• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Instead of Starstorm being a recovery (how did you come to that, anyway), I was thinking of him using a jetpack instead. Side B should be regular PK Love and Down B should be PK Thunder.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They could give starstorm that use if they wanted to... the PSI attacks in Smash are never faithful to the game, you just don't want Claus to have PK Starstorm and PK Ground and I know why.
Yes, but at least they can give an excuse for Lucas like they did with Ness and Paula. Claus wouldn't make much sense.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's the same thing, Claus can use PSI.
I know he can learn PSI, however, there's no opportunity in the game where he could've learn the technique. Although Sakurai could've just said, "Screw the canon, I've got money."

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
Wow, the was one hell of a opening post for the Masked Man (Claus) thread.

I wonder if Lucas and Claus will have the same victory tune or will Claus have a different version of Lucas's victory tune like how Metaknight has a alternative version of Kirby's victory tune.

T-major

Smash Champion
Wow, the was one hell of a opening post for the Masked Man (Claus) thread.

I wonder if Lucas and Claus will have the same victory tune or will Claus have a different version of Lucas's victory tune like how Metaknight has a alternative version of Kirby's victory tune.
probably an alternate tune. if Lucas' victory tune is anything like Ness' in Melee, then it just wouldn't fit Claus.

on a side note, I hope more characters have alternate tunes this time. Like Bowser having his own theme instead of the Mario fanfare.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
Yeah I mean if Lucas has a Nice and calm Piano medley of orchestrated awesomeness than Claus should have a rough and more evil sounding but sounds like a orchestrated piece of awesomeness still like Lucas.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
When did Lucas have the opportunity to learn PK Fire, Thunder and Freeze? and don't tell me Kuma taught them to him, cause it's not true.
I know she didn't teach him that. Did Paula actually teach Ness her moves? He could've learned them after MOTHER 3's events unlike Claus. Come to htink of it, the whole PK thing could actually work in her favor by giving her PK Teleport and such.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I know she didn't teach him that. Did Paula actually teach Ness her moves? He could've learned them after MOTHER 3's events unlike Claus. Come to htink of it, the whole PK thing could actually work in her favor by giving her PK Teleport and such.
You're looking way too much into it, if he has those moves is not because he learned them after the end of the game, is because the programmers gave him those moves, simple and Kumatora never had Teleport.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You're looking way too much into it, if he has those moves is not because he learned them after the end of the game, is because the programmers gave him those moves, simple and Kumatora never had Teleport.
And Lucas never had those moves. They obviously don't care about game accuracy when it comes to PSI and it's not like she's an exception where she must learn the moves she learned and nothing else. Besides, there's always the Magypsy excuse.

vesperview

Smash Hero
And Lucas never had those moves. They obviously don't care about game accuracy when it comes to PSI and it's not like she's an exception where she must learn the moves she learned and nothing else. Besides, there's always the Magypsy excuse.
They've never taken it as far as giving a character moves from any of the other Mother games, and if you know they don't care why are you complaining?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They've never taken it as far as giving a character moves from any of the other Mother games, and if you know they don't care why are you complaining?
Because I just realized this possibility. I'll stop complaining.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Will he sound robotic? I know he's a cyborg but that doesn't mean he has to talk like that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Will he sound robotic? I know he's a cyborg but that doesn't mean he has to talk like that.
Sounding like Lucas, but with a metallic distortion would be perfect for him

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is what I wrote on the Mother series in my ULTIMATE Probable Playable CharactersIn Brawl Analysis Topic:

Mother/EarthBound series:

The eighth series that I am going to discuss is the Mother/EarthBound series. In the original Smash Bros., Ness was the representative of the series. Ness would later return in Melee since EarthBound 64 was cancelled (Sakurai was planning on replacing him with Lucas). However, Lucas has been revealed to be a playable character, and has been recently confirmed as to have replaced Ness. The question is whether Sakurai will consider to give the Mother series a second playable representative (which is more than enough considering that the series is finished, and there are only three installments in it). The most likely candidate for a second Mother character is the Masked Boy. I will also dedicate a paragraph to less likely Mother/EarthBound characters.

Masked Boy (Claus):

*major Mother 3 spoilers
The Masked Boy is a mysterious cybernetic child who has a high-ranking position within the Pig Mask Army. He wears a helmet, has a gun for an arm, and wields a beam-sword. He also has bat-like wings which he can use to escape, and sometimes throws a Pig Army bomb as those who he sees as incompetent. Its these traits that give the Masked Boy amazing moveset potential. However, his inclusion in Brawl could spoil Mother 3 for those who have not played it, as that it would probably be revealed that the Masked Boy is actually Claus, Lucas’s thought-to-be-deceased twin brother. Claus was also requested twice on Sakurai’s poll, the same number as Lucas who was confirmed to be playable. With the revelation of Lucas’s being Ness’s replacement, the Masked Boy is now unchallenged for a possible second playable Mother spot. The big question is whether Sakurai thinks a Japan-only game and a mostly Japan-only series is deserving of a second character.

Other Mother/EarthBound Characters:

The Mother/EarthBound series has many characters, unfortunately most of these characters don’t have much of a chance of getting in and here’s why:

Ness: Ness is the main protagonist of Mother 2/EarthBound. He was also a playable character in both the original Smash Bros. and Melee. However, he is unlikely to return in Brawl as a playable character. Why? Well, in the update confirming Lucas’s special moves, this remark is made, “There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series UP UNTIL NOW, and Lucas is very similar.” Although Lucas has different regular Smash-A attacks (as well as a different grab and special move) than Ness, Sakurai made sure to end the debate with the statement made at the beginning of the Lucas’s special moves update. Although he could potentially change his mind at the last minute of development, it is likely that Ness will be the first (and hopefully only) non-clone character to be cut from Melee. Hopefully, Ness will at least be an alternate costume or an Assist Trophy.

*some Mother 3 spoilers
Kumatora: Kumatora is one of the Lucas’s fellow party-members and an important character in Mother 3. She is the princess of Osohe Castle and she is very tomboyish (her name literally means bear-tiger). She is also the only other party member besides Lucas who can use psychic attacks. Her chances of getting in as a playable character were completely dependent on whether Lucas has Ness’s special moves. Unfortunately for Kumatora, Lucas has taken Ness’s moveset, which means that she would have to be a clone of Lucas in order to be playable. I expect Kumatora to show up either as an Assist Trophy or a regular trophy.

*some Mother 3 spoilers
Pokey: Pokey is the main protagonist of Mother 3 and a big antagonist in Mother 2 as well. His city in Mother 3 is an arena in Brawl. However, Pokey likely won’t get in as a playable character. Why? Because fatty can’t fight without his spider-mech. This makes Pokey more suited for a boss battle than for a playable character. If Pokey does not get in as a boss, I expect him in as either an Assist Trophy or a regular trophy.

Ninten: Ninten is the main protagonist of Mother 1. Unfortunately, his chances of getting in are low since he is virtually identical to Ness, and Mother 2/EarthBound is much more popular than Mother 1.

Loid/Ana/Teddy: Loid, Ana, and Teddy are Ninten’s fellow party members in Mother 1. They have basically no chance of getting in as playable characters. The most these characters can hope for is to get in as either an Assist Trophy, regular trophy, or sticker.

Paula/Jeff/Poo: Paula, Jeff, and Poo are Ness’s fellow party members in Mother 2/EarthBound. However, the only character from Mother 2 that has a real shot in getting in as a playable character is Ness himself. The most these characters can hope for is to get in as either an Assist Trophy, regular trophy, or sticker.

*some Mother 3 spoilers
Flint/Duster/Boney: Flint is Lucas’s father, and was playable only for the first chapter in the game (he was originally going to have a much larger role in EarthBound 64), therefore, his chances of getting in as a playable character are low. Duster’s chances are also low since he is not as popular as Kumatora, and Lucas has been shown to have Duster’s Rope Snake. Boney is also unlikely because he is not as popular as either Kumatora or Duster. The most these characters can hope for is to get in as either an Assist Trophy or a regular trophy.

My Personal Opinion (Mother):

I am really disappointed that Ness was deconfirmed. He was the star of one of my favorite RPGs, and I am going to really miss him. Other than that, I have nothing against the Masked Boy and I think that he has a lot of moveset potential. However, I think there are some other series that first need to represented (such as Pikmin and Custom Robo) or adequately represented (such as Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Donkey Kong), before a lesser series gets a second representative. Other than that I hope Ness comes back for Super Smash Bros. 4, or that Sakurai decides to change his mind and include Ness as a clone or alternate costume for Lucas.

Overall Analysis (Mother):

The only probable contender for a second playable spot for the Mother series is the Masked Boy.Since the Mother series won’t be having any more games in it (Itoi, the creator and writer of the Mother series, said that he will never make Mother 4, and ending of Mother 3 does not end with a cliffhanger like the previous two installments), two playable characters is more than enough for the series. However, there is a good chance that Lucas will be only playable character representing Mother this time around. It all depends on how many character there are going to be total in the game, if there are 35+ characters in Brawl, I could see Mother getting a second playable character.

If you liked what I just wrote, please visit the full topic:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124098

vesperview

Smash Hero
Here is what I wrote on the Mother series in my ULTIMATE Probable Playable CharactersIn Brawl Analysis Topic:

Mother/EarthBound series:

The eighth series that I am going to discuss is the Mother/EarthBound series. In the original Smash Bros., Ness was the representative of the series. Ness would later return in Melee since EarthBound 64 was cancelled (Sakurai was planning on replacing him with Lucas). However, Lucas has been revealed to be a playable character, and has been recently confirmed as to have replaced Ness. The question is whether Sakurai will consider to give the Mother series a second playable representative (which is more than enough considering that the series is finished, and there are only three installments in it). The most likely candidate for a second Mother character is the Masked Boy. I will also dedicate a paragraph to less likely Mother/EarthBound characters.

Masked Boy (Claus):

*major Mother 3 spoilers
The Masked Boy is a mysterious cybernetic child who has a high-ranking position within the Pig Mask Army. He wears a helmet, has a gun for an arm, and wields a beam-sword. He also has bat-like wings which he can use to escape, and sometimes throws a Pig Army bomb as those who he sees as incompetent. Its these traits that give the Masked Boy amazing moveset potential. However, his inclusion in Brawl could spoil Mother 3 for those who have not played it, as that it would probably be revealed that the Masked Boy is actually Claus, Lucas’s thought-to-be-deceased twin brother. Claus was also requested twice on Sakurai’s poll, the same number as Lucas who was confirmed to be playable. With the revelation of Lucas’s being Ness’s replacement, the Masked Boy is now unchallenged for a possible second playable Mother spot. The big question is whether Sakurai thinks a Japan-only game and a mostly Japan-only series is deserving of a second character.

Other Mother/EarthBound Characters:

The Mother/EarthBound series has many characters, unfortunately most of these characters don’t have much of a chance of getting in and here’s why:

Ness: Ness is the main protagonist of Mother 2/EarthBound. He was also a playable character in both the original Smash Bros. and Melee. However, he is unlikely to return in Brawl as a playable character. Why? Well, in the update confirming Lucas’s special moves, this remark is made, “There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series UP UNTIL NOW, and Lucas is very similar.” Although Lucas has different regular Smash-A attacks (as well as a different grab and special move) than Ness, Sakurai made sure to end the debate with the statement made at the beginning of the Lucas’s special moves update. Although he could potentially change his mind at the last minute of development, it is likely that Ness will be the first (and hopefully only) non-clone character to be cut from Melee. Hopefully, Ness will at least be an alternate costume or an Assist Trophy.

*some Mother 3 spoilers
Kumatora: Kumatora is one of the Lucas’s fellow party-members and an important character in Mother 3. She is the princess of Osohe Castle and she is very tomboyish (her name literally means bear-tiger). She is also the only other party member besides Lucas who can use psychic attacks. Her chances of getting in as a playable character were completely dependent on whether Lucas has Ness’s special moves. Unfortunately for Kumatora, Lucas has taken Ness’s moveset, which means that she would have to be a clone of Lucas in order to be playable. I expect Kumatora to show up either as an Assist Trophy or a regular trophy.

*some Mother 3 spoilers
Pokey: Pokey is the main protagonist of Mother 3 and a big antagonist in Mother 2 as well. His city in Mother 3 is an arena in Brawl. However, Pokey likely won’t get in as a playable character. Why? Because fatty can’t fight without his spider-mech. This makes Pokey more suited for a boss battle than for a playable character. If Pokey does not get in as a boss, I expect him in as either an Assist Trophy or a regular trophy.

Ninten: Ninten is the main protagonist of Mother 1. Unfortunately, his chances of getting in are low since he is virtually identical to Ness, and Mother 2/EarthBound is much more popular than Mother 1.

Loid/Ana/Teddy: Loid, Ana, and Teddy are Ninten’s fellow party members in Mother 1. They have basically no chance of getting in as playable characters. The most these characters can hope for is to get in as either an Assist Trophy, regular trophy, or sticker.

Paula/Jeff/Poo: Paula, Jeff, and Poo are Ness’s fellow party members in Mother 2/EarthBound. However, the only character from Mother 2 that has a real shot in getting in as a playable character is Ness himself. The most these characters can hope for is to get in as either an Assist Trophy, regular trophy, or sticker.

*some Mother 3 spoilers
Flint/Duster/Boney: Flint is Lucas’s father, and was playable only for the first chapter in the game (he was originally going to have a much larger role in EarthBound 64), therefore, his chances of getting in as a playable character are low. Duster’s chances are also low since he is not as popular as Kumatora, and Lucas has been shown to have Duster’s Rope Snake. Boney is also unlikely because he is not as popular as either Kumatora or Duster. The most these characters can hope for is to get in as either an Assist Trophy or a regular trophy.

My Personal Opinion (Mother):

I am really disappointed that Ness was deconfirmed. He was the star of one of my favorite RPGs, and I am going to really miss him. Other than that, I have nothing against the Masked Boy and I think that he has a lot of moveset potential. However, I think there are some other series that first need to represented (such as Pikmin and Custom Robo) or adequately represented (such as Metroid, Fire Emblem, and Donkey Kong), before a lesser series gets a second representative. Other than that I hope Ness comes back for Super Smash Bros. 4, or that Sakurai decides to change his mind and include Ness as a clone or alternate costume for Lucas.

Overall Analysis (Mother):

The only probable contender for a second playable spot for the Mother series is the Masked Boy.Since the Mother series won’t be having any more games in it (Itoi, the creator and writer of the Mother series, said that he will never make Mother 4, and ending of Mother 3 does not end with a cliffhanger like the previous two installments), two playable characters is more than enough for the series. However, there is a good chance that Lucas will be only playable character representing Mother this time around. It all depends on how many character there are going to be total in the game, if there are 35+ characters in Brawl, I could see Mother getting a second playable character.

If you liked what I just wrote, please visit the full topic:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=124098
Stop promoting your crap here please, if someone wants to read your topic, they'll go directly at it, it's not that most people care about your reasoning for you to copy paste it everywhere, geez!

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Vesperview, you could have read my post back on page 4 or 5...

On to topic.
Claus could have a voice, even though he only talks at the end of the game after he removes his helmet. Seeing that he was reconstructed, a robotic-distortioned voice (as mentioned before) could fit him.

About PSI...
He only learns PK Love (every level), but Sakurai can give him anyone he wants, as he did with Ness back on N64 and Melee, but I'd prefer to see him using his own PSI and moves.

What Claus can do in battle:
-Shoot with arm cannon
-Summon thunder with his sword
-Is it a bash or a slash? He has a phisical move on MOTHER3
-Remove any protective shields/barriers

What Claus can do outside of battle:
-Throw "pig bombs"
-Jump and slash you with his sword
-Glide and fly
-Pull out needles
-Talk on a celphone..? (Lucas finds his celphone on Chapter 7, on Osohe Castle's backyard)

By the way, now that I remembered this, I'll upload the Pig Mask ringtone soon, I have it here on my pc. Expect it sometime tonight.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Vesperview, you could have read my post back on page 4 or 5...

On to topic.
Claus could have a voice, even though he only talks at the end of the game after he removes his helmet. Seeing that he was reconstructed, a robotic-distortioned voice (as mentioned before) could fit him.

About PSI...
He only learns PK Love (every level), but Sakurai can give him anyone he wants, as he did with Ness back on N64 and Melee, but I'd prefer to see him using his own PSI and moves.

What Claus can do in battle:
-Shoot with arm cannon
-Is it a bash or a slash? He has a phisical move on MOTHER3
-Remove any protective shields/barriers

What Claus can do outside of battle:
-Throw "pig bombs"
-Jump and slash you with his sword
-Glide and fly
-Pull out needles
-Talk on a celphone..? (Lucas finds his celphone on Chapter 7, on Osohe Castle's backyard)

By the way, now that I remembered this, I'll upload the Pig Mask ringtone soon, I have it here on my pc. Expect it sometime tonight.
Thanks, I'll link to the old thread, I hadn't read your post.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How would that work in the game? I could see it happening in the storyline but it's hard to see that working otherwise.

T-major

Smash Champion
For some reason, I can't edit my post, but here is the ringtone.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gble7a
next to the Codec beep, thats thats my fantasy ringtone. :D

and yeah, Masked Man doesn't talk during the game, but that doesn't mean he can't talk. he's the leader of the Pig Mask army right? that means he must have some sort of way of speaking if he plans on giving them orders. further proof is the fact that Bubbleman said you can find his Cellphone. now, why would he have a cellphone if he couldn't talk? it makes perfect sense that he could have a voice in Brawl.

Top Bottom