• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ashley Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Okay, this is really simple, so let's keep it really simple:

This thread is about Ashley, specifically as it relates to her being (or not being) in Brawl. This thread is not about the people who post in this thread.

SWF has a rule specifically against "replying to spam," which is not unlike feeding a troll or responding to image spam. This includes a post like "stop spamming," which, after image spam is removed, looks stupid, and in the end only makes picking out the posts to delete take longer than it should. If you notice spam here or anywhere else, you should report it, but you shouldn't post about it or respond to it.

Now, get back to the actual subject of this thread.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I'm not stupid, I doubt the admins are either.

They probably got IP banned, that's why they haven't returned yet.
They can still use Proxies which block your IP address, or even make new ones.

What;s so good about her song anyways?

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
:)

I know. A good compromise for having to add that Wario Ware version of Wario over Wario Land Wario.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I'm not hung up on anything, it's just the truth.
If Overall Wario forgot his Wario Ware stage, Wario-Man transformation, and Wario Ware song, maybe you would be telling the truth. Even then thats a stretch. Ashley does have fans afterall and they would still create a thread and post in that thread regardless of which suit Wario wears to work.

Elysium

Smash Lord
If Overall Wario forgot his Wario Ware stage, Wario-Man transformation, and Wario Ware song, maybe you would be telling the truth. Even then thats a stretch. Ashley does have fans afterall and they would still create a thread and post in that thread regardless of which suit Wario wears to work.
Does that really count as a job though? What would he put on his resume?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
Good news:
(OK, it's not really new, but noone noticed it)

I think most of us know http://ikusaba.client.jp/ .
Well, we thought only one random Japanese guy is making this site and only he is putting the characters on the site.

In reality the site is a part of a bigger Nintendo fan site. Reader can argue which character they want and why. Or they can say which character they won't.

He put the characters on it with his gaming experience and the arguments of the fans.
___

Why was Ashley choosen over all WarioWare characters?
(Before someone says it was because of the music update - Ashley was on it before the music update)

What do you guys think?

Do you think they took Ashley on it, because of the popularity? Or because Ashley would have a good moveset? Or Brawl has a lack of something like Ashley?

Well, it isn't represantive for the opinion of all Japanese gamers / future Brawl players.
But that's a nice number of japanese Ashley supporter.

Maggirus

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Interesting. The fact that this came before her theme was put up is definitely a good point.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
OK, she was on the second roster.
Because (how was it?) it isn't known how popular/well known she is.

After the music update, they changed Ashley in the first roster.

(There are characters like Geno, Paper Mario, Flint, Kumatora, Porky, Zant and Lip in the second roster)

Maggirus

Gill

Smash Journeyman
If obscure characters like Pit and Ice Climbers can get in, and they can give Captain Falcon a moveset, ANYTHING is possible. I think Ashley would get in before Mona because she has things to work off of to create a moveset, Mona would be a bit more difficult.

Biggie Smalls said:
Are you sure? Marth has an anime show, Pit went in BECAUSE of the anime, Kirby had one, Pokemon definetly, Mario did, Link did, and there's oh so many I can't even remember.
First off, the guy was saying PURELY anime characters. Such as Naruto and Luffy and so on. THEY have 0 chance of getting in. Pikachu got into SSB because he was the most popular pokemon, due to the anime, but he didn't originate from the anime.

Second, Pit was in an anime? o_O (Unless you're talking about The Game Master, where he looked uber creepy.)

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
If obscure characters like Pit and Ice Climbers can get in, and they can give Captain Falcon a moveset, ANYTHING is possible. I think Ashley would get in before Mona because she has things to work off of to create a moveset, Mona would be a bit more difficult.
They could also give Mona a nice moveset. I think she is more popular and she would get before Ashley in Brawl.
Well, she is something like a multi-talent doing everything with success. You could give for every job she had an own move. But thre result would be far'fetchd.
(It would be a shame if Sakurai wouldn't give Mona her moped).

Ashley is just a witch and she wouldn't have a problem with her moveset. She has more moves than half of the Melee roster.

I think Ashley would get in if Sakurai want to have a witch in Brawl. (Kamek would be also a nice choice) Something like Shiek. She was a little bit important to OoT. But she ik an assasin and she could easily have a moveset.

Second, Pit was in an anime? o_O (Unless you're talking about The Game Master, where he looked uber creepy.)
Wasn't this the series with Captain N? I'm lucky there aren't any of this crappy series anymore.

Maggirus

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If obscure characters like Pit and Ice Climbers can get in, and they can give Captain Falcon a moveset, ANYTHING is possible.
The problem with this comparison is that Pit and The Ice Climbers are "retro" characters. I hate to use that term as sometimes it's used wrongly, but I think it's quite clear to us all that Ashley is no where near a "retro" character. She is a minor character in a newer series. (not to mention that she's only been in a few of the games from the series and those are all recent.)

I think Ashley would get in before Mona because she has things to work off of to create a moveset, Mona would be a bit more difficult.
I find it hilariously ironic that you mention Captain Falcon up there getting his own moveset to claim everything is possible, and than you turn around and say Mona won't get in because she has no moveset to work with.

The point is, Sakurai CAN make a moveset for anybody, and why would he give it to a newer less important character as opposed to Mona?

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I find it hilariously ironic that you mention Captain Falcon up there getting his own moveset to claim everything is possible, and than you turn around and say Mona won't get in because she has no moveset to work with.
I'm only saying the moveset for Ashley would be more easier to make than the one for Mona and I even say that" I think she is more popular and she would get before Ashley in Brawl."
...so?

The point is, Sakurai CAN make a moveset for anybody, and why would he give it to a newer less important character as opposed to Mona?
Maybe because he want to have a character like Ashley in?

Maggirus

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm only saying the moveset for Ashley would be more easier to make than the one for Mona and I even say that" I think she is more popular and she would get before Ashley in Brawl."
...so?

Maggirus
Just give Mona cheerleader moves and stuff...

I could think up a moveset for Mona

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
...so?

Maggirus
Ashley's moveset potential proves NOTHING.
By the way, highlighted in red proves my theory of you all being ignorant even more!

Ashley needs to be in Brawl.
SL9.. sounds like a spammer.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ohhh, that was what it was. I thought it was a gun or something. SL9 was like the one with the orange suited guy and Lana and Skye.
Not quite. The SL9 Incident happened three years before Gant, Lana, Skye, and co.

Ganondorf

Smash Cadet
How does this thread have 2709 (+ 1 = 2710) replies?
I would rather have Ashley from RE4 playable... (I'm sure someone else must have said that at some stage in this thread.)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
How does this thread have 2709 (+ 1 = 2710) replies?
I would rather have Ashley from RE4 playable... (I'm sure someone else must have said that at some stage in this thread.)
Huh? Well thats fine. Now make a thread about RE4 Ashley or find one, then drool over her there troll.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
How is he a troll for that? Wondering how the thread has such an exorbant amount of replies seems like a pretty valid thing to be curious about.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
How is he a troll for that? Wondering how the thread has such an exorbant amount of replies seems like a pretty valid thing to be curious about.
Good lord. I hope the spirit of Christmas has filled you with a sense of humor and what you are telling me is a joke.

Hes wondering why this thread has such a high amount of replies because he thinks Ashley is not a good character.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
I don't care for Ashley and her chances, but the reason this thread caught my interest in the first place was because of the disproportionate amount of replies. As it turns out, it's not due to her support.

If I posted the reason I looked here, would that make me a troll too? He's not saying anything inflammatory and he's not insulting anyone. His post has no purpose, but purposeless =/= trolling.

He's not even saying "Ashley has no chance!" He's saying he'd prefer a different character named Ashley, that's it, and there's no reason to shoo him out of the thread based on your assumptions.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I don't care for Ashley and her chances, but the reason this thread caught my interest in the first place was because of the disproportionate amount of replies. As it turns out, it's not due to her support.
As it turns out its due to people like him coming here and stating similar opinions, only over and over and over again.

Am I somehow not a troll just because I didn't post the reason I looked here? He's not saying anything inflammatory and he's not insulting anyone. His post has no purpose, but purposeless =/= trolling.
Well do you consider yourself a troll? Have you come here to discuss Ashley in a way that is actually constructive? If so, then you aren't a troll. Arguments against Ashley are welcome, they stir debate, and sometimes they even bring up new points neither side has seen before. Hater spam however, is not characteristic of an inquisitive poster who actually wants to know why the Ashley thread got as many replies as it did.

purposeless + character bashing = trolling

I would like to add something here.

When a guy prefers a feeble teenage girl with limited intelligence and no special abilities of any sort over a character that has those things as a playable character for Brawl, then that person seriously is not interested in Ashley or a constructive discussion about her.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
That sentence was really poor wording on my part (It's 4 AM >_>), but no, I didn't mean to imply that I'm a troll. I reworded it.

The thing is that he's not bashing the character just by saying that he doesn't like her. There's nothing wrong with that opinion, and my response was because I think your response to it was needless overreacting.

Yes, it's useless. Yes, it's been posted a million times. Then ignore it. Don't jump at the user's throat, it doesn't really leave a great impression.

When a guy prefers a feeble teenage girl with limited intelligence and no special abilities of any sort over a character that has those things as a playable character for Brawl, then that person seriously is not interested in Ashley or a constructive discussion about her.
That's purely your opinion. Sure, you may not like the character and I don't know a lot about who he's talking about, but isn't claiming that his opinion is invalid because he'd prefer a similarly named character also character bashing?

Ganondorf

Smash Cadet
Thanks EDreams. And to Krystal, I'm sorry my post was able to offend you so much. I just made the post to express my astonishment over the number of posts that such a relatively uninteresting unimportant character has garnered (this is of course, my opinion). When I used to surf these boards six years ago (prior to the release of Melee) I'm sure that such a thing never occured.
My comment about Ashley Graham was a joke, by the way...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
That sentence was really poor wording on my part (It's 4 AM >_>), but no, I didn't mean to imply that I'm a troll. I reworded it.

The thing is that he's not bashing the character just by saying that he doesn't like her. There's nothing wrong with that opinion, and my response was because I think your response to it was needless overreacting.

Yes, it's useless. Yes, it's been posted a million times. Then ignore it. Don't jump at the user's throat, it doesn't really leave a great impression.

That's purely your opinion. Sure, you may not like the character and I don't know a lot about who he's talking about, but isn't claiming that his opinion is invalid because he'd prefer a similarly named character also character bashing?
First off I never said his opinion was invalid because he didn't like Wario Ware Ashley. Secondly, its not character bashing. I told him if he preferred RE4 Ashley over Wario Ware Ashley, then he should make or find a thread about her, and then show his support there. If you actually knew who RE4 Ashley was, you would realize that nothing good could have ever come out of his statement. Since it was a useless message and a purposefully offensive one, I hereby deem him a troll.

Del Money

Smash Champion

If I posted the reason I looked here, would that make me a troll too? He's not saying anything inflammatory and he's not insulting anyone. His post has no purpose, but purposeless =/= trolling.

He's not even saying "Ashley has no chance!" He's saying he'd prefer a different character named Ashley, that's it, and there's no reason to shoo him out of the thread based on your assumptions.
Dude, shut the hell up. It's Christmas. Be merry. Drink eggnog. Eat good food. Ignore thread disputes. And do other stuff that I can't think of at the moment.

Ashley 4...Br--(d'oh I can't bring myself to say it)

Gill

Smash Journeyman
The problem with this comparison is that Pit and The Ice Climbers are "retro" characters. I hate to use that term as sometimes it's used wrongly, but I think it's quite clear to us all that Ashley is no where near a "retro" character. She is a minor character in a newer series. (not to mention that she's only been in a few of the games from the series and those are all recent.)
Marth and Roy were absolutely TOTALLY UNKNOWN in the states but they BOTH got into SSBM. They could put Ashley in to have two Wario Ware characters, to further promote the series.

When did I say Mona won't get in? I believe I said Ashley would get in before Mona. You can create a moveset for anybody, I'm just saying it'd just be simpler to create a moveset for Ashley because she has something to work off of - being a witch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom