• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm Sure Many People Myself Including Would Love to See Cloud and then Sephiroth Could be a cloud clone but it just dont make any sense Geno tho was in a nintendo game and Nintendo and Square have been pretty cool lately and I've also kinda been expecting to see sonic but other then being the faster character and have a blue ball dash attack i have no idea what his moves would be

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Geno does have a good chance for whoever said don't get our hopes up.

A) He has a huge fanbase.
B) Nintendo will take this into consideration when they're trying to please the fans by putting in popular characters in Brawl.
C) It'd be very easy to make a moveset for him.

btw, he's 3rd party. It says so on the first page.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I think Geno deserves to be in the game more than anybody, Im just saying that he it is very unlikely at being in Brawl. So hoping he is in there will just make you that more dissappointed if he isn't in there. However, I would love to see him. He is definately a good choice to put in and he has really cool moves but he still only has like a 50/50 shot at being in.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Care to let us in on what kind of scientific study of the situation yields the completely opposite results of "unlikely" and "50/50," or care to admit that you actually have no idea how likely he is for getting in the game?

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I'd say he has a fair chance of getting into the game. But I'm not going to put numbers into that. I wouldn't want him to take up a slot for another 3rd party character, though, there's too many 3rd party characters I'd rather see than Geno. Not to take away from him, cuz he's cool, a great character for Brawl in my opinion. But not as a 3rd party character.

D_B_S

Smash Lord
I feel its only right they put Geno in there......they put soild snake in SSBB....and when the last time you seen him on a major nintendo game....

If anything Geno should be a main and Snake should be downloadable

If people didnt know Geno after SMRPG

why in the hell would they put him in that luigi and Mario game.......

..but what eva SSBB will not be doing anything new ..If it aint no old school new characters..

Like someone said Captain Falcon in there.......I didnt even know him but I knew the game lol

oh well I hope It changes

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Geno definitely should be in the game. Snake's only in because MGS's creator begged to put him in and he's cool with Smash's creator (I forget their names, but you know who I'm talking about). Nintendo probably put Geno into that Luigi and Mario game because they thought he was a good character, too. I wouldn't be surprised if Geno was in the game, I just want a couple other third-party characters more. That's just personal preference, though. I can see Geno getting into Brawl, I think he'll make it.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Here's a little tribute to Geno I saw on YTMND, it first starts with him fighting Bowyer and meeting up with Mario and Mallow. There is a spoiler near the end though, so don't say I didn't warn you. It also shows how he fights and some of his specials for those who don't know.

Geno Tribute

and I would be doing this if Geno got in, though I wouldn't be sad if he didn't.

It's Geno Time

Obviously, the songs going are his theme song. It's one of the best songs if SMRPG if not the best. The song goes on in the Forest Maze, which would be a good stage if Geno got in Brawl.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Mon Dieux! those tracks have been butchered. They even took out the signature trill.

You know every time this happens, an angel commits suicide by cutting off its wings!

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
Ever Since Snake got in people have been talking about third-party characters but it was Hideo Kojima idea to have snake in and if he had his way he would of been in Melee frankly whether nintendo's even trying to get any other third party characters is still a mystery

killa keil

Smash Cadet
yea true geno isn't confirmed yet, still one of my favorite nintendo characters of all time. so yea i got my hopes up 2. Geno ftw

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Kojima begged to put Snake in and he and the Smash Bros. creator are pretty close (so I've heard). But it was confirmed on the official Smash Brothers website blog (only in Japanese) that 1 to 2 more third party characters will be included. You can read them on this site, one of our smash brethren has generously translated it for us. Where have you been?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
That's exactly my point only one or two more 3rd party charcters can get in Brawl. Im willing to bet money Sonic is getting in as one of those 3rd party characters mainly because everyone wanted him in melee and everyone wants and expects him in brawl (these are theories). Geno could fill in as the other 3rd party character but it wouldn't be fair to Mallow fans. If they can get Geno and Mallow in without a 3rd party classification then I'll admit he has a high chance of getting in. I think he is on the list of possible new characters in Brawl from the Japanese website. Again these are just what I think so don't tell me to give proof if they are just my opinions.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
That's ok, I'm not that pressed. But my post was refering to what Bahamut-Prime said. I'm sure Sonic will be one of them, too. And there's a couple other characters who I'd rather see than Geno get in (Mega Man X or Zero, Simon Belmont, Ryu H. from Ninja Gaiden), but I also want Geno in too. So I'm hoping he ends up being a first-party character, so that one of those others still might be able to get in.

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
Uncle Kenny said:
Geno could fill in as the other 3rd party character but it wouldn't be fair to Mallow fans.
Mallow fans? Do they actually exist?

You'd be hardpressed to find somebody who thinks Mallow>Geno, IMO.

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
Uncle Kenny said:
Mallow fans do exist
Where? Most of the people in the Mallow Support Thread support Mallow after Geno. Okay, their might be like 3 or 4 out of the 41,509 members on smashboards who are all for Mallow, including over Geno. That's quite a small percentage, frankly :\

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Oh ya, there's Mallow fans out there. Did you not see the Mallow thread? I saw it, didn't actually read any cuz I don't care for Mallow and didn't want to burst their bubble so I didn't bother. For a storm prince, he's pretty prissy. But regardless of who makes it in, it won't be fair to whatever fans whose character didn't make it in, they all can't be in Brawl. Or could they...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Yeah I like Geno more but someone will complain if they don't see Mallow. I would get a sense of emptiness myself despite the fact that I thenk Geno is miles better than Mallow...

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
TDub301 said:
Oh ya, there's Mallow fans out there. Did you not see the Mallow thread? I saw it, didn't actually read any cuz I don't care for Mallow and didn't want to burst their bubble so I didn't bother. For a storm prince, he's pretty prissy. But regardless of who makes it in, it won't be fair to whatever fans whose character didn't make it in, they all can't be in Brawl. Or could they...
Did you not read what I just said? I specifically stated that most people in the Mallow thread support Mallow after Geno.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I would prefer to see them both instead of just one. The emptiness would weigh on me. Its like a Mario Bros. game with just Mario and no Luigi.... I don't know maybe Im the only one that thinks this way. Geno is a must for Brawl. Mallow... meh, but they will probabbly add him as well if they added Geno.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
Take it easy big guy, we were posting at the same time and your post wasn't there when I was typing my response. I see it now. I don't have the fastest computer. (responding to FoulQ)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Uncle Kenny said:
Yeah I like Geno more but someone will complain if they don't see Mallow.
Nintendo has to try to please the majority, not the 3 people who think that Mallow is cooler than Geno. Mallow is a baby, just look at these, they are exactly how he acted in the game.

Give it a second for the song to start That's how he acted when he found out he wasn't a tadpole, he's such an idiot.

This is what happens when he loses his silly coin

As you can see, Geno>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mallow

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yes, also the hardest boss of all time. (He wasn't the best, Bowser was)

His chances are at 0% right now though, he's 3rd party and played a tiny role in the game. The main reason he was difficult was because of those crystals that were with him.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Super Mario 64, but it was so revolutionary at the time so I guess that helped.

Anyway, let's get back on-topic...

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
What are we talking about again? Oh yeah Geno. Yeah he is cool. A doll with beams and powers that would make Goku cry along with his bad*** personality. If I remember correctly, then I think he was immuned to status ailments as well. Man he was cool. Geno ftw. Nuff said.

FoulQ

Smash Apprentice
TDub301 said:
Take it easy big guy, we were posting at the same time and your post wasn't there when I was typing my response. I see it now. I don't have the fastest computer. (responding to FoulQ)
Haha sorry...I have 56k too. My bad, please forgive me. :)

Uncle Meat said:
Uncle Kenny? My, this is a strange experience.
Hahaha....that made me laugh.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
None, because none of them were really unique. All we need is Geno.

I was thinking maybe they could have that background during the fight against Culex, with Culex in the background having his crystals shooting at you with their respective element.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Nice idea. That stage would resemble an awfully lot like FD or Battlefield but with a creature in the back like Kraid. I was reading this thread from start to finish and it seems Square still owns Geno and Mallow. How much does it cost to get the rights to a character anyway?

Bahamut-Prime

Smash Cadet
K with all the people in the world of course there's mallow fans hell there's fan of some of the bosses in that game that only make a single appearance
Anyways This news on this website thats only in japanese is interesting from the fanbase and everything I've heard though it seems highly likely that Sonic will be in Brawl and though I hate to say it Sonic does fill the needs of one or two more thirdparty characters and I think Megaman probably the next more likely I dont think there's a big chance Geno or Mallow's getting into the next game

Top Bottom