• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Link Stage Discussion- Free discussion on any stage not covered

D

Deleted member

Halberd

Advantages

- stage bombing
- central platform allows you to spam more and get away from better spammers

disadvantages

- stage hazards
- the carrier's ledges
- ledges allow you to get stage spiked

Bouse

Smash Ace
Posting to say you should format your main post. Add colors, maybe a SS of the stage. I mean, if we want to fall asleep looking at your post it's fine I guess...

We need a little pizazz.

*jazz hands*

I'm a sucker for fonts too.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Posting to say you should format your main post. Add colors, maybe a SS of the stage. I mean, if we want to fall asleep looking at your post it's fine I guess...

We need a little pizazz.

*jazz hands*

I'm a sucker for fonts too.
Yeah, Arkive sent me a PM with a format XD

Don't know how I'm going to reformat it though O_o

D

Deleted member

itll have a greater chance of getting a sticky when all the stages are done so just wait patiently

4Serial

Smash Lord
I think it's counterpickable. I'd understand if it was banned in singles, but it's probably legit in doubles. Hannenbow is probably banned in singles, but should be allowed in doubles.

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah, the rules are different for every region on what stages are used for cp. I just assumed since there's a walk off ledge there almost the entire match it would be banned.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Distant Planet is such a weird stage. One thing I find useful is standing on top of the bulbin and spamming projectiles. Since I don't play on this stage often (or at all) I don't know much else about it...

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Distant Planet is such a weird stage. One thing I find useful is standing on top of the bulbin and spamming projectiles. Since I don't play on this stage often (or at all) I don't know much else about it...
Yeah it is a weird stage but it's fun :D Well w/e I need info on it -____-

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Distant Planet:

Advantages:
Link can spam projectiles from atop the bulbin.
Bomb Planting is performable on the platforms
There are only two main platforms, each of which support DAC
Zair is effective on shorter characters because there is wavering ground levels
Link can jump from the ledge grass ledge and the ground ledge and change position easily

Disadvantages:
It's hard to recover without the bulbin
Walk-Off edge can gimp Link
Waterfall can gimp Link when it's raining
Opponents can pick up pellets and use them against Link's bombs

Not the best reasons, but I never play on this stage. I hope it helps :)

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Distant Planet:

Advantages:
Link can spam projectiles from atop the bulbin.
Bomb Planting is performable on the platforms
There are only two main platforms, each of which support DAC
Zair is effective on shorter characters because there is wavering ground levels
Link can jump from the ledge grass ledge and the ground ledge and change position easily

Disadvantages:
It's hard to recover without the bulbin
Walk-Off edge can gimp Link
Waterfall can gimp Link when it's raining
Opponents can pick up pellets and use them against Link's bombs

Not the best reasons, but I never play on this stage. I hope it helps :)
At this point, any info will do. I haven't updated since Distant Plantet. -___- No one's been here in awhile. So thanks XD

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
yeah, the rules are different for every region on what stages are used for cp. I just assumed since there's a walk off ledge there almost the entire match it would be banned.
You have a point but I'm just going by the SBR Recommended Rules. :p

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Thank you :)

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread. Without you all, this would of never happened. It was fun updating and such but this thread is kinda dead so I need info on the Halberd and Rainbow Cruise and this thread is done and hopefully a sticky will be put on it. Hopefully, this will help fellow Link mainers. Oh and I guess I'll put some pictures in here. XD And stage verdicts (good for Link or bad) So thank you all for the information on the stages.

Deva

Smash Lord
for future reference, almost all good players think the the SBR screwed up bad on their reccomended stage set lol.

Needs more norfair ^_^

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
blu link, don't lie to me! :laugh:

I looked at this thread expecting that you'd finally be done with the stage list, but you've only done about half the viable stages! Don't say it's done just so the mods will sticky it, they don't even look at this forum anyway. Add Norfair and Rainbow Cruise at least before saying it's complete. :laugh:

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
blu link, don't lie to me! :laugh:

I looked at this thread expecting that you'd finally be done with the stage list, but you've only done about half the viable stages! Don't say it's done just so the mods will sticky it, they don't even look at this forum anyway. Add Norfair and Rainbow Cruise at least before saying it's complete. :laugh:
:( Nobody even posts on it so whats the point? I got most of the stages.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Redoing

Ok there are stages missing, need to do them I'm restarting this thread. Hold onto your seats people, it's gunna be a completed guide :D

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Version History

(10/6/08)Version 2.0:
Remodeling order of stages by SBR list.
(10/6/08)Version 2.01
Added one pic lol

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
UPDATE: I'm starting to get pictures, verdicts will be getting in soon. After that, I will start updates again.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
it's beautiful! But, in my opinion, stages that don't have much info on them (frigate orpheon) need a bit more info, so perheps revisit some of these forgotten stages?

sasook

Smash Champion
Request.........

Could we do more for Delfino? I dunno what to add, but seeing as it's my favorite/best stage.........

:chuckle:

Top Bottom