• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
*returns back to headquarters*

Those....those Anti-Geno pricks! They were all over me! Smothering me with there petty insults that Geno will never be an icon! Urgh! That is the last time I go to that stupid thread ever again!! I swear....if I ever see those **** dumb losers in public, I'll go to jail for manslaughter.

Oh....ok, Geno's stages. I guess I would choose either Forest Maze or Star Hill. Not....so much Star Hill because I just think it would be just a tad similar to Kirby's Fountain of Dreams stage.
You don't have to be anti-geno to realize how delusional someone has to be to think he can ever be as iconic as Mario, or Sonic.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The big question is whether or not each character will get their own stage. Sakurai said there would be a ton of stages this time around but does that mean everyone will get one? Suppose Geno doesn't get one that's dedicated to him; would you guys be alright with a Paper Mario stage or a stage from one of the Mario and Luigi RPG games?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
The big question is whether or not each character will get their own stage. Sakurai said there would be a ton of stages this time around but does that mean everyone will get one? Suppose Geno doesn't get one that's dedicated to him; would you guys be alright with a Paper Mario stage or a stage from one of the Mario and Luigi RPG games?
As long as Geno is a PC I wouldn't care.

Love how all the local haters come back in here thinking its smug to say MOOGLEZ or BLACK MAGEZS 4 BRAWLS LOLLMAOROLF, or Megaman is top priority!

Heh News flash! Geno is better then all of them just because he only has appeared in Mario games.

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
As long as Geno is a PC I wouldn't care.

Love how all the local haters come back in here thinking its smug to say MOOGLEZ or BLACK MAGEZS 4 BRAWLS LOLLMAOROLF, or Megaman is top priority!

Heh News flash! Geno is better then all of them just because he only has appeared in Mario games.
I totally agree with you, though I heard somewhere that geno & Moogle can both get in but that is unlikely for a Third Party Developer to get 2 reps.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No updates for a week... *swan dives off the nearest cliff* I guess Sakurai's taking the week off to celebrate New Years. I'm also starting to get the feeling that Brawl's going to have like 100 different Assist Trophies. Still, Geno's safe because he's third party but if I were a fan of someone like Ashley or Midna, I'd start preparing myself now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I got some bad news from the rumor front,

Apparently, some of the "prophets" have been getting their predictions to come true...such as the Dragoon (Which the person said was 3 separate items that combine into 1)

If we are to listen to them, that means there are only going to be 35 characters, WITH Ness returning...and Falco...

The newcomers are:

1) Lucario (Replacing Mewtwo)
2) Wolf
3) Captain Olimer
4) "Toon" Link

THat doesn't look good for a lot of characters with these prophets having what they say is in the game, ending up in the game...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I think those prophets just wake up early so they are like the first ones to read the new update, then edit what they say

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, the sad thing is that, yeah, he probably never will be an "icon" of video gaming. Meaning, he isn't recognizable by the general gaming public (and in some scenarios, the public in general) and most likely won't ever be.

Of course, an appearance in Brawl would definately help his case, but as of right now, he's not even close to being a gaming icon. You heard it straight from the long-time Geno fan's mouth.

Otherwise, he'll most likely go back to being buried under the pile of trash that is Generic Square (in more than one way *BAH-ZING!*) Sword Characters # 5,322 - # 19,019,845.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I'm at least hoping he can accompany Mario in ONE GAME if he get's a Brawl debut.

No he will never have his own series, I'm just hoping for kind of a Mario partner thing.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well, I got some bad news from the rumor front,

Apparently, some of the "prophets" have been getting their predictions to come true...such as the Dragoon (Which the person said was 3 separate items that combine into 1)

If we are to listen to them, that means there are only going to be 35 characters, WITH Ness returning...and Falco...

The newcomers are:

1) Lucario (Replacing Mewtwo)
2) Wolf
3) Captain Olimer
4) "Toon" Link

THat doesn't look good for a lot of characters with these prophets having what they say is in the game, ending up in the game...
Those newcomers aren't at all what I expected... real happy about Olimar, and Wolf, don't really care much for WW Link replacing Young Link, but Lucario replacing Mewtwo?
No K. Rool, Geno, or Megaman?

Oh come on... hopefully they are wrong... :urg:

ON TOPIC
So how do we think Geno's SSE story should go?

antimatter

Smash Lord
i like my idea with geno kidnapped by the ancient minister. maybe the minister even broke the star road and took the seven stars.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Geno will probably be possessed by the "shadow bugs", and you have to fight him to free him so he can join you, and also unlock him as playable.

antimatter

Smash Lord
there wasn't an ancient minister that time. just giving random thoughts, some used before, some not.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Geno should be a playable villain - pissed off at everyone for being screwed over so many years.

Sinn

Smash Lord
So I've got an epic stomach ache right now. Seriously, it's bad.

Sooooo...still no Geno. Fear not though, he's gotta be just around the corner. If only my faith in Lip was this high...

And on the bright side, even though we're still getting orange updates, at least they're informative orange updates for a change. Yahoo~

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Who tires of discussing the same thing over and over? Forced to discuss thos same things?

If Geno is in I want him to have eye beams!
yes, i'm utterly tired of discussing the same things, lol.
eye beams would be cool.

here's a new idea:
i think if geno is in he should be unbelievably quick and strong (he'd still be a lightweight though) but to balance him they can apply diddy's over-charging peanut popgun to ALL of geno's moves. so say there's a noob spamming geno whirl, and once a certain percentage of usage is breached it malfunctions. there's only so much a star can do with a wooden body. it has to give once in a while. i don't think this would apply to his up+b move though.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
hmmm... not every move..just his specials, how about?
yeah that's what i meant. like geno whirl would fizzle out after spamming, geno beam would be nerfed/thinner, geno flash would fail.... etc.
i imagine that malfunctioning smash attacks would draw me away from playing as geno.
also, i had the idea of the 2 part forward smash, similar to links, only the 2nd part is geno's signature rocket punch. eh? eh?

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
The update drought depresses me...

Anyway, I think it might be a good idea for Sakurai to announce Geno as an AT in January, because time runs out.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You don't have to be anti-geno to realize how delusional someone has to be to think he can ever be as iconic as Mario, or Sonic.
My Geno comrades are suppose to support my ideas as farfetched as they may be, not belittle them like you and many many anti-Geno fans are doing. Hmph!

Geno 4 Brawl

antimatter

Smash Lord
that's different. that was an rpg like where geno first appeared, this is a fighting game that is taking character requests and recieved at least 4 requests for geno.

Dokuro

Smash Ace
My Geno comrades are suppose to support my ideas as farfetched as they may be, not belittle them like you and many many anti-Geno fans are doing. Hmph!
So, all Geno fans must blindly agree with what you say? And for the record, people belittle your ideas because the ideas are ********, not because they are anti-Geno.

domriver

Smash Lord
Geno - Playable Character
Mallow - Assist Trophy
Exor - Stage
Star Hill/ Forest Maze - Stage

There you have it. I think that is reasonable enough. Though I think Geno already has high chances due to his high rank on Sakurai's poll. 2nd place! :D

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
So, all Geno fans must blindly agree with what you say? And for the record, people belittle your ideas because the ideas are ********, not because they are anti-Geno.
Baka! Stay outta this Dokuro! Alright that's it, you've asked for it! I put up with your harassment game long enough.

Anyways, I'm calling it. Seeing how New Years is an epic day in itself, I say Geno gets confirmed that day. I put $ on it! *slams down a benjamin franklin* Anyone want in on this?

Top Bottom