• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Pit is decent he has a really good moveset. But I can definitely see him in D teir.

this same crap happened with sonic last teir list. In any case don't complain about how low your character is when you aren't proving their worth. It's easy to say, but proof comes from showing people what you say works in practice.

I know sheiks aren't doing that right now. We will be though~

Browny

Smash Hater
lmao do you even look at tourney results, ever?

sonic went up to #23 on the tier list because he funnily enough, was ranked #20 in all 3 tournament reporting periods before the tier list. it wasnt some 'crap' it was perfectly legitimate. On the other hand, pit has placed 21, 20 and 18 in the 3 periods before this update while he now sits at 14.

complete opposite ends of the spectrum.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
pit is above sonic now.

The main thing I was talking about was the voting system that was used on the last list. Sonic ust barely making it into a higher tier. In fact I think he didn't make it and was bumped in anyway last time.

Sonic has his pros but he feels really gimmicky to my with his lack of solid approach options, difficulty killing, and difficulty setting up kills.

When I said "D teir" I meant C though... he isn't a B teir character by any stretch IMO...

Alzi

Smash Master
Did pit go up because of his voice? I think he should drop down two places because of his voice.

Around that tier list i think it should go:

ZSS
Toon Link
Pit

seriously.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
At least with large rises there grows easy ways to compare at the next interval...
If a character drastically rises and does not live out those standards you can expect strong adjustments.
Like Wario from the last list to now. Its honestly really hard for characters to move forward without making enough noise, so to speak; but essentially I feel the faster they rise the harder they [can] fall. Unless we truly found their (roughly) accurate spot.
Either Pit lives to these new expectations or he will fall below more deserving characters.

I kinda wish the few vigilant Pit supporters were willing to comment on things... but they havent... oh well...

Browny

Smash Hater
I wish the few vigilant pit supporters did more than merely talk about his planking potential...

that is most definitely not sarcasm btw

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
pit is above sonic now.

The main thing I was talking about was the voting system that was used on the last list. Sonic ust barely making it into a higher tier. In fact I think he didn't make it and was bumped in anyway last time.

Sonic has his pros but he feels really gimmicky to my with his lack of solid approach options, difficulty killing, and difficulty setting up kills.

When I said "D teir" I meant C though... he isn't a B teir character by any stretch IMO...

I think from now on, Im going to reverse every single instance of the names "Shiek" and "Sonic" in all of your posts.

It ends up being way more accurate than it should be.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
I understand the joke but at least get the lyrics right that lead up to it :/
Plz dont nit pick k thnx

I kinda wish the few vigilant Pit supporters were willing to comment on things... but they havent... oh well...
Who are these people and where can I find them?

I wish the few vigilant pit supporters did more than merely talk about his planking potential...

that is most definitely not sarcasm btw
I lol'd severely at this

Flayl

Smash Hero

I think from now on, Im going to reverse every single instance of the names "Shiek" and "Sonic" in all of your posts.

It ends up being way more accurate than it should be.
It's amazing how he sets himself up for posts like this honestly.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I have now seen three different BBR members saying that the EC players screwed over someone on the tier list or caused them to jump up too high.

Step it up East Coast, you're failing hard currently.

On a side note, I don't suppose it's possible to see a tier list minus the EC players' votes. I wanna see the differences...

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, EC actually has top pit players, why do you think we're less qualified to judge his potential?

OMG EC IS ****ING IT UP WHY IS PIT SO HIGH</person from a region with no good pit players>

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
It would be amazing to see regional tier lists :p

Brazil and Japan have their own, why not Midwest, West, and EC? Just for comparative purposes :p

Btw, I think the only reason Pit has gone up is that he's one of the few non-bad characters left whose metagame hasn't been picked over and analyzed to the nth degree. Pit still remains an unpredictable, often difficult to fight against character. Potential shouldn't dictate the placing of a character, but I see no issues with it being a part.

Don't worry, once Pit starts to get used seriously in tourneys, and the spotlight turns on him chances are he'll settle in C or D tier. What's saving Pit at the mo' is his potential.... (or he might turn out to be truly amazing, in which case people'll ***** even more :p)

Anywho... I'm bored so I came up with a tier list that'd make me happier :p

S --- MK, Snake
A --- Diddy, Falco, Wario, ICs, Marth, DDD
B --- Lucario, Pikachu, Olimar, G&W, ZSS, TL
C --- Kirby, ROB, Peach, Pit, DK
D --- Luigi, Wolf, Fox, Sheik, Sonic
E --- PT, Ness, Yoshi, Bowser, Mario
F --- Lucas, Ike, Jigglypuff, Samus, Zelda
G --- CF, Link, Ganon

Just slapped that together in about 3 minutes :p

Oh, and by the way, is there anyone out there who actually uses Sheik and Zelda together? Or does everyone just use one or the other :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I gotta say Jiggs, Yoshi, Ike, and Lucas are better than the tier list they are in.

Especially over Bowser, Ness, PT and CF

(Plus Boss's Mario is good but has been beaten by Pink Fresh with Lucas and Boss is the only Mario main *I have yet to seen* be that good o_o)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Lol at the Zelda trio being the 3 worst. Ness being in middle (upper low) has completed my day... for like forever.

Hmm: how DID ness rise anyway?

(is a happy Ness main)

Code Lyon

Smash Journeyman
Idk about your 3 minute tier list just mainly Wolf over Fox.... there was dicussion on why Fox was better than wolf a while ago I think Cauliber made the thread.....
*goes to tunnel of threads to find it*

Edit: *14 mins later...*

I FOUND IT!

Fox vs Wolf
Video Analysis: CaliburChamp MK vs Equi Wolf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmm62lhahoA
R00kie Fox vs ? Metaknight http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2LeUsJTqL8
M2K MK vs Anti Wolf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1F_mU57auo
Ninja Link Wolf vs R00kie Fox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlCwfUy5t64&fmt=18
Samboner Fox vs Ultimate Razer Snake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW9nH...eature=related
JJ Wolf vs Focus Snake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCf4l...eature=related
Fenrir Fox vs Bonesaw MK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOI11AxO42k&fmt=18

Summary : Quoted from Iblis: "Either that light or they are just ingoring it and just tryna put what they feel after reading solid facts from both sides..

Hey guys please read the past pages so you don't end up looking stupid and posting things that have been repeatly discussed or if want to claim something put some explaination up or shut up. Remember don't be a "highfive".

I say Fox is better still actually from what i see it's a medium to small margin that fox is better being charcter moveset compared.... Match-up compared Fox win small margin.... Tourney results Fox wins small margin which is shown in most current tier list. Adding that up you actually see Fox slowly pulling ahead of Wolf. But by no means nessecary is Wolf a bad character. Just this comparision makes that idea.

Summary for lazy posters...or trolls.

Fox is moblie, better recovery, slightly faster moveset.
Wolf has better aerial momentum.
Fox has 1 more bad MU than Wolf but Wolf's **** MU's characters show up most in tournies whereas only one of Fox's shows up most at tourney.
Fox slight better Rep. than wolf= Fox has the better tourney results
So from looking at past discussion looks like Fox has actually a meduim margin ahead of Wolf."

Fox wins.
Thread Link : http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253997

Sorry the certain uncessary parts in the summary I should of asked him to edit my summary but whatever....

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I have no idea why, all of a sudden after v4 was released, people started ranking TL over Kirby, as well as ZSS over Kirby.

What's people's reasons for these? I'd like to hear some opinions.

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
Code Lyon, I consider Fox and Wolf around equal. They both have strong pros and cons, and in the end I don't really think that one is better than the other as far as the big picture goes.

If I had to choose, I'd put Wolf slightly above Fox, simply because of better aerials, his reflector, and slightly better attacks in general. That just is my personal preference though, tbh they're around equal in my tier list :p

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
I have no idea why, all of a sudden after v4 was released, people started ranking TL over Kirby, as well as ZSS over Kirby.

What's people's reasons for these? I'd like to hear some opinions.

Probably for a lot of the same reasons Pit is so high now, TL and ZSS are both unpredictable characters whose metagames are still being developed. TL has a lot of very interesting and very good ATs, and ZSS is a very good all around character with an unpredictable and unique game. There's a lot of potential yet in ZSS and TL, unfortunately (and I'm not biased here, I'm a former Kirby main), Kirby just doesn't have that many tricks up his sleeve :(

Kirby's rather predictable, and people know how to play against him well. Although, tbh, I don't think that the differences in placement between TL ZSS and Kirby are that great, it's just that TL and ZSS had a slight edge over Kirby.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea, Peach isn't S Tier, what did we smoke?
You tell me mister know it all. You the one who smoke the ****. You dont know what you smoke and you are a BBR member? The rules and fate of this game relys on you people? Oh man........this is rich.

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Probably for a lot of the same reasons Pit is so high now, TL and ZSS are both unpredictable characters whose metagames are still being developed. TL has a lot of very interesting and very good ATs, and ZSS is a very good all around character with an unpredictable and unique game. There's a lot of potential yet in ZSS and TL, unfortunately (and I'm not biased here, I'm a former Kirby main), Kirby just doesn't have that many tricks up his sleeve :(

Kirby's rather predictable, and people know how to play against him well. Although, tbh, I don't think that the differences in placement between TL ZSS and Kirby are that great, it's just that TL and ZSS had a slight edge over Kirby.
I personally believe that Kirby is better than ZSS (obviously slightly). She gets hurt too much by smart shieldcamping opponents, powershielding hurts her too much... Kirby has a reliable grab, he can get around this horrible weakness, as well as recover much more unpredictably. As a ZSS player, I can assure you that ZSS will be recovering from either very high up, or stage-level all of the time. Kirby can recover from any height due to his 5 jumps and slow fall speed, making it harder to follow.

I also think ZSS's metagame has reached a limiter. She needs something 'new' to spice her up. Otherwise, it's just gonna be the same thing over and over again each match, just like Kirby's metagame/playstyle... Both are predictable and both have good kill moves, but I really feel like Kirby has it better than ZSS. I'd like to hear some more opinions, though!

Now, I don't use TL, but I've seen a very good TL and played against him too much (TLMSheikant), so I have some info on him... What does he have over Kirby? He was below him last tierlist, rose up in this one... Nothing really happened with TL nor Kirby, and last tierlist people were predicting Kirby being over TL, but after v4's release I've seen lots of "TL > Kirby" positions. What's the reasoning behind this?

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It sounds like a bandwagon thing Kweeky for the little TL>Kirby thing.
I'm not even mildly frustrated because well, the positions within each tier don't matter as much as tier placement. I'm just curious is all. :)

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
I personally believe that Kirby is better than ZSS (obviously slightly). She gets hurt too much by smart shieldcamping opponents, powershielding hurts her too much... Kirby has a reliable grab, he can get around this horrible weakness, as well as recover much more unpredictably. As a ZSS player, I can assure you that ZSS will be recovering from either very high up, or stage-level all of the time. Kirby can recover from any height due to his 5 jumps and slow fall speed, making it harder to follow.

I also think ZSS's metagame has reached a limiter. She needs something 'new' to spice her up. Otherwise, it's just gonna be the same thing over and over again each match, just like Kirby's metagame/playstyle... Both are predictable and both have good kill moves, but I really feel like Kirby has it better than ZSS. I'd like to hear some more opinions, though!

Now, I don't use TL, but I've seen a very good TL and played against him too much (TLMSheikant), so I have some info on him... What does he have over Kirby? He was below him last tierlist, rose up in this one... Nothing really happened with TL nor Kirby, and last tierlist people were predicting Kirby being over TL, but after v4's release I've seen lots of "TL > Kirby" positions. What's the reasoning behind this?
Yes, Kirby has reliable options, and a *good* recovery, not a great one, just a good one :/

Kirby's recovery can be very predictable, especially against other characters who are good in the air... I don't think ZSS's metagame is as far advanced as Kirby's, and I think that's basically what gives her the slight edge in the tier placement. Add onto that the fact that there are so many totally different styles of playing ZSS, it can come down to more the person who uses her than the character herself, which also gives her an edge.

About TL, i don't know... I've *seen* some amazing TLs, but I haven't had a chance to play against many. I still think TL ZSS and Kirby are all very close, I can't quite figure out what TL's edge is though >.< probably projectiles :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom