• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE OFFICIAL Kennesaw, GA (and surrounding areas) Thread

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@GP - I'll play sometime, but it'll have to be during the week. I'm normally out in Gwinnett during the weekends.

@Nicaboy - Yeah, i might be able to help you mod it. Depends on the model you get, though. Also, just buy Swap Magic off of the net.

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
mark, jason, marty, 4leaf,

anyone wanna play melee???

really want to .......
yeah man, just tell me the time and date and ill do what i can to be there. Its about a 95% chance i can be there. And since ill have the car the next 3 days and i dont have anything planned, its about 100% chance this weekend.

Oh Marty, my friend Ryan really wanted to play you in brawl and he likes to have stuff planned a few days in advance. Do you think youll be up for some brawl at my house on monday or tuesday?

GA Peach

Smash Lord
yeah man, just tell me the time and date and ill do what i can to be there. Its about a 95% chance i can be there. And since ill have the car the next 3 days and i dont have anything planned, its about 100% chance this weekend.

Oh Marty, my friend Ryan really wanted to play you in brawl and he likes to have stuff planned a few days in advance. Do you think youll be up for some brawl at my house on monday or tuesday?
...why can't people want to play a good game...i suppose i can play him...

Rayku

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to Melee or Brawl on Sunday I think I have it off. Just give me a call.

Oh, and GP, 4Leaf doesn't play Melee

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
...why can't people want to play a good game...i suppose i can play him...
Yeah but don't forget, In Melee you cant spam Din's fire as effectively, or all of Zelda's other broken moves for that matter.

So what did everyone do July 4th? I just went to a friends neighborhood and watched some fireworks.

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I know you don't care for brawl much and I understand that, but I made this brawl video thingy and I wanted to ask you guys what you think of it. The performance of me... my friend and just the video as a whole I guess. Feel free to post a comment and just let me know! Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EplOOWrh2M

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone, I know you don't care for brawl much and I understand that, but I made this brawl video thingy and I wanted to ask you guys what you think of it. The performance of me... my friend and just the video as a whole I guess. Feel free to post a comment and just let me know! Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EplOOWrh2M
The best part about that match was definitely the music lets just say that now. The actual match itself wasnt that great i thought because your Zelda friend kept falling for your same tricks over...and over...and over.....until his last stock it seemed like he was thinking a little bit. Other than that i honestly just hate Zelda in this game so i was happy to see her beaten up that badly. 3/5

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
I watched it it was pretty decent although Chester definetly plays a better Game n Watch. Is your cousin the guy that I usually face towards the finals of our EHS brawl tourneys? Yeah.. Anyways good job. Oh and I feel bad because I made Volt look pretty bad in here I will have to find a video of one of our better matches and show you guys because he was definetly on one of his bad moments in this one I guess. Thanks for the comments!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah you usually have to verse him, but he says you **** him hard. He keeps changing his gamer tag because he can't find a good one. He just decided to go with his youtube name, Dizzy.

Chester probably plays a better G&W but Frank consistently beats him when they do ditto matches. Frank is weird like that, he is inconsistent against different people.

Sk3pTiK

Smash Rookie
been a while since i posted or even looked at smashboards but just wanted to let everyone know that every tuesday now, theres brawl tournys from 6pm-9pm at Kurisios(sushi bar) on Barrett parkway

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
been a while since i posted or even looked at smashboards but just wanted to let everyone know that every tuesday now, theres brawl tournys from 6pm-9pm at Kurisios(sushi bar) on Barrett parkway

Well lets just hope they're nothing like the battle and brew tourneys. I'll have to check that out next week. Do you know any details?

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
It's not worth going unless you want to win a gift card for japanese food.

But It has only been going on for 2 weeks and last week the winner got an n64.

So I dunno if it'll change to money prizes or not.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Awesome sig Zeus.

Arcana Hearts is the most curvacious fighting game i've played in a while. Not saying its bad, but its not a game you can have fun with if you don't know what your doing and your button mashing(mostly cause its really slow).
My theory on what makes an awesome game is:
Fun and exciting to watch.
Fun and exciting to play the first time through.
Intense and exciting to play the 500th time through.

This is true for fighting games and most other games for the most part. Brawl was okay to watch when it was very young.
Then it was not so exciting to shortly later, but still fun to play.
And as you kept playing it..it became not so exciting to play.
So now it sucks.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Awesome sig Zeus.

My theory on what makes an awesome game is:
Fun and exciting to watch.
Fun and exciting to play the first time through.
Intense and exciting to play the 500th time through.

This is true for fighting games and most other games for the most part. Brawl was okay to watch when it was very young.
Then it was not so exciting to shortly later, but still fun to play.
And as you kept playing it..it became not so exciting to play.
So now it sucks.

so very true :laugh:

Sk3pTiK

Smash Rookie
entry fee is just order 10$ worth of food and u can play, matches are 2 of 3, 3 stock, no items, maps are smashville, or if u can agree on a map prizes have been changing, like GP said, its only the 2nd week of this, but 1st week, first prize was 30$ gift card for Kurisios and an N64, this week, there werent that many ppl, so it was only a 15$ gift card. but if u like japanese food and sushi, id say its worth lookin in to

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@Kennesaw, the only people who don't get this yet - brawl sucks. i watched m2k in florida press B repeatedly with Metaknight and win teams...stop playing that ****ed game. play something worthwhile like Arcana Heart, Guilty Gear, or even Melee.

@Laijin - it's only curvaceous when you play Maori or Mei-Fang. But, since Mei-Fang is one of the best characters ever, it's cool. we should play whenever we are in the same town.

Laijin

Smash Hero
@Kennesaw, the only people who don't get this yet - brawl sucks. i watched m2k in florida press B repeatedly with Metaknight and win teams...stop playing that ****ed game. play something worthwhile like Arcana Heart, Guilty Gear, or even Melee.

@Laijin - it's only curvaceous when you play Maori or Mei-Fang. But, since Mei-Fang is one of the best characters ever, it's cool. we should play whenever we are in the same town.
Dude. I live in FL.
Majority of FL plays Metaknight.
This how they play:
Up-B->Tornado->Up-B->Tornado->Up-B->Tornado. Repeat.
Yep.
Thats how all matches go.
Including MK dittos.
Brawl is a piece of ****.
People who play brawl seriously and don't play any other fighting game pretty much sucks at melee and every other fighting game. Its pretty much true.

I'm pretty bad at Arcana, but alright.

Top Bottom