• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kamek The Magikoopa Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kamek as an AT for Brawl. I'm all for it!!!

She should use this attack in the pitcure too. Or the broom one and sprinkle that wierd $hit on the 3 other brawlers and have some crazy things happen to em.
Kamek is NOT a girl...

...Kamek and Baby Bowser are the only characters that good be from the Yoshi series though...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think Kamek would be a pretty cool character. But his chances aren't great, seeing as he's never really been distinguished from a standard magikoopa. It would be nice to have him as a Yoshi franchise villain though.
What are you talking about? He wears an apron in M&L, and how many
Magikoopas ride brooms??
Kamek for Brawl!! (not sarcastic)

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Kamek has appeared in a buttload of games. I wouldn't be suprised if Kamek got the Paper Mario/Yoshi icon. Although, he was in Galaxy. Yoshi's series deserves anther rep, but I'll be ****ed if it gets another. Kamek is the most logical choice though, Baby Bowser really has no moveset and would be a Bowser clone.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Kamek is the only other Yoshi rep I could think of, and I've been supporting him for a while.
I'll submit a possible moveset later, to this thread.
Kamek 4 Brawl!

AmericanGTS

Smash Apprentice
I think Kamek would be a pretty cool character. But his chances aren't great, seeing as he's never really been distinguished from a standard magikoopa. It would be nice to have him as a Yoshi franchise villain though.
How is Yoshi different from the standard Yoshi though?

Edit: oh yeah by the way, most people don't consider Tetris Attack. Kamek was the 2nd to last boss.

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Kamek as an AT for Brawl. I'm all for it!!!

She should use this attack in the pitcure too. Or the broom one and sprinkle that wierd $hit on the 3 other brawlers and have some crazy things happen to em.
First off **** you, I won't have gone the trouble of finding a picture for him and typing FOR BRAWL!. because I wanted him in as an AT. I also think you misunderstood Kamella and Kammy are crappy rip-offs of Kamek, I don't support them for brawl. I do support Kamek as a PC for brawl. Heres a list of games hes been in-
1.SMW2-Yoshi's Island(main villian)
2.Tetris attack
3.Yoshi Touch & Go
4.Mario & Luigi-Partners in Time
5.Super Princess Peach
6.Yoshi's Island DS
7.Mario Galaxy(Beggining)
8.Mario Kart Series
9.Mario Party Series
By the way I have bad news for Kamek fans, look at this-http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRPoIXgYxY4&feature=related
Heres a snapshot of the Magikoopa AT-

Smashbros2000

Banned via Administration
First off **** you, I won't have gone the trouble of finding a picture for him and typing FOR BRAWL!. because I wanted him in as an AT. I also think you misunderstood Kamella and Kammy are crappy rip-offs of Kamek, I don't support them for brawl. I do support Kamek as a PC for brawl. Heres a list of games hes been in-
2.Tetris attack
3.Yoshi Touch & Go
5.Super Princess Peach
6.Yoshi's Island DS
8.Mario Kart Series
9.Mario Party Series
By the way I have bad news for Kamek fans, look at this-http://youtube.com/watch?v=DRPoIXgYxY4&feature=related
Hmm. i see

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
2.Tetris attack
3.Yoshi Touch & Go
5.Super Princess Peach
6.Yoshi's Island DS
8.Mario Kart Series
9.Mario Party Series
LOL!! That's Munchlax!!1:02 u can see the pokeball flash :p Kamek is still up there!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
2.Tetris attack
3.Yoshi Touch & Go
5.Super Princess Peach
6.Yoshi's Island DS
8.Mario Kart Series
9.Mario Party Series
sorry, double post...
Kamek for brawl!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Kamek is NOT a girl...

Well my bad. All I know is I'm talking about the one in the castles in Super Mario World.

Kamek wasn't in Galaxy. That was Kamella. And Kammy was in Paper Mario.
It's pretty **** easy to confuse them, I can't tell the difference. Whats the difference between Kamek, Kammy, and Kamella besides that there in different games?
Maybe someone should post 3 pics of em for I can see what the difference is. I mean Ive been Mario games my whole life and I thought all of them were Kamek and that it was a girl.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Kamek is NOT a girl...

Well my bad. All I know is I'm talking about the one in the castles in Super Mario World.

It's pretty **** easy to confuse them, I can't tell the difference. Whats the difference between Kamek, Kammy, and Kamella besides that there in different games?
Maybe someone should post 3 pics of em for I can see what the difference is. I mean Ive been Mario games my whole life and I thought all of them were Kamek and that it was a girl.
Kamek is the one with no makeup on, and wears Blue. The others might have hair

DemonicDragon

Smash Apprentice
Oh, my bad Kamek for brawl!
Moveset-
B=Fireball(Chargeable)-Kamek fires a bal of flame that explodes on contact, size of fireball and explosion size depend on how much its charged.
B->-Ice Wall=Kamek creates a magic shield of ice that repels attack from the front. The shield follows him and protects his front as he moves around, it can be detroyed by many weak attacks or one very strong attack.
Down B=Teledrain-Kamek teleports behind a select foe and drains a small amount of life
^B=Fire boost=Kamek puts his wand up and fades away in blaze of flames and reappears in flames(same thing as zeldas or mewtwos moveset expect the flames which hurt anyone near him teleporting or reappearing)
Final Smash=Summon Koopa Legion-Kamek's wand glows bright red and a huge army of various mario monsters will fade into the stage and attack your foes. While this is happening kamek will mount his broomstick and be able to throw fully charged fireballs.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
First off **** you, I won't have gone the trouble of finding a picture for him and typing FOR BRAWL!. because I wanted him in as an AT. I also think you misunderstood Kamella and Kammy are crappy rip-offs of Kamek, I don't support them for brawl.

Haha wow you telling me to f*** off because I posted my opinion. I mean cmon Kamek would make a way better AT then a PC. Kamek just isnt PC material right now. Ya he would have a unique move set and ya he would add something different to the roster but $hit there's no way that Kamek can be a PC when there is so many other characters that may deserve a spot more than he does. I mean I wouldn't be mad if he was in Brawl but I'm pretty sure it aint happening right now. Atleast for Brawl. So since I'm sure of this I still want Kamek in the game as an AT. Just for he can be in the game one way or another, so calm the f**k down with that bull$hit you saying and saying you went through all that trouble to make this thread. Part of the thing of having a thread is your going to see people post their opinions about your topic whether they agree or disagree wit what your saying. So I'm still gonna say I'm all for Kamek,Kammy,Kamella or whatever you wanna call it as an AT snd you can't convince me otherwise.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Well, who would you prefer instead of him??
And we need more yoshi reps(only 1!!),
And Kamek, Kammy and Kamella are all different people.
Yeah I know that now that was already explained to me a couple times now haha. :laugh:But I don't understand why they would make 2 Kamek rip-offs when they can just have Kamek in all the games.

Smashbros2000

Banned via Administration
2.Tetris attack
3.Yoshi Touch & Go
5.Super Princess Peach
6.Yoshi's Island DS
8.Mario Kart Series
9.Mario Party Series
Whoa. Kamek appears in lots of Mario games.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I finally found my kamek moveset, so yeah. here's my take on it:

Kamek uses his wand for most of his A attacks. Considering that it fires bolts of energy, he may be the only character to have some ranged A attacks.

B Moves:

B, Shape Bolt: Kamek charges his wand for a second, then fires a bolt of rainbow energy. It moves straight ahead fairly slowly, and knocks the opponent into a random direction. It does pretty good damage.

>B, Block Conjure: Kamek waves his wand, and a large yellow block pops into existence in the air a little bit in front of him, then it drops down quickly, doing heavy damage to anyone it hits. It crumbles away when it makes contact with the ground.

^B, Broomstick: Kamek pulls out his broom and flies slowly for about five seconds. You can control his flight direction with the control stick. You can still be attacked while you're on the broom.

Down B, Enlargement Spell: Kamek waves his wand and cackles, then he grows about to the size of Mario's taunt, with increased strength to match that of a Mushroom. He stays like that for about ten seconds, then he can't use the attack again for another thirty seconds. If you try, you get his B instead. Good to use empowering you for the KO.

A Moves:

A: A quick whack of the wand. Lightning shocks the opponent, doing light damage.
Forward A: Kamek swings his wand forward, doing minimal damage but decent knockback if he hits. If not, a small ball of green magic shoots forward, travelling until it hits someone. If it hits, it blows up, shocking them and doing decent damage.
Down A: Kamek makes puffs of air rise from all around him doing light damage and knocking the opponents up, like one of Clefairy's Pokeball attacks in SSBM.
Up A: Kamek lifts a palm and a puff of fire shoots up, doing light damage if it hits.
FSmash: A powerful wand jab, sending out a large ball of green energy. Essentailly a more powerful Forward A.
DSmash: A cascade of lightning appears around Kamek, shocking foes and doing some good damage, but terrible knockback.
USmash: Kamek makes a bolt of lightning shoot out of his wand, going up. Like a weaker, reversed version of Pikachu's Thunder.
Dash Attack: One of his only non-magic attacks. A weak whack of his wand.

Nair: Somewhat like Mewtwo's. White lightning shoots all around his body.
Fair: Kamek holds out a palm, zapping foes with rainbow-coloured energy.
Bair: A backwards kick. Terrible range. Not very strong.
Uair: Kamek claps over his head, and a small explosion shoots from between his hands.
Dair: Kamek shoots four of the shapes from his B downwards. Less powerful, but potentially multiple hits.

Throws:

A: The opponent is zapped by eletrical power.
Forward: Kamek shoots the opponent forward with a fireball.
Back: An overhead toss.
Up: He shoots the opponent up, then fires a Shape Bolt at them.
Down: Like Ness's. Throws the opponent down and zaps them for a few seconds.

Taunt: Kamek adjusts his glasses and cackles.

My concept of Kamek is as a bad jumper and a slow runner. However, his magic attacks are fairly powerful and unpredictable. He's also very good at range, due to having numerous ranged attacks. A Kamek player should try to avoid his opponent, spamming projectiles at him, then use his Down B to become stronger and go in for the KO. Speedy enemies would be a terrible matchup, as they can rush in and take him out, while slow enemies could be kept at bay almost indefinitely with the projectiles. As a magic-user, Kamek would be tricky to use, but lethal if the right combination of magic and projectiles were used.

Yes? No? Eh.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Even though that the Mario franchise has wayyyyyy way too much representation as it is, for characters like Kamek, I wouldn't mind having him as a playable. However, this is nothing short of a pipe dream.....

Oh well, there's always him being an A. Trophy.

Top Bottom