• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kamek The Magikoopa Thread

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Baby Bowser is the main antagonist, although Kamek comes as a close second.
Yeah so he isn't very generic or anything like that. But I think maybe he'd be a good add on to the Yoshi Island series for SSB4. But I would love to see us being Yoshi in Subspace and then having to fight Kamek as a boss for Brawl. That'd be coo. :cool:

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Here's why I think Kamek should be in Brawl:

Let's go back to 64. When the first smash came out, it was obvious that Mario was the main series. Mario, Luigi, DK, and Yoshi were all derived from the Mario series, and there were even rumors that Bowser and Peach were supposed to be in as well. Thus, a quarter of 64 was Mario based.

Move on to Melee. Peach and Bowser join the fray, along with the crapeo clone that was Dr. Mario. That's 5. Apparently, this was enough to push DK and Yoshi into their own reps from their own series. There were also many trophies from each's respective series.

Move onto Brawl. Mario at the moment only has 3 reps, which will (hoefully) be boosted to possibly 5 or 6, including Luigi, axing the Doc, and maybe adding Bowser Jr. or Toad. Now more than ever, DK and Yoshi are being considered loners in their respective groups, especially with the fact that it appears that Lucas, Cpt. Falcon, and Wario will remain loners. However, DK and Yoshi have been around since 64, and by now they each deserve at least one more rep. Some may even think two.

DK now has at least Diddy, and may get King K. Rool. Yoshi STILL has no one. Granted, there's only been 5 games in the Yoshi series, only of which two should count, but I believe the YI series is more than popular enough to warrant another rep. And there's only one really good cchoice: Kamek. The main rival of Yoshi, e could get a moveset made easilly, and be a glider with his broom. I believe he should be in Brawl, and he has good enough reasoning to.

Another factor is that Kirby was a loner, but now has three reps, and Earthbound MIGHT have two (pending on Ness's confirmation). F-Zero is more or less a moot poin, because it's probably the most "unpopular" of Nintendo's series.

Long story short, by now I believe that only new series being rep'ed in Brawl should be stand-alones (Warioware, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, etc.), and series that have been around a while (F-Zero excluded) should get another rep. DK did. Why can't Yoshi?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, the Magic Koopa in Super Mario RPG refers to Bowser as his "Son"

I think that the Magic Koopa in Mario RPG IS, in fact, Kamek...

Joecool

Smash Journeyman
Wowzers I thought I was the only knucklehead who wanted to see kamek be playable, I think kamek has a great chance of making the cut, since he's the only real other representation of the yoshi series besides birdo....

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Wowzers I thought I was the only knucklehead who wanted to see kamek be playable, I think kamek has a great chance of making the cut, since he's the only real other representation of the yoshi series besides birdo....
Yeah, I thought I was too :p
And Birdo isn't a Yoshi series character

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Here's why I think Kamek should be in Brawl:

Let's go back to 64. When the first smash came out, it was obvious that Mario was the main series. Mario, Luigi, DK, and Yoshi were all derived from the Mario series, and there were even rumors that Bowser and Peach were supposed to be in as well. Thus, a quarter of 64 was Mario based.

Move on to Melee. Peach and Bowser join the fray, along with the crapeo clone that was Dr. Mario. That's 5. Apparently, this was enough to push DK and Yoshi into their own reps from their own series. There were also many trophies from each's respective series.

Move onto Brawl. Mario at the moment only has 3 reps, which will (hoefully) be boosted to possibly 5 or 6, including Luigi, axing the Doc, and maybe adding Bowser Jr. or Toad. Now more than ever, DK and Yoshi are being considered loners in their respective groups, especially with the fact that it appears that Lucas, Cpt. Falcon, and Wario will remain loners. However, DK and Yoshi have been around since 64, and by now they each deserve at leastone more rep. Some may even think two.

DK now has at least Diddy, and may get King K. Rool. Yoshi STILL has no one. Granted, there's only been 5 games in the Yoshi series, only of which two should count, but I believe the YI series is more than popular enough to warrant another rep. And there's only one really good cchoice: Kamek. The main rival of Yoshi, e could get a moveset made easilly, and be a glider with his broom. I believe he should be in Brawl, and he has good enough reasoning to.

Another factor is that Kirby was a loner, but now has three reps, and Earthbound MIGHT have two (pending on Ness's confirmation). F-Zero is more or less a moot poin, because it's probably the most "unpopular" of Nintendo's series.

Long story short, by now I believe that only new series being rep'ed in Brawl should be stand-alones (Warioware, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, etc.), and series that have been around a while (F-Zero excluded) should get another rep. DK did. Why can't Yoshi?
If anything, Mario came from the DK series, since his first game was Donkey Kong. Anyway, DK and Yoshi have had their own icon since the original Smash Bros., meaning they've technically always been considered as part of a separate series. They didn't need Melee to be pushed into their own series as you say.

You say Toad could be the 6th rep, which is not going to happen since he's been confirmed as part of Peach's moveset again. Where does Lucas come into this anyway? The Mother series could easily have a second rep that isn't Ness.

Kirby got three new characters for a reason. Kirby and Donkey Kong as their own franchises are much more important than Yoshi. You also can't say F-Zero is the least popular, but the fact that their characters only recently developed personalities makes it harder to pick a character from there.

Well it makes sense for new series to get only one rep, but that doesn't mean that older franchises won't stand alone, like F-Zero and Yoshi. Just because Yoshi could use another spot, doesn't mean a character like Kamek will out prioritize other potential candidates. The only argument for Kamek I guess would be that he is a recurring boss, but otherwise I can't see him as a character.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
As a Yoshi fan, I would surely love to see his series getting a new rep, especially if it's Kamek. But I can't say I expect him to actually make it in, no matter how much I'd like that.

Series like F-Zero surely have a much better chance to get another rep due to their popularity and not branching off of another franchise. I can easily see Black Shadow getting in there, even if he is a Batman rip-off of some sort, as opposed to Kamek. I don't know, I'll just not worry about it and wait and see whoever eventually makes the cut.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pretty cool! It's rather pixelly, but It'll suffice. Mind finding/making a tag-like banner, IE like the SWS banner or the MotDH banner?
I'll look for one :p
this thread needs a new first post. everybody cool if i make 1.

we can add the club to the first page too.
Cool! So we gonna have a membership system? Founder, the Co-founders, etc.?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yeah. it should be really good.

i am having troubles with gimp on my femputer. i have attempted to make a usr bar but gimp keeps crashing before i can touch up the border with the render cause it is pre maid from a site. gimp is so buggy on my imac.

that's what a got so far. you have 2 put on the render and put a border with a 1 pixel brush where the render covers the border.

EDIT - i will get started on the new thread

P.E

Smash Apprentice
Originally who was supposed to be in Mario Kart 64 but was replaced by Wario.
I´d like to see him in Brawl but unfortunately I think the chances for Bowser Jr. are higher.

Top Bottom