• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Ohhh...

I never played Mother 3! :(

I wish I had the chance to meet this Claus fellow in game.

T-major

Smash Champion
Hold on hold on hold on hold on...

Now, I want Claus in over Ness just like any other Claus supporter, but can someone tell me why Ness CAN'T return with a new moveset? It may not be likely, but it sure as hell isn't impossible.
first off, why would Ness NEED a new moveset? Lucas could have been given original moves to begin with, and Ness could have kept his old moves. but no, they chose to give Lucas Ness' moveset. why? because they don't plan on putting Ness in Brawl, but didn't want his moveset to go to waste.

NO MAOR NESS STARTING NAOW!!!!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ness doesn't have enough moves of his own to sustain a full new moveset, period, end of discussion.
That's bad reasoning. Anytime you make vastly presumptuous statements like that, Sakurai always sticks it to you. He could easily make a different moveset.

But, that isn't the point because based upon Thursday's update, Ness has been stated as being out of the game. That is a lot better reason as to why he won't be in than "he doesn't have enough moves of his own"...

vesperview

Smash Hero
That's bad reasoning. Anytime you make vastly presumptuous statements like that, Sakurai always sticks it to you. He could easily make a different moveset.
Is not bad reasoning, he has no left PSI moves of his own but Rockin and Flash and Lucas has all of his moves, Sakurai is not stupid enough to take the time to create a full moveset for him, he won't return.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace

But, that isn't the point because based upon Thursday's update, Ness has been stated as being out of the game. That is a lot better reason as to why he won't be in than "he doesn't have enough moves of his own"...
NO
MOAR
NESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And http://chaos.cannisgroup.net/Clausvictory.mp3 this is what his victory tune would be if it were in Brawl :p

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Is not bad reasoning, he has no left PSI moves of his own but Rockin and Flash and Lucas has all of his moves, he won't return.
I don't doubt he won't return, but it is bad reasoning.

Sakurai could make him solely a melee character. He could use his bat, yoyo and other similar objects instead of the psi attacks. Or, he could make up completely new attacks. Don't say something couldn't be done as far as a moveset is concerned. You will always lose.

But why argue using point? Sakurai said he used to be in the game. That is good enough. Why try to say it by moveset reasoning??

Oh, and personally, I'd prefer Mike Jones over Ness anyway...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Ness
B - PK Flash
>B - PK Rockin
^B - Teleport
Down B - PSI Counter

there, Ness has moveset, all of pure Ness.
He indeed has moveset potential, but he is not coming back, why, becouse they could had easily given this moveset right here to Lucas (just change his Up B for what ever PK move (Ground, Freeze, Starstorm)) and give the old one to Ness, the one that he used before, but no, they gave those to Lucas, why?, becouse Sakurai is not planning to add Ness to Brawl, atleast not as a PC.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I don't doubt he won't return, but it is bad reasoning.

Sakurai could make him solely a melee character. He could use his bat, yoyo and other similar objects instead of the psi attacks. Or, he could make up completely new attacks. Don't say something couldn't be done as far as a moveset is concerned. You will always lose.
No, bad reasoning is to think a Mother character is not gonna have PSI in his attacks and that Sakurai is just gonna focus on the bat and yoyo, when that is his specialty.

He is not important to have a new moveset too.

Whatever, I'm sick of arguing this in every thread the Ness word comes up.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
(as an attempt to turn conversation away from ness)
Does anyone know about any plans to send mother 3 to america? I know of the fan translation project, but does that completely shoot down any chance of it officially coming to america?

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Ness
B - PK Flash
>B - PK Rockin
^B - Teleport
Down B - PSI Counter

there, Ness has moveset, all or pure Ness.
He indeed has moveset potential, but he is not coming back, why, becouse they could have easily have given this moveset right here to Lucas (just change his Up B for what ever PK move (Ground, Freeze, Starstorm) and give the old one to Ness, the one that he used before, but no, they gave those to Lucas, why?, becouse Sakurai is not planning to add Ness to Brawl, atleast not as a PC.
Wow, that leaves a lot of options for his final smash, amirite?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
No, bad reasoning is to think a Mother character is not gonna have PSI in his attacks and that Sakurai is just gonna focus on the bat and yoyo, when that is his specialty.
>_>

Those were borrowed moves already. And that wasn't even reasoning, that was just an example of what they could do. Just drop it. I don't even disagree with you. I just said your path to get there was poor...or at least not as simple as another.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Does anyone know about any plans to send mother 3 to america? I know of the fan translation project, but does that completely shoot down any chance of it officially coming to america?
NOA, stated in an interview they have no current plans of bringing the game to America, I can't remember the site though.

>_>

Those were borrowed moves already. And that wasn't even reasoning, that was just an example of what they could do. Just drop it. I don't even disagree with you. I just said your path to get there was poor...or at least not as simple as another.
Whatever keep it in the Ness thread.

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
It will never happen, unless TONS of people buy MOTHER2/EarthBound on the Virtual Console when it comes out. Nintendo is planning to use that as a sort of test to determine if it's worth their money to translate and localize it.

NOW NESS DISCUSSION END PLEASE. HE IS NOT IN BRAWL, THE DOJO SAID SO ITSELF, NO AMOUNT OF NESS DISCUSSION WILL BRING HIM BACK, SO NO MOAR NESS!

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
NOA, stated in an interview they have no current plans of bringing the game to America, I can't remember the site though.
wow, talk about a kick in the balls NOA. I suppose the translation will have to suffice. i really hope they don't take too many liberties with the translation though. It could really kill mother 3's incredible story.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
This kind of makes me want to continue just to spite you.

You don't take criticism well, it seems.

...has better reasoning skills than vesperview.
Wow you are really beating a dead horse man. Just let it go. There are more productive things to discuss than people's public insecurities. I would really prefer a discussion without all of the emotion tied to it.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
just out of curiousity, who else here would be interested in a third mother 3 rep (lucas, claus, and another) and who would choose for the third rep?

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
do I really have to go into the psychology of debate? I'm a Psych major by the way i'm not pulling my word choice out of my a ss.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
and on that note I will devert my focus away from personal matters and try to stay on topic. So, third rep for Mother3 anyone? yes, no. if yes, who?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
so yea....to change the frikin Ness subject....

Claus.......yea

do you think they'll call him Masked Man or Claus if he is a PC(or lamentably if not also PC)/Boss....

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
so yea....to change the frikin Ness subject....

Claus.......yea

do you think they'll call him Masked Man or Claus if he is a PC(or lamentably if not also PC)/Boss....
wow, for some reason I never thought about a mother3 boss. wow, how intense would pokey be as a boss in brawl?

Colenstien

Smash Ace
and on that note I will devert my focus away from personal matters and try to stay on topic. So, third rep for Mother3 anyone? yes, no. if yes, who?
I will answer you with Duster (I love that guy, though might have been deconfirmed the rope snake).

But let's get back on topic with Claus.

Wouldn't an awsome story about him going after Pokey for revenge for brain washing him be awsome in Subspace?

Top Bottom