• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official falcon's metagame development discussion(s)

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Captain falcon can DACUS? I thought you just run and use up-smash for him. And what do you guys do when faced with a metaknight? This has stuff to do with falcons metagame because metaknight is like 30% of the metagame and its good to discuss countering him.
If I recall correctly, every character can DACUS, it's just more usefull for some than for others.

and for meta knight, it's a very hard matchup >.< almost all of your moves can be punished by him easily, and it's hard to find an oppening to attack.

I'm not too familiar with this matchup, so I hope someone else can provide more indepth info.

or you could wait till meta knight is discussed in the matchup discussion thread:)

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
well the above of course.
this is all the tips i got
This obviously is one of his worst match ups. The only thing that falcon has against him is being manly. Speed, priority, range, everything goes to him. I'd say use falcon kicks, falcon dives, utilt, and jabs. His priority and speed are rediculous. His approaches are too good.You don't dont have many options so you would have to adapt to the way your opponet plays and punish. Oh yeah dont get repetitive either. Playing defense is the only way you will beat him, most mks would approach you anyways, the best time to punish is when mk uses the tornado. when he uses his side B try to run near to edge because it chases you. Use all your mindgames. NO edgehogging and gimping, like a dummy. Space yourself. Dont ever try to fight him in the air, you know why. To stop the shuttle loop try to falcon dive it. If you ever get a chance to grab then grab release to a knee or something.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Saw this on AiB-
(from BlueBirdE
I was happening to be playing on pokemon stadium, i was on the ledge wen i side bed back on stage i hit my opponent but to my suprise i hit with sweet knee out of nowhere, somehow the side b got canceled, this was wen the stage is normal too, idk if this is old but i thought it ws interest and i did it again but instead of knee i pressed up b and went to falcon dive just after hittin the opponent shield with side b, possible new find?
Translation:
You were able to do cancel the lag on a Raptor Boost used in the air, and go directly into a Knee

dunno how or if its true, says it not a troll post
It would mean that there is a frame in which it checks if you're trying to do an aerial move before automatically going into the bounce/freefall mode. If it can be buffered, this is an amazing find (note that it would probably work if it hits your opponent, not just their shield). If this actually works something similar might work with Falcon Dive.

Top Bottom