• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Did infinity and Inui ever get the chance to play at CoT4? I watched infinity destroy DM right after Dojo did, but I never got to see him play Inui :/.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I had to barely lose at pacman
When I was stuck at a Shell gas station because of a terrible snowstorm this weekend, I beasted this Ms. Pacman machine they had. More than doubled the high score in the one time I played.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Did infinity and Inui ever get the chance to play at CoT4? I watched infinity destroy DM right after Dojo did, but I never got to see him play Inui :/.
It came down to last stock me vs him in a teams match on Brinstar. I was at 80, he was at 20. A minute later he was at 135 and I was at 125. He was falling down from the top of the screen and air dodged and I read him on a down smash, so I went to run up and shuttle loop to catch him with the invincibility frame and kill him off the top. I tripped. He down smashed like I thought he would. I died. Bear and DPhat watched the whole thing, I was kicking Inui's ***.

Inui johning said:
Nah. I had to barely lose to Snakeee and Judge before ever facing Infinity in singles.
I was 2 stocking Snakeee when I played him; we played like 6 games and he won 1 ( <3 Snakee, not trying to brag dude, just pointing this out to Inui to make a point. Snakeee is too pro). I didn't ever get to play against Judge =/

Edit - lol, Reflex > PacMan

Edit² - Come to think of it Hylian, I'd really like to see Zac play against Inui. Zac would win, obv, but I'm wondering how Inui would react to Zac's shennanigans...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I don't do MK dittos so you'd probably take me in that. I'd go Snake, lol.

Who's "Zac" and why would they obviously beat me? Is that Dojo's name? I'd do just fine against him with Snake.

Oh, wait, bias plus you playing me and Atomsk when we played horribly bad so that's your only impression of me. Did you forget that Atomsk and I played better the next day, beat ChuDat and Azen, and got 3rd in doubles?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't think Inui would obviously lose either lol. MK wrecks GW, and Inui knocked OBM out of winners at CoT4...

Snakeee

Smash Master
It came down to last stock me vs him in a teams match on Brinstar. I was at 80, he was at 20. A minute later he was at 135 and I was at 125. He was falling down from the top of the screen and air dodged and I read him on a down smash, so I went to run up and shuttle loop to catch him with the invincibility frame and kill him off the top. I tripped. He down smashed like I thought he would. I died. Bear and DPhat watched the whole thing, I was kicking Inui's ***.

I was 2 stocking Snakeee when I played him; we played like 6 games and he won 1 ( <3 Snakee, not trying to brag dude, just pointing this out to Inui to make a point. Snakeee is too pro). I didn't ever get to play against Judge =/

Edit - lol, Reflex > PacMan

Edit² - Come to think of it Hylian, I'd really like to see Zac play against Inui. Zac would win, obv, but I'm wondering how Inui would react to Zac's shennanigans...
We played like 6 games? It definitely wasn't more than 3 or 4, and I was still warming up :p. Plus, I don't remember getting 2 stocked, maybe it happened once??? You're really good, although I got far better than I was before at dealing with Metaknights that play like you and my brother.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's not a horrible matchup, its close to even, its just EXTREMELY campy.
I'll just agree to disagree with you haha. GW has zero approachs against MK because of shuttleloop/Ftilt and MK can approach GW safetly for the most part. MK doesn't need to camp at all lol. He just has to control GW with tilts and punish his lingering hitbox's with shuttle loop.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah, shuttle loop destroys bair. MK can also just shield it and ftilt OOS, or shuttle loop out of shield.

MK's dtilt has more range and comes out faster then GW's. So does his ftilt.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Yeah I don't do MK dittos so you'd probably take me in that. I'd go Snake, lol.
Johns :p

Who's "Zac" and why would they obviously beat me? Is that Dojo's name? I'd do just fine against him with Snake.
That isn't Dojo's name. And no you wouldn't.

Oh, wait, bias plus you playing me and Atomsk when we played horribly bad so that's your only impression of me. Did you forget that Atomsk and I played better the next day, beat ChuDat and Azen, and got 3rd in doubles?
You're actually right about doing better than us, we completely choked in teams the next day. Of course, that's kind of a moot point since I was pointing out my experience 1 vs 1 against you and not the overall teams experience. I won't go into teams, but I would like to play you guys again when I've got my regular teams partner. That would definitely be a fun match xD

As for Zac, I'm confident that he would win if the two of you played. The Metaknight vs Game and Watch matchup isn't as bad as people make it sound (I was getting Dojo's Metaknight down to 1 stock with my Game and Watch this past weekend. True story.) and Zac 2 stocked me on his counterpick when we played at No Koast, so I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions from that one.

Did you see that guys? My post involved massive name-dropping, results checking, and even "if he can beat me, and I can beat you, then he'll beat you!" Holy Inui logic! Oh, the irony!

I'm just letting everyone know that my last post was a bait post to see how Inui reacted and it did exactly what I thought it would do. I don't ever do this and I won't ever be doing it again, so I apologize to everyone involved. This is my last post here, I'll catch you all later. <3 you guys

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
GW has zero approachs against MK because of shuttleloop/Ftilt and MK can approach GW safetly for the most part.
This is Brawl, why approach?

MK doesn't need to camp at all lol.
Yes, G&W obviously has zero moves that are comparable with Meta's range so he definetely can't punish Meta for trying to attack. Obviously not.

He just has to control GW with tilts and punish his lingering hitbox's with shuttle loop.
Meta's tilts and G&W's bair/fair have comparable range. So if you miss with Meta you get punished, much like if you miss with G&W you get punished <_<. And as long as you're not stupid with your lingering hitboxes you aren't going to get shuttle loop *****. Using shuttle loop/fsmash to beat G&Ws bair will result in it being very irritating to kill G&W.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmzWFdfzgw&feature=related

I got better since then and better at the matchup but if the matchup was **** advantage it shouldn't have been close.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
lol wow, if you expect MK to up B you, all GW has to do is shield or maneuver around it

jump toward MK pretending to bair

air dodge backwards like chu does with kirby

MK Will shuttle loop and miss

free GW Nair, that is 17% right there + bad position for him. Up smash kills MK without DI at 64%, and I think a badly DId F smash is about the same maybe even less than that. Just saying

the matchup isn't worse than 6:4 MKs favor

another thing, you can only up B outta shield like half the time cuz the other half MK will get hit by the Bair (basing this on exp)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

This is Brawl, why approach?

Yes, G&W obviously has zero moves that are comparable with Meta's range so he definetely can't punish Meta for trying to attack. Obviously not.

Meta's tilts and G&W's bair/fair have comparable range. So if you miss with Meta you get punished, much like if you miss with G&W you get punished <_<. And as long as you're not stupid with your lingering hitboxes you aren't going to get shuttle loop *****. Using shuttle loop/fsmash to beat G&Ws bair will result in it being very irritating to kill G&W.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmzWFdfzgw&feature=related

I got better since then and better at the matchup but if the matchup was **** advantage it shouldn't have been close.
Using one match to justify a character match-up being close? Really?

Also, you never punish his dair and took damage trying to edgeguard him. Use utilt :p. And when you hit his shield with Ftilt don't do all 3 hits quickly or you will just get baired. Bait out the bair then shuttle loop it instead of following though with the ftilt.

lol wow, if you expect MK to up B you, all GW has to do is shield or maneuver around it

jump toward MK pretending to bair

air dodge backwards like chu does with kirby

MK Will shuttle loop and miss

free GW Nair, that is 17% right there + bad position for him. Up smash kills MK without DI at 64%, and I think a badly DId F smash is about the same maybe even less than that. Just saying

the matchup isn't worse than 6:4 MKs favor

another thing, you can only up B outta shield like half the time cuz the other half MK will get hit by the Bair (basing this on exp)
Why do you change your opinion so much? I asked you what to do with GW to beat MK and you told me to change characters because you didn't think the match-up was even possible. I personally think it's 65-35 .

Why would you shuttle loop before GW bairs also? You can just shuttle loop his bair OOS, no reason to miss lol or if he lands on the ground just wait for the ground hit and ftilt OOS. Or walk backwards slowly and reverse shuttle loop.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Ok.... I don't really like MK dittos and I main Snake for singles, so I'd go Snake against you and not fight you in a match-up you are clearly my superior in.

You're actually right about doing better than us, we completely choked in teams the next day. Of course, that's kind of a moot point since I was pointing out my experience 1 vs 1 against you and not the overall teams experience. I won't go into teams, but I would like to play you guys again when I've got my regular teams partner. That would definitely be a fun match xD
You're 1 vs 1 experience against me was the last stocks of a teams match in a match-up you are better than me in while I was playing poorly. You shouldn't really judge so much off of that. Atomsk and I are most certainly the most dominant static team in this part of the world. I don't really think you'd win even with your normal partner, but it should be close at least.

As for Zac, I'm confident that he would win if the two of you played. The Metaknight vs Game and Watch matchup isn't as bad as people make it sound (I was getting Dojo's Metaknight down to 1 stock with my Game and Watch this past weekend. True story.) and Zac 2 stocked me on his counterpick when we played at No Koast, so I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions from that one.
I don't pick Meta Knight against Game and Watch anymore and really never did besides once. I beat OmegaBlackMage with Snake, beat Velocity in his prime with Snake and Pit, beat Hylian with Marth, beat Vex Kasrani with Meta Knght, etc. I'm perfectly fine against that character.

I read those spoilers and w/e... >_>; I stayed civil.

Hylian said:
Why do you change your opinion so much?
Vex twostocked him once in tourny with Game and Watch, lol.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Using one match to justify a character match-up being close? Really?
Did I say that? No. I was using that video to supplement my argument

Also, you never punish his dair and took damage trying to edgeguard him. Use utilt :p.
I'm going to assume you mean uptilt to hit his dair not to edgeguard. I already knew that, he just caught me off guard with it. And how could I *not* take damage edgeguarding? If he is close enough he can just wait for my invincibility frames to run out and I'll get hit off the ledge and possibly get stage spiked by his up B. If I get up he can just grab the ledge.

And when you hit his shield with Ftilt don't do all 3 hits quickly or you will just get baired. Bait out the bair then shuttle loop it instead of following though with the ftilt.
Why does only the Meta player have a brain? Suppose I did the first two hits and did up b and he just held his shield? Even if I cancel the up b he can spam upairs to keep me above and then either go for a possible 9 for a low % kill or nair me for guaranteed 17%. If I'm at high he can just fair me for a kill.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You're right. Theory talk is stupid lol.

Again, I'll just agree to disagree.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Is anyone planning to edit Samurai Panda's commentary into the videos? These vids are too good not to have commentary.

Also, Chibo, are grand finals gonna be uploaded?

Niko_K

Smash Master
I really would like videos of the riot please. Also the majority of the interviews with M2K and other pros have me being stupid in the background *giving them bunny ears and making ******** faces* I want that vid too xD.

Rofa has TONS of footage to go through though, give him time.

Saiya

Smash Cadet
Hey, I checked in this thread a LONG time ago but no matches or recordings were up yet. So I was just wondering if anything has been posted yet? Cause 90 pages is way too much to go through, heh.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
theres links to vids in the first post. you can find some more by searching on utube that i havnt put links of yet (mainly doubles matches)

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
chibo are you going to upload the first 2 matches of ally vs lee? Those where actually really good don't know if he would mind but since he won one I wouldn't think so. It would be worth to ask.

Theres also a lot of other people who should have videos too, where are neo, azen, anther, and teams. All thats been uploaded are the top 10 you should get on top of the people who have those other videos.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
oh yes I'm sorry I forgot to re-upload the first 2 matches of lee v ally. Will do tonight.

Vex has teams and other matches. He's already uploaded a batch to youtube (i just dont have links to em o nthe first post), and if he has anymore il beg him to put them up.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
rofas documentary... where is itttttttttt
i dont think he is going to release it to the public its just for his film class.

If people WANTED it really bad and were talking with the leaders of smashboards and whatnot, im sure they could strike a deal or somthing. i saw a preview and it looks totally badass.... like id pay 10-20 bux for a copy of the finished thing. regardless of how stupid i look on camera :) its REALLY good

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
You saw a preview of it? I'm kinda jealous. I think Rofa actually does intend to release it to the public, but he hasn't decided exactly how he's going to do it yet. I've talked to him about it, and it definitely seems like he's going to release it beyond his class.

Top Bottom