moveset around it.

rideonshootingstarxx

Smash Cadet
I think his double jump should be Luigi's flutter-esque jump he has has in most Mario game. A little electricity would be nice (smashes maybe?) and I would rather the vaccum just be avoided.
It'd just look awkward IMO.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Not even for his Final Smash? A lot of people didn't really like Luigi's Mansion, but that's a part of Luigi now... a part that distinguishes him from Mario. Yes, if his whole moveset revolved around it, it might be weird, but I think a Final Smash using it would be appropriate.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Mr. L costume FTW. also i think they should ditch green fire and give him thunder, since he was awesome with it in Superstar Saga. maybe a running attack upgrade and some uncloning, with a better smash attack than a charged poke!!!

rideonshootingstarxx

Smash Cadet
Not even for his Final Smash? A lot of people didn't really like Luigi's Mansion, but that's a part of Luigi now... a part that distinguishes him from Mario. Yes, if his whole moveset revolved around it, it might be weird, but I think a Final Smash using it would be appropriate.
Maybe a final smash,
although I think a Luigi version of the Mario Finale would be neat.
Maybe he could create a tornado of green fire that surrounded him?

But using the vaccum for a final smash would work.
I loved Luigi's Mansion, but I don't think the vaccum is anymore necessary than Mario having FLUDD.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
I'm sure everyone is already predicting this, but I'm going to add it to this topic: now that Mario has had his tornado replaced with FLUDD, I'm gonna bet (and hope) Luigi is going to have the same treatment with the Poultergust 3000 from Luigi's Mansion.

I hoped this would happen, considering the tornado was the only B move left that Mario and Luigi shared that was virtually identical.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I'm sure everyone is already predicting this, but I'm going to add it to this topic: now that Mario has had his tornado replaced with FLUDD, I'm gonna bet (and hope) Luigi is going to have the same treatment with the Poultergust 3000 from Luigi's Mansion.

I hoped this would happen, considering the tornado was the only B move left that Mario and Luigi shared that was virtually identical.
Ya.. it's pretty safe to assume we'll be seeing some, if not at least one move involving his vacuum. Let's hope it doesn't hurt Luigi's game.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, Luigi never really needed that tornado, so it's the most logical thing to axe, even over the Green Missle. :O

I wonder what that will do though, suck in and shoot opponents out?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I thought that the Vacuum would be Luigi's final smash. If they give it to him as a new special, what would his final smash be?

Stalky

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I think his vacuum deserves more spotlight than an occasional showing as a Final Smash.

I'd guess it's going to be fiery, like Mario's; although obviously green opposed to red. Maybe in order to make it suitably different to Mario's, it could fire vertically (up or down; or maybe both) rather than from the side.

EDIT: Or I suppose it could be some sort of electrical attack, like Luigi's megastrike in Strikers. Especially because Pikachu, surprisingly enough, doesn't have an electrical attack (as such) for his Final Smash.

JLoc

Smash Apprentice
I hope they don't change him TOO much. you guys keep sayin he too much of a clone of mario.. there freaking brothers... Luigi look to up mario in everyway so it make sense for him to be a bit similar. he standing more which I glad but I like that he still has traits from his brother at bit. kinda like ryu and ken.

rideonshootingstarxx

Smash Cadet
Ok.
Well, seeing as I specifically said, "I don't think the Luigi having the vaccum is any more important than Mario having FLUDD"...

Poltergust 3000 for Brawl, *****es!
Maybe as HIS Down Special, but pulling enemies towards him instead?
I still like the final smash idea though.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
No, no. You guys are too dumbz lolz. Luigi shouldn't be in Brawl! MAMA LUIGI SHOULD. With the powers of shooting bagels and baby yoshis, Mama Luigi is DEFINITELY A TOP TIER.

....I just had to do that. Anyway, since Mario got F.L.U.D.D., will this mean if Luigi comes back *which he will, I know it.* will his down B be the same, except instead of FLUDD, it would be Poltergust 900.

Then again, he could have his own original moveset, which we all want of course, maybe like something from Mario & Luigi. The thunder hand, or his hammer. Who knows.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
well, his down B could be that super Jump from Super Paper Mario, where he squishes himself and then jumps really high, and worksas an uppercut, they could made that uppercut very powerful when it connects and is fully charged.
They could change the green fireballs for the fire or ice balls that he shoots from his vacuum in Luigi's Mansion, and he could keep his up B and Side B, mabye make his Up B go morehight, but in a staight line up.
Also his smash attacks could do like electric damage or something, his Up and Side B could make electric damage if it connects.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I still think that his B move should be replaced with a Thunderhand move.

"It's only been in one game."

So has F.L.U.D.D. ;)

Noshiee

Smash Ace
well, the thunderhand move could be his Fsmash attack, like mario's fire ball, but it would be like electricity coming out of his hand like in the game.

MageNinja

Smash Cadet
His chances of getting in is as small as Mario's!

Anyway, with the appearance of F.L.U.D.D. for Mario, Luigi will have a more unique moveset. I guess it'll be like:

B: Thunderball: As seen in Superstar Saga and Partners in Time. Actions will just like be his fireball in the previous games.
Up B: Green Missle: He can launch himself(like the original) into the air.
Down B: Poltergust 3000: The opposite of F.L.U.D.D. Yes, it sucks instead.
Forward B: Luigi Cyclone: You know what this is.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
Down B: Poltergust 3000: The opposite of F.L.U.D.D. Yes, it sucks instead.
Sucks and then spits. Eheh.

By the way, anyone who disagrees with the vacuum as part of Luigi's moveset; it originates from the first (and so far only) game in which Luigi stars by himself. Considering the whole idea behind Smash, I can't see it not having representation of some sort.

In fact, I'm gonna explode if it doesn't show up anywhere.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
So.....yo, with a weird lookin vacuum, do you think Luigi has da potential to be a contender in da top tier category, or atleast da middle tier? I'm tired of my boy not gettin any love in Melee as far as tiers go. It's makin me all melancholy.....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they want to make Luigi an easy unique character all they have to do is give him his Polteheist permanently (not only for his down+b).

That way he could have moves such as;

Up + B Reverse Vacuum - Luigi puts his Vacuum in reverse mode and depending on which way the control stick is pointing, Luigi will go in the opposite direction.

Foward + B Green Missle - Same as Melee ( I don't know if thats exactly what its called xD )

Neutral + B Shoots out an elemental ball, either Fire, Water or Ice at a 33.3% chance each with different effects such as;

- When hit with fire, person will be on fire and will continuously gain 1% every 2 seconds until the STOP DROP & ROLL or they are hit with a Neutral + B water ball. Person will not gain % when hit with another fireball or iceball whilst burning.
- When hit with water, person will become wet and when they move they will slide when they try to stop. To get rid of the effect they'll need to jump a few time to dry themselves or get hit by a Neutral + B iceball. Person will not gain % when hit with another waterball or fireball.
- When hit with an iceball they'll will have a 50% chance to freeze but will not be sent in the air like the item 'Freezie' would. Person will unfreeze after 3 seconds or when hit with a Neutral + B fireball. Person will not gain % when hit with another iceball or waterball.

Down + B Use the vacuum to suck the opponent towards Luigi, person caught in the suction would need to push the control stick in the opposite direction of Luigi and jump. Whilst in the suction of Luigi's vacuum person would gain %, if the person getting pulled towards doesn't resist and gets very close to Luigi Luigi will have them 'grabbed'.

Hmm, that took longer to write then I thought it would because things were just coming to me.

WHen does Luigi shoot out any elemental other than Fire?

Eagle

Smash Lord
I should have posted the moveset in the Vacuum Luigi because the entire moveset involves his vacuum so I did, I didn't know there was a Vacuum Luigi already ><.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I think he should get the helicopter jump from Super Mario 64 DS.(the one he could use after reaching the peak of his high jump) Make it a Peach Parasol-Style recovery.
The vaccuum is pretty much confirmed as his down-B, but I'll miss the Luigi Cyclone- something tells me it won't be executed as easily as in Melee. They should give him some more karate-style moves like his Fsmash and Fair.(That's a funny difference I've noticed between the brothers- Mario's a kickboxer while Luigi uses martial arts)

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
Vacuum vs. F.L.U.D.D.
Should be epic

Also, dont be surprised if we dont see luigi in the dojo for awhile. It's tradition for him to be one of the first unlockables, but still an unlockable. If this dojo is anything like melee's we wont see many, if any, more character updates. Including Luigi-blah.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh...right Luigi in Brawl..

...he has as much chance of...say...a Squirtle or Ivysaur getting in Brawl...

You people...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Eh...right Luigi in Brawl..

...he has as much chance of...say...a Squirtle or Ivysaur getting in Brawl...

You people...
This topic isn't really about Luigi's chances of getting in, it's more about what changes will be made to him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Mario Bros. both in Brawl..... What don't you get?
What was the point of that?

Gosh, I'm no mod, but it seems ridiculous to me that everybody can come in here ignoring the point of this topic and saying "Luigi will be in for sure!" I made it clear in my first post that this is to discuss how he can/might be changed. If all you have to say is "Luigi will be in Brawl!", and you say it rudely like nobody here understands that, then don't say anything at all.

Thunderhand for B move!

Top Bottom